Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants

Go down 
+34
Psy-4
WD40
ZoZo
Somath Cegem
Jesus.
Bamshalam
tim gueguen
Azzandra
Lady Anne
KelinciHutan
Penguin
Just Chipper
Salamas
rachel
Garry
Jay/Cris
Raine
Mikey Go WOOGA
Grimley Fieendish
The Alien from Uranus
Ezri Dax
Dr. Professor Science
TheHedonist
Lysander
Dick Powers
EileenK98
Knorg
Carrion Crawler
Shisaiga
szaleniec
Spotts1701
Trioculus
Mafiosa
Maximilia
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
The Alien from Uranus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
The Alien from Uranus

New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 3:12 pm

Psy-4 wrote:
Am I the only one who noticed that the ban is for food preparation only? As in, salt and pepper shakers aren't going anywhere? As in, they want consumers to make decisions for themselves and have more control over what they eat.
Not if what they want REQUIRES salt.

Maximilia wrote:
I think what's bothering me so much here is that not only is salt needed in some dishes--I'm thinking cakes here, but weirdy can probably think of other dishes where it's required--but how would they even enforce this? Video cameras in the kitchens? Surprise salt raids on restaurants?
Dr. Professor Science wrote:
Salt plays a chemical role in the making of a lot of foods.

And you might think, "Well, THAT's ridiculous! Of course, they only mean salt adding during preparation for seasoning, right?"

A10129 Text wrote:

3 S 399-BBB. PROHIBITION ON SALT; RESTAURANTS. 1. NO OWNER OR OPERATOR
4 OF A RESTAURANT IN THIS STATE SHALL USE SALT IN ANY FORM IN THE PREPARA-
5 TION OF ANY FOOD FOR CONSUMPTION BY CUSTOMERS OF SUCH RESTAURANT,
6 INCLUDING FOOD PREPARED TO BE CONSUMED ON THE PREMISES OF SUCH RESTAU-
7 RANT OR OFF OF SUCH PREMISES.

Hurr, nope. No distinction made whatsoever. Your dish requires salt to make it work? LOLOL YOU CAN'T SERVE IT! So, essentially, they ARE trying to tell people what they can and cannot eat or serve, which is ludicrous.
Back to top Go down
Shisaiga
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Shisaiga

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 3:18 pm

Psy-4 wrote:
Am I the only one who noticed that the ban is for food preparation only? As in, salt and pepper shakers aren't going anywhere? As in, they want consumers to make decisions for themselves and have more control over what they eat?

This bill fucks around with the kitchen and makes chef's job unnecessarily harder, and was probably written by someone who can't cook. That's why you need to hate on the bill, not because you have enough braincells to read "Salt Ban", but not enough to comprehend what it actually bans.

Mafiosa wrote:
Well, thank god the government is making my decisions for me.

Fuck you, assclowns, don't fuck with my food. That's the only reason I live anymore.
Shisaiga wrote:
What the hell? A lot of food tastes disgusting or bland without salt.
Carrion Crawler wrote:
Fuck you, NYC, just fook yew. There's never enough salt in my food anyway; what would I have to do, carry a shaker with me everywhere I go?
EileenK98 wrote:
This is beyond ridiculous. You can not legislate health. Wanting consumers to make better food choices does not translate into taking the choice away from them.
Ezri Dax wrote:
I guess that means that restraunts selling crisps (americans call them potato chips) wouldn't be allowed to any more because they contain salt? Epic fail. The state has no right to tell people what they may and may not consume, if it is a free country then that also includes the freedom to choose what to eat.

Behold the fucktards.

Have you ever cooked anything besides instant noodles? A lot of foods need the salt added before/while cooking. When you add the salt later, on the plate, it doesn't taste the same.
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 4:09 pm

Seriously Psy, boil a new potato in plain water, sprinkle some salt on it after you take it out, and tell us how it tastes.
Back to top Go down
The Alien from Uranus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
The Alien from Uranus

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 4:11 pm

Shisaiga wrote:
Have you ever cooked anything besides instant noodles? A lot of foods need the salt added before/while cooking. When you add the salt later, on the plate, it doesn't taste the same.
Even if he has cooked instant noodles, he still ought to know that putting the seasoning packet in while cooking the noodles makes them taste better than when adding the seasoning at the end.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 4:30 pm

The Alien from Uranus wrote:
Not if what they want REQUIRES salt.
Shisaiga wrote:
Sutremaine wrote:
Seriously Psy, boil a new potato in plain water, sprinkle some salt on it after you take it out, and tell us how it tastes.
Oh, what is this shit? What are you arguing with me about now? On whether or not this bill should pass or even be considered?

