Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"In Love with the metal man"

Go down 
+4
Reepicheep-chan
Alhazred
Maximilia
Happenstance
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Happenstance
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Happenstance

"In Love with the metal man" Empty
PostSubject: "In Love with the metal man"   "In Love with the metal man" EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 3:23 am

In Love with the metal man

Okay, so this is an X-men fic. I have to admit I'm not a "good" X-men fan because I've seen all the movies but have only read a few volumes of the comics. So don't hurt me if my knowledge of canon lapses occasionally, but I think even people who haven't seen X-men know more about the fandom than this author.

Why waste time with an introduction when you can get straight to…whatever this is?

Quote :
"I am Chares Xavier, this is Ourrora. You have some amazing talents young lady, you already have control over them but if you come with me, we will teach you the endless possibilities of your talents.

“You really don’t need any tutoring, since you already have perfect ‘control’ of you abilities, but what the hell. It’s not like we have anything better to do.”

Quote :
We will also prevent another event like this doesn't happen" he glanced around the room I was curled up in. What was left of the walls were still smoking and mouldy smell had become so familiar to me in these past few weeks had become pungent.

…Those walls have been smoking for three weeks?

Quote :
The old man standing well he was in a wheelchair looked intelligent.

Yeah, the first thing most people think of when they see Professor X is “hey, that guy looks pretty intelligent, I guess”.

Quote :
His friend was much younger with white hair.

There was nothing else remarkable about this person at all.

Quote :
"So what, you just walk into what is left of my home and expect me to come with you, to 'control myself'

Wait, so she can control herself, but she blew up her house by accident? Something’s not right here.

Quote :
I don't know whether you are blind or something but in case you are .the place that I grew up in, my home has been destroyed, why because of me."I growled, how dare he

How dare he suggest you learn to actually control yourself so it doesn’t happen again? Geez, he just wants to help.

Quote :
"We want to prevent things like this happening again."

See?

Quote :
The white haired chick didn't seem happy with my resistance.

Because your resistance is pretty unfounded?

Quote :
"You wanted to see me sir." A voice came from the other side of the door." it was male and deep. "Yes come in Bobby."

…Where the hell are they that random students can just drop in at any time?

Quote :
Professor Xavier replied. The door swang open,

I don’t really have anything to say about that, I just thought it was too amusing to pass up.

Quote :
and in stepped a boy about my age with brownish coloured hair, and strong cheek bones.

Oh yeah, but Storm isn’t good enough for a description. *rolls eyes*

Quote :
"This is Keket, Kehet this is Bobby, Bobby could you please show her to her room."
"So Kehet, that how you say it right."
"Ke-k-et" I replied and giggled.
"Keket, what powers do you have."

So…it is Keket? Or is it Kehet?
Meh, I just remembered I don’t care.

Quote :
"Well I quote from what Professor Xavier told me Telekinesis, Astral Projection/Soul Self, Levitation, Empathy, Telepathy, Umbrakenectic Dark Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, Teleportation, Time Manipulation, Physical Healing, Precognition, Ability to transfer power... yeah I have no idea what any of that means, yours?" I smiled at him.

“So, yeah. Everything. I’m the Sue, remember?”

Quote :
"Thermokinesis, Thermal Vision, Cryokinesis, Organic-Ice Form, Hydrokinesis, Molecular Moisture Inversion and Conversion. Not as many as you but they are pretty cool." He laughed. We reached my room. "Well this is your stop; um I will come get you tomorrow, when your classes start. You try using your powers but you know try to destroying stuff

Yeah, just go ahead and destroy anything you want with powers you can’t control. Nothing can go wrong!

Quote :
Umbrakenectic Dark Manipulation should lead you to be able to create small force fields and balls, try that. You can get your dinner when ever, everyone else has eaten." He left me with my suitcase.
I unpacked my suitcase in to the wardrobe and took a shower. I began wondering the halls sniffing food. I reached the kitchen, it was huge my idea kitchen the fridge alone was like the size of a garage.

Uh…no. It was the the size of a fridge.

Quote :
I turned the light on and walked over to the cupboard and found some peanut butter and made my favourite, peanut butter sandwich.

Exotic favorite food for an “exotic” lady.

