Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?

Go down 
+24
Mr.Doobie
Lady Anne
SirDixonDongs
mluckw
Azzandra
Rabid Badger
SlyChild
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Yubisaki
Just Chipper
Mikey Go WOOGA
Knorg
Grimley Fieendish
Lapin
thebonerules
Raine
Snake Bandage
Blooferlady
Verandering
InkWeaver
theweirdkind
Mafiosa
Jesus.
kleine_kat
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?   Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 9:03 pm

Oh, I didn't think he talked too much. I liked his voice. But he didn't really act like an apparition. He just sort of acted like a *cat* that every once in a while, vaporized. I feel like it missed the mark of the Cheshire Cat character- or at least what I would want it to be.

Like, if you have cats, you notice how they just sort of follow you around, saying shit in their heads but can't say it outloud, self absorbed, sleeps alot follows you when theres food or a toy... now imagine that with words and teleportation. He was Garfeild, for crying out loud.
Back to top Go down
kleine_kat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
kleine_kat

Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?   Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:05 am

Hey Mikey, could you kindly fuck off to the News section with your stupid volleyball player?

We're dissing Burton here, and you're interrupting.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?   Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:31 am

Mikey, I have a question.

If you like sports so much...

WHY DON'T YA MARRY IT
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?   Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 12:13 pm

InkWeaver wrote:
Mikey, I have a question.

If you like sports so much...

WHY DON'T YA MARRY IT
I don't think sports wants to marry him. One-sided loves are tough.
Back to top Go down
Yubisaki

Yubisaki

PostSubject: Re: Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?   Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 12:19 pm

I liked it. A bit.

But I still think it's crap. Kinda like those people who can like Twilight yet still see it for what it is.

But I was srsly going "NO YUR DOING IT RONG" at the end. It was, just.. Guh.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?   Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 8:07 pm

I liked it... but it wasn't really dark. More "How would Alice react to Wonderland if she was an adult in it?" Perhaps a little grimmer interpretation of the books, but it doesn't really pull off anything astoundingly original or DARK. Good grief; Batman Returns and The Nightmare Before Christmas were darker than this.

I've played American McGee's Alice the Game where the last level involves running through Alice's body and taking an elevator up her spine and into her skull. You spend much of the game in places that reflect what little of the real world gets through to Alice. You meet the March Hare and the Dormouse being horribly tortured.

Now that was so dark that some cut-scenes made me feel ill.

And it's got music so good they brought out a soundtrack.

Compared to that... well, Disney just falls behind.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
SlyChild
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Location : Ass glued to computer chair. Haven't moved in days.

PostSubject: Re: Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?   Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:16 pm

Okay, so I totally watched this yesterday.
...And I loved it. Seriously, I adored it. I don't care what you guys say about it sucking; I'll be over here in the Naughty Corner with my fingers in my ears and a dopey smile on my face. You can come over and poke me with a stick if you'd like.
Back to top Go down
kleine_kat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
kleine_kat

PostSubject: Re: Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?   Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:58 pm

...poke...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?   Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:33 am

Oh, nobody ever said it sucked. It's just not as amazingly shiny as people say.

Spoon...
Back to top Go down
Grimley Fieendish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Grimley Fieendish

PostSubject: Re: Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?   Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 3:26 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
I liked it... but it wasn't really dark. More "How would Alice react to Wonderland if she was an adult in it?" Perhaps a little grimmer interpretation of the books, but it doesn't really pull off anything astoundingly original or DARK. Good grief; Batman Returns and The Nightmare Before Christmas were darker than this.

I've played American McGee's Alice the Game where the last level involves running through Alice's body and taking an elevator up her spine and into her skull. You spend much of the game in places that reflect what little of the real world gets through to Alice. You meet the March Hare and the Dormouse being horribly tortured.

Now that was so dark that some cut-scenes made me feel ill.

And it's got music so good they brought out a soundtrack.

Compared to that... well, Disney just falls behind.

The "How would Alice React to Wonderland, If She was a Adult in It...?" idea was used in the 1999 Channel 4 adaptation, of Alice Through The Looking Glass, in which Kate Beckinsale played a adult Alice, re-entering Wonderland, seeking her daughter, after she disappears...
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?   Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 8:42 pm

Well, I finally saw it last night (Andrew an his girlfriend rented it, so I thought I'd give it a go). I made it about half-an-hour in, got bored, and wandered off.

I think I'll stick with the books and the Disney version of the movie. Or American McGee's Alice, if I want something a bit more 'edgy.' I've read and re-read the books multiple times over the years, and I honestly don't see how, if you haven't read the books, a large part of it would even make any sense to you at all.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?   Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 5:10 am

Well, watching movies from about a half-hour in isn't reccommended for ANY movie.
Back to top Go down
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?   Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 6:06 am

It was nice, for a movie about a girl playing dress-up for 90 minutes.

Last edited by Azzandra on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SlyChild
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?   Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 10:51 am

How can you not love a movie that features Johnny Depp in a goddamn kilt with a Scottish accent? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

...Although, oddly enough, I've never really found him attractive until now. I suppose that says something about me. Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 309696
Back to top Go down
mluckw

mluckw

PostSubject: Re: Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?   Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 9:46 pm

It wasn't a bad movie, but it wasn't the best by any stretch of the imagination.

The 'growing and shrinking' thing was done far too many times and the Red Queen was just sad. As a matter of fact, the Knave was rather sad too, though at least he was aggresive enough to push Alice against the wall when he tried to hit on her. Though that little infatuation came out of left field.

The White Queen was absolutely useless. I like Anne Hathaway, but she should not have been in that movie.

The Hatter was okay, but overused. Johnny Depp can play crazy easily, but he was trying to act against a girl that showed almost no emotion on her face (the actress playing Alice just creeped me out, OK?)
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?   Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 9:49 pm

burton and depp need to break up jesus christ they suck each others dick so fucking much

ps it was a terrible movie and the only person in it worth seeing was stephen fry
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?   Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 10:04 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
Well, watching movies from about a half-hour in isn't reccommended for ANY movie.

True. But if a movie isn't sufficiently interesting to keep me watching in past a half-hour, it's unlikely I'll find it interesting enough to continue watching it for two hours. And yes, I know some movies start slow and then get better, but this wasn't one of them.
Back to top Go down
SlyChild
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?   Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 5:01 pm

I LOL'd. Just a little bit.

Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?   Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 7:27 pm

i lold verily as well
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?   Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 10:16 am

I rented it and watched it last night--up until I dozed off, anyway, and then was rudely awakened by my dog yapping at the Hatter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
SlyChild
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?   Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:54 pm

Necroposting to bring you this important announcement:

Ooh, bendy.
Back to top Go down
kleine_kat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
kleine_kat

PostSubject: Re: Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?   Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:10 am

Why did I read that as fuckwhack dance? Looks as silly in the studio as it did in the movie.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?   Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:15 am

I like the dance. It just serves no purpose to the story, and looks much much better without the stupid CGI.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?   Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:27 am

There was too much CGI in this movie.

I mean, it looked good, but it meant there was so little for the actors to interact with.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?   Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 12:38 pm

Am I the only one who thinks "futterwhacken" sounds like a German slang term for masturbation?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?   Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Alice 2010; if this is supposed to be dark, what's that make American McGee?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next