Of course it isn't, I already said so(you either can't read, or are tripping over yourself to assume that I oppose you on the topic). It's an attempt at consumer empowerment, but just isn't doing it right. Proposed by someone who doesn't know what's going on in the kitchen, and doesn't know that salt isn't just for seasoning.

Instead, people assume that the government wants to fuck with your menu, as opposed to hamfistedly trying to be nice.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 5:59 pm

ZoZo wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
Dude, no. NO. NO

Dude. I NEED my salt man. Fuck you, my city. FUCK YOU. MY PERIOD WILL LASH OUT WITH A VENGEANCE AND SUCK ALL THE SODIUM CHLORIDE OUT OF YOU LIKE A GREAT BLACK HOLE OF DEATH FOR DENYING ME MY PRECIOUS.

...New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 3 309696

So glad I'm on a different continent from you right now.

Question, I'm assuming this is just one nut bar councilman or what ever, was has been quoted on something daft and is now being mercilessly torn apart by his peers in a chance for them to one up him. So that fact being a given, why is this godawful news?

THEY MUST KEEP THEIR HANDS OFF OUR SALT! FREEEEEEEDOM!

As an aside, does anyone else thing McDonalds chips are absolutely rubbish now you have to add your own salt from the little packets? I find I end up with about 85% miserably tasteless chips and 15% saltier than merman's jizz.

We settled this in 1776, THEY ARE CALLED "FRIES!!1!"

And it's referred to as "garbage" by people who are better than you. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CHIPS CHIPS CHIPS RUBBISH CHIPS PAVEMENT BLOODY SODDING WANKER.

. . .

I think we call it pavement over here too. Colbert Are you referring to the hard stuff they use to make roads 'n' shit? Colbert
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 6:14 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
Dude, no. NO. NO

Dude. I NEED my salt man. Fuck you, my city. FUCK YOU. MY PERIOD WILL LASH OUT WITH A VENGEANCE AND SUCK ALL THE SODIUM CHLORIDE OUT OF YOU LIKE A GREAT BLACK HOLE OF DEATH FOR DENYING ME MY PRECIOUS.

...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Question, I'm assuming this is just one nut bar councilman or what ever, was has been quoted on something daft and is now being mercilessly torn apart by his peers in a chance for them to one up him. So that fact being a given, why is this godawful news?

As an aside, does anyone else thing McDonalds chips are absolutely rubbish now you have to add your own salt from the little packets? I find I end up with about 85% miserably tasteless chips and 15% saltier than merman's jizz.

And it's referred to as "garbage" by people who are better than you. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

. . .

I think we call it pavement over here too. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Are you referring to the hard stuff they use to make roads 'n' shit? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nope. She's talking about a sidewalk. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 7:12 pm

myeerah wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
Dude, no. NO. NO

. . .

I think we call it pavement over here too. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Are you referring to the hard stuff they use to make roads 'n' shit? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nope. She's talking about a sidewalk. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No, NO, god damn it. You limey fools fuck up everything. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pavement is the stuff the sidewalk is made out of. A SIDEWALK IS PAVEMENT LAID DOWN FOR PEDESTRIANS TO WALK ALONGSIDE OF THE ROAD!

WHICH IS ALSO MADE OF PAVEMENT!1!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Edit: Let's see how big this quote pyramid can get. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 7:25 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
myeerah wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
Dude, no. NO. NO

. . .

No, NO, god damn it. You limey fools fuck up everything. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pavement is the stuff the sidewalk is made out of. A SIDEWALK IS PAVEMENT LAID DOWN FOR PEDESTRIANS TO WALK ALONGSIDE OF THE ROAD!

WHICH IS ALSO MADE OF PAVEMENT!1!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Edit: Let's see how big this quote pyramid can get. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

qtiyd
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 3:26 am

SirDixonDongs wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
myeerah wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
Dude, no. NO. NO

. . .

qtiyd
It could get bigger. And it's called a pavement because it's made out of pavement presumably.

Oh, and Americans suck at crisps. Really badly. No choice there whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 8:41 am

A friend of mine and I had a great laugh about this for like, five minutes. Of course, our over active imaginations led us to imagine Black Salt Markets and involved a lot of smiley abuse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3