Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012

Go down 
+22
Adagio
Lapin
Penguin
TheHermit
the asylum
Mafiosa
karmyn31
Notanoni
rachel
WD40
Cactus Wren
Verandering
Rabid Badger
The Alien from Uranus
Spotts1701
Chris91
EileenK98
XLT-100852.0
TheHedonist
Cyberwulf
Lady Anne
zootie
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
zootie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
zootie

Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  Empty
PostSubject: Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012    Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 2:43 pm

Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  831506
With todays release of his official long form birth certificate the President is showing to the nation what utter chumps the Repugnicans are. It's the old strategy of giving an arrogant fool enough rope to hang himself. Back when he was Cassius Clay (Mohhamed Ali) coined the term rope-a-dope. Lean against the rope and take the hits from a stronger puncher and wait for him to wear himself out, then go in for the kill. The Repugs have been suckered in by Obama's talk of bipartisanship and his willingness to back away from conflict. As a result they have had no choice but to move farther and farther to the right to satisfy their looney tunes tea party bozos and their greedy billionaire corporate overseers. Just like the old mule joke, sometimes you have hit the American public right between the eyes to get their attention. Well the Repugs did that! With union stripping bills, voter registration suppression laws, abrogation of democratically elected city governments, and now the open attempt to destroy Medicare, the most popular and successful federal program ever created (Well, maybe after the GI bill and the Marshall plan). Now any American with a functioning brain knows full well what and who the Repugnican party stands for, and it isn't pretty,...it isnt AMERICAN! Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  556166

I admit I was discouraged by Obama's strategy and wondered if I had voted for the wrong person in the primary. And I even had questions about the President's long form and why he was hiding it, having had a bad experience when I tried to get a Passport with my short form certificate of live birth. But his Not While I'm President line in the sand speech a two weeks ago and now this release seems to confirm my assessment. The Repugs have been suckered into showing their ugly true face and alienating the American people and it's now time to smear the mat with their political blood. Tar and feathering them and riding them out of town on a rail might come back in fasion. I could be wrong but I think I'm gonna love the next year and a half. Trollface
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012    Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 3:05 pm

I agree with you on many points, but...why is this in News? Shouldn't it be in the Couch or something?
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
zootie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
zootie

PostSubject: Re: Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012    Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 3:17 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
I agree with you on many points, but...why is this in News? Shouldn't it be in the Couch or something?

You're joking of course. Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  203843

Anyway glad you agree.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012    Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:33 pm

Yeah, I'm sure all the caving to the Republicans while alienating his own base was all a Grand Plan to surprise everyone with his birth certificate.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012    Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You've either overestimated them or him, I'm not sure which.
Back to top Go down
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
XLT-100852.0

PostSubject: Re: Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012    Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:53 pm

Why does anybody believe that an illegal immigrate would get away away with running for a public office, let alone become president? It's the dumbest fucking thing ever.
Back to top Go down
zootie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
zootie

PostSubject: Re: Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012    Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:59 pm

I suppose we'll just have to see! If wackos want to believe the earth is flat, or the moon landing is fake, or Faux News is a real news agency I can't help them.

I'm still backing the, heh, Dark Horse candidate! So mote it be!
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012    Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 5:49 pm

Hopefully now Donald Trump will shut his stupid mouth. (Though I wouldn't bet on it.)
Back to top Go down
zootie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
zootie

PostSubject: Re: Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012    Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:07 pm

Actually I'd love for Dumbold Tramp to keep screaming, convincing more voters that the Repugnicans are NUTS. He has enough cash to buy the nomination. Then we can watch hilariously as the clown gets creamed in 2012. After all clowns are for laughs. I'll throw some popcorn his way.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012    Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:13 pm

I doubt he'll get nominated...Trump's gone so far off the rails at this point he's got Lyndon LaRouche saying "Jeez, this guy's a nutcase!"
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012    Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 7:56 pm

What a shock - birthers don't believe it.

