Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent

Go down 
+20
Jay/Cris
Braigwen
Azzandra
Knorg
Rabid Badger
Seule
Raine
Khajidu
Malganis
Jesus.
Chris91
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
ZoZo
Verandering
Kremlin
OzymandiasBowie
Raven
Lady Anne
the asylum
XLT-100852.0
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
XLT-100852.0

Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent Empty
PostSubject: Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent   Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 2:14 pm

the Herald Sun wrote:
Told that she would be in hospital for about three days for a "simple" procedure in August 2002, the then 58-year-old woke from her anaesthetic in pain with stitches that felt "like barbed wire".

The doctor who performed the surgery, and cannot be named for legal reasons, is standing trial before a jury at Sydney's Downing Centre District Court after pleading not guilty to charges of inflicting grievous bodily harm on Ms DeWaegeneire and excising her clitoris.

Giving evidence today, the mother-of-two, who was widowed in 2001, recalled giving consent to the doctor only for the removal of a small piece of skin on her vulva, identified to be a form of pre-cancer.

"If I had known that my clitoris was going to be cut off there is no way I would have walked through that hospital door," Ms DeWaegeneire said of the procedure, which left her in a NSW hospital on painkillers for six days.

Ms DeWaegeneire said in evidence the doctor told her of his intention when she was "helpless", about to pass-out from anaesthesia on the operating table.

"His face came close to mine and for my ears only he said 'I'm going to take your clitoris too' with which I slid under the anaesthetic," Ms DeWaegeneire said.

Crown prosecutor Margaret Cunneen SC asked: "Did you have the opportunity to respond?"

"I was gone," Ms DeWaegeneire replied.

Ms Cunneen: "Had the accused ever told you that he intended to take your clitoris?"

Ms DeWaegeneire: "If that had been mentioned you would not have seen me for dust".

She said when she woke from surgery "I knew what had happened and I was shattered".

The doctor's barrister, John Stratton SC, told the jury his client "honestly believed what he was doing was necessary for the treatment of his patient".

He said the comments allegedly made before surgery were not correct and that evidence would show none of the other four people in the small theatre heard those words.

"He was not trying to mutilate or harm Ms DeWaegeneire, he was trying to save her life," Mr Stratton said.

He questioned why Ms DeWaegeneire didn't raise any queries about the surgery until two years after it occurred.

"I had lost my husband, I had now lost my anatomy, I was in shock, I could not replace what was gone," she said.

Asked what is left of her genital region, Ms DeWaegeneire replied "nothing".

"I've been told I could have reconstructive surgery but I said 'no way is anyone coming near me again'," she said.

Earlier today, Ms Cunneen told the jury of seven men and five women they would hear evidence from a theatre nurse who questioned the doctor's actions at the time.

The nurse allegedly told police she asked the doctor: "That's fairly radical surgery. Why are you taking so much?'"

He allegedly replied: "If I don't take it all the cancer will spread."

Nurse: "You would not be taking my clitoris no matter what."

Doctor: "Her husband's dead so it doesn't matter anyway."

The jury trial before Judge Greg Woods continues on Thursday. It is expected to take three weeks.

Source.

WTF Australia? Seriously, mates, WTF?
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent   Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 3:08 pm

Oh Australia

The only place on Earth that makes Florida seem sane.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent   Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 8:25 pm

Now, now. Don't blame Australia. Blame the asshole doctor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent   Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 9:34 pm

Isn't this the Bega Butcher dude?

I know it said he can't be named but I remember the quote...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
OzymandiasBowie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
OzymandiasBowie

PostSubject: Re: Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent   Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:01 pm

Lady Anne wrote:

Countries can't be held responsible for their crazies.

Asshole is too, too mild a term.
Back to top Go down
Kremlin

Kremlin

PostSubject: Re: Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent   Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 12:45 am

OzymandiasBowie wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:

And "crazies" is ableist. Try again.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent   Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 1:04 am

Quote :
"His face came close to mine and for my ears only he said 'I'm going to take your clitoris too' with which I slid under the anaesthetic," Ms DeWaegeneire said.
Shocked Now that's just eerily sadistic.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent   Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 6:39 am

Quote :
Doctor: "Her husband's dead so it doesn't matter anyway."
Shocked

Wow.

