Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants

Go down 
+34
Psy-4
WD40
ZoZo
Somath Cegem
Jesus.
Bamshalam
tim gueguen
Azzandra
Lady Anne
KelinciHutan
Penguin
Just Chipper
Salamas
rachel
Garry
Jay/Cris
Raine
Mikey Go WOOGA
Grimley Fieendish
The Alien from Uranus
Ezri Dax
Dr. Professor Science
TheHedonist
Lysander
Dick Powers
EileenK98
Knorg
Carrion Crawler
Shisaiga
szaleniec
Spotts1701
Trioculus
Mafiosa
Maximilia
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 4:21 am

Dr. Professor Science wrote:
FUCK YEAH NO MORE BREAD.
Looks like Passover will never...

... pass over.

Yeah

EDIT: boy, i bet you restaurant regulars sure feel insalted.

Last edited by Just Chipper on Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 4:25 am

rachel wrote:
Will you all chill out? It isn't New York City proposing this, it's one assemblyman proposing it because he got a bee in his bonnet due to his dad's health problems. I'll be very surprised if his proposal even comes to a vote, let alone is enacted or enforced.

To be fair, he's acting like a typical New York politician.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