Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Godawful Double Standards

Go down 
+9
Penguin
maladroit_mooncalf
fapfapfap
Rabid Badger
4shadowedice4
Chris91
Mikey Go WOOGA
rae
T.S.Orr
13 posters
AuthorMessage
T.S.Orr
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
T.S.Orr

Godawful Double Standards  Empty
PostSubject: Godawful Double Standards    Godawful Double Standards  EmptyWed May 04, 2011 8:49 pm

So while we had some down time at work today, there was an interesting question brought up that got me thinking of all the Godawful double standards in society. Now I'm a pretty liberal minded person but still some shit just has me shaking my head, like today. The question that was asked was this.

I a woman has her own stash of condoms is she a hoe, or is she protecting herself?

I was actually shocked at how many people, including some women at work, said that they would call her a hoe. When I asked for them to explain their reasoning I got some of the most ridiculous answers imaginable.

Because she must be sleeping around to have that many condoms.

Because only the man should have condoms.

Because it just isn't right.

What are some other Godawful double standards that you can think of?
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Godawful Double Standards    Godawful Double Standards  EmptyWed May 04, 2011 10:13 pm

If a woman dresses up, she a fake. If a woman doesn't dress up, she doesn't care about herself. If a man dresses up, he must want to look nice, and if he doesn't, it must be his day off.

At one point, in a class, a prof. asked us for some gender-based stereotypes. I pointed out that when a man makes a mistake, people say HE sucks. When a woman makes a mistake, suddenly this one chick stands for all women everywhere ever. Then I asked why men get to pass or fail on their own merits, but women don't. Some of the 'reasons' were spectacularly stupid.

One dude actually said, "Well, you're supposed to be better than usssss!" in a tone that said he was trying to win brownie points.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Godawful Double Standards    Godawful Double Standards  EmptyThu May 05, 2011 1:23 am

>No wankfest intended

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If women don't check in hockey, they still call it an Olympic sport and not a fucking disgrace and insult to the greatest winter sport of all time.

If women want to play the "forward tees," it's frowned upon to call them inferior hackers and I STILL have to give those inferior hackers strokes. Colbert

If a white guy can't read, he must be an inbred toothless redneck, if a black guy can't read, it's the white guy's fault. Godawful Double Standards  961878
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Godawful Double Standards    Godawful Double Standards  EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:02 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
>No wankfest intended

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If women don't check in hockey, they still call it an Olympic sport and not a fucking disgrace and insult to the greatest winter sport of all time.

You're just saying that because most of those women players could skate circles around your Rangers. Razz Godawful Double Standards  961878 The real disgraces to hockey are the Broadway Bungholes; they couldn't find the net with a GPS.

Face it, Mikey, THE RANGERS ARE A JOKE!!!
Back to top Go down
4shadowedice4
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
4shadowedice4

PostSubject: Re: Godawful Double Standards    Godawful Double Standards  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 6:27 pm

If a women dates someone 5+ years younger than her, she gets called a cougar or a cradle-robber. If guy dates someone 5+ years younger than him he gets called God's gift to women.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Godawful Double Standards    Godawful Double Standards  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 7:33 pm

The sexualization of girls at a younger and younger age (trust me, there isn't an eight-year-old girl in the world who needs a lacy bra, thong panties, and a pair of high heels). Fueled by the media, they're taught at an early age that the only thing they've got going for them is their body, so they'd best know how to use it.

If there's a similar thing occurring with young boys, someone enlighten me about it, because I've never seen jock-straps designed for five-year-old boys. I have, however, seen thong panties and bra sets designed for girls as young as three.
Back to top Go down
fapfapfap
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
fapfapfap

PostSubject: Re: Godawful Double Standards    Godawful Double Standards  EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 2:35 pm

Single mothers are sad and pitiable; single fathers are nothing less than heroes.

Four tits are socially acceptable; two dicks are not.

There are battered women shelters and no battered men shelters.

The cost of socially acceptable living for women is much higher than for men. (Compare the cost and quality of clothes, hygienic products, accessories, hair cuts, and the like-- especially when considering workplace standards.)
Back to top Go down
4shadowedice4
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
4shadowedice4

PostSubject: Re: Godawful Double Standards    Godawful Double Standards  EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 3:55 pm

fapfapfap wrote:
Single mothers are sad and pitiable; single fathers are nothing less than heroes.

Four tits are socially acceptable; two dicks are not.

There are battered women shelters and no battered men shelters.

The cost of socially acceptable living for women is much higher than for men. (Compare the cost and quality of clothes, hygienic products, accessories, hair cuts, and the like-- especially when considering workplace standards.)

You made a lot of good points. The third one was probably the best, so many people seem to think that only women can get beaten but men can't.

I think this is because women were considered the weaker sex for centuries ( and still are by quite a few people), while people have always thoughts, "If you have something between your legs, you can protect yourself."

It just goes to show how biased society is.
Back to top Go down
maladroit_mooncalf
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
maladroit_mooncalf

PostSubject: Re: Godawful Double Standards    Godawful Double Standards  EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 5:58 pm

4shadowedice4 wrote:
If a women dates someone 5+ years younger than her, she gets called a cougar or a cradle-robber. If guy dates someone 5+ years younger than him he gets called God's gift to women.

