Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships

Go down 
+31
KJM
vade
Jesus.
Sheba
Braigwen
Drabbler
StillScreaming
EileenK98
Malganis
Spotts1701
Bamshalam
SlyChild
Aggie
Cyberwulf
Tungsten Monk
Reepicheep-chan
Chris91
Psy-4
GamemasterAnthony
Miss Misery
ZoZo
grmblfjx
the asylum
theweirdkind
Mikey Go WOOGA
Rabid Badger
gaijinguy
Raine
WD40
Lapin
Lady Anne
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships Empty
PostSubject: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 7:21 pm

Link

Quote :
With fans turning the area outside the Nokia theater in L.A. into a tent city in advance of the "Eclipse" premiere, the Los Angeles Times examines the phenomenon of fans whose lives are upended by their fierce love of the vampire books and movies. The Times found women who have nearly lost their marriages by neglecting their husbands in favor of "Twilight" fan sites, blogs, and message boards. One woman gushes that she's seen the movies "over 300 times."
And I thought the Titanic fans of 13 years ago were crazy. This is just... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Seriously, people, it's fiction. Team Edward? Team Jacob? The stories are already written and you know who Bella winds up with, so what's the deal? Is it worth sacrificing your personal life for?

Quote :
The names "Bella," "Jacob," and "Cullen" are climbing the popular-baby-name lists every year as more and more parents make their "Twilight" fandom a permanent part of their families.
Soon to be followed by the inevitable backlash, as Twilight haters' kids tease the Twitards' kids on the Internet.

Quote :
With two more movies to go ("Breaking Dawn" parts one and two, in 2011 and 2012), could the entire U.S. population eventually succumb to this crippling disease?
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 7:28 pm

Lady Anne wrote:

Quote :
With two more movies to go ("Breaking Dawn" parts one and two, in 2011 and 2012), could the entire U.S. population eventually succumb to this crippling disease?
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I would sooner take a bullet to the arm than sit through those movies/books/etc with these crazies. I'm not even kidding. The wound will only hurt excruciatingly for a few days, then eventually become a dull throb before healing. The migraine these people cause never fucking ends.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 7:31 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Quote :
With fans turning the area outside the Nokia theater in L.A. into a tent city in advance of the "Eclipse" premiere,

I thought this was an exaggeration, but...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Jeez! Shocked

Edit: Hay, with a load of them all in one place all we need is one IUD... Just sayin'...
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 7:43 pm

WD40 wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
Quote :
With fans turning the area outside the Nokia theater in L.A. into a tent city in advance of the "Eclipse" premiere,

Jeez! Shocked

Edit: Hay, with a load of them all in one place all we need is one IUD... Just sayin'...

You know what every outdoor fan gathering needs? A good ol' out-of-control fire caused by the normal moron who can't put their cigarette out properly while toasted, with nearby whiskey inevitably acting as an accelerant. Happens at every outdoor concert tent city, every fan gathering. I mean, it's practically a rite of passage.

I like a good bottle of whiskey myself. Anyone here smoke?
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 8:03 pm

And I thought the putrid bog of fans camped outside as described in the Barry Trotter books was bad.

Seriously though, if these women are going to give up their real relationships for the sake of a fictional fairy tale, they've only got themselves to blame for their own loneliness.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 8:23 pm

WD40 wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
Quote :

Jeez! Shocked

Intra-Uterine Device? Granted, it would be preferable to prevent these people from breeding, but it would take more than one.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 8:37 pm

gaijinguy wrote:
WD40 wrote:

Intra-Uterine Device? Granted, it would be preferable to prevent these people from breeding, but it would take more than one.

I just glossed right over that the first time, but now that I think about it, one is as good as the other. IED, IUD, riot-fire, whatever makes these creepy little girls go away.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 9:14 pm

Lapin wrote:
gaijinguy wrote:
WD40 wrote:

I just glossed right over that the first time, but now that I think about it, one is as good as the other. IED, IUD, riot-fire, whatever makes these creepy little girls go away.

Except according to the article, it's not just creepy teenage girls. You've got women in their 30s and 40s who are ruining their real-life marriages/relationships because of a bunch of fictional teenagers. All the while quietly absorbing the Twilight Saga's dubious message that a women isn't complete unless she's got a big strong man around to protect her for the big bad world. And that everyone has a chosen one/soulmate waiting for them out there, and when they meet, they will immediately KNOW they've found their ONE TWU WUB.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:24 pm

Quote :
The names "Bella," "Jacob," and "Cullen" are climbing the
popular-baby-name lists every year as more and more parents make their
"Twilight" fandom a permanent part of their families.

Okay, Isabella, Edward, and Jacob are all real names.

