Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who decided you could re-make that song?

Go down 
+36
Mary Sue
Penguin
crazzycat
Mr.Doobie
frostflowers
Lapin
The Unoriginal
Seule
Jenny Islander
Mr. Comic Book
Maximilia
Sparrow
Freezer
tjay
Mafiosa
Lembech
Melissa
InkWeaver
EileenK98
Mae Bedlam
unskilled78
Miss Prince
Dr. Professor Science
Yenflarg
Raine
AngryRobotsInc
DarthDarthington
Ceres
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
NastyHobbitses
Manny
Inciter
theweirdkind
Knorg
quamp
Bad Luck Charm
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

Who decided you could re-make that song? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who decided you could re-make that song?   Who decided you could re-make that song? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 7:13 am

Bad Luck Charm wrote:
And let's not even get me started on Courtney Love's off-key caterwauling of "Hungry Like The Wolf". Who decided you could re-make that song? - Page 3 585516
My Duranie days are gone, but I remember some songs with fondness.
Therefore it was with much disappointment that today I did my commute on the notes of a version of "Save a Prayer" completely drowned in guitar riffs.
I don't know who's responsible, and I don't want to know. The temptation to send a parcel bomb is too tempting.
Back to top Go down
Bad Luck Charm
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Bad Luck Charm

PostSubject: Re: Who decided you could re-make that song?   Who decided you could re-make that song? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 12:57 am

Aw, LAAAAAME!! :unskilled78: Why are all these bad re-makes coming out of the woodwork being directed at my favourite band now? Who's next? Tears For Fears?!

*hopes to God that doesn't happen*
Back to top Go down
quamp
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
quamp

PostSubject: Re: Who decided you could re-make that song?   Who decided you could re-make that song? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 6:49 pm

Bad Luck Charm wrote:
Aw, LAAAAAME!! :unskilled78: Why are all these bad re-makes coming out of the woodwork being directed at my favourite band now? Who's next? Tears For Fears?!

*hopes to God that doesn't happen*

You'll probably blow a gasket on this one. Yet another band that believes if you can't be good, be loud. Appropriately, this band's name is Atrocity:

Back to top Go down
http://sparrow779.livejournal.com/
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Who decided you could re-make that song?   Who decided you could re-make that song? - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 9:58 pm

Actually, I like that cover. What's wrong with it, besides it not being the original?
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Who decided you could re-make that song?   Who decided you could re-make that song? - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 12:44 am

InkWeaver wrote:
Actually, I like that cover. What's wrong with it, besides it not being the original?
I'm seconding this. I like it better than the original, actually.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Who decided you could re-make that song?   Who decided you could re-make that song? - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 8:25 am

Ugh, I hate that cover! The original had all this snarky attitude to it, not to mention an awesome passionate voice.

And that Cake cover is devoid of any of that. It is monotonous, feels like it goes on far too long, and it turned one of my favorite songs into one that irritates the everloving fuck out of me.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Who decided you could re-make that song?   Who decided you could re-make that song? - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 8:56 am

Nooope, gotta go with Cake here.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Who decided you could re-make that song?   Who decided you could re-make that song? - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 9:38 am

Most of the complaining in this thread consists of, "SOMEONE ELSE SANG THIS SONG I LIKE IN A WAY THAT IS DIFFERENT FROM THE ORIGINAL. HOW DARE THOSE CRETINS?!" [insert tons of emoticons] Edit: Wait, no. *goes back and rereads* My bad, guys, that's just Bad Luck Charm.

Lapin, I can see what you mean, so I'll just have to disagree with you. I like both versions.

Lapin wrote:
theweirdkind wrote:
I know this is late, but...
Mafiosa wrote:
[Hilary Duff's crappy version of 'Reach Out']

What the fuck is this shit.
What the hell did I just listen to??? :unskilled78:

The screeching of a thousand demons finally beaking free from the gates of hell.

I lol'd.
Back to top Go down
Bad Luck Charm
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Bad Luck Charm

PostSubject: Re: Who decided you could re-make that song?   Who decided you could re-make that song? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 1:10 am

InkWeaver wrote:
Most of the complaining in this thread consists of, "SOMEONE ELSE SANG THIS SONG I LIKE IN A WAY THAT IS DIFFERENT FROM THE ORIGINAL. HOW DARE THOSE CRETINS?!" [insert tons of emoticons] Edit: Wait, no. *goes back and rereads* My bad, guys, that's just Bad Luck Charm.

Aww, you say that like it's a bad thing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Who decided you could re-make that song?   Who decided you could re-make that song? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 12:36 am

Lapin wrote:
Ugh, I hate that cover! The original had all this snarky attitude to it, not to mention an awesome passionate voice.

And that Cake cover is devoid of any of that. It is monotonous, feels like it goes on far too long, and it turned one of my favorite songs into one that irritates the everloving fuck out of me.

This would be my reasoning for it as well.
Back to top Go down
http://sparrow779.livejournal.com/
Mary Sue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mary Sue

PostSubject: Re: Who decided you could re-make that song?   Who decided you could re-make that song? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 9:44 am

Mr.Doobie wrote:
I would also like to mention a cover of Chuck Berry's "Johnny B. Goode" performed by none other than infamous Nazi punk band Skrewdriver (retitled: "Johnny Joined the Ku Klux Klan).

Speaking of Skrewdriver, they've also done a cover of "Tomorrow Belongs to Me" from the musical Cabaret. In case you haven't seen it, it is performed by a member of Hitler youth and is meant to show how alluring Nazism looked at the time. It's a great song. However, Skrewdriver completely missed the point of the song and performed a totally serious cover of it. For an extra dose of irony, the song happened to be written by two gay Jewish men. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so terrifying.
Back to top Go down
Sloth
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sloth

PostSubject: Re: Who decided you could re-make that song?   Who decided you could re-make that song? - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 6:23 pm

Everything sounds better as a death metal cover. Especially Christmas carols!

Back to top Go down
kleine_kat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
kleine_kat

PostSubject: Re: Who decided you could re-make that song?   Who decided you could re-make that song? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 5:11 am

Dr. Professor Science wrote:
Now, I'm not one of those people who kisses the ground Pink Floyd walks on, but I think they're a relatively good band (well, their songs that are actually songs are songs anyway tend to be pretty good. I loved Dark Side of the Moon but not all that much else.)

But this?

This made me very very unhappy.

Hahaha I thought this was brilliant! It took me a while before I actually recognized the song, but it's like the Bee Gees on crack. Seriously, this is a cover I can live with, just like the grunted version of Losing my Religion. It's so different, so over the top WEIRD that I can do nothing but applaud its wtf-ery.

Bad cover: Under the Bridge by All Saints instead of the Peppers. Painful...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who decided you could re-make that song?   Who decided you could re-make that song? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who decided you could re-make that song?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next