Quote :
"And I would run 10000 miles and I would walk 10000 more just to be the man that walks..." I began to sing, until I heard a coughing and snapped out my awesome singing moment.

SHE JUST RUINED THAT SONG IN SO MANY WAYS OH MY GOD

Quote :
"You don't look like a man."

…Thank…you?

Quote :
The voice that had coughed complimented, he had a slightly Russian- Siberian accent.
"Well thank you." I giggled.
"Are you meant to be here?" he asked sceptically, raising an eyebrow at me.

I don’t recall it being an all-boys school.

Quote :
"Yeah I'm new here."
"Yeah your that new girl, umm Kezket." His accent consumed my name.

Accent: OM NOM NOM NAME

Quote :
"That's me, call me Key so what are you powers, fancy names please they sound cooler." He grinned at me. He was huge.

Yeah…that’s what she said.

Quote :
"Um lets me think about thiz Organic Steel Transformation, superhuman strength, superhuman stamina and superhuman durability"

Basically…he’s good in bed.

Quote :
"What your name?"
"Peter or Colossus."
"Sweet, can you show me your powers." He smiled; a sliverish blue metal covered his body. It appeared to just cover all of his muscles, highlighting them more than before. He walked over to me and picked me up with one of his hand like I was a feather. I giggled as the metal that covered his body was ice cold against my skin. He transformed back, I just realised that he was there shirtless dam he was fit.

I thought you noticed his “highlighted muscles”?

Quote :
"What kind of metal is it?"
"Osmium"
"I did an assignment on that back home," I actually did, I only got a B, he chuckled

FAILURE

Quote :
"So Key what brings you here?" we were sitting the library at this point.
"Xavier." I replied bluntly, I still wasn't really accepted to the fact that he had made me come here.
"He is a very great man. He has changed many of the students here lives. Have you found out your powers, show me? You know if you want to" he added nervously
"Umm that bobby said just to use little of it." I held my hand out flat in front of me and concentrated hard and a black jet of energy in the shape of a hand; I made it ruffle his black fluffy hair. He shook slightly at the coldness of my power.

So…she does know how to use her powers? What?

Quote :
"Darkness manipulation or is that just the colour of your energy?"

“Hey baby, want to see the color of my energy?”

Quote :
"Professor Xavier said it was Umbrakenectic Dark Manipulation"
"That's a really good power to have, do you have anything else." I handed him the paper that I had written the list of my powers on.

It spanned a notebook.

Quote :
"Wow that's a lot; you are a very lucky girl.

Um…these are teenagers struggling to cope with abilities most of them don’t want. So they probably wouldn’t consider her “lucky”.

Quote :
I think that I'm going to head off to bed," he got up and picked up a pie of papers that where in front of him.
"Don't let the bed bugs bite." I yelled as he left the library. I finished my sandwich and went back to my room.

Oh Keket, you’re so witty.

Quote :
"Keket, you ready?" Bobby's voice yelled from outside my door.
"Yes" I ran out my room. The bag on my back filled with the pile of books that had been left on the desk.
"Like your outfit" There was no uniform so I was wearing a leather jacket, black loose knit woolly jumper, with a green under dress, tights with Dr Martens.

Was that supposed to be sarcasm?

Quote :
"We have mutant ethics first up. Then storm wants to see what you are like in the battlefield"
Yeah. Cos putting an untrained teenage mutant in the “battlefield” is totally a smart move.

Quote :
"Mutant, that's going to take some, getting used to."

You didn’t ever guess that that was what you were? I mean…you blew up your house by accident. Seriously?

Quote :
We walked into a large office there were about ten kids sitting on sofas and chairs. They ranged from about eleven to my age.
"Students this is Keket so how do we decide when to use our powers?"

Wow…I feel like that was supposed to be more than one sentence.

Quote :
everyone glanced up at me. I saw peter and smiled at him. The rest of the lesson went by slowly.
"Guys we are going to take it easy for Keket sake, I am sure that she will be able to keep up, and Keket your powers should come naturally now. But Peter can you please stick with her."

Then why are you taking it easy?

Quote :
Suddenly the room changed, we were in some wasteland, bullets raining down on us. I made a shield and ran over to Storm.
"What are we hoping to achieve" I yelled at her

“Tough love!” she yelled back.

