Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Boring Music for Boring People

Go down 
+26
Gally
Dr. Professor Science
Quackers
Bad Luck Charm
Reepicheep-chan
Rabid Badger
Azzandra
Raine
grmblfjx
Psy-4
Just Chipper
XLT-100852.0
myeerah
Cyberwulf
Max III
Sheba
Jay/Cris
Exodia's Right Leg
Vilecat
InkWeaver
gaijinguy
TheIan
Penguin
Mr.Doobie
Loaf
EricD
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Bad Luck Charm
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Bad Luck Charm

Boring Music for Boring People - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 12:23 am

Psy-4 wrote:
Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
Everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together...

Brighter than a lucky penny,
When you're here, the rain-clouds disappear...
Back to top Go down
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 8:05 am

I feel really horrible now that I know of Australia's Christmas plight. I say we all get together and write a song for them
Back to top Go down
Quackers

Quackers

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:10 am

I have to agree with theian that rap is really retarded. seriously, RAP = Retards Attempting Poetry (i just made that up!).

seriously, they don't have guitars or play instruments or sing or anything. they just talk over a computer generated beat about guns and money and bitches. i could do that to, but im not some retarded nigger so i'm not going to.

now when i say nigger, i use it to refer to black people who are a disgrace to themselves, black people in general, and martin luther king. a nigger is a fuckmunch in a bandanna with dreadlocks "gangsta" who swaggers around and talks like "YO YO YO mah nigga! Bitches and hoes and money!" im not insulting black people. only ones that act stereotypical, hence, why i call them niggers. (mayve the mods should make a nigger smilie)

hell, most of them call each other nigger, so why shouldn't i?

but yeah, rap is really fucking stupid.
Back to top Go down
Quackers

Quackers

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:13 am

oh shit, how do you edit posts?

Quote :
Oh, yes, M.I.A is just one hateful, arrogant shit spewing hack. I mean listen to this hear vomit.

maybe she should just get in the kitchen and suck my dick. lol. jk. jk.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:25 am

Quackers wrote:
(mayve the mods should make a nigger smilie)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
maybe she should just get in the kitchen and suck my dick. lol. jk. jk

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:35 am

>>>/b/
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 1:55 pm

So whose sockpuppet is this now?

EDIT: Pfffffffft, you could at least try to use a proxy.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 2:26 pm

InkWeaver wrote:
EDIT: Pfffffffft, you could at least try to use a proxy.
Someone put effort into trolling? Heresy!
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 2:36 pm

oh good Christ
Back to top Go down
Bad Luck Charm
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Bad Luck Charm

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 12:46 pm

I have some boring music for you. Matchbox 20/Rob Thomas. I just don't get the appeal. Every song he churns out becomes an instant hit and gets massive overplay. What's up with that? Their music is just so, dull.
Back to top Go down
Gally

Gally

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 7:27 pm

Nickelback. All of their songs sound the same. The lead singer, whose name I can't be arsed to look up, BECAUSE I COULDN'T CARE LESS, sings in the same tone throughout their songs. There is no variation. Nickelback makes me want to slam my head in a blender because it is mono-repetitive manufactured CRAP.

I've listened to a fair amount of country and Taylor Swift just kind of assumes top position on that passively boring pile as well. She might as well just lay down and sleep while she sings for all the lack of emotion, range, and maturity her songs show. I realiize she's young and doesn't need to grow up so fast, etc. But I like complexity in my music, and Milla Jovovich was the same age when she released "The Divine Comedy" and THERE'S a piece of art. Not a country fan here. I can tolerate it only so long, but the genre can have some admittedly fun songs.

Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 7:59 pm

I'm going to do a complete flip-flop (Hah-hah! John Kerry!) and admit not all rap is bad. It's just the Gangsta rap that glorifies shooting other niggas (hah-hah! The Boondocks!), driving around in expensive cars, boasting how rich you are, and getting high I find offensive tasteless, and an insult to the genre's potential. Consider this my apology.

I'm also going to post an adequate reply, seeing as my first was mindless drooling unfit to the thread.

Now as far as boring songs go, Alicia Keys' Fallin' is right up there with snooze-fest. It's slow, has no energy to it, and doesn't build enough momentum to make it worth listening to. It's kind of just dull. I really can't listen to it because it just doesn't do her talent any justice.
Back to top Go down
SlyChild
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Location : Ass glued to computer chair. Haven't moved in days.

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:25 pm

TheIan wrote:
I'm going to do a complete flip-flop (Hah-hah! John Kerry!) and admit not all rap is bad. It's just the Gangsta rap that glorifies shooting other niggas (hah-hah! The Boondocks!), driving around in expensive cars, boasting how rich you are, and getting high I find offensive tasteless, and an insult to the genre's potential.
I can agree with you there, dude. There is a lot of rap that has artistic merit, but the "SO I SHOT A NIGGA THEN I SLAPPED MY HO AND SMOKED SOME MUTHAFUCKIN WEED" variety is just awful. Okay, maybe it sounds good to some people somewhere, but the absolute idiocy of the message (women are cumbuckets and shooting people who piss you off is cool) ruins it in my eyes.

Back to top Go down
Electron Blue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Electron Blue

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:48 pm

Bad Luck Charm wrote:
I have some boring music for you. Matchbox 20/Rob Thomas. I just don't get the appeal. Every song he churns out becomes an instant hit and gets massive overplay. What's up with that? Their music is just so, dull.
I like it 'cause it's loud, occasionally bouncy, and fun to sing. I 'unno, maybe it's something very specific in my childhood or life experiences or something.