"It would be a big mistake for everyone to jump to a conclusion now based on the release of this document, which raises as many questions as it answers." - Joseph Farah, Editor or WorldNetDaily. He's still advancing the position that Obama abandoned his U.S. Citizenship when his family relocated to Indonesia, or that he holds dual citizenship in both the U.S. and Kenya, and is thus still ineligible to be President.

"In those years ... when they wrote race, they were writing 'Negro' not 'African'. In those days nobody wrote African as a race, it just wasn't one of the options. It sounds like it would be written today, in the age of political correctness, and not in 1961 when they wrote white or Asian or 'Negro'." - Orly Taitz, notorious lawyer who continues to argue Obama isn't eligible because both his parents were not U.S. Citizens.

"Had the Obama administration agreed to allow the document unveiled today and other related documents as requested for discovery in Terry Lakin's first pre-trial hearing, the matter would have been resolved and soldiers assured their military orders were lawful, given by a lawful Commander-in-Chief. " - statement by The Terry Lakin Action fund, who is now demanding that the court-martialed Army doctor who refused to deploy claiming the President is not a citizen receive a full Presidential pardon, reinstatement into the Army and reimbursement for his lost pay and benefits.

He gave the mouse a cookie, and now the little bastard is demanding a glass of milk.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012    Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 8:26 pm

The thing to do, obviously, is compare it with other birth certificates of African-American babies born in Hawaii in 1961.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
The Alien from Uranus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
The Alien from Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012    Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:45 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
"In those years ... when they wrote race, they were writing 'Negro' not 'African'. In those days nobody wrote African as a race, it just wasn't one of the options. It sounds like it would be written today, in the age of political correctness, and not in 1961 when they wrote white or Asian or 'Negro'." - Orly Taitz, notorious lawyer who continues to argue Obama isn't eligible because both his parents were not U.S. Citizens.

Or maybe it's because his father is from Kenya,a country located on the continent of -- you guessed it! -- AFRICA.

Lady Anne wrote:
The thing to do, obviously, is compare it with other birth certificates of African-American babies born in Hawaii in 1961.

But, but! That requires logic and THINKING!
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012    Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 10:21 pm

Wait a minute-how ishis mother not an American citizen? She was born in frickin' KANSAS, and moved to Hawaii to go to the University there When did marrying someone from another country strip you of your American citizenship? Do Americans who go overseas to work for the Peace Corps or other charitable organizations automatically lose their American citizenship?

As for the wording, he was referred to as African-American because his father was from Africa. If his father had been a black American, he would have been referred to as Negro-American

I's seen a lot of lunatic fringe groups in my time, but the 'Birthers' are pretty much in a class of their own. Reminds me of the people who think the film of JFK's assassination was 'doctored,' despite the fact that it was being aired LIVE ON TV WHEN IT OCCURRED.
Back to top Go down
zootie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
zootie

PostSubject: Re: Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012    Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:29 pm

The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) is the law of the land. CFR-Title 8 says the following:

TITLE 8 > CHAPTER 12 > SUBCHAPTER III > Part I > § 1401
§ 1401. Nationals and citizens of United States at birth
The following shall be nationals and citizens of the United States at birth:

(a) a person born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof;

(b) a person born in the United States to a member of an Indian, Eskimo, Aleutian, or other aboriginal tribe: Provided, That the granting of citizenship under this subsection shall not in any manner impair or otherwise affect the right of such person to tribal or other property;

(c) a person born outside of the United States and its
outlying possessions of parents both of whom are citizens of the United
States and one of whom has had a residence in the United States or one
of its outlying possessions, prior to the birth of such person;
(d) a person born outside of the United States and its
outlying possessions of parents one of whom is a citizen of the United
States who has been physically present in the United States or one of
its outlying possessions for a continuous period of one year prior to
the birth of such person, and the other of whom is a national, but not a
citizen of the United States
(e) a person born in an outlying possession of the
United States of parents one of whom is a citizen of the United States
who has been physically present in the United States or one of its
outlying possessions for a continuous period of one year at any time
prior to the birth of such person;
(f) a person of unknown parentage found in the United
States while under the age of five years, until shown, prior to his
attaining the age of twenty-one years, not to have been born in the
United States;

