Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.

Go down 
+18
Lapin
Cyberwulf
Aggie
kleine_kat
Mr.Doobie
Penguin
fapfapfap
WD40
Salamas
The Alien from Uranus
Azzandra
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
CookieCatCat
Mikey Go WOOGA
bleachedblackcat
rae
TheIan
Jesus.
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW. Empty
PostSubject: Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.   Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW. EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 9:09 pm

Why. Just why. (more links to essentially the same article).

Quote :
LAS CRUCES, N.M. – A New Mexico woman has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for the death of her young daughter, who withered away from malnutrition and dehydration while the mother spent hours chatting and playing World of Warcraft online.

I think this speaks for itself on the rage-o-meter.

Quote :
Christie's ex-husband, U.S. Air Force Sgt. Derek Wulf, pleaded guilty to child neglect and will be sentenced June 15.

He was stationed at Holloman Air Force Base but was away on a nine-day assignment when the girl died. The newspaper reports he had expressed reservations about his wife's ability to take care of their child; her older daughter had already been placed with Christie's parents.

Did he really have NO ONE else who he could have called on? Really?

Quote :
At a sentencing hearing in mid-May before U.S. District Judge Robert Brack, Christie sobbed that she was sorry, the Sun-News reports.
"I'll never get to see her grown up. ... That weighs on my heart. That was my little girl," Christie said slowly, with difficulty, her shoulders hunched and the chains on her wrists shaking. "It was my responsibility to take care of her, and I failed her, and I'm sorry."

Oh, shut up.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.   Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW. EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:23 pm

Wow.

Just wow.

I play WoW and even I have priorities. Job comes first, maintain finances and house, play WoW when not starving.

That's just wrong.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.   Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW. EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:37 pm

The only reason that this is considered newsworthy is that it is WoW instead of crack/any drug. Addiction is addiction.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.   Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW. EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:45 pm

I feel bad for everyone involved, and I wonder how much was addiction and how much was depression on the mom's part.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.   Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW. EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 11:25 pm

^
>mother is useless
>blame postpartum depression with absolutely no evidence or reason to do so
>mfw

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
CookieCatCat

PostSubject: Re: Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.   Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW. EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 1:35 am

This, beyond the fact that it's now utter shit, had given me great incentive to quit WoW.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.   Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW. EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 6:21 am

I think the woman does sound sorry... but she also sounds very irresponsible.

I wondered why the child couldn't do anything and seeing her age, now I know.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.   Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW. EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 10:27 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
^
>mother is useless
>mfw

While I know agreeing with Mikey won't win me any points, this. We don't know that she had post-partum. Some people are just shitty parents, regrdless of any mental illness they may or may not be suffering of.
Back to top Go down
The Alien from Uranus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
The Alien from Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.   Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW. EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:02 pm

Dear God... 0.0

I can just see the kid walking up to her mother and going, "Mommy, I'm hungry," and then the sack of shit replies, "In a minute, sweetie, I'm not done slogging orcs."

And then the minute turns into an hour.

And then the hour turns into twelve. The incident has slipped her memory, but she certainly didn't forget the leftover pizza in the fridge, which she gets for herself and herself only. Lost in her own little world, she doesn't even realize that the child's in the house anymore. She just doesn't think about it.

Hungry, thirsty, and tired of waiting, the toddler falls asleep in another room. And stays there quietly asleep for hours. She wakes up to find her mother on the computer again playing games, and decides to wait until she's done before asking for food again.

And waits.

She passes out from hunger and dehydration in a spot outside of shitface's immediate line of sight, thus allowing her to forget again that there's another person in the house. And the kid stays there.

Until, finally, her little body gives out.

Bitch leveled her sorceress to 78, though.
Back to top Go down
CookieCatCat

PostSubject: Re: Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.   Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW. EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 10:27 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
I think the woman does sound sorry... but she also sounds very irresponsible.

I wondered why the child couldn't do anything and seeing her age, now I know.
Oh, yes - she's sorry now that she's going to prison for 2nd degree murder. Too bad Lard-Ass wasn't sorry before her kid died of dehydration.
Back to top Go down
Salamas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Salamas

PostSubject: Re: Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.   Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW. EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 10:33 pm

I'm a bit confused as to why the father is also getting sentenced? He was away when she died. Or is it because he knew his wife wasn't capable of taking care of the child and didn't do enough to have her removed when he was gone?

Quote :
And there appeared to be so little food that the child ate cat food

That is just heartbreaking. The cat seemed to get food, but she didn't?
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.   Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW. EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 12:56 am

Salamas wrote:
I'm a bit confused as to why the father is also getting sentenced? He was away when she died. Or is it because he knew his wife wasn't capable of taking care of the child and didn't do enough to have her removed when he was gone?

That's exactly it.

Quote :
He was stationed at Holloman Air Force Base but was away on a nine-day assignment when the girl died. The newspaper reports he had expressed reservations about his wife's ability to take care of their child; her older daughter had already been placed with Christie's parents.

Leaving the child in the care of someone incompetent is still neglect.
Back to top Go down
fapfapfap
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
fapfapfap

PostSubject: Re: Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.   Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW. EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 9:13 am

IRL Trainspotting.

Also, this one's worse, IMO (because it's nota hoax?): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The article itself is gone, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.   Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW. EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 10:08 am

I blame the WoWiarchy.
Back to top Go down
Salamas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Salamas

PostSubject: Re: Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.   Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW. EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 10:21 am

WD40 wrote:
Salamas wrote:

That's exactly it.