On topic, Coldplay. Just like...it's the equivalent of sitting in a roller coaster's line. It's just something you sit through to get to what you want.

Gally wrote:
Nickelback. All of their songs sound the same. The lead singer, whose name I can't be arsed to look up, BECAUSE I COULDN'T CARE LESS, sings in the same tone throughout their songs. There is no variation. Nickelback makes me want to slam my head in a blender because it is mono-repetitive manufactured CRAP.

I've listened to a fair amount of country and Taylor Swift just kind of assumes top position on that passively boring pile as well. She might as well just lay down and sleep while she sings for all the lack of emotion, range, and maturity her songs show. I realiize she's young and doesn't need to grow up so fast, etc. But I like complexity in my music, and Milla Jovovich was the same age when she released "The Divine Comedy" and THERE'S a piece of art. Not a country fan here. I can tolerate it only so long, but the genre can have some admittedly fun songs.

Oh my god YEEEES. Every song sounds the same for both of these. Nickelback especially. Why does "Photograph", which is supposed to be a nostalgic look at friendships passed, sound the same as the absolutely tortured "How You Remind Me"? Seriously, WHY? It sounds so SHITTY.

Last edited by Electron Blue on Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 9:26 pm

Electron Blue wrote:
Oh my god YEEEES. Every song sounds the same for both of these. Nickelback especially. Why does "Photograph", which is supposed to be a nostalgic loo at friendship's passed, sound the same as the absolutely tortured "How You Remind Me"? Seriously, WHY? It sounds so SHITTY.
But I like Gotta be Somebody. It's catchy, fluid, and is a good pick-me-up for those days when I feel lonely.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 9:46 pm

Back to top Go down
kleine_kat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
kleine_kat

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 7:33 am

Anything by Mumford and sons. Now, I only know them from the radio, but apparently everybody loves them because they always become 'hit of the week', or something that ensures that they come by at least once an hour.

I have yet to hear a single song of theirs that didn't want me to take a power tool and drill down the radio. I don't know about the lyrics, they might be brilliant, but the grating, boring sounds of the melody and their nagging voices makes me hate them.

Likewise I hate the public favourite of the year: Kings of Leon. Why are they so goddamned popular? The lead singer sounds like he's trying to shit his pants and isn't succeeding, and while the beat may be catchy, the whole is a long, tiring drag.

Oh. A lot--not all! but a lot by Alanis Morrisette. While many trill about her with folded hands, I think her voice is one of the most droning, unpleasant ones on this earth. Her song texts are often interesting, but while I appreciate a good story, i really need the musci to be entertaining--I'd read books, otherwise. Although nothing of Alanis's is as bad as ANYTHING by Mariah Carey. Or any of the mainstream R&B girls with loose vocal cords that populate the music scene nowadays. They are completely indistinguishable, and indistinguishably bad, too.
Back to top Go down
Max III
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Max III

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 12:19 pm

kleine_kat wrote:
Likewise I hate the public favourite of the year: Kings of Leon. Why are they so goddamned popular? The lead singer sounds like he's trying to shit his pants and isn't succeeding, and while the beat may be catchy, the whole is a long, tiring drag.

Oh gawd Kings of Leon

that one song of theirs that is like "YANNO THAT AH COULD HYUUUUUUSE SAWMBAHHHRDY" would not stop playing on the radio everywhere I went last year

Your description of whats-his-face's voice is apt. ): And I have nothing constructive to say but that I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments here.
Back to top Go down
Lexin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lexin

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 12:26 pm

kleine_kat wrote:
Anything by Mumford and sons.
I like one track by them at a time. I made the mistake one day of playing their entire album (I was busy doing something and it was on my iPod) and wanted to open a vein in the bath by the end.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mpmrommel.co.uk
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 5:21 pm

kleine_kat wrote:

This so hard. Honestly, what the hell is "This Sex is on Fire" supposed to mean? If your sex is on fire, you need to see a doctor STAT. There are cremes for that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:04 pm

I think it was already mentioned, but in case I was mistaken, I have to add Maroon 5.

Really, I'm not a fan. At the time when they first came out, I thought, "Alright, these guys aren't so bad." And then 'She Will be Loved" was repeated over and over and over again on the radio and I just said, "MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP! SWEET OPTIMUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY, MY EARS THEY BLEED!"

If that's the only song people play on the radio, I'd hate to hear what else they've done. I haven't heard anything that annoying since "Killing Me Softly" by the Foogees.
Back to top Go down
kleine_kat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
kleine_kat

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:21 am

TheIan wrote:
I think it was already mentioned, but in case I was mistaken, I have to add Maroon 5.

Really, I'm not a fan. At the time when they first came out, I thought, "Alright, these guys aren't so bad." And then 'She Will be Loved" was repeated over and over and over again on the radio and I just said, "MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP! SWEET OPTIMUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY, MY EARS THEY BLEED!"

If that's the only song people play on the radio, I'd hate to hear what else they've done. I haven't heard anything that annoying since "Killing Me Softly" by the Foogees.

Seconded, although I really liked 'This love', which is a catchy, cheerful song and lacks the bleat of their ballads. Like 'She will be loved'.

Does anyone here know Anoek? She's Dutch, but I think she may have scored a small hit in the rest of Europe or even in the States. She has great, girl-power-with-a-bite songs, like 'Nobody's wife', but on the radio the only songs that are played are 'Michel', which really makes her sound like a mooing cow, and some other monstrosity I can't even remember because I would honestly switch channels when I heard it.

Strangely enough I loved 'A Horse with no Name', but I guess that's nostalgia. And I love the lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Boring Music for Boring People
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3