(g) a person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than five years, at least two of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years: Provided, That any periods of honorable service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or periods of employment with the United States Government or with an international organization as that term is defined in section 288 of title 22 by such citizen parent, or any periods during which such citizen parent is physically present abroad as the dependent unmarried son or daughter and a member of the household of a person

(A) honorably serving with the Armed Forces of the United States, or

(B) employed by the United States Government or an international organization as defined in section 288 of title 22,may be included in order to satisfy the physical-presence requirement of this paragraph. This proviso shall be applicable to persons born on or after December 24, 1952, to the same extent as if it had become effective in its present form on that date; and
(h) a person born before noon (Eastern Standard Time) May 24, 1934, outside the limits and jurisdiction of the United States of an alien father and a mother who is a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, had resided in the United States.

The birthers try every manuever to avoid this basic federal law. And yes it is US law. Spouting crap about common law, Constitutional law, intent of the founding fathers, even denying that citizens at birth does not mean the same as natural born citizens. It's all bulls#^t! Either you accept the law of this country or you immigrate to crackerzonia where you can live with all the other dumb racists. Good riddance. Obama was born in Hawaii to a natural born American citizen. He's a natural born citizen. Game over.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012    Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 12:20 am

XLT-100852.0 wrote:
Why does anybody believe that an illegal immigrate would get away away with running for a public office, let alone become president? It's the dumbest fucking thing ever.

This.
Or that someone who is in any way not eligible for presidency. Somehow, I don't think any party looking for candidates would think to pick the guy who couldn't legally be a candidate.
Back to top Go down
zootie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
zootie

PostSubject: Re: Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012    Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 12:47 am

I'm making a correction to my above post just to kill any residual doubts . The citation comes from the U.S. Code (USC) not the code of Federal Regulations (CFR). That makes it even better because the USC IS law!

It may seem like a minor thing but I don't want to give a birther puke any wiggle room. Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  927788
Back to top Go down
Cactus Wren
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cactus Wren

PostSubject: Re: Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012    Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 3:42 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
Wait a minute-how ishis mother not an American citizen? She was born in frickin' KANSAS, and moved to Hawaii to go to the University there When did marrying someone from another country strip you of your American citizenship? Do Americans who go overseas to work for the Peace Corps or other charitable organizations automatically lose their American citizenship?
According to Orly Taitz, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] there's a difference between a "natural born citizen" and a "native born citizen", the first group being people whose parents were both themselves citizens, the second being those who had at least one non-citizen parent. (No such thing is even remotely suggested any where in the United States Constitution, but Taitz claims that such a thing is argued in the Law of Nations, and since the framers of the Constitution must surely have read that book, this must be what they meant even if they didn't actually write it down anywhere.

Yeah.

Orly Taitz claims that Barack Obama is a second-class citizen.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012    Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 4:33 am

EileenK98 wrote:
Hopefully now Donald Trump will shut his stupid mouth. (Though I wouldn't bet on it.)

Don't be daft.

Of course, he's taking credit for 'solving a problem'.

Personally I saw this coming a mile off. It didn't matter what Obama did, he's black, that's all that matters. He could provide documentary video evidence of his birth and birthers would claim it's a fucking hologram or some shit. They don't care where he was born, they have never cared where he was born, all they care about is the fact that he's black, he's 'other', he therefore can't be American, because white people are American. End of discussion.