Quote :

Leaving the child in the care of someone incompetent is still neglect.

Okay, got it.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.   Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW. EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 12:47 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
^
>mother is useless
>mfw

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I wasn't blaming postpartum, I was just wondering if she'd had a history of depression. Some people can get so bad that they refuse to do anything to care for themselves or others.

Even if it was depression I'm not saying that she needs to be let off.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.   Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW. EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 1:33 pm

CookieCatCat wrote:
This, beyond the fact that it's now utter shit, had given me great incentive to quit WoW.

What WoW causes some wacko to do is clearly a reason to quit WoW.

That guy who killed John Lennon is one of the reasons I don't like The Catcher in the Rye.
Back to top Go down
kleine_kat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
kleine_kat

PostSubject: Re: Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.   Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW. EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 3:25 am

The Alien from Uranus wrote:
Dear God... 0.0

I can just see the kid walking up to her mother and going, "Mommy, I'm hungry," and then the sack of shit replies, "In a minute, sweetie, I'm not done slogging orcs."

And then the minute turns into an hour.

And then the hour turns into twelve. The incident has slipped her memory, but she certainly didn't forget the leftover pizza in the fridge, which she gets for herself and herself only. Lost in her own little world, she doesn't even realize that the child's in the house anymore. She just doesn't think about it.

Hungry, thirsty, and tired of waiting, the toddler falls asleep in another room. And stays there quietly asleep for hours. She wakes up to find her mother on the computer again playing games, and decides to wait until she's done before asking for food again.

And waits.

She passes out from hunger and dehydration in a spot outside of shitface's immediate line of sight, thus allowing her to forget again that there's another person in the house. And the kid stays there.

Until, finally, her little body gives out.

Bitch leveled her sorceress to 78, though.

While I appreciate this heartbreaking story you've just cooked up, you have no idea what happened, so this is pretty much glamour gloss woe.

Don't get me wrong, this woman failed as a mom on all front, but apparently the girl only gained 1,5 pound during the last year of her life and suffered from 'digestive problems and frequent diarrhea.'. Maybe because of the catfood, but maybe because of other causes. If you have diarrhea, you get dehydrated pretty fast, especially when you're this small. Also, the article mentions that the computer showed continuous activity for the 15 hours on the day the girl died. Presumably, the mother had similar activities the days before, but you can't find that out from the article.

What I mean to say is, yeah, tragic epic fail on the woman's part, but apparently the child had other physical problems as well. You don't know if the mom did feed herself but not the child. There is no mention of the physical nor the mental state of the mother. She was playing WoW AND chatted--maybe she spent 12 hours in a chatbox. People should really stop blaming WoW for the faults of the players.

The dad obviously came round on a regular basis and must have noticed that his daughter did not grow during the last year. The fact that she died during his absence and because of her mother's negligence is terrible, but spinning fantasy stories about how it happened doesn't add anything.

I'm not making excuses for the woman. The girl died because she wasn't responsible and she deserves punishment. But I can't imagine how terrible it must be to find out that because of something you may see as an innocent hobby, you murder your own child.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.   Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW. EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 6:24 am

I agree. Anti-games people are going to have a field day with this, despite not knowing how much time you really spend on the Internet.

It's like, "Was it 15 hours every day? Maybe. Maybe not."
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.   Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW. EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 7:39 pm

In their defense, Harley, this sort of thing is one of the problems with pay-to-play games: if you have to pay a monthly fee, people with a certain personality or mindset will feel that they need to play all the time in order to get the most bang for their buck. Before they've even noticed, they've been playing for 18 hours without a food break. This is fine if they're the only person they need to look after but a lot more tragic when they have dependents in the house.

This sort of thing is why I am quietly in favor of games like WoW instituting a mandatory break period after a certain length of time logged in (like 12 hours or so?).
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.   Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW. EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 7:48 pm

^
That's retarded, you're retarded.

There are better ways of anti-poopsocking. And even so, these sort of losers would just find another game to waste their lives on.

Or dick around on 4Chan.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.   Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW. EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:53 am

The trouble with messages popping up on your screen after, say, 12 hours of consecutive play is that they're FUCKING ANNOYING and people ignore them anyway.

I'm horrified that this happened, but 25 years? For a non-violent, unintentional death? The article is very vague on circumstances. The father was away for nine days but he'd placed their older daughter with their parents? Why hadn't the younger daughter been placed with the parents? Slipped under his radar, maybe? One would have thought she would be more important to put with care. Especially if the father genuinely thought his wife couldn't take care of her.

Seems to me that the father wasn't overly responsible about the children either, but I don't see him getting any time.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.   Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW. EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 10:21 am

They weren't married anymore, and TDYs (especially short ones like the 9-day one here) can crop up with very little warning. We don't have any other details on his level of involvement here. Divorce courts also heavily favor women, especially when it comes to custody in the US.

Also:

Quote :
Christie's ex-husband, U.S. Air Force Sgt. Derek Wulf, pleaded guilty to child neglect and will be sentenced June 15.

So it's not like he's getting off the hook, Harley.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.   Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW. EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 11:12 am

What I'm mainly saying is that the American penal system is messed up. She'd have gotten a similar sentance for going out with a gun and shooting a stranger dead in the street.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.   Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW. EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 11:17 am

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
What I'm mainly saying is that the American penal system is messed up. She'd have gotten a similar sentance for going out with a gun and shooting a stranger dead in the street.

She starved a child to death, Harley.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.   Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW. Empty

Back to top Go down

Woman lets daughter die while she plays WOW.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next