Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view

Go down 
+16
Adagio
Psy-4
lurkar
Mikey Go WOOGA
Drabbler
Miss Prince
Ezri Dax
Aggie
Knorg
Braigwen
InkWeaver
Spotts1701
Penguin
Mafiosa
Jesus.
Raine
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view   Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 11:12 am

BLeachy wrote:
Well
think abour it this way, if you believe in a after life and aren't Jack
Chick then this guy is happily eating at the Heaven Buffet and playing
golf with (insert saint of choice here)

Silly Bleachy, hobos don't play golf.

Adagio wrote:
Aggie wrote:
robbers can sue homeowners of the homes they're breaking into if they get injured either during the break-in or while the homeowner is defending themself, their family and their home.

But—but—what?!

This doesn't even make sense. There's a law (or maybe it's jurisprudence; I can't remember properly) in the US that states that nobody can benefit from a crime they committed. (IIRC, it was to prevent a guy from inheriting an estate or whatever after he'd murdured his gradfather to get it.) Since the person breaking and entering was committing a crime, that alone should ensure that they can't sue the homeowner. Never mind the fact that there are self-defense laws in the US which allow the use of reasonable force in defense of oneself or others, and duty to retreat doesn't apply if you're already in your own home.

i kno rite?

Can you believe it's actually against the law to shoot fuckheads like that in the back as they're running away, thereby saving a lot of time and effort of finding them, arresting them, trying them in court, and then not even having the decency to execute them? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ellym

PostSubject: Re: Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view   Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 11:45 am

Adagio wrote:
Aggie wrote:
robbers can sue homeowners of the homes they're breaking into if they get injured either during the break-in or while the homeowner is defending themself, their family and their home.

But—but—what?!

This doesn't even make sense. There's a law (or maybe it's jurisprudence; I can't remember properly) in the US that states that nobody can benefit from a crime they committed. (IIRC, it was to prevent a guy from inheriting an estate or whatever after he'd murdured his gradfather to get it.) Since the person breaking and entering was committing a crime, that alone should ensure that they can't sue the homeowner. Never mind the fact that there are self-defense laws in the US which allow the use of reasonable force in defense of oneself or others, and duty to retreat doesn't apply if you're already in your own home.

I know nothing of US law, so this is coming from the perspective of the girl at the back of the
(Scots law) lecture hall doodling and having a conversation about where we're going for coffee later, but we have a very similar case and IIRC it applies only to inheritance law. Certainly over here (and we like to think we're less crazy than the Yanks) there have been numerous cases of people being sued when security measures have injured criminals - the old folks home my Gran volunteers for was advised by its lawyer to remove the sticky paint they had on the fence after the warning sign disappeared (was stolen!) for the 5th time in case they were sued by someone attempting to break in.

I realise this is adding nothing to the discussion! Having said that - thought you lot had Good Samaritan laws protecting people doing first aid and calling the police? Although I suppose if folk thought he was drunk, doing nothing is a (barely reasonable) excuse.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view   Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:56 pm

Just because we have a Good Samaritan law doesn't mean we all KNOW about it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view   Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:12 pm

WELCOME TO NY, EVERYONE! Jose Cuervo? Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view - Page 2 588739
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view   Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 6:06 am

Anybody who would just leave an injured person to suffer in plain sight is an inhuman monster.

Sure, caution may be advised on approach, but those people who just walked on by are no better than hit-and-run drivers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view   Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:42 am

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
Anybody who would just leave an injured person to suffer in plain sight is an inhuman monster.

Sure, caution may be advised on approach, but those people who just walked on by are no better than hit-and-run drivers.

People who call themselves "hyenaholic" are no better than Mr. Hands.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view   Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:34 am

Quote :
an inhuman monster

so would you fuck it or not
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view   Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 4:22 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
Quote :
an inhuman monster

so would you fuck it or not

So would you walk by or not?
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view   Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 4:23 pm

You can't answer a question with a question.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view   Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 4:50 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
You can't answer a question with a question.

Yeah, who died and made you queen of question-answering rules?!
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view   Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:02 pm

Why are you squiggles even bothering with this?
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view   Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:07 pm

Why are you all yelling at me?!

Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view - Page 2 57786
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view   Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:48 pm

Verandering wrote:
Why are you squiggles even bothering with this?

Did you just call me a fucking squiggle?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BITCH I'LL CUT YOUR FACE!!!1!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view   Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Homeless man saves woman, is left to die in public view
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2