Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail

Go down 
+15
bleachedblackcat
Spotts1701
Notanoni
Mugg
knightwithoutacause
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Sakurelf
John Marston
Cyberwulf
TheHedonist
Penguin
Chris91
Electron Blue
Exodia's Right Leg
Mr.Doobie
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 5:47 pm

Oh. Yeah. I didn't mean to incite that phenomenon, I just meant to reinforce the whole concept of what "rape culture" means (even though it was explained already). There is a culture about rape and it yadda yadda yadda ok.

I haven't been on WGW in ages! I need to blather on!
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 6:03 pm

Verandering wrote:
Oh. Yeah. I didn't mean to incite that phenomenon, I just meant to reinforce the whole concept of what "rape culture" means (even though it was explained already). There is a culture about rape and it yadda yadda yadda ok.

I haven't been on WGW in ages! I need to blather on!
Needed to be said.

Anyway, bleachedblackcat and others who don't understand rape culture: here's a primer.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 6:03 pm

Quote :
Also, I think that sometimes people do stupid stuff that gets them hurt or raped. Do they deserve it? Not at all. But sometimes you need to not do something just to be safe, such as don’t leave your drink unattended because there ARE people in the world who will want to hurt you.

I agree with this to some degree. Some people do very stupid things in risky situations, possibly involving far too much drink, and they get raped because there are evil people in the world who will take advantage of this opportunity.

But back to the judge, does that make it any less 'rape'? No. The act of rape is taking somebody sexually without their permission. With variations as per country and state, of course. Does wearing fancy clothes make it not rape? Does going to a bad neighbourhood make it less rape? Does being too drunk to fight back make it not rape? Fuck no.

Nobody asks for to be raped. That's part of what makes it rape in the first place.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
maladroit_mooncalf
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
maladroit_mooncalf

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 6:14 pm

Verandering wrote:
Oh. Yeah. I didn't mean to incite that phenomenon

Oh, no, I didn't particularly think you did. It's just that the victim blame thing seems to happen less with men. I know a man who was raped by a woman, though no one calls it that. Basically, the attitude I've largely seen towards male rape victims is that it can't possibly happen because men always want sex, or it did happen because that chick was desperate/ugly/unable to get laid for whatever reason. Women on the other hand, are always somehow at fault.

...I'm probably not getting this across very well, am I?
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 6:50 pm

Bleachedblackcat, don't be a moron. It isn't as simple as telling people 'don't be evil'. By saying that, you've demonstrated that you think rapist = scary stranger and nothing else. That's not true, and that's why telling women not to go anywhere alone or to carry a gun at all times is worse than useless. A certain proportion of men and boys still think it's acceptable to cajole and pester women into sex, to just go ahead without asking because 'the signals' were there, who become extremely irate when women dance, flirt, accept drinks from them and then don't immediately fuck them, who think it's fine to fuck a drunk person etc. That's what we need to change. We can't do much about sadists and psychopaths, but we can do a lot about myths and entitlement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3