Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!

Go down 
+14
Sheba
Mikey Go WOOGA
Spotts1701
Sakurelf
Chris91
rachel
Nihilist
Rabid Badger
Saleha
Exodia's Right Leg
Pierre Gringoire
grmblfjx
Notanoni
Owlish
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Owlish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Owlish

Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! Empty
PostSubject: Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!   Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 12:52 pm

Or maybe you do consider Rick Santorum one of the usual suspects, I don't know. Being that he is a fairly mainstream politician, and the fact that he's actually not at the bottom of the list (read: not the most insane) of potential Republican presidential nominees, makes these comments all the more disturbing. While chatting with two hate group leaders, Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council and Tim Wildmon of the American Family Association, Rick Santorum, former senator R-PA, had this to say regarding the financial meltdown:

Quote :
SANTORUM: Letting the family break down and in fact encouraging it and inciting more breakdown through this whole redefinition of marriage debate,

Yeah, allowing gay marriage causes straight people marriage to disintegrate! Even talking about gay marriage causes straight marriage to disintegrate! Oh noes I just broke up another family gaiz! Poor little Jane and Timmy will never have a normal life again because I had to go and mention teh gayness!11

Quote :
and not supporting strong nuclear families and not supporting and standing up for the dignity of human life. Those lead to a society that’s broken.

Hm, not supporting strong nuclear families...you mean like cutting food stamps for families who can't afford food, and cutting Medicaid and denying healthcare to children of poor parents, and hacking away at unions so parents can't even make living wages and have to spend all their time working to pay for things rather than spending time with their kids? Is that what you're referring to? Oh, you were still talking about gay marriage, nevermind...

Quote :
If you think that we can be a society that kills our own,

Like when a productive member of society is brutally murdered for the color of his skin, you are absolutely right that we can't function this way...oh wait, what's that? You're talking about killing fetuses? Uh...

Quote :
and that disregards the family and the important role it plays, and doesn’t teach moral values and the important role of faith in the public square, and then expect people to be good, decent and moral when they behave economically, if you look at the root cause of the economic problems that we’re dealing with on Wall Street and Main Street I might add, from 2008, they were huge moral failings. And you can’t say that we’re gonna take morality out of the public square, morality out of our schools, God out of our schools, and then expect people to behave decently in a country that requires, capitalism requires some strong modicum of moral consciousness if it’s gonna be successful.

Uh...what? Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! 203843 Capitalism requires moral consciousness? Rick buddy, I think there are plenty of high-profile economists who would disagree with that. Hell, I think the entire school of thought surrounding capitalism would disagree. The whole capitalism thing is about allowing the "invisible hand of the market" to do its work, and people responding rationally to market conditions. But then, what do I know, I'm just one of those godless immoral gays causing all of these problems, so how would I know anything?

Audio at ThinkProgress article here: Santorum: ‘Huge Moral Failings’ Are The ‘Root Cause’ Of Our Economic Problems
Back to top Go down
Notanoni
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Notanoni

PostSubject: Re: Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!   Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 1:06 pm

He is one of the usual suspects:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!   Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 1:47 pm

Yeah, he is.
Back to top Go down
Pierre Gringoire

PostSubject: Re: Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!   Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:02 pm

Rick Santorum is widely known for being a despicable shit with despicable views. Frankly, he was the first person I thought of when I saw the topic.
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!   Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:22 pm

Rick Santorum is not one of the usual suspects. Rather, THE usual suspect.
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!   Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:48 pm

I have to agree with everyone - Santorum is just as bugfuck insane as Michele Bachmann and Rick Perry. See for example his bizarre gay marriage analogy featuring napkins and paper towels, the fact that he'd rather risk the death of a pregnant woman than allow an abortion (never mind that if that went through, he'd have to prosecute HIS OWN WIFE first - such is bigotry!), or that he seems to have no fucking clue how climate change works (..."moisture in the air"? Sweetie, we're not talking about the heat index here...). The only reason you don't hear about his insanity so much anymore recently is because the media has been occupied with the neverending stream of idiocy coming out of Bachmann's mouth, and Perry's "little" prayer meeting (and the fact that he, along with Bachmann, may be one of the few people dumber than Dubya).
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!   Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:09 pm

