Why God, Why?


 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Shingzyl
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2009-12-09
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:33 pm

InkWeaver wrote:
Actually, uh. Read the what he links to. It's pretty legit.

DeviantART's never been the best, but whoa, way to fucking drop the ball on this one.

It's sort of sad. DeviantART is allowing blatant copyright infringement with doll bases traced from anime screenshots, but they're going to exclude an actual, serious, sect of humanity that matters.
Back to top Go down
http://ryukirose3407.deviantart.com
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:18 pm

Shingzyl wrote:
InkWeaver wrote:
Actually, uh. Read the what he links to. It's pretty legit.

DeviantART's never been the best, but whoa, way to fucking drop the ball on this one.

It's sort of sad. DeviantART is allowing blatant copyright infringement with doll bases traced from anime screenshots, but they're going to exclude an actual, serious, sect of humanity that matters.

[engage sarcasm mode]And yet they're perfectly okay with dickgirls and total female nudity, a lot of which involves either torture or bondage. But God forbid you draw a picture of a naked man. Apparently, only women are allowed to have peens on DA. REAL woman, none of this transgendered shit which, as we all know, is horribly wrong[disengage sarcasm mode]
Back to top Go down
Shingzyl
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2009-12-09
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:17 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
Shingzyl wrote:
InkWeaver wrote:
Actually, uh. Read the what he links to. It's pretty legit.

DeviantART's never been the best, but whoa, way to fucking drop the ball on this one.

It's sort of sad. DeviantART is allowing blatant copyright infringement with doll bases traced from anime screenshots, but they're going to exclude an actual, serious, sect of humanity that matters.

[engage sarcasm mode]And yet they're perfectly okay with dickgirls and total female nudity, a lot of which involves either torture or bondage. But God forbid you draw a picture of a naked man. Apparently, only women are allowed to have peens on DA. REAL woman, none of this transgendered shit which, as we all know, is horribly wrong[disengage sarcasm mode]

Little boy peen is fine too, according to Chix0r.

Edit: Interesting note, however, this gender dealie was fixed two days ago. They added an "other" option to the genders. Found that out via an argument where I'm trying to get traced anime doll bases removed.


Last edited by Shingzyl on Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New information.)
Back to top Go down
http://ryukirose3407.deviantart.com
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:31 pm

Shingzyl wrote:

Little boy peen is fine too, according to Chix0r.

Edit: Interesting note, however, this gender dealie was fixed two days ago. They added an "other" option to the genders. Found that out via an argument where I'm trying to get traced anime doll bases removed.

Okay, I find this vaguely offensive for a variety of reasons, most of them anatomical:

1. As a mother, I have never seen a small child with their hands behind their head like that. What we have here is the standard "sexy girl/guy" pose so common in art. Also, toddlers tend to have short chubby arms. Unless he's double-jointed, there's no way he could pose like that.

2. Why does his right leg look like it's dislocated at the hip? Also, his foot on that side looks like it's clubbed, and he only has three toes.

3. What happened to his nipple on the left side?

4. I know small children tend to be kind've soft and rounded, but the poor kid look like he's got one hell of a hiatal hernia. He needs to see a surgeon stat.

5. I'll give her points for getting the genetalia right.

But let's not be stupid. We all know that somewhere out there, someone is getting off from looking at this picture, naked cherub or no.

Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:33 am

InkWeaver wrote:
Actually, uh. Read the what he links to. It's pretty legit.

DeviantART's never been the best, but whoa, way to fucking drop the ball on this one.

I agree. I just can't tell how widespread the upset is. I mean, I saw this come up on Facebook, too, but that doesn't have to mean anything.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-14
Age : 37
Location : Punching Udina.

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:14 am

Where the hell is this guy's solar plexus and why if you are not into this did you post it on your DA page?
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:18 am

Braigwen wrote:
Where the hell is this guy's solar plexus and why if you are not into this did you post it on your DA page?

Coloring something you're not in to is kind've like beta-reading a hardcore BDSM story with watersports and scat for a friend when you hate BDSM, watersports and scat. It makes little to no sense. And if your friend knows you well enough to ask you to do it, she should know you well enough to know what you are and aren't into.

There are no comments on it anyway, but it might have helped if she'd posted it to the account of the person who actually drew it. Why would anyone leave comments on your page when you've disavowed what you've posted?
Back to top Go down
Lurv
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-11
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:04 am

Braigwen wrote:
Where the hell is this guy's solar plexus and why if you are not into this did you post it on your DA page?
Goddamn. So the artist feels grown up enough to draw kinky shit, but can't bring themself to look at what a man's torso actually look like? Typical.

