Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail

Go down 
+15
bleachedblackcat
Spotts1701
Notanoni
Mugg
knightwithoutacause
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Sakurelf
John Marston
Cyberwulf
TheHedonist
Penguin
Chris91
Electron Blue
Exodia's Right Leg
Mr.Doobie
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail Empty
PostSubject: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 10:33 am

link.

Quote :

He called Rhodes a "clumsy Don Juan" who may have misunderstood what the woman wanted when he forced intercourse along a darkened highway outside Thompson in 2006.

Yeah, he may have raped her, but it was all just one big misunderstanding. Poor guy. It's just so hard for a modern Don Juan!

Quote :
Rhodes and a friend met the woman and her girlfriend earlier that night outside a bar under what the judge called "inviting circumstances." Dewar specifically noted the women were wearing tube tops with no bra, high heels and plenty of makeup.

Yeah, we all know the drill. Short skirts and tube tops are magical artifacts that hypnotize men and turn them into sex-crazed animals, in total thrall to the wild passions of the human id.

Quote :
"They made their intentions publicly known that they wanted to party," said Dewar.

Yes, they wanted to party. Party does not mean have sex. And it definitely doesn't mean rape me please!

Quote :
"I wasn't dressed like a skank. I was like 20 years old, wearing a tube top. It was summer," said the victim, who cannot be identified as she is the victim of a sexual assault.

Even if you would've been, THAT STILL WOULDN'T HAVE GIVEN HIM AN EXCUSE TO RAPE YOU!

Quote :
"This is a different case than one where there is no perceived invitation," said Dewar. "This is a case of misunderstood signals and inconsiderate behaviour." Dewar said he didn't want to be seen as blaming the victim but all of the factors surrounding the case must be viewed to assess "moral blameworthiness."

JESUS FUCK! HE RAPED HER! THIS ISN'T SOME BIG, WACKY, SITCOM MISUNDERSTANDING! HE'S A RAPIST AND BELONGS BEHIND BARS!
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 1:21 pm

Fuck that noise. That kind of shit makes us normal men look stupid.
Back to top Go down
Electron Blue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Electron Blue

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 1:50 pm

What is there to say but uuuuuuuuugggggghhhhhhh?
I just love how it's confirmed every fucking day that we live in a rape culture that devalues women's opinions and exp- oh fuck it, I'm tired of even saying it. It's just so fucking obvious at this point.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:14 pm

Electron Blue wrote:

How about this: that knucklehead judge deserves to be impeached and disbarred.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:56 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
THIS ISN'T SOME BIG, WACKY, SITCOM MISUNDERSTANDING! HE'S A RAPIST AND BELONGS BEHIND BARS!

Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 6:12 pm

Electron Blue wrote:

With you so far!

Electron Blue wrote:
I just love how it's confirmed every fucking day that we live in a rape culture that devalues women's opinions and exp-

The actions of a single judge reflect the attitudes and opinions of an entire culture? Right. Of course.

I find it funny that a train of thought that focuses on getting the blame off of the culture and onto the rapists is so ready to get the blame onto the culture and off of the judge. It's the judge's fault that justice wasn't served, that that woman's opinion and experience was devalued. Blaming the surrounding society and culture takes the blame off of him and what's worse, off of the rapist. The judge did a shitty thing and deserves to be disbarred and the rapist did a shitty thing and belongs in jail.
Back to top Go down
Electron Blue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Electron Blue

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 6:39 pm

TheHedonist wrote:
Electron Blue wrote:

With you so far!

Electron Blue wrote:
I just love how it's confirmed every fucking day that we live in a rape culture that devalues women's opinions and exp-

The actions of a single judge reflect the attitudes and opinions of an entire culture? Right. Of course.

They certainly do when it seems like I hear this story every other day. Of course I blame the judge and the rapist first, but there does seem to be a trend, which I am allowed to comment on.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 7:32 pm

Electron Blue wrote:
They certainly do when it seems like I hear this story every other day. Of course I blame the judge and the rapist first, but there does seem to be a trend, which I am allowed to comment on.

