Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)

Go down 
+63
Aggie
Palantean Writer
StandupShady
Hawaiian Shirt
Eeveegou
Howithurts
Amalja
Vex
Quijotesca
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
CaptainMcNeil
The Unoriginal
VtheHappyLurker
Owlish
Sakurelf
not specified
Sarahsuke
minespatch
Lembech
pearlescent
bleachedblackcat
Mugg
Dr. Quinzel
Notanoni
Grimley Fieendish
Max III
villainy
grmblfjx
Penguin
JizzMasterZero
Fairlight
Shingzyl
Exodia's Right Leg
Alhazred
TheIan
Verandering
The Scientist
Rabid Badger
Blooferlady
Chris91
EileenK98
Adagio
Vilecat
Ozymandias
saeku
XLT-100852.0
Observed
Vanilla-villa
Lurv
Seule
Bella Mortis
Reepicheep-chan
Gamma Vector
SlyChild
InkWeaver
Just Chipper
Tungsten Monk
Mafiosa
MacCoinneach
your mom
Dr. Professor Science
Braigwen
NichoMas
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr. Quinzel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Dr. Quinzel

A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 1:25 am

Every time I jump into a new fandom, I'm filled with some kind of naive hope that maybe it won't be as bad as other fandoms. Like always, I'm quickly disappointed, though I really shouldn't have had such high hopes for Team Fortress 2.

TF2 high school. Concept is as crappy as the art.

Irony at it's best

Just what I've always wanted to see: two grown men wearing lolita.

Is it sad that one of the first thoughts I had was 'they would both be a lot more hairy'? (NSFW) (Fun Fact: The artist collaborated with her husband to create this beautiful work of art.)

And sweet Jesus, all of the shitty female classes.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 1:51 am

Dr. Quinzel wrote:
Every time I jump into a new fandom, I'm filled with some kind of naive hope that maybe it won't be as bad as other fandoms. Like always, I'm quickly disappointed, though I really shouldn't have had such high hopes for Team Fortress 2.

You know, I'm fairly sure the black woman on the end in that first picture has just suffered a herniated disc and is going to be in bed in traction for a month. NOBODY'S body bends like that.
Back to top Go down
Lurv
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lurv

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 5:53 am

Dr. Quinzel wrote:
But having them look like the characters in TF2 instead of generic sexy women would just be silly!
Back to top Go down
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
your mom

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 10:45 am

Doctor Who is my favourite fandom (surprise: betcha couldn't tell), and Donna Noble is my favourite companion, so why not see what DeviantArt has to offer?

This is Donna:
Spoiler:
One of the things I like about her is that she's not 19 years old and model-thin. (I personally find her very attractive, but this is neither here nor there.) She's mid-thirties and average weight. Kind of refreshing on TV.

But that's bad, right, that's she's not young and skinny? So when we draw her, we'd better fix that.

Total likeness. I remember when I watched the show and it was an anime. Wait, that might have been an acid trip.
Spoiler:
Quote :
Yes I'm fully aware that my version is...well.....But don't really think Cathrine Tate will mind really.
Way to assume that everyone who's not a size zero wishes they were. And way to spell her name wrong.

Moar.
Spoiler:
At least these people are acknowledging that their drawings are doing it wrong. A lot of the ones I've seen offer no explanation and no excuses.

Let's draw her skinnier than the Doctor.

I'm probably making too big a deal of this "let's draw her skinny" thing, but it's something that bothers me. (Because it happens with EVERYONE who's not a size zero.)

When I think Doctor Who, I know I always think:

Lion King lions. WHY DOES EVERY FUCKING FANDOM INSIST ON DOING THIS??
Spoiler:

NOW IN MS PAINT!
Spoiler:

I always think: mermaids.
Spoiler:

Wolves.
Spoiler:

And just to top it all off:

"this is Donna Noble from Doctor Who.i think i did a good job ,no?"
Spoiler:
Bitch, please be trollin'.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 7:17 pm

your mom wrote:
Doctor Who is my favourite fandom (surprise: betcha couldn't tell), and Donna Noble is my favourite companion, so why not see what DeviantArt has to offer?

This is Donna:
Spoiler:
One of the things I like about her is that she's not 19 years old and model-thin. (I personally find her very attractive, but this is neither here nor there.) She's mid-thirties and average weight. Kind of refreshing on TV.

But that's bad, right, that's she's not young and skinny? So when we draw her, we'd better fix that.

Total likeness. I remember when I watched the show and it was an anime. Wait, that might have been an acid trip.

Spoiler:
Quote :
Yes I'm fully aware that my version is...well.....But don't really think Cathrine Tate will mind really.
Way to assume that everyone who's not a size zero wishes they were. And way to spell her name wrong.