Yeah, wish I hadn't read that story. Now I'm going to be livid all day.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent   Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 7:38 am

Well, uh... she did kinda have cancer. You have got to get rid of it all.

It's kind of word against word and I'm not quite sure what to think just yet. It's not like those people who decide it'd be a damn good idea to nick their daughter's clit on birth.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent   Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 9:12 am

OzymandiasBowie wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:

You're right. And calling him an asshole insults a useful part of the body.

scratch

He's one of the hemorrhoids of the medical profession.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent   Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 10:01 am

Lady Anne wrote:

My thoughts exactly. This guy could have been living in Antarctica and he'd still be just as much of a scumbucket. The man's a disgrace to the medical profession.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent   Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 12:07 pm

I've read about this guy. Supposedly he keeps disappearing and reappearing in random places, pucking up his practice under false identities. Fucked up.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent   Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 1:16 pm

Raven wrote:

It was him.

Quote :
Reeves' former patient Carolyn Dewaegeneire alleged that in 2002 Reeves had conducted a clitoridectomy rather than remove a small genital lesion, and had informed her that he was going to do so seconds before anaesthesia took effect.

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
Well, uh... she did kinda have cancer. You have got to get rid of it all.

It's kind of word against word and I'm not quite sure what to think just yet. It's not like those people who decide it'd be a damn good idea to nick their daughter's clit on birth.

No. No. NO.

You DO NOT remove someone's genitals unless they have EXPLICITLY consented to it. Not even for cancer.

Besides, this is the Butcher of Bega, so whatever. This guy was NOT out to save this woman's life from clit cancer or whateverthefuck.
Back to top Go down
Khajidu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Khajidu

Location : on a tall ship far away from the bullshit, on the port side of course

PostSubject: Re: Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent   Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 1:19 pm

Were the surgeon to find another cancer in the Forbidden Zone, he would have had to:
1- Perform surgery as planned
2- Once the patient is awake and has recovered enough, tell them about it
3- Have the patient's consent
4- Plan another surgery
5- Try to not remove the ENTIRE Area 51, just as much as necessary.

Unless it was a HUGE emergency and waiting would have threatened the patient's life. Which wasn't the case.
Back to top Go down
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
XLT-100852.0

PostSubject: Re: Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent   Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 2:15 pm

Malganis wrote:
Raven wrote:

It was him.

Quote :
Reeves' former patient Carolyn Dewaegeneire alleged that in 2002 Reeves had conducted a clitoridectomy rather than remove a small genital lesion, and had informed her that he was going to do so seconds before anaesthesia took effect.
More specifically, she needed an small PRE-cancerous lesion that was 20mm in diameter removed on her labia, but woke up to find an area that was 95mm by 55mm by 34mm removed instead.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent   Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 2:54 pm

XLT-100852.0 wrote:
Malganis wrote:
Raven wrote:

It was him.

Quote :
More specifically, she needed an small PRE-cancerous lesion that was 20mm in diameter removed on her labia, but woke up to find an area that was 95mm by 55mm by 34mm removed instead.
This. You don't remove that much tissue around a pre-cancerous lesion. You remove the lesion itself and keep an eye on it. You never perform a medical procedure that was not consented to unless it's a life-or-death, right-this-second situation, which a pre-cancerous lesion is not. From the sound of it, it was a skin cancer, of which the most common forms are seldom fatal, and even with the types that can turn fatal, once you've removed the pre-cancerous lesion, it isn't coming back. You just keep a close watch on the skin, particularly in the area in which the lesion occurred, and if further signs of trouble are seen, then you fix them.

Also, his comment about her husband being dead? What the hell does that have to do with anything? She's a grown woman and can enter a sexual relationship if it suits her, whether within marriage or outside of it. And I don't see masturbation being much fun without a clitoris.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent   Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 3:02 pm

Oh yeah, this story...

