Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Etsy gives scholarships to women to become programmers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

Etsy gives scholarships to women to become programmers Empty
PostSubject: Etsy gives scholarships to women to become programmers   Etsy gives scholarships to women to become programmers EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:19 am

The news article itself is quite good news.

Quote :
Hacker School co-founder Nick Bergson-Shilcock also notes that the female applicants will be judged on the same scale as men. “It frustrates us a little that we feel the need to say that,” writes Bergson-Shilcock, “and we think it underlines the sexism (intentional and not) that so pervades the programming world.”

The bad part, as with all of the internet, is when people are allowed to open their mouths. One particularly creeping mould is Scott Stevens, who seems to really need to emphasize that men and women are DIFFERENT and that men get all the good traits and women are shy, unintelligent homemakers with no ambition EXCEPT THE AMBITION TO STEAL SEX AND MONEY.

Quote :
You may think this is fantastic, and everything, Eric - but it doesn't make for a stable society, encouraging women to do men's work. Taking the home-making gender out of her natural environment, to compete with men in theirs is stupid. Men are the inherently ambitious, independent gender, NOT women.

And there seems to be a heavy focus on male nurses for some reason. Lotta men wanna be nurses but just can't find the resources!

Quote :
Kervin Pierre OK so show me all the male only scholarships for teaching degrees and nursing degrees. Only women get these incentives. Never ever are men given any incentives at all, unless perhaps they are black or American Indian. When women are a minority, then it's discrimination. When men are no one gives a crap. When women made up 40% of enrollment in college, the country provided all kinds of "incentive" and financial help and affirmative action. Now that men make up only 1/3 of graduates in college, no one does a damn thing to change this. in fact Google women only scholarships and you get a boatload of them even though they are the majority in college. Men, you get zero if you Google it. So yes, it is sexist because it's only when women make up a minority in something is anything done about it. It's the same in countries like India. They make quotas to get women into political positions because women have been a minority. That's what women want here in the US. Even though no one ever stopped them from running for office. And now in that country they make say 40% reserved for women positions, it has turned to 65% women and growing in political positions. Now that men are a minority, it no longer matters about equality. Again, when women are under represented by their own choices, we have to make things equal. When men are under represented, who cares.

There are NO scholarships for men. Except for
Spoiler:

Quote :
Mackenzie 'maco' Morgan OK, send me direct links to them then. Nursing scholarships just for men. You can keep talking about how they are so common, so send me to these supposed male-only nursing scholarship pages. So far I have seen 1 for $500 and max.10 @ $1000 but only if they can fund it. Here is my list- women's only scholarships. Despite women outpacing men and far outnumbering them in college, scholarships continue to only be given to women. There are none for men. zero. So as men make up 1/3 of college graduates, that number will continue to decline. How about 15%? 10%? That's the issue. There is no desire for true equality- it's all about what more can we give to women at the expense of men.

Quote :
Etsy, has completely whitewashed and chosen to ignore the *fact* that most of the higher-education institutes are discriminatory against male students

I DON'T BELIEVE IN GENDER. I DIDN'T MAKE THE RULES THAT DECIDED THAT WOMEN ARE PROPERTY, I JUST SUPPORT THEM BECAUSE THEY BENEFIT ME.

Quote :
What's the reason to support women more then men? When women WANT to be hackers, the CAN be... why pay them for something they apparently don't want... what the fuck is wrong with this world... this gender stuff is all to weird...

Women are not disabled in some kind of weird manner... they are even preferred often enough just for looks, being less "punished" or "picked" out just for looks, women can behave like assholes and being applauded for it while men are just assholes then... what kind of society is that leading to?

We came to the conclusion that men are not better than women so why throw it all upside down now? To compensate for something? This is not behaving lessons-learned but like being guilty.

Women here, women there... I start hating the women now for being preferred. I am a child of the 80s generation in Europe, I know how it is as a man being told that I am the bad gender, having surpressed women for centuries... yeah... as 10 year old I did that my whole life... WTF, I ask you WTF... I am as guilty for surpressing women as I am for World War 2...

Don't you see where this is leading to?

Stop this stupid stuff. Women: Stand up and help men, speak up for them. I did that, too, for women. Help stopping this stupidity. There's no such thing like the better gender... there's just abilities.

(Scott again)

Quote :
Golda Matthias - Stable society is built upon genders playing to their biological strengths. Sure, you can train to a woman to be a soldier/policeman/fireman/programmer/super world leader, etc., in the same way you could train a man to be a florist/toenail-painter/pink party planner/teddybear picnic organiser/etc., but what's the point? You wouldn't train a horse to abseil, or a hawk to pull a carriage, because that's going against what their genes. All this stuff is just destabilising society and starting to frustrate men. It's a lot easier to convince women that they have been oppressed and must do men's work, than it is to convince men that they must do women's work, because, with the greatest respect, the female mind is more easily influenced than the male's. The only reason women - and other 'minority' groups - have been pandered to, is to win their election/council votes. And people are sadly falling for it. But I don't expect you to agree with this reply to your comment, Golda. This reply is to help raise awareness in my fellow men.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD. I love how super world leader is a totally comparable career to teddybear picnic organiser.

I'm laughing right now, but I'll probably cry later.
P.S. Mikey, you're blocked, so, yeah. Write all you want.
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Etsy gives scholarships to women to become programmers   Etsy gives scholarships to women to become programmers EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:45 am

I got in before Cyberwulf. What do I win?
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Etsy gives scholarships to women to become programmers   Etsy gives scholarships to women to become programmers EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:48 am

the asylum wrote:
I got in before Cyberwulf. What do I win?

A SCHOLARSHIP<3<3<3

... but not really. :>
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Etsy gives scholarships to women to become programmers   Etsy gives scholarships to women to become programmers EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:25 am

One of my male high school classmates got two scholarships that were for women. Why? Because he was the only one who applied. He also got a whole bunch of scholarships meant for either sex. The key, of course, was that he applied for them instead of whining about how unfair everything was.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Etsy gives scholarships to women to become programmers   Etsy gives scholarships to women to become programmers Empty

Back to top Go down

Etsy gives scholarships to women to become programmers
Page 1 of 1