Moar.
Spoiler:
At least these people are acknowledging that their drawings are doing it wrong. A lot of the ones I've seen offer no explanation and no excuses.

Let's draw her skinnier than the Doctor.

I'm probably making too big a deal of this "let's draw her skinny" thing, but it's something that bothers me. (Because it happens with EVERYONE who's not a size zero.)

You're not the only one it bothers, trust me. Part of the reason I liked Donna was that she actually looked like your average mid-30ish woman. Someone that the FEMALE audience for Dr. Who (many of whom are in their 30s-and older) could actually feel a connection with.

Quote :
And just to top it all off:

"this is Donna Noble from Doctor Who.i think i did a good job ,no?"
Spoiler:
Bitch, please be trollin'.

I believe I speak for us both when I say WHAT THE FUCKING HELL!!!??

Back to top Go down
NichoMas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
NichoMas

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 9:33 am

I've pretty much given up on looking up fanart for things that I like...

One of my favourite bands is the Beatles, and I found a disturbing amount of fanart centering someone named KhKairi15 and Paul McCartney.
This is a picture she drew with someone else's OC, with the Beatles. One of the comments is " Georgie, why are you SMOKING?!? BAD BOY! >:C", how the fuck can you tell that's George? The only one I recognize is Ringo because of the nose. Also, people always name their OCs after Beatles songs. A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 724940 People think that's cute or clever, but really it's not (in my opinion at least).

Some of the art featuring her,
This looks more a caricature of Paul than anything, which isn't necessarily bad. At least it looks like him unlike....
This, that doesn't even look like him.

Am I the only one that thinks this is an unhealthy fantasy?
I think sometimes it's easier for people to separate themselves from fictional characters... but Paul McCartney was a real person. :I There's endless pictures of girls with either John or Paul (I never see Ringo or George).

I get unnecessarily angry about this crap. Angry
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 6:23 pm

NichoMas wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks this is an unhealthy fantasy?
I think sometimes it's easier for people to separate themselves from fictional characters... but Paul McCartney was a real person. :I There's endless pictures of girls with either John or Paul (I never see Ringo or George).

I get unnecessarily angry about this crap. Angry

That's because George and Ringo weren't as pretty as John and Paul A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 961878

You're not the only one who finds this distasteful. It's the same as RPF/RPS. You can do what you want with fictional characters because they're FICTIONAL (the key word here). It's a totally different animal when you're dealing with actual people who lead actual lives which, in the Beatles case, involved marriages and children.

In the case of the Beatles, I think a lost of the artists are so young they have no real memory of The Beatles as an actual singing group who changed the face of rock forever. To them, they're just a bunch of pretty boys in cute retro suits. Despite the fact that even when they were young, I would've never really called any of the Beatles 'pretty.'

Just out of curiosity, I searched for 'John Barrowman' and 'Gareth David-Lloyd' art, given that the amount of RPS for these two in the Torchwood fandom has reached the point where it has it's own archive. Amazingly, none of the John Barrowman art was RPS related, and most of it was pretty damn good (I was surprised by the number of pictures and photos that included his real-life partner Scott).

Unfortunately, there was a lot of Jack/Ianto art in Gareth David-Lloyd's gallery, proving once again that apparently, a good many fans are incapable of distinguishing between the actor/actress and the character they play. Given that there were, last time I checked, at least half-a-dozen groups on DA devoted specifically to Jack/Ianto artwork, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they just put it in the wrong category.

Of course, none of this is helped by the fact that Barrowman and Lloyd used to frequently lock lips at Cons, thereby giving the fangirls something to squee about, but honestly, if you don't recognize fan service when you see it, you have no business being in fandom.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 8:33 pm

I can't decide if these are an Epic!Fail or epically sad.

Spoiler:

These are but a sample of the fandom butchering this person does. And no fandom is safe either.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:54 am

I don't even want to get into this guy's pictures. In fact, I want to stay as far away from them as possible.

Take your fucking pick.

I'm gonna go throw up now.

A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 556166
Back to top Go down
Tungsten Monk
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Tungsten Monk

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:05 pm

Wow, that guy . . . really likes his muscle women?

Muscle women with dead-eyed kawaii anime faces on top of bodies that look like She-Hulk on steroids, no less. Huh.
Back to top Go down
NichoMas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
NichoMas

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 6:32 pm

That's...That's a lot.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 9:25 pm

Dr. Quinzel wrote:
Actually, I kinda like that second picture. That's just me, though. But it's not nearly as good this picture on Halolz.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 11:12 pm

Countess Fairra

I am not sure what a Vampire of the Gilled Blood is, but I don't think that thing on her low abdomen is a gill.