I think you may have this one a bit backwards, at least from my experience. Just look at what happens when a male teacher is molesting a female student, versus what happens the other way around. One way it's "that sick bastard pedo", the other way it's "whoo-hoo! lucky boy!" I've seen the same thing on gossip blogs, relating to consenting adults. An older female celeb with a younger male is apparently cause for celebrating and internet highfives for her, but if the older partner is male, he's clearly a sicko sugardaddy.
Back to top Go down
4shadowedice4
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
4shadowedice4

PostSubject: Re: Godawful Double Standards    Godawful Double Standards  EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 6:11 pm

maladroit_mooncalf wrote:
4shadowedice4 wrote:

I think you may have this one a bit backwards, at least from my experience. Just look at what happens when a male teacher is molesting a female student, versus what happens the other way around. One way it's "that sick bastard pedo", the other way it's "whoo-hoo! lucky boy!" I've seen the same thing on gossip blogs, relating to consenting adults. An older female celeb with a younger male is apparently cause for celebrating and internet highfives for her, but if the older partner is male, he's clearly a sicko sugardaddy.

I can see what you mean, and I do agree with you. Both genders get a bum rap when it comes to dating someone younger. I was seeing it mostly from a friends point-of-view since she generally dates younger men and that often leads to our co-workers talking smack behind her back.

What I meant was if a man dates someone younger than him is it (usually) embraced with open arms by his buddies. With women though, this often leads to people saying good job then talking hehind her back.

I might be wrong though, and if I am then just dismiss my comments as rambling Godawful Double Standards  832557
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Godawful Double Standards    Godawful Double Standards  EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Godawful Double Standards    Godawful Double Standards  EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 8:01 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
bra sets designed for girls as young as three.

...and what's supposed to go in it? scratch
Back to top Go down
4shadowedice4
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
4shadowedice4

PostSubject: Re: Godawful Double Standards    Godawful Double Standards  EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 8:37 am

grmblfjx wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:

Oh you didn't know? Humans have evolved so quickly that they've started hitting puberty when they're toddlers Godawful Double Standards  961878
Back to top Go down
fapfapfap
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
fapfapfap

PostSubject: Re: Godawful Double Standards    Godawful Double Standards  EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 8:54 am

4shadowedice4 wrote:
You made a lot of good points. The third one was probably the best, so many people seem to think that only women can get beaten but men can't.

I think this is because women were considered the weaker sex for centuries ( and still are by quite a few people), while people have always thoughts, "If you have something between your legs, you can protect yourself."

It just goes to show how biased society is.

I've been reading 'The Autonomy Myth', so there's lots of it on my mind.

grmblfjx wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:

Padding. B|
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Godawful Double Standards    Godawful Double Standards  EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 9:29 pm

4shadowedice4 wrote:

Five years? Seventy-year-old men with thirty-year-old wives, no one bats an eyelash. When was the last time you saw a seventy-year-old woman with a thirty-year-old husband?
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Godawful Double Standards    Godawful Double Standards  EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 6:27 am

Demi Moore?
Back to top Go down
Lurv
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lurv

PostSubject: Re: Godawful Double Standards    Godawful Double Standards  EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 2:32 pm

Penguin wrote:
Cracked is so depressing sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Godawful Double Standards    Godawful Double Standards  EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 6:20 pm

Lurv wrote:
Penguin wrote:

Cracked is so depressing sometimes.

Quote :
#3 Marry and ugly, stupid man

Ladies. Cool Dongs

Quote :
Back in caveman days, men were biologically pre-wired for spreading their juice around. Women, on the other hand, were more likely to put their heart, soul and brains into preserving the marriage bond, so she'd need her wits to keep her male whore husband from running off with the trollop from the cave next door.

AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

ON TOPIC:

When a woman barfs in the morning and has sore knees and ankles, she bitches for a handicapped parking spot.

When a Man (capitalized for obvious superiority) barfs in the morning and has sore knees and ankles, he's an alcoholic who sucks at basketball. Colbert

OR, when a woman lobs weak passes and makes every other layup, she gets a full ride.

When a man does it, he's the 50th best player in the college's community gym that Tuesday morning. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Dharma

Dharma

PostSubject: Re: Godawful Double Standards    Godawful Double Standards  EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:39 am

rae wrote:
If a woman dresses up, she a fake. If a woman doesn't dress up, she doesn't care about herself. If a man dresses up, he must want to look nice, and if he doesn't, it must be his day off.

At one point, in a class, a prof. asked us for some gender-based stereotypes. I pointed out that when a man makes a mistake, people say HE sucks. When a woman makes a mistake, suddenly this one chick stands for all women everywhere ever. Then I asked why men get to pass or fail on their own merits, but women don't. Some of the 'reasons' were spectacularly stupid.

One dude actually said, "Well, you're supposed to be better than usssss!" in a tone that said he was trying to win brownie points.

thats what stupid about the counter stereotype of movies showing women as infallible and emasculating and beating up men. It makes men resent women and hold them to too high standards. They should be allowed to be flawed as any human.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Godawful Double Standards    Godawful Double Standards  EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 10:17 am

The problem is that a lot of people can't agree on which stereotypical traits are desirable.
Back to top Go down
fapfapfap
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
fapfapfap

PostSubject: Re: Godawful Double Standards    Godawful Double Standards  EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:40 pm

Penguin wrote:
The problem is that a lot of people can't agree on which stereotypical traits are desirable.

I've come to the conclusion is that there are none and there's no use in trying to navigate the minefield-- you get into your Abrams and go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Godawful Double Standards    Godawful Double Standards  Empty

Back to top Go down

Godawful Double Standards
Page 1 of 1