Cullen? No. Just no. If you name your kid Cullen, the kid should be taken away from you and given to a pack of wolves so it can be raised properly.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:24 pm

Start being concerned when people name their children "Renesmee" or "Carlie".
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:27 pm

If it were 40-year old men screaming for 16-year old girls, they'd be put in jail.

Just sayin'
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 12:37 am

the asylum wrote:
If it were 40-year old men screaming for 16-year old girls, they'd be put in jail.

Just sayin'

Very true. I call it the 'Cougar Effect." The idea that movies and TV shows project that having sex with a woman who's old enough to be your mother is the best thing a guy can have happen to him. Because what guy out there doesn't want to bang some gorgeous 40-year-old woman who probably knows things about sex he never dreamed of?
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 1:40 am

theweirdkind wrote:

I think Renesmee has already happened at least once, and Carly is an actual name.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 2:37 am

gaijinguy wrote:

Not if you lined them all up at once.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 4:52 am

Lapin wrote:
gaijinguy wrote:
WD40 wrote:

IED wouldn't cut it. Nuke them from orbit; it's the only way to be sure.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 7:49 am

grmblfjx wrote:
theweirdkind wrote:

I think Renesmee has already happened at least once, and Carly is an actual name.
I know someone named Carly. She was born in the 80s.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 8:01 am

Lapin wrote:

I would sooner take a bullet to the arm than sit through those movies/books/etc with these crazies. I'm not even kidding. The wound will only hurt excruciatingly for a few days, then eventually become a dull throb before healing. The migraine these people cause never fucking ends.

No joke.

Some housewife has a dream about a sparkly vampire and creams her pants, and now the whole world has to suffer for it.
Back to top Go down
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 8:29 am

To make this batshit (appropo term that) insanity even more so, I recently heard one of the stars of Twilight is actually a direct descendant of one Vlad the Impaler.

Yes folks...the kid playing a vampire is descended from the guy that inspired the ORIGINAL vampire.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 8:32 am

Miss Misery wrote:
Some housewife has a dream about a sparkly vampire and creams her pants, and now the whole world has to suffer for it.
That would have ended there, if only several generations of dullard, vain women, whose ego responds really well to objects of their desire obsessing over them, also morons who think Edward is an example to follow and, idiots who don't know what a healthy relationship is didn't cream their pants as well.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 10:01 am

the asylum wrote:

Or shot.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 12:08 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
the asylum wrote:

Just sayin'

Very true. I call it the 'Cougar Effect." The idea that movies and TV shows project that having sex with a woman who's old enough to be your mother is the best thing a guy can have happen to him. Because what guy out there doesn't want to bang some gorgeous 40-year-old woman who probably knows things about sex he never dreamed of?

brb, vomitting. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] srsly old people r disgusting

Lady Anne wrote:
grmblfjx wrote:
theweirdkind wrote:

I know someone named Carly. She was born in the 80s.

I have a cousin named Carly. Also born in the 80s. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 12:19 pm

I just want to know why Smeyer had to completely wreak Seattle with this bull. I do not want to see Twilight shit in every souvenir shop ever! And I sure as hell do not want to see Twilight on the travel brochers on the ferry! Right next to the Pacific Northwest Native attractions! How am I going to pretend this never happened?!
Back to top Go down
Tungsten Monk
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Tungsten Monk

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 12:40 pm

Nuke 'em from orbit. It's the only way to be . . . goddammit, gai.

For a while, I had hopes that this craze was dying down. Unfortunately, with the bloody mess of Breaking D(o)wn still to come, Twilight will continue to haunt us for at least another year. I wonder if FEMA can fly in emergency supplies of common sense and migraine medication to the Pacific Northwest?
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 12:54 pm

Tungsten Monk wrote:
I wonder if FEMA can fly in emergency supplies of common sense and migraine medication to the Pacific Northwest?
Those were in short supply ever since Bush got reelected.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 1:32 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
You've got women in their 30s and 40s who are ruining their real-life marriages/relationships because of a bunch of fictional teenagers. All the while quietly absorbing the Twilight Saga's dubious message that a women isn't complete unless she's got a big strong man around to protect her for the big bad world. And that everyone has a chosen one/soulmate waiting for them out there, and when they meet, they will immediately KNOW they've found their ONE TWU WUB.
I love how you say that as if this message is somehow new and revolutionary, or even just unique to Twilight.

the asylum wrote:

Just sayin'
...are you serious?

GamemasterAnthony wrote:
To make this batshit (appropo term that) insanity even more so, I recently heard one of the stars of Twilight is actually a direct descendant of one Vlad the Impaler.

Yes folks...the kid playing a vampire is descended from the guy that inspired the ORIGINAL vampire.
Where did you hear that, the National Enquirer?

ps learn to mythos, the concept of vampires was around long before some Wallachian prince decided to impale people up the ass and long before some Irishman decided to use his name in a pants-shittingly scary book
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships Empty

Back to top Go down

Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next