And she must be a vampire to have had her middle hollowed out like that.
Back to top Go down
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
your mom

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 3:46 am

SWEET JESUS, MY EYES. D: Why are her boobs twice the size of her head?? And the cleavage like... is at the BOTTOM. Also, not unique to this drawing--not by a LONG shot--but I hate seeing drawings of women that looks like the artist had drawn more waist, and then ERASED HALF OF IT, like chipping away at a statue. It's fucking disgusting, and I'm not sure how anyone, even the artist, could possibly look at it and find it sexy.

[edit] Also, this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My first impression was that her vagina was falling out of her body, but upon closer inspection... I still have no fucking clue what it could be, except a penis. A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 367135 With a piercing?
Back to top Go down
Mugg

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 10:01 am

your mom wrote:
SWEET JESUS, MY EYES. D: Why are her boobs twice the size of her head?? And the cleavage like... is at the BOTTOM. Also, not unique to this drawing--not by a LONG shot--but I hate seeing drawings of women that looks like the artist had drawn more waist, and then ERASED HALF OF IT, like chipping away at a statue. It's fucking disgusting, and I'm not sure how anyone, even the artist, could possibly look at it and find it sexy.

My first impression was that her vagina was falling out of her body, but upon closer inspection... I still have no fucking clue what it could be, except a penis. A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 367135 With a piercing?

I think that's supposed to be her belly button, despite how low it is.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 10:03 pm

Quote :
My first impression was that her vagina was falling out of her body, but upon closer inspection... I still have no fucking clue what it could be, except a penis. With a piercing?

I was to caught up in the wonderful naming to notice that at first. And I also think it's suppose to be the belly of the person, the bad coloring job isn't making it easy to tell.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:04 am

What the hell?

Dragon Age 2 hasn't even come out yet and already they are turning Fenris into a bishie with a radioactive glowing banana dong.

scratch
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:12 am

Braigwen wrote:
What the hell?

Dragon Age 2 hasn't even come out yet and already they are turning Fenris into a bishie with a radioactive glowing banana dong.

scratch

When you said 'banana dong,' I thought you were being fatuous.

So is it always like that, or does he have to peel it himself? A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 723337
Back to top Go down
pearlescent

pearlescent

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 4:11 am

Braigwen wrote:
Countess Fairra

I am not sure what a Vampire of the Gilled Blood is, but I don't think that thing on her low abdomen is a gill.

And she must be a vampire to have had her middle hollowed out like that.

"The sorceress of the gilled blood. Fairra isn't only the most powerful vampire sorceress from Irish Transalvainea. But her magic skills becomes very handy on missions. She Joined the Gilled blood to escape the Government, and put an end to their evil D.N.A Experiments.
She also has a curtain romantic Interest in a gilled blood teammate."

Oh God. ......*snickers*...curtain A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 961878
Back to top Go down
Lembech
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lembech

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 10:20 pm

From good ol' Homestuck : Karkat as what I think is a Mother Grub of sorts. Just shittin' babies while everyone else looks on happily.

This fandom. Upset
Back to top Go down
minespatch

minespatch

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:58 am

Lembech wrote:
From good ol' Homestuck : Karkat as what I think is a Mother Grub of sorts. Just shittin' babies while everyone else looks on happily.

This fandom. Upset

Yeah, heard about Homestruck but never really wanted to research what exactly it was.

Is it a web-comic/animation?
Back to top Go down
Lembech
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lembech

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:09 pm

It's like a adventure game/game/webcomic/flash animation hodge podge thing. Pretty decent and updates almost daily.

Starts off slow as fuck because for the first act or so, folks were allowed to give suggestions for the commands; it picks up quickly after that stops. Also, The fandom tends to attract the creepiest of people(whole lot of gore porn wtf).

Back to top Go down
Sarahsuke

Sarahsuke

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 7:48 pm

Lembech wrote:
(whole lot of gore porn wtf).
Considering recent events in the comic, is it really that surprising?
Back to top Go down
http://sarahsuke.tumblr.com/
Lembech
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lembech

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 10:11 pm

Sarahsuke wrote:
Lembech wrote:
(whole lot of gore porn wtf).
Considering recent events in the comic, is it really that surprising?

...You know what, nope.

This one gore pic of Bec Noir fucking Karkat (who was drawn to look like his actual age) was just...yeah. Kinda more than I can tolerate. Upset
Back to top Go down
not specified

not specified

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 11:42 am

Positively

Just look at this shit
Yes beautiful that's just what I was thinking about ingame allllll the time, Atlas and Jack having gratuitous sweaty mansex

Perhaps Prototype fares better!
Boy does my optimism fuck with me.
Also since when are living biological weapon-guy and cold rotting corpse with potato nose desirable in any way, am I missing out on some sick in-joke

I still like dA, though. Must be masochism. :'(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next