Quote :
"Disable the robot" it was huge about 60 meters high "normally we work as a team, but I want to see the strength of your powers. Professor says that you have a fair amount of control with them."

NO. SHE FUCKING BLEW UP HER HOUSE BY ACCIDENT. THAT IS NOT CONTROL. THAT IS A DEFINITE LACK OF SKILL.

Quote :
With that I felt a huge gust of air and she was in the sky her eyes went white they kind of glowed. "Come up here." She yelled down to me. I floated up to her level trying to keep my balance. This was so cool.

Oh, not scary or unsettling. Just cool.

Quote :
"Now get the bit of cement that or Colossus is standing on and bring it up here." I stuck my hand out, a black energy engulfed the block of cement and I pulled it up. I giggled, I have become a ninja.

I’m not sure that word means what you think it means.

Quote :
Peter looked like her was going to be sick.

Iknowrite? Finally someone else sees how revolting the Sue is.

Quote :
"I think you should put him down. And fire objects from the ground at the robot." I did what she told me.

I thought Storm told you to pick up the concrete? D:

Quote :
It was kind of scary last time I had used my powers bad stuff had happened.

Oh, I thought you’d forgotten about that.

Quote :
"Keket, this is Rouge and Kitty." Bobby pointed to the other girls that were in the room with us. They were both minute, on had two white strikes in her fringe. The other was just really small.

This is the correct time for a bizarre and awkwardly-described meet and greet!

Quote :
"I like your work." The really small one said and then pointed over to peter, he looked green and was holding on to the wall. A sudden feeling of joy washed over me. I guess that was the empathy working.

“Yay! I made someone throw up!”

Quote :
"Crap I feel bad know."

I thought you felt joy?

Quote :
"Nah it's aright Pete's never liked heights. Have you Pete." Rouge asked

“And it’s perfectly okay for us to exploit that fear.”

Quote :
"What?" I glared at me.

You glared at…yourself?

Quote :
"Not practically." He groaned.

WHAT IS THIS I DON’T EVEN

Quote :
"I am sorry."
"It's alright; I do need to get over my fear."
"So how many people are at this school?" we were sitting under a big tree, Rouge Kitty, Bobby, John Peter and me. John had joined us, he was Bobby's best mate and extremely vain.

I thought you were fighting a robot? What happened to that?

Quote :
"At the moment only sixty-five or so. The younger ones with families are off visiting. And the kids studying business are in New York you know Wall St"

I think I know of it—that’s where all the business people go to learn business things, right?

Quote :
"Business, I thought that we only did like mutant stuff."
"That's only on Monday,

“We’re only mutants on selective days of the week.”

Quote :
the rest of them are spent gaining the knowledge that is need to gain whichever dimpolas ECT we want." John scoffed at me; he had a hint of an Australian accent. He was attractive but the type of guy that new it and spent too much time on his hair.
"you are kind of a bit old to be new here, I mean most people come around the age of ten, but your like what sixteen.
What about Rogue, Bobby, Peter…you know…all those people sitting with you, John? Come to think of it, how about you?
Quote :
Did you hit puberty late or something?" Rouge laughed at me.

SCIENCE "In Love with the metal man" 927788

Quote :
She didn't seem to like me

Can’t imagine why…I don’t like Rogue much usually, but at least she’s sensible in this fic.

Quote :
"No actually... I first got my powers when I was eleven; I keep them under control for about 4 years then I lost control of them."
I can’t decide whether I want this to make sense or not.

Whoa. Yeah. >.>;
I have another chapter snarked, I'll try and get it up soon.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: "In Love with the metal man"   "In Love with the metal man" EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 5:18 am

This has got to be a troll. Your snark was very funny though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

PostSubject: Re: "In Love with the metal man"   "In Love with the metal man" EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 6:25 am

I can't keep this straight at all with the bizarre schizophrenia going on. Is it too much to ask for an author to remain consistent from one sentence to the next?

Don't answer that.

Quote :
Ourrora

It took me awhile to realize this is supposed to be Ororo, (I think?) and I initially thought it was a secondary OC that, from the name, I could only parse as "female Ulilillia."

