Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Woman strangled to death by her headscarf

Go down 
+13
kuroineko
InkWeaver
Jesus.
Ezri Dax
Miss Prince
Mafiosa
Mikey Go WOOGA
Malganis
Lady Anne
Penguin
Dick Powers
The Unoriginal
Raine
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

Woman strangled to death by her headscarf Empty
PostSubject: Woman strangled to death by her headscarf   Woman strangled to death by her headscarf EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Story found here

Quote :
A young Sydney mother has died after her hijab became tangled in a go-kart in an accident on the NSW central coast.

The woman suffered severe neck and throat injuries after the hijab - a Muslim scarf that covers a woman's head and neck - became entangled with the go-kart while she was driving at Port Stephens Go-Karts yesterday.

Paramedics tried to save the 26-year-old, but she was pronounced dead shortly after she was flown to John Hunter Hospital by a Westpac rescue helicopter.

Detective Inspector Peter Fox of Port Stephens Local Area Command said today the longer part of the scarf was wedged down near one of the go-kart's wheel axles.

"[It appears] the scarf was pulled across her throat ... from one side of the body to the other side," he said.

Paramedics were called to the track on the corner of Marsh Road and Nelson Bay Road in Bobs Farm about 2pm after reports a woman had been strangled by an item of clothing.

Crews worked to stabilise her while the rescue helicopter flew to the site.

She was flown to hospital but died a short time later.

There's going to be an investigation about this, but D: in the meanwhile. That poor woman, and her kids for that matter. I bet they didn't expect to go out for a day of fun only to have their mum killed like that.

Apparently this isn't the first time something like this has happened either. Wow, that just makes this all the worse.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Woman strangled to death by her headscarf   Woman strangled to death by her headscarf EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 3:58 pm

Raine wrote:

Apparently this isn't the first time something like this has happened either. Wow, that just makes this all the worse.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
^
The reason why I always tuck my scarf under the coat.
And I don't own a roadster.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Woman strangled to death by her headscarf   Woman strangled to death by her headscarf EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 5:09 pm

At least she had fun before she died. Woman strangled to death by her headscarf 309696
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Woman strangled to death by her headscarf   Woman strangled to death by her headscarf EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 6:33 pm

And all this time I thought that not wearing such things around machinery was commonly known safety practice.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Woman strangled to death by her headscarf   Woman strangled to death by her headscarf EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 8:54 pm

Penguin wrote:
And all this time I thought that not wearing such things around machinery was commonly known safety practice.
One would think so. One would be mistaken.

Some years ago, I took a class in set building for the stage. In the first class, we went over safety around spinning/sharp/heavy objects, with emphasis on such basic things as no loose clothing, no long flowing hair (tie it up or cut it off), and no sandals. Just common sense stuff, right? Well, at the second class, someone showed up in a loose, long-sleeved shirt, long hair left loose, and flip-flops. The girl was enraged when the instructor forbade her to use any equipment but a measuring tape until she'd tied back her hair, put on decent shoes, and changed into clothing that wouldn't catch in such equipment as the table saw.

Common sense isn't as common as it should be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Woman strangled to death by her headscarf   Woman strangled to death by her headscarf EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:06 pm

Dick Powers wrote:
At least she had fun before she died. Woman strangled to death by her headscarf 309696

I imagine being strangled to death wasn't too much fun, though.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Woman strangled to death by her headscarf   Woman strangled to death by her headscarf EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:15 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAAAAAHAHAHAHA*Gasp*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*Reads article again*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's what you get for being Muslim. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Woman strangled to death by her headscarf   Woman strangled to death by her headscarf EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:29 pm

Malganis wrote:
Dick Powers wrote:

She was go-karting before she died. Which many would find to be an enjoyable activity.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Woman strangled to death by her headscarf   Woman strangled to death by her headscarf EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:08 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAAAAAHAHAHAHA*Gasp*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*Reads article again*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's what you get for being Muslim. Colbert
DIAF.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Woman strangled to death by her headscarf   Woman strangled to death by her headscarf EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:14 pm

Dick Powers wrote:
Malganis wrote:
Dick Powers wrote:

She was go-karting before she died. Which many would find to be an enjoyable activity.

Now you're just being pointless and contrary for the sake of it.

