Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing Empty
PostSubject: I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing   I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 8:55 pm

So yeah.

The MSPA forums (why aren't you reading mspa why) are used as a place to start your own adventure where forumers submit suggestions to you to play the game you have devised for them.

And thus I am devising a game based off a nightmare I had.

Because I am prone to awful bouts of laziness I am preparing as much stuff as I can ahead of time as possible. Backgrounds, character designs, etc. I'm dumping them here partly to get input/suggestions, to stir up interest and to make myself get off my ass and do stuff.

I have 5 pages of notes on this crap, a plot loosely mapped out and all sorts of other crap.

The plot revolves around a project that is similar to Project MKULTRA, in which different drugs were administered to U.S. and Canadian citizens. The in-universe testing facility is sponsored by the CIA and U.S. army and the aim of the drug testing is to develop and study mind-control drugs and biological warfare. The main character, Nurse ___, is stationed to act as medical assistance to not only the test subjects, but to CIA employees and site administration. The story begins on a Monday when her shift starts and she is located in the office of her superior, gathering some minor files for him. Throughout the week she is exposed to the drug unwittingly through her tap/shower water and is trapped in the facility during a lock down after an accident in the bioweapons lab. Nearly everyone is contaminated and becomes diseased, mutating monsters as the week progresses.

You must survive.

And now some of the stuff I have done.
Backgrounds:
Spoiler:

Characters (while the backgrounds are done in photoshop, the characters were done in flash because it's easier to scribble in for fast updates):

Spoiler:

The extra characters will be pretty much drawn exactly the same if not similar because they are basically around just to be faceless masses that don't inspire too much regret when you murder them.

Ask me questions and bug me please. The more I have to expand on this universe, the better.

e: also colors randomly appearing is not a mistake, there's an obvious theme going here
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing   I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:36 pm

don't have a plot ready

people will blow that shit apart asap
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing   I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:54 pm

SirDixonDongs wrote:
don't have a plot ready

people will blow that shit apart asap

no shut up

It's just a really loose plot. Mostly just "this happens, then this, then this" but how you achieve it is totally up to the player. This mostly goes for puzzles but also just for mukking about. The whole first day is pretty much "explore what you can, bother everyone, take time to allow people to establish the character they want) Things will probably be changing a lot as I go on.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing   I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 6:04 am

1.) What's the relationship between the drug and the disease? Is there any at all?

2.) What does the drug do, specifically?

3.) What are the disease's symptoms?

4.) This sounds more like ARPA/DARPA gone wrong than the CIA.

5.) METAL GEAR!? FOX.... DIIIIIIE
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing   I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 9:31 am

1. What sort of relationship do you mean? Both are being used as weapons against the RED MENACE and are being tested in the same building for the sake of plot convenience.
2. The drug's purpose in the plot is just to fuck with the player by making things as weird and unpleasant as possible and to skew reality. Like a bad LSD trip or mescaline.
3. Vomiting, dizziness, swelling and pustules along the spinal cord, hysteria, hemorrhaging. In that order.
4. Wasn't around in 1953. The CIA did a project almost identical to this (MKULTRA) so I'm basing it a lot off of that.
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing   I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 10:02 am

Ah, at first it was unclear whether or not the drug caused the disease, which I think is what Penguin was getting at.

If we try a bunch of stupid shit just because we can, you're cool with that, right?

Edit: Oh, and how long do you imagine this adventure to be?
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing   I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 10:23 am

Miss Prince wrote:
Ah, at first it was unclear whether or not the drug caused the disease, which I think is what Penguin was getting at.

If we try a bunch of stupid shit just because we can, you're cool with that, right?

Edit: Oh, and how long do you imagine this adventure to be?

Oh, I see!

No, the drug exposure and the bioweapon being released are two separate events.

Yes, I will take dumb suggestions because I don't want this to be devoid of humor. While I don't want the whole thing to be a lolrandom clusterfuck, I also don't want it to be GRIMDARK BS.

RE: Length. I have no idea. It'll be a longer one, though.
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing   I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 11:23 am

will there be a saucy little musical number
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing   I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 12:14 pm

SirDixonDongs wrote:
will there be a saucy little musical number

Anything for you, dah-ling.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing   I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 3:28 pm

I need suggestions for room clutter/wall clutter, por favor
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing   I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 3:39 pm

knicknack shelves
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing   I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 6:41 pm

Bulletin board bluh

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing   I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:19 pm

1st floor is done.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing   I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:54 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing   I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 9:00 pm

Hahahaha I just wrote the ending just now.

I think it is delightfully horrible.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing   I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 10:15 pm

NOW HOW DO I PLAY
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing   I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 10:35 pm

InkWeaver wrote:
NOW HOW DO I PLAY

NOT READY YET

WAIT UNTIL AFTER FINALS

I STILL HAVE 2 MORE FLOORS TO DO

THEN:

WE PLAY
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing   I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:27 pm

whoops lemme just update this

Test.

toilet

more toilet

elevator, top floor edition

bluh bluh more eventually. This top floor is going to be a bitch
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing   I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 8:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hey guys, I'm considering doing at least one big flash (probably the intro) for this thing. So I made a music sample using loops and shit.

Is this horrible y/n

e: the RIAA isn't going to come after you if you download this, it's clean, it's an MP3 files.

ee: New version this is better.
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing   I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:54 am

Sorry, I didn't notice you'd made a new post until now.

I think it sounds good! I like the atmospheric change in the middle, and I like the low string melody at the beginning. The first half does go on for quite a while without any significant change in the music; my recommendation would be to introduce some kind of percussion part, maybe around the 0:37 mark or so, and fade it out when the mood changes.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing   I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:03 am

Thanks! Actually what I did (because hurp derp lazy) was just cut down on how long the song was, especially in the beginning.

also I have forgotten how bad I am at animation especially since I have no experience whatsoever so the flash update might not happen because I can't teach myself flash before the end of the semester, but it'll have music samples anyway because those are fun to make.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing   I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:08 am

I listened to the old version but forgot to comment, so I'll listen to the revised one here in a sec.

EDIT: Listened. Hmm. How long do you expect the cheery/normal part of the intro to go before it goes all sinister n' stuff?
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing   I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:45 am

Penguin wrote:
I listened to the old version but forgot to comment, so I'll listen to the revised one here in a sec.

EDIT: Listened. Hmm. How long do you expect the cheery/normal part of the intro to go before it goes all sinister n' stuff?

About 50 seconds now. The song is approximately 2 minutes.

Newest version:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

e: p.s. thanks for the help, guys. I love you
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing   I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:36 pm

I like the way you made it rhythmically more interesting... but the new part you added sounds really weird to me. Like it's in a totally different key O_o Maybe I'm hearing it wrong?

My other suggestion is that you could extend the fade out a bit more, get to the creaky swing sound and everything before it disappears completely. It might lend a little more "wait a minute, something isn't right" feel to the transition.
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing   I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 1:18 pm

After listening to it some more, the problem seems to be that the string melody is implying chord changes (modal chord changes, at that; it seems to end on bIII bVII I, which sounds pretty cool), but the new bit is just repeating without transposing.

What program are you using? If it's something I have, I could tinker with it a bit if you want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing   I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm doing an MSPaint Adventure/Choose Your Own Adventure thing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next