The whole rape-culture thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth for the reasons I mentioned. But I'll admit I was a bit bitchier than strictly necessary in my phrasing, so sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
Electron Blue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Electron Blue

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:44 pm

TheHedonist wrote:
Electron Blue wrote:

The whole rape-culture thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth for the reasons I mentioned. But I'll admit I was a bit bitchier than strictly necessary in my phrasing, so sorry about that.
The argument is not that the people are not at fault for their actions, merely that they represent the extremes of a culture that is constantly doing these sorts of things at a lower level i.e. "Sexual harassment isn't real"/the general ignorance about consent issues/rape jokes/ etc. Don't mistake the larger social commentary as excusing these actions - people crying rape culture like me are taking it as granted that the perpetrators are responsible first and foremost, and are more interested in discussing wider social issues.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:47 pm

AHAHAHA I KNEW SOMEONE WOULD BREEZE IN HERE WITH "OMG THIS IS TOTES AN ISOLATED INCIDENT RAPE CULTURE ISN'T REEEEEEEEL"

while ignoring the fact that the judge's reasons for declaring "oh the poor man he didn't meeeeeeen it" are all too fucking common and are indicative of a more prevalent attitude within our society

BUT NEVER MIND

REMEMBER WOMEN IF YOU'RE RAPED GO TO THE POLICE, YOU'LL GET JUSTICE
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:42 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
AHAHAHA I KNEW SOMEONE WOULD BREEZE IN HERE WITH "OMG THIS IS TOTES AN ISOLATED INCIDENT

Never said this.

Cyberwulf wrote:
RAPE CULTURE ISN'T REEEEEEEEL" while ignoring the fact that the judge's reasons for declaring "oh the poor man he didn't meeeeeeen it" are all too fucking common and are indicative of a more prevalent attitude within our society

Because some people hold an opinion it reflects the opinions and views of an entire society? No. That's like saying because the Neo-Nazi movement exists we're all Neo-Nazis. I'm not denying that misogyny exists or that the rapist or the judge was a misogynist, I'm saying that just because this happened doesn't mean it's the normal viewpoint of society.

BUT NEVER MIND

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Cyberwulf wrote:
REMEMBER WOMEN IF YOU'RE RAPED GO TO THE POLICE, YOU'LL GET JUSTICE

Yes no of course stay home and don't try. That's justice too I guess.

Edit: LOVE how you ignored my point about the idea of rape culture taking the blame off of the judges.
Back to top Go down
John Marston

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 10:28 pm

Yep, that's pretty much what she does.
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 11:35 pm

TheHedonist wrote:

Edit: LOVE how you ignored my point about the idea of rape culture taking the blame off of the judges.

It seems like you're putting the cart before the horse here.

Nobody is saying the judge did it because we live in a rape culture.
They're saying we live in a rape culture because the judge did it.

In other words, this is not the only case of judges being sexist assholes. Multiple judges all doing the same behaviour = a culture that seems to be skewed a certain way. (At least, with the way articles are witten and posted here. I'm sure many rapists are given years or life in jail, or even innocent men convicted by an overzealous prosecution. But we like to post rape articles here because it upsets us.
Back to top Go down
Electron Blue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Electron Blue

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 1:24 am

Sakurelf wrote:
TheHedonist wrote:

It seems like you're putting the cart before the horse here.

Nobody is saying the judge did it because we live in a rape culture.
They're saying we live in a rape culture because the judge did it.

In other words, this is not the only case of judges being sexist assholes. Multiple judges all doing the same behaviour = a culture that seems to be skewed a certain way. (At least, with the way articles are witten and posted here. I'm sure many rapists are given years or life in jail, or even innocent men convicted by an overzealous prosecution. But we like to post rape articles here because it upsets us.
See, this is exactly what I was saying.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:51 am

Is this where I "hurrrrr I started wank Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail 961878 "?

Fuck, if I didn't expect wank when I put this article up, I would have had to be the noobiest noob that has ever noobed from Noobtown Noob.S.A.

TheHedonist wrote:
Because some people hold an opinion it reflects the opinions and views of an entire society? No. That's like saying because the Neo-Nazi movement exists we're all Neo-Nazis. I'm not denying that misogyny exists or that the rapist or the judge was a misogynist, I'm saying that just because this happened doesn't mean it's the normal viewpoint of society.