So sad, Dick; you used to be a pretty cool poster.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Woman strangled to death by her headscarf   Woman strangled to death by her headscarf EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:31 pm

Malganis wrote:
Dick Powers wrote:
Malganis wrote:
Dick Powers wrote:

Nope, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Woman strangled to death by her headscarf   Woman strangled to death by her headscarf EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:14 pm

Malganis wrote:
Dick Powers wrote:
Malganis wrote:
Dick Powers wrote:

I thought someone was going to make an auto-erotic asphyxiation joke.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Woman strangled to death by her headscarf   Woman strangled to death by her headscarf EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 12:34 am

Malganis wrote:

I... really have not changed. At all. I've always been like this, dude.

If I was going to be strangled to death, I'd rather have gone go-karting before hand. Or eating an entire 30 oz steak. Either or, really.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Woman strangled to death by her headscarf   Woman strangled to death by her headscarf EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 1:39 am

Penguin wrote:

This seemed relevant:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Woman strangled to death by her headscarf   Woman strangled to death by her headscarf EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 2:08 am

Penguin wrote:

Considering all the urban legends out there about this sort of stuff especially. =/

In an update, it seems as though the park was actually running illegally as well, or at least they didn't have the right licenses in order to own the go karts (and out of the karts, they all seemed to have something wrong with them as well).
Back to top Go down
Ezri Dax
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ezri Dax

PostSubject: Re: Woman strangled to death by her headscarf   Woman strangled to death by her headscarf EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 2:44 pm

The health and safety for go-carting should be reviewed to say that any scarves and necklaces should be removed before getting into the cart... that way it can't happen again.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Woman strangled to death by her headscarf   Woman strangled to death by her headscarf EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 2:49 pm

Ezri Dax wrote:
The health and safety for go-carting should be reviewed to say that any scarves and necklaces should be removed before getting into the cart... that way it can't happen again.
Which would mean that it would be discrimination against those who must wear them, though. Thats the fun part. :D
Back to top Go down
Ezri Dax
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ezri Dax

PostSubject: Re: Woman strangled to death by her headscarf   Woman strangled to death by her headscarf EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 2:54 pm

Jesus. wrote:
Ezri Dax wrote:
Which would mean that it would be discrimination against those who must wear them, though. Thats the fun part. :D

Well, if it caused Muslim outrage, it would only show everyone else that the Muslims care little for the safety of their women. But then, they could always issue a fatwa stating that it is a religious offence for a woman to go-cart. Nothing would surprise me. Health and Safety rules are Heath and Safety rules, and should be adhered to by everyone regardless of their religion.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Woman strangled to death by her headscarf   Woman strangled to death by her headscarf EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 2:57 pm

Ezri Dax wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
Ezri Dax wrote:

Well, if it caused Muslim outrage, it would only show everyone else that the Muslims care little for the safety of their women. But then, they could always issue a fatwa stating that it is a religious offence for a woman to go-cart. Nothing would surprise me. Health and Safety rules are Heath and Safety rules, and should be adhered to by everyone regardless of their religion.

Oh, you. I love you. Please never leave.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Woman strangled to death by her headscarf   Woman strangled to death by her headscarf EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:16 pm

InkWeaver wrote:
Ezri Dax wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
Ezri Dax wrote:

Oh, you. I love you. Please never leave.

In his defense, that last sentence is pure truth. Razz

The rest, eh, I'll just have to step up my game.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Woman strangled to death by her headscarf   Woman strangled to death by her headscarf EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:40 pm

Ezri Dax wrote:
Or they could be, you know, tucked in where they can't catch on anything (same as long hair).
Back to top Go down
kuroineko

kuroineko

PostSubject: Re: Woman strangled to death by her headscarf   Woman strangled to death by her headscarf EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:54 pm

I read a case some years back about a girl who had her scalp torn off when her really long braid got caught in her cart. So yea, long flapping objects? Really bad for go-karts.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Woman strangled to death by her headscarf   Woman strangled to death by her headscarf EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 9:52 pm

kuroineko wrote:
I read a case some years back about a girl who had her scalp torn off when her really long braid got caught in her cart. So yea, long flapping objects? Really bad for go-karts.
I read about that. Woman strangled to death by her headscarf 309696
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Woman strangled to death by her headscarf   Woman strangled to death by her headscarf EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 8:06 am

Ezri Dax wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
Ezri Dax wrote:

To be fair, she wouldn't have had this problem if she had been wearing a bhurka.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Woman strangled to death by her headscarf   Woman strangled to death by her headscarf EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 8:09 am

Jay/Cris wrote:
To be fair, she wouldn't have had this problem if she had been wearing a bhurka.

Actually, I'd say a burkha would dramatically increase the chances of serious injury and death around machinery. There's so much more cloth to catch on something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woman strangled to death by her headscarf   Woman strangled to death by her headscarf Empty

Back to top Go down

Woman strangled to death by her headscarf
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next