Words can not express how much I raged over this when I first saw it. D:<

And then there's the matter that this sort of thing has happened a few times before with other doctors. I can remember quite a few stories over the years about female patients being given horrific "treatment", or they've been infected with something. Especially in gynecology, I think the whole field needs some sort of overhaul in terms of keeping patients safe.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent   Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 5:46 pm

Raine wrote:
Oh yeah, this story...

Words can not express how much I raged over this when I first saw it. D:<

And then there's the matter that this sort of thing has happened a few times before with other doctors. I can remember quite a few stories over the years about female patients being given horrific "treatment", or they've been infected with something. Especially in gynecology, I think the whole field needs some sort of overhaul in terms of keeping patients safe.
I think most of the gynecologists are decent. Those that aren't, however, fuck it up for all the others, and make it unsafe for all the patients. My dermatologist told me a story about the gynecologist she went to while she was in medical school, who, while taking her history, changed all of her answers because he thought that he knew more about her, a total stranger, than she did about herself. His reason? She was wearing worn-out clothes, so he assumed she was 1) poor and 2) promiscuous (her reason for wearing the ratty old clothes was because her current studies often made clothing into a biohazard, and so it had to be thrown away--which is not a situation in which you wear expensive new clothes).
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent   Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 7:37 pm

i hate people i hate people i hate people i hate people
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent   Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 9:13 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Also, his comment about her husband being dead? What the hell does that have to do with anything? She's a grown woman and can enter a sexual relationship if it suits her, whether within marriage or outside of it. And I don't see masturbation being much fun without a clitoris.

Misogyny at it's finest. She's a widow who's husband is dead. She doesn't NEED to experience sexual pleasure any more, because she doesn't have a man around to provide it for her, and God forbid she masturbate and enjoy it.

What I want to know is how does this bastard keep slipping under the radar? Why isn't he in jail where he belongs, instead of skipping from place to place under assumed names, somehow always finding some place that's willing to hire him (don't hospitals vet doctors anymore?) and ruining these women's lives? If he were randomly castrating men for no reason, I'd lay you good money he would've only gotten away with it once.

Back to top Go down
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
XLT-100852.0

PostSubject: Re: Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent   Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 9:51 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
Misogyny at it's finest. She's a widow who's husband is dead. She doesn't NEED to experience sexual pleasure any more, because she doesn't have a man around to provide it for her, and God forbid she masturbate and enjoy it.

Or that, you know, she was still sexually active at all? Old people still have sex drives. My mom once caught an elderly couple she was worked for getting intimate. Their ages? 91 and 86.
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent   Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 9:58 am

"Was the surgery expensive?"

"No, it was a snip."
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent   Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 5:38 pm

XLT-100852.0 wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:

Or that, you know, she was still sexually active at all? Old people still have sex drives. My mom once caught an elderly couple she was worked for getting intimate. Their ages? 91 and 86.

Thanks for bringing that up. As much as it seems to be a squick for young people, sex does not have a limited shelf-life and can last well into old age. It may take a little longer and not occur as often, but the tendency towards wanting to think of anyone over the age of 50 having sex as being some sort of unnatural occurence remains common. Especially where women are concerned.
Back to top Go down
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent   Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 10:22 pm

How the fuck is a guy known as the Butcher of Bega still allowed to practice medicine? His employers need to read that tvtropes articles on names to run away from really fast.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent   Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 10:53 pm

If this guy has been caught, I have a few ideas on how to punish/prevent him from ever practicing medicine ever again.

This time: Remove his hands.

If he gets caught even advising anyone in a medical manner: Remove his tongue.

If he still tries to fuck up someone's life: Remove his head.

Problem solved and you still give him a chance for all those bleeding hearts out there who jump to defend the perp and turn on the victims.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent   Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent Empty

Back to top Go down

Doctor preformed FGM without patient's consent
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next