Doing anything with conspiracy nuts like this is a no-win situation, a fucking Kobyashi-Maru of racist prats.
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012    Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 8:01 am

WD40 wrote:
Personally I saw this coming a mile off. It didn't matter what Obama did, he's black, that's all that matters.
That and his dad was a (possibly) Muslim foreigner.
Quote :
Doing anything with conspiracy nuts like this is a no-win situation, a fucking Kobyashi-Maru of racist prats.
I disagree; I think the sane citizens are about to get a prolonged in-your-face demo of how bug-nut gone the birfers really are. I doubt it's going to help the GOP.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012    Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 8:16 am

The Onion: Afterbirthers Demand to See Obama's Placenta
Back to top Go down
zootie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
zootie

PostSubject: Re: Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012    Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:28 am

[/quote] According to Orly Taitz, there's a difference between a "natural born citizen" and a "native born citizen", the first group being people whose parents were both themselves citizens, the second being those who had at least one non-citizen parent. (No such thing is even remotely suggested any where in the United States Constitution, but Taitz claims that such a thing is argued in the Law of Nations, and since the framers of the Constitution must surely have read that book, this must be what they meant even if they didn't actually write it down anywhere.
[/quote]

That's like saying a rock isn't a stone. Unlike physics where 1 kilogram plus 2 kilograms always equals 3 kilograms (except in black holes where physics breaks down), the law has a lot of gaps and ambiguities. That's what case law is for, to establish clarity. That idiotic definition would invalidate all of our presidents who were born before the country was created! Actually dimbulb Oilys reference lawyer buddies would even invalidate McCain because of where he was born. That would further invalidate other presidents who were born in places before they were officially parts of the US. I'll leave it to someone else to count up how many are left. The overwhelming majority of people and lawyers accept the 'citizen by birth' and 'natural born' as equivalent. If Oily Titz wants to successfully push a lawsuit through and gets a judgement contrary to that simple commonsense fact then she can come back and tell us about it. Until then the nasty stupid b#@ch can take her black hole and f*&k off! Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  611762 Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  61248
Back to top Go down
Notanoni
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Notanoni

PostSubject: Re: Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012    Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:48 am

Cactus Wren wrote:
According to Orly Taitz, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] there's a difference between a "natural born citizen" and a "native born citizen", the first group being people whose parents were both themselves citizens, the second being those who had at least one non-citizen parent. (No such thing is even remotely suggested any where in the United States Constitution, but Taitz claims that such a thing is argued in the Law of Nations, and since the framers of the Constitution must surely have read that book, this must be what they meant even if they didn't actually write it down anywhere.

I'd love to see the devotees of this idea have it come back to bite them in the ass.

For example, if one of their favored politicians were suddenly found to be illegitimate, and if the biological father were proven to not be a US citizen.

They would totally shit their pants.
Back to top Go down
Cactus Wren
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cactus Wren

PostSubject: Re: Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012    Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 1:44 pm

I sometimes wonder why the birthers are so fond of Joe Biden, that they want to see him assume the Presidency.

I really think they have some vague notion that if they can prove Obama is not and never was eligible to be POTUS, that will retroactively invalidate not only his Presidency but his candidacy: will make it that there was no Democratic nominee in 2008, which means John McCain ran unopposed and is now President.

(Hey, it makes no less sense than most of their other claims.)
Back to top Go down
zootie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
zootie

PostSubject: Re: Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012    Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 3:12 pm

Cactus Wren wrote:
I sometimes wonder why the birthers are so fond of Joe Biden, that they want to see him assume the Presidency.

I really think they have some vague notion that if they can prove Obama is not and never was eligible to be POTUS, that will retroactively invalidate not only his Presidency but his candidacy: will make it that there was no Democratic nominee in 2008, which means John McCain ran unopposed and is now President.

(Hey, it makes no less sense than most of their other claims.)

Ah, but by the same birther body of argument McCain is also inelegible. Sooooo....that leaves Sara Palin!

OHHHHHH,...the HORROR! Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  724940
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012    Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012  Empty

Back to top Go down

Obama plays Rope a Dope with Repugs - Knockout Punch in 2012
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next