Quote :

I know it's too much to ask that the author would either use "obtenebration" or at least make up something other than "Elementness Manipulation" at this point, but this still makes my eye twitch.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: "In Love with the metal man"   "In Love with the metal man" EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 11:06 am

Alhazred wrote:
Quote :
Ourrora
It took me awhile to realize this is supposed to be Ororo, (I think?) and I initially thought it was a secondary OC that, from the name, I could only parse as "female Ulilillia."

I was thinking a smoosh of Uhura and Ororo. They are both black ladies right? I mean, they may as well be the same person!

(oh god oh god star trek and x-men have published crossovers there might actually be uhura ororo femslash somewhere)

Alhazred wrote:
Quote :
I know it's too much to ask that the author would either use "obtenebration" or at least make up something other than "Elementness Manipulation" at this point, but this still makes my eye twitch.

I think that is what "Umbrakenectic" (Umbra. Kinetic.) is supposed to be. Except "Umbrakenectic Dark Manipulation" is both redundant and stupid.
Back to top Go down
Trioculus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Trioculus

PostSubject: Re: "In Love with the metal man"   "In Love with the metal man" EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 2:38 pm

Quote :
"Well I quote from what Professor Xavier told me Telekinesis, Astral Projection/Soul Self, Levitation, Empathy, Telepathy, Umbrakenectic Dark Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, Teleportation, Time Manipulation, Physical Healing, Precognition, Ability to transfer power... yeah I have no idea what any of that means, yours?" I smiled at him.

Beast: "Oh my Stars and Garters, I don't think Dark Phoenix had that many powers!"

Sue: "I think she says the same thing later in the story when I'm beating her, Magneto, Stryfe, and Bastion all at the same time"
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: "In Love with the metal man"   "In Love with the metal man" EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 6:51 pm

Alhazred wrote:
I can't keep this straight at all with the bizarre schizophrenia going on. Is it too much to ask for an author to remain consistent from one sentence to the next?

Don't answer that.

Quote :
Ourrora

It took me awhile to realize this is supposed to be Ororo, (I think?) and I initially thought it was a secondary OC that, from the name, I could only parse as "female Ulilillia.

See, now I thought it was some sort of mash up of Storm (Ororo) and Jean Marie (Aurora) from Alpha Flight (Northstar's twin sister).

Actually, in the right hands, that could be an interesting crossover. Much more interesting than this story, given that Jean Marie is borderline schizophrenic and does not play well with others.

And Cheepie, Storm/Aurora femslash would be interesting as well. Or we could have a Storm/ Uhura/Aurora threesome.
Back to top Go down
Grimley Fieendish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Grimley Fieendish

PostSubject: Re: "In Love with the metal man"   "In Love with the metal man" EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 12:24 pm

Trioculus wrote:
Quote :

Beast: "Oh my Stars and Garters, I don't think Dark Phoenix had that many powers!"

Sue: "I think she says the same thing later in the story when I'm beating her, Magneto, Stryfe, and Bastion all at the same time"

"Paging Tetsuo Shima, Come In Mr Shima...".
I suspect that Akira would like a word with this female Pretender concerning her abilities...
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: "In Love with the metal man"   "In Love with the metal man" EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 3:09 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
Or we could have a Storm/ Uhura/Aurora threesome.

OK, Ourrora is the official smoosh name for that now.
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: "In Love with the metal man"   "In Love with the metal man" EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 7:22 pm

Happenstance wrote:
In Love with the metal man

Quote :
"No actually... I first got my powers when I was eleven; I keep them under control for about 4 years then I lost control of them."
I can’t decide whether I want this to make sense or not.

Wait, so she now has less control of her powers than she did at the age of eleven? What, does she have some kind of degenerative brain disorder?

....wait, that might actually make the story interesting. All those powers she has? Yeah, totally just hallucinations due to misfiring axons in their death-throes.

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:
Or we could have a Storm/ Uhura/Aurora threesome.

OK, Ourrora is the official smoosh name for that now.

I'm not normally a femmeslash fan, but I would read the hell out of this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "In Love with the metal man"   "In Love with the metal man" Empty

Back to top Go down

"In Love with the metal man"
Page 1 of 1