And I'm guessing either the uploader is into it after all, or he figured it might at least get him some views.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:51 am

I'm actually not much of a digital artist, myself. But look, when you can still see the corners the fill-in tool didn't reach, it's not ready to be uploaded.
Back to top Go down
villainy



Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:

But let's not be stupid. We all know that somewhere out there, someone is getting off from looking at this picture, naked cherub or no.


That could be said about anything, though.
Back to top Go down
Max III
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 144
Location : A very comfortable armchair

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:30 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

omg her torso how is it existing
Back to top Go down
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2010-07-18
Age : 25
Location : interwebs

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:19 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
Hello, brothers and sisters. This is my first submission to Deviant Art. It is a drawing I have been working on for sometime that shows Naruto praying to our crucified Lord. As I have drawing this boy, I wish that all sinners will see their way to the Light of Christ's Love.

Steve

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
Even people who have done wrong can find peace and forgiveness in Christ's light.

lololololololol
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:08 am

Oh god, I looked at the rest of his gallery.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
A tribute to this great man who lead by example. His light shone for all the world to see. I hope that President Obama will have the strength to walk this path with Christ at his side.



You know, even if you actually like Bush, even if you think he actually based decisions on what he thought was good for the people instead of what was good for special interests, how the fuck do you miss the fact that the rest of the world viewed him as a complete and total loon? I weep for my country that at least half of its population is so absolutely deluded with jingoism that they either completely missed that or, worse, saw it and just assumed all those silly unenlightened foreigners just couldn't understand Dubya's example and refused to see the light he shown for all the world to see.

Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:54 pm

I'm not sure what horrifies me more-Christ and the characters from Naruto, or the screed that accompanies Dubya's 'portrait.'

On the other hand, should the author of the Golden Oldie where Sailor Moon finds Christ (and the perfect prom dress) ever decide to self-publish, we know where to find an illustrator for it.

Back to top Go down
Grimley Fieendish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2009-09-07
Age : 53
Location : Currently, running a Ski Resort on Hoth

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:43 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
I'm not sure what horrifies me more-Christ and the characters from Naruto, or the screed that accompanies Dubya's 'portrait.'

On the other hand, should the author of the Golden Oldie where Sailor Moon finds Christ (and the perfect prom dress) ever decide to self-publish, we know where to find an illustrator for it.


I would argue for both, in that why would Naruto suddenly pray/worship a figure which is effectively alien to him, considering that many of the tenets Christ espouses, are effectively meaningless to anyone raised in the medieval Japan-analogue, Naruto inhabits...
As for "Bush the Incompetent", & his policies, time will tell, but I suspect that historians will not be charitable towards him...
Back to top Go down
Tungsten Monk
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-11
Age : 29
Location : Cedar Rapids, IA

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:09 pm

Speaking of Naruto insanity, how about some good old-fashioned what the fuck is this thing about?

Thirteen pages of this comic have been published so far, all of them featuring screenshots of Naruto characters interspersed with amateurishly edited bases, bad MSPaint drawings, and photos of the "artist" playing a harmonica. I've read it twice and I have no frickin' clue what the hell it's actually about, or how anybody could possibly think that this was an acceptable method of storytelling.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-14
Age : 37
Location : Punching Udina.

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:21 pm

Apparently the proper response to mistletoe is to knee the man in the groin and bite out his tongue while ripping his head of.

Who knew?
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:58 pm

Braigwen wrote:
Apparently the proper response to mistletoe is to knee the man in the groin and bite out his tongue while ripping his head of.

Who knew?

Actually, according to the description, the person being kissed is a girl named Elaine. I'm not surprised you made the mistake, though. I thought it was a guy too till I read the description.

That said, getting kneed in the crotch, if done at the correct angle, hurts just as much for women as it does for guys. Though I put the look of total surprise down to the...whatever the hell it is biting her tongue off. On the other hand, if you're going to kiss an Alien/ Predator under the mistletoe, really, what do you expect to happen?
Back to top Go down
NichoMas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2010-08-28
Age : 25
Location : MIA

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:05 pm

That looks painful D:

While browsing Deviantart today I came upon someone called Pika626.

I was expecting to see crappy pictures of Pikachu...

I wish I had.

I think the Yusuke is the one that freaks me out the most...how does he walk? No
Back to top Go down
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2010-02-25
Age : 30
Location : Endor's forest moon

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:11 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
Braigwen wrote:
Apparently the proper response to mistletoe is to knee the man in the groin and bite out his tongue while ripping his head of.

Who knew?

Actually, according to the description, the person being kissed is a girl named Elaine. I'm not surprised you made the mistake, though. I thought it was a guy too till I read the description.

Actually, upon even CLOSER investigation, Elaine is the anorexic Turian, and the other anorexic person is the "guy she's hot for", according to the description.