They need to make up there mind. Is it the gays causing the economic meltdown, the women having abortions, or both? And didn't Santorum recently have a vasectomy? Doesn't that contribute to the downfall of the 'American Family (i.e., straight white couple with however many kids they can push out) as well? I mean, it's taking the decision of how many children you have out of God's hands.
Back to top Go down
Nihilist
Serial Troll
Serial Troll
Nihilist

PostSubject: Re: Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!   Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 12:29 am

let's just ignore the fact that the government did this to itself, what with complaining about how there are no jobs and how people should just get a job but all the jobs are off in other countries where they pay children five cents a day and they sure as hell won't bring jobs back to the states with minimum wage being upwards of seven bucks an hour. If Nikes sold for $80 a pair at that rate, then compare the wages, that's 14 times that amount so Nikes would cost a lot more. But then people won't buy them. I mean, we're probably sidewaysfucked either way so just hop on for the ride and hey, whatever, this is why I'll go into some industry that's always hiring (even though I might hate it) if selling dicks to people doesn't work
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!   Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 2:11 am

Saleha wrote:
The only reason you don't hear about his insanity so much anymore recently is because the media has been occupied with the neverending stream of idiocy coming out of Bachmann's mouth, and Perry's "little" prayer meeting (and the fact that he, along with Bachmann, may be one of the few people dumber than Dubya).
And the fact that he hasn't held office since 2007. (May he never hold one again.)
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!   Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 3:22 pm

Owlish wrote:
Santorum: ‘Huge Moral Failings’ Are The ‘Root Cause’ Of Our Economic Problems

Okay, I've heard some outlandlish economic theories before, but this one really takes the prize... Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! 724940
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!   Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 3:30 pm

Chris91 wrote:
Owlish wrote:

Okay, I've heard some outlandlish economic theories before, but this one really takes the prize... Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! 724940

Well, there's some truth to that.
But I think those "moral failings" are "STOP STEALING FROM POOR PEOPLE".
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!   Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:44 pm

Santorum's just pissed because Newt Gingrich beat him to the punch.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!   Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 6:52 pm

Quote :
Hm, not supporting strong nuclear families...you mean like cutting food stamps for families who can't afford food, and cutting Medicaid and denying healthcare to children of poor parents,

>Implying a strong family would need government handouts in the first place

You dun goofed.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!   Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 7:28 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Quote :
Hm, not supporting strong nuclear families...you mean like cutting food stamps for families who can't afford food, and cutting Medicaid and denying healthcare to children of poor parents,

You dun goofed.

My family was the traditional "strong nuclear family", and we were on WIC and Medicaid for a while after my Dad lost his job in the 80's. I've met numerous "strong nuclear families" who have had to rely on government assistance when the paycheck didn't cover everything, or one of the kids has a serious medical problem, etc.

So would you care to revise your statement?
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!   Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 10:46 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Quote :

You dun goofed.

My family was the traditional "strong nuclear family", and we were on WIC and Medicaid for a while after my Dad lost his job in the 80's. I've met numerous "strong nuclear families" who have had to rely on government assistance when the paycheck didn't cover everything, or one of the kids has a serious medical problem, etc.

So would you care to revise your statement?
Ah, Mikey: nothing bad ever happens to him or other deserving people. That, or his family supported themselves in hard times by eating old paint chips.

An ignore list can be a beautiful thing. I'm just saying.
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!   Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 12:18 am

Just for that, I'm gonna get two abortions! It's twice as nice!
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!   Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 10:47 am

Sheba wrote:
Just for that, I'm gonna get two abortions! It's twice as nice!

I'm going to become a lesbian and sacrifice a goat to my eternal master Lucifer.

And beat up a Girl Scout.
Back to top Go down
Notanoni
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Notanoni

PostSubject: Re: Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!   Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:13 pm

Sakurelf wrote:
Chris91 wrote:
Owlish wrote:

Well, there's some truth to that.
But I think those "moral failings" are "STOP STEALING FROM POOR PEOPLE".

Agreed.

Or, better yet, get various laws put back into place (such as those involving debt, banking, market capture, the media, labor unions, tariffs and so on) that used to keep most of the greedy rich people from stealing/cheating very much from poor people even when those rich people had the worst of morals.

Relying on the idea that people will be good and will morally self-police always fails. It leads to widespread instances of the powerful forcibly and unfairly extracting more money/labor/resources from the powerless.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!   Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 10:42 pm

It always boggles my mind that people can attempt to peg something like gay marriage, homosexuality, transpeople, abortions, or whatever the hell else as being harmful to straight, white, white-picket-fence-fantasy family ESPECIALLY THE CHILDREN...

When I grew up in an abusive family full of dysfunctionality.

Like. Instead of cockblocking LGBT people from being treated like human beings, maybe you could... I dunno... Get to work fixing real problems that affect children.
Back to top Go down
Nihilist
Serial Troll
Serial Troll
Nihilist

PostSubject: Re: Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!   Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 10:48 pm

Notanoni wrote:

Relying on the idea that people will be good and will morally self-police always fails. It leads to widespread instances of the powerful forcibly and unfairly extracting more money/labor/resources from the powerless.

Somebody is probably going to say I'm being very tasteless but I really miss that one user who complained about getting curtains in the mail from her neighbor after parading around her open-windowed home naked and argued for 20+ pages about how the fire/police department, paramedics, etc, should give help to people who pay the taxes for them already. True bleeding-heart libertarian; there are too few of them on the internet nowadays. Or here anyway. What's that word... privatization? Because poor people don't deserve it and should just be left to rot in their substandard housing (if they have any) that they could barely afford while meth labs explode around them? What about addressing why poverty and drug abuse go hand in hand?

Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!   Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 6:38 am

NIHL DON'T BE RIDICULOUS, TACKLING POVERTY WOULD MEAN LESS MONEY FOR THE GREEDY FATCATS AND TACKLING DRUG ABUSE WOULD MEAN LESS GRIST FOR THE PRISON MILLS
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!   Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 3:01 pm

Nihilist wrote:
that one user who complained about getting curtains in the mail from her neighbor after parading around her open-windowed home naked

A_Note_Chaotic. I knew immediately who you meant, too. That was a good story. ^_^

Funny thing is that I thought the same thing, recently. "Having law enforcement should be optional! Only those who want it should have to pay for it!" Man, good times.

But actually, I came here for this:

Saleha wrote:
Rick Perry

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

with the following commentary:

Quote :
There's nothing like a clever turn of phrase to make fun of a candidate whose supporters probably won't understand a clever turn of anything.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!   Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 4:14 pm

You gotta admit, the politicians are getting inventive with trying to steer all blame or responsibility away from themselves.

The recession is God's judgement!
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!   Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 5:56 pm

GUYS, I THINK GLUTTONY IS THE LEAST DEADLY SIN. I MEAN, IT'S JUST EATING, RIGHT?

They are all bad. From Arts-And-Humanities-Are-All-Frivolous Palin to Perry.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!   Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 7:11 pm

Sakurelf wrote:
GUYS, I THINK GLUTTONY IS THE LEAST DEADLY SIN. I MEAN, IT'S JUST EATING, RIGHT?

They are all bad. From Arts-And-Humanities-Are-All-Frivolous Palin to Perry.

Technically Gluttony isn't just about over-eating (of which there are many ways to do so), it's also about wasting food, and also with-holding it from those more needy, or frequently eating needlessly costly foods just out of Pride that you can. And in theory it's a sister-sin to Greed, which has the potential for a much wider range of damage.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!   Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown! Empty

Back to top Go down

Have an abortion lately? YOU caused the economic meltdown!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next