Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK

Go down 
+12
Braigwen
Azzandra
Dr. Quinzel
Sutremaine
Anon
Grimley Fieendish
Roo
Delcat
LeeLee
Raine
Lembech
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK Empty
PostSubject: American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK   American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 6:13 pm

It's a fucking awesome game. Quite apart from the Quake III engine being used for the game and working very nicely, there are a few other things that make this game the BEST FUCKING THING EVER.

First of all, it's Alice In Wonderland turned Goth. How is that not awesome? Alice has become insane and is incarcerated at Rutledge Asylum. You don't have to escape from the asylum though - you have to escape from your own insanity.

Second of all, IT'S SO FUCKING AWESOME. The Goth part, I mean. It's not often that a game can sell itself purely on atmosphere, but this one can. Everywhere you look, Wonderland has been twisted and corrupted. McGee did his research into the books, too. The level design is fucking awesome. Almost everything from the books has a counterpart. Just watching the fluffy Disney version isn't enough because this one includes characters like the Duchess and her pepper. The music has a separate soundtrack.

Third of all, the game is great too.

It's just so great. I mean, the graphics aren't as kickass now as they used to be back in 2000 but the design of it is still great.

Oh, and the introduction is REALLY COOL. Watch as Alice has to listen to her family BURN TO DEATH and goes insane.

Oh, and the Casebook. The doctor taking care of Alice is kinda weird but he's not evil.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Lembech
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lembech

PostSubject: Re: American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK   American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 7:58 pm

I just love love LOVE the music for this game. Hell, I went and extracted all the music and burned it (lol) to CD. I'm going to be brutally honest and say that I really didn't make it too far into the game thanks to my old computer being a dick with games, but it it's fun as hell.

Awww yeah the booklet. I've always loved the diary look-and-feel of it, and some of the afterword notes are a little lolwut. I need to grab mine the next time I visit my mother.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK   American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:48 pm

I need to get more of the music. It's brilliant.

I remember when it first came out I got a demo of it, but I was so freaked out I couldn't finish it. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK   American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 7:50 am

I have all of the music on my computer. Hurrah for Limewire. The music is worth getting the game for and playing it through, if not for the detail that you don't need to - you can get the soundtrack seperate. Yeah, it's THAT FUCKING GOOD.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK   American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 9:53 am

I know this is a bump, but I just figured I'd add in to say, I've completed the game.

The ending isn't very good, but blowing Alice's insanity into large chunks of meat is worth it.

Admittedly I was playing it on Easy but it doesn't seem to make much difference.
Back to top Go down
LeeLee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
LeeLee

PostSubject: Re: American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK   American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 10:42 am

There was rumors of making it into a movie- but I don't know if it's ever going to happen. That would be great, with the right director and cast.

We have an alice and cheshire cat figurine here...I love the intro!
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK   American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 2:07 pm

Unfortunately (possibly fortunately, given the average quality of video game movies), the rumor dates back to when American McGee's Oz was still in the works. When that project went under, it more or less took the movie prospects with it.

I wanted that game so much :<
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Roo

Roo

PostSubject: Re: American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK   American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 2:53 am

I dunno, ever since Todd McFarlane's absolutely terrible "twisted" take on Oz (Dorothy as a BDSM slave, held on a leash by demonic Muchkins... ooooh aren't we just sooo edgy?!), I've sorta gone off the idea of a dark Oz. That said, maybe American McGee would have managed to do something interesting with it... maybe someone in that company had actually read the freakin' books.
Back to top Go down
http://hyaroo.livejournal.com
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK   American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 5:45 am

Well, actually the movie wasn't going to be based off the game, but off the book. Which is a shame because the game is fecking AWESOME.

I view it with the same attitude that I view the production of Duke Nukem Forever or a movie of Monkey Island. Apparently it's set for 2010, which, being a whole year off, fills me with doubt. So I'll pass on believing it for now.
Back to top Go down
Grimley Fieendish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Grimley Fieendish

PostSubject: Re: American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK   American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 7:58 pm

LeeLee wrote:
There was rumors of making it into a movie- but I don't know if it's ever going to happen. That would be great, with the right director and cast.

We have an alice and cheshire cat figurine here...I love the intro!

Sarah Michelle Geller was reportedly lined up for the role of Alice, if the movie had gone ahead, however the Tim Burton adaptation, due out next year, has effectively placed any movie adaptations into Delevopment Hell, so to speak...
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK   American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 7:08 pm

Well, Tim Burton's adaptation wasn't even very dark.
Back to top Go down
Anon
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Anon

PostSubject: Re: American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK   American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 12:00 pm

I'll just leave this here
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK   American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 5:35 pm

Oh, a sequel to Alice? Not very revealing. But hopefully it'll run on my computer.

I hate games that require a £2000 computer to run.
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK   American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 5:51 pm

Just run? At all? Seriously?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Quinzel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Dr. Quinzel

PostSubject: Re: American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK   American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 8:37 pm

NO WAY.Excitedplz

I was so obsessed with the first after I played it, and after the movie plans kind of died out, I was sad that the game would seemingly fade completely into obscurity.

I can't wait until next spring! The screenshots look great and the concept art for the atmosphere look amazing and awesomely surreal. The level designs were some of my favorite parts of the first game.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Quinzel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Dr. Quinzel

PostSubject: Re: American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK   American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 1:37 pm

Sorry for double posting, but there's a pretty sweet new trailer for the game:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK   American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 5:04 pm

That looks like awesomeness reincarnated as God. I bet when she snapped she really stabbed somebody.

My favorite level is either Machinations or Mirror Image. Machinations because it's so goddamn cool inside that watch, and Mirror Image because of the torture scene.

I know why Alice (or the Mad Hatter part of her) became obsessed with time - she figured if she'd only been in time she could have saved her family too.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Quinzel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Dr. Quinzel

PostSubject: Re: American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK   American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 4:34 pm

So if you get a new copy of Alice: Madness Returns for PS3 or Xbox, you get an online code that lets you download the first game for free. However, there is no word whether such a thing will be included for PC users. I find it in poor taste to offer it for free to the consoles while ostracizing the PC, which was where the original Alice made its mark.

You can otherwise buy it for $10 from EA.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK   American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 2:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK   American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 2:13 pm

Penguin wrote:

Ya know, as much as I like watching Yahtzee's Videos, just posting a link to them up in threads about things you don't like is the high of laziness.
I mean seriously dood if you can't be arsed to come up with your own argument about why you don't like something other than "This guy pans it so it sucks" then why bother at all?
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK   American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 2:37 pm

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot how we do things on Wugwuh. Allow me to amend:

I'll just leave this here.

----

Seriously though dude, who cares?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK   American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK Empty

Back to top Go down

American McGee's Alice - SO TOTALLY FUCKING DARK
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next