This is another picture of Elaine:
Spoiler:
 

Still, confusing as fuck, and I had to check out the rest of her gallery to see if there was another picture named 'Elaine' to clarify just which one it was.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:18 am

your mom wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:
Braigwen wrote:
Apparently the proper response to mistletoe is to knee the man in the groin and bite out his tongue while ripping his head of.

Who knew?

Actually, according to the description, the person being kissed is a girl named Elaine. I'm not surprised you made the mistake, though. I thought it was a guy too till I read the description.

Actually, upon even CLOSER investigation, Elaine is the anorexic Turian, and the other anorexic person is the "guy she's hot for", according to the description.

This is another picture of Elaine:
Spoiler:
 

Still, confusing as fuck, and I had to check out the rest of her gallery to see if there was another picture named 'Elaine' to clarify just which one it was.

Well, blowing the picture up to full-size helps a bit-what I'd assumed was some sort of alien armor is, in fact, 'Elaine's' party outfit. And the other person is definitely a guy. Or a FtM cross-dresser wearing a tie.

This is one of those pictures where I imagine actually knowing the fandom would help. Or maybe not-if I can't immediately tell who's who in a picture and have to read the artist's notes to find out, I tend to lose interest.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-14
Age : 37
Location : Punching Udina.

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:47 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
your mom wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:
Braigwen wrote:
Apparently the proper response to mistletoe is to knee the man in the groin and bite out his tongue while ripping his head of.

Who knew?

Actually, according to the description, the person being kissed is a girl named Elaine. I'm not surprised you made the mistake, though. I thought it was a guy too till I read the description.

Actually, upon even CLOSER investigation, Elaine is the anorexic Turian, and the other anorexic person is the "guy she's hot for", according to the description.

This is another picture of Elaine:
Spoiler:
 

Still, confusing as fuck, and I had to check out the rest of her gallery to see if there was another picture named 'Elaine' to clarify just which one it was.

Well, blowing the picture up to full-size helps a bit-what I'd assumed was some sort of alien armor is, in fact, 'Elaine's' party outfit. And the other person is definitely a guy. Or a FtM cross-dresser wearing a tie.

This is one of those pictures where I imagine actually knowing the fandom would help. Or maybe not-if I can't immediately tell who's who in a picture and have to read the artist's notes to find out, I tend to lose interest.

Trust me. Knowing the fandom does not help in any way. And I seriously think she knows nothing more about Mass Effect other than Turians are smexy. Never mind that the different amino-acid makeup would cause an allergic reaction and that Turians don't have lips and do not have human gender notifiers and I am babbling like Tali...
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:29 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
your mom wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:
Braigwen wrote:
Apparently the proper response to mistletoe is to knee the man in the groin and bite out his tongue while ripping his head of.

Who knew?

Actually, according to the description, the person being kissed is a girl named Elaine. I'm not surprised you made the mistake, though. I thought it was a guy too till I read the description.

Actually, upon even CLOSER investigation, Elaine is the anorexic Turian, and the other anorexic person is the "guy she's hot for", according to the description.

This is another picture of Elaine:
Spoiler:
 

Still, confusing as fuck, and I had to check out the rest of her gallery to see if there was another picture named 'Elaine' to clarify just which one it was.

Well, blowing the picture up to full-size helps a bit-what I'd assumed was some sort of alien armor is, in fact, 'Elaine's' party outfit. And the other person is definitely a guy. Or a FtM cross-dresser wearing a tie.

This is one of those pictures where I imagine actually knowing the fandom would help. Or maybe not-if I can't immediately tell who's who in a picture and have to read the artist's notes to find out, I tend to lose interest.

In fact, knowing the fandom makes it worse. Turians don't have sexual dimorphism (or at least not obviously enough for humans to be able to tell them apart by looking) so a female turian should not be obviously feminine by our standards. This is a turian wearing armor. This fanart is a turian that's been genetically altered by the abusive precursors that do that on occasion to such an extent an entire species radically changes in appearance.
Back to top Go down
NichoMas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2010-08-28
Age : 25
Location : MIA

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:35 pm

I'm not sure what's going on here.
Back to top Go down
Notanoni
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2010-04-29

PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:22 pm

NichoMas wrote:
I'm not sure what's going on here.

Do you mean the way the art is a completely random bunch of styles, as if it's art theft?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)   

Back to top Go down
 
A Deviantart Fanart Thread (May be NWS)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Mai-Multiverse Calendar Contest 2011 on deviantART
» The official "What song are you listening to?" thread v2
» NaruHina Fanart...
» Pok├ęShipping (Ash x Misty) General Discussion Thread
» The Flat/Satin Black Thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Sporking Table :: New Releases-
Jump to: