Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!

Go down 
+26
Chaltab
Cyberwulf
TheHedonist
Rabid Badger
Blooferlady
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Majin Gojira
Chris91
Lapin
Drabbler
Adagio
Trioculus
Verandering
Malganis
ZoZo
Jay/Cris
Mikey Go WOOGA
Mafiosa
Dick Powers
InkWeaver
Jesus.
Reepicheep-chan
Miss Prince
Lady Anne
Psy-4
Spotts1701
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail! Empty
PostSubject: If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!   If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:32 pm

Link

Quote :
A district attorney is telling Juneau County schools to abandon their sex education courses, saying a new curriculum law could lead to criminal charges against teachers for contributing to the delinquency of minors.

Starting in the fall, the new law requires schools that have sex education programs to tell students how to use condoms and other contraceptives. Juneau County District Attorney Scott Southworth said such education encourages sex among children, which is illegal, and could lead to charges against teachers.

The new law "promotes the sexualization - and sexual assault - of our children," Southworth wrote in a March 24 letter to officials in five school districts. He urged the districts to suspend their sex education programs and transfer their curriculum on anatomy to a science course.

"Forcing our schools to instruct children on how to utilize contraceptives encourages our children to engage in sexual behavior, whether as a victim or an offender," he wrote. "It is akin to teaching children about alcohol use, then instructing them on how to make mixed alcoholic drinks."

Wow - can you spot the logical fallacy in this statement kids? I'm sure you can, and I will give an internet cookie to the one who gets it right.

Quote :
He disputed claims by Roys and Grigsby that he was inciting fear in teachers or trying to promote his political views, saying he had an ethical obligation to tell districts his interpretation of the law.

"If I'd wanted to be ideological, I would have said in the letter you shouldn't have sex before marriage because that's the Christian perspective. I'm an evangelical," Southworth said.

It just so happens his interpretation of the law also parallels his religious convictions. OKAY THEN!
Back to top Go down
Psy-4
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

PostSubject: Re: If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!   If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:37 pm

Fallacy by Analogy?
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!   If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:41 pm

What else can we expect out of Alaska? I mean, this is the state that elected Sarah Palin governor.

Seriously, Juneau County, part of sex ed. is teaching kids how to protect themselves against disease and pregnancy. Not teaching them won't stop them from having sex--it'll just result in more pregnancies and more cases of sexually transmitted diseases than would otherwise have happened.

Abstinence only does not work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!   If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:45 pm

Yeah, the most apt comparison I can come up with is teaching kids not to drink and drive. Because if you teach them that it's a bad idea to drive while drunk that totally implies that you condone them getting drunk. Duh.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!   If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:46 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
What else can we expect out of Alaska? I mean, this is the state that elected Sarah Palin governor.

Not Alaska - Juneau County is in Wisconsin.

Oh, and Psy gets the cookie.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!   If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:48 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:

Not Alaska - Juneau County is in Wisconsin.

Oh, and Psy gets the cookie.
My bad. Nevertheless...abstinence only does not work, and treating sex like something dangerous and forbidden just makes it more attractive.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!   If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:49 pm

Oh, ick. I hate abstinence-only education on, like, every level.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!   If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:53 pm

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Oh, ick. I hate abstinence-only education on, like, every level.
Not only does it not work, but it also contributes to badfic.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!   If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:56 pm

My sex ed was crap. I flipped ahead in a textbook. That was it. We wouldn't have even touched on what sex was, the diseases, etc in the health class curriculum. Which by the way, is how I learned what sex was. Trufax.

And this is coming from Youngen's Sexinville.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!   If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 11:18 pm

HEY THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA

ONE THAT WORKS ACCORDING TO ALL STATISTICS ABOUT IT

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Come on, people, fucking SERIOUSLY. This isn't even a goddamn subjective issue. Abstinence only sex education DOES. NOT. WORK. Ultimately, teenagers aren't going to stop having sex, and these people are just promoting unwanted pregnancy and the spread of diseases!