Yet the views of the judge are views widely held by society. Victim-blaming is rampant across the nation, and there is a prevailing belief that a woman can be "asking for it" by wearing high heels, a skirt, and a tube top. Or, that if a woman starts making out with a man, or sucking his dick, then she's given him permission to go all the way. Both of these statements are wrong, and both of these statements weren't only repeated by the judge, but by society as a whole. How often do you hear people talking about a girl who was "asking for it"?
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 12:21 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
How often do you hear people talking about a girl who was "asking for it"?
Or more commonly, "Oh, well, it was a terrible thing that happened, but this is exactly why you don't [do some action the victim did], she kinda had it coming."
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 12:45 pm

Don't you just love it when a judge decides that it's not rape because she was dressed up for a night out?
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 12:51 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Yet the views of the judge are views widely held by society. Victim-blaming is rampant across the nation, and there is a prevailing belief that a woman can be "asking for it" by wearing high heels, a skirt, and a tube top. Or, that if a woman starts making out with a man, or sucking his dick, then she's given him permission to go all the way. Both of these statements are wrong, and both of these statements weren't only repeated by the judge, but by society as a whole. How often do you hear people talking about a girl who was "asking for it"?

I think what I disagree with here is your use of the word 'widely'. I have heard those things and they are terrible, but I don't hear them often and more often than not I hear them with the appropriate disdain attached (disdain for the sort of people who think that way, not the sort of women who dress that way). Also:

Quote :
both of these statements weren't only repeated by the judge, but by society as a whole.

...how is that possible? I think the fact that there's a news report giving this woman's (completely justified) outrage some attention speaks volumes as to the fact that society on the whole does not accept this sort of behavior, from the rapist or the judge. Most judges are old, possibly chauvinistic white men, but most of society is not, I guess is my point. I don't disagree with anything you're saying except the frequency you claim it occurs.
Back to top Go down
knightwithoutacause
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
knightwithoutacause

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 5:56 pm

It depends on one's location, I suppose. I happen to live in an area where I was taught from a young age that dressing in anything revealing was 'asking for trouble'. As I grew older, I learned to rail against this kind of thought. Unfortunately, it seems that those around me haven't changed from their stance that 'boys will be boys' and girls must act and dress a certain way to avoid trouble. When I have called people, including my own family, on this particular double standard, they have told me that if I didn't like it then I should move. On one hand, I don't think moving will solve any of the inherent problems here. On the other hand, I'm not sure how to help facilitate change.
Back to top Go down
Mugg

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:11 pm

Would we still be going on about rape culture if it was a woman rapist and a male victim? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
Electron Blue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Electron Blue

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:19 pm

Mugg wrote:
Would we still be going on about rape culture if it was a woman rapist and a male victim? Just curious.
Yes, because the reasoning would be something along the lines of "you can't rape a man, because he always wants sex" - which is another facet of rape culture.
Back to top Go down
Mugg

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:25 pm

Electron Blue wrote:
Mugg wrote:
Yes, because the reasoning would be something along the lines of "you can't rape a man, because he always wants sex" - which is another facet of rape culture.

That's good to know. Simply asking, since it seems to be common in the News forum to post up the rape stories that makes it easy vilify men and victimize women, as a whole. Not that the guy in this article shouldn't be in jail; he should, for obvious reasons, and the judge needs to have actions taken against him, too.

I just don't agree with lumping the whole populace under a rape culture, if the reverse of evil man versus good woman wasn't equally discussed, debated, or wanked over.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:28 pm

Mugg wrote:
Electron Blue wrote:
Mugg wrote:

That's good to know. Simply asking, since it seems to be common in the News forum to post up the rape stories that makes it easy vilify men and victimize women, as a whole. Not that the guy in this article shouldn't be in jail; he should, for obvious reasons, and the judge needs to have actions taken against him, too.

I just don't agree with lumping the whole populace under a rape culture, if the reverse of evil man versus good woman wasn't equally discussed, debated, or wanked over.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE POOR WIDDLE MEN GAIZ!!?!?!?!?!?!?

WHAT ABOUT THEIR NEEDS!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!? Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail 309696
Back to top Go down
Mugg

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:32 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Mugg wrote:
Electron Blue wrote:
Mugg wrote:

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE POOR WIDDLE MEN GAIZ!!?!?!?!?!?!?

WHAT ABOUT THEIR NEEDS!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!? Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail 309696

OH RITE, CAUSE MEN NEVAR GET RAPED OR SEXUALLY ASSAULTED!!!!!!

THOSE HORNY FUCKERS JUST ALWAYS WANT TO GET LAID!!!!! DAMN TESTOSTERONE!!!!!!!

Way to demolish rape culture for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:36 pm

No, seriously guys.

Enough about women, let's talk about men.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail   Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail Empty

Back to top Go down

Judge Keeps Rapist out of Jail
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next