YIPPEE! WHO LIKES CHLAMYDIA!
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!   If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 11:29 pm

Can we sell Alaska to the Russians, please?
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!   If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 11:32 pm

Dick Powers wrote:

walloffacepalms.png
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!   If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 11:42 pm

Dick Powers wrote:

Welcome to six posts ago.

Idiot.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!   If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 11:47 pm

Reading is for women and girly men. Which one are you? Colbert

We really should sell Alaska to the Russians, however.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!   If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail! EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:18 am

Dear Wisconsin,

Please stop trying to out stupid Florida.

Signed,
The Rest of the Country
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!   If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail! EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:33 am

Nihilist wrote:
Dick Powers wrote:
Reading is for women and girly men. Which one are you? Colbert

For fuck's sake, not again.

It´s funny ´cause it´s not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!   If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail! EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 3:05 am

Rage building. [insert mouth-frothing rant about EVIDEEEEEEENCE here]

Maybe they'll realise they fucked up when they become the clap capital of the USA.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!   If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail! EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 4:23 am

Quote :
The new law "promotes the sexualization - and sexual assault - of our children," Southworth wrote in a March 24 letter to officials in five school districts. He urged the districts to suspend their sex education programs and transfer their curriculum on anatomy to a science course.

Because they're all totally not furiously jerking off or learning to do so already.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!   If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail! EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:40 am

Quote :
Forcing our schools to instruct children on how to utilize contraceptives encourages our children to engage in sexual behavior

No, it encourages teenagers to engage in safe sexual behaviour.

Quote :
Reading is for women and girly men.
Exkyuuuz me, I prefer androgynous men, there be no need to turn an entire group of individuals (girls) into something derogatory.
Back to top Go down
Trioculus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Trioculus

PostSubject: Re: If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!   If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail! EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:49 am

Well, we gotta remember, in Fundie-World, only evil people who hate Jesus don't want to have babies, and being married (heterosexual only) somehow makes you immune to STDs. So only sluts, whores, and fags are out having the kind of sex that would result in an unwanted pregnancy* or an STD; thus, getting the Clap or AIDS is your just punishment from God for fornicating.

*--Technical disclaimer: homosexual sex only ends in pregnancy in badfics. Just wanted to make sure nobody finds this generalization too broad. Because water is composed of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Adagio
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Adagio

PostSubject: Re: If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!   If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail! EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:05 am

Spotts1701 wrote:

Quote :
"Forcing our schools to instruct children on how to utilize contraceptives encourages our children to engage in sexual behavior, whether as a victim or an offender," he wrote.

This—this—

ARGH.

Because of course sexual acts can never, ever be consensual. Sure, he's talking about children, but still, the way he assumes that THERE ARE ONLY THESE OPTIONS enrages me beyond belief. Adagio mad! Adagio smash!
Back to top Go down
Drabbler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Drabbler

PostSubject: Re: If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!   If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail! EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:08 am

Forget the issues of sex ed and what works or doesn't for a moment. The state has passed a law telling schools they must specifically do something. A county DA is telling them that if they comply with the state law, he will have them brought up on charges for violating his interpretation of another state law. Wouldn't that be some form of prosecutorial misconduct?
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!   If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail! EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:10 am

I really love how he keeps using the term "children" to get people all riled up. These are technically kids, but they're actually about 14-17. Teenagers having sex is unhappy-making for parents, but a lot of them are mentally preparing themselves for the inevitable.

However, when you throw around the term "children", people think 5-12 and then "OMG!Pedophiles! Only pedophiles would want our children to know about condoms!"

Very nice manipulation on the DA's part.
Back to top Go down
Adagio
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Adagio

PostSubject: Re: If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!   If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail! EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:14 am

oh wait he's talking about fourteen- to seventeen-year-olds

Never mind, I retract the children part of my earlier comment. What a manipulative dick.

(And let's just hope it counts as prosecutorial misconduct and that guy's booted out of office.

... Naïve? Who, me?)
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!   If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail! EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:15 am

Lady Anne wrote:
What else can we expect out of Alaska?

Actually, the Juneau County the story's referring to is in Wisconsin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!   If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail! Empty

Back to top Go down

If you teach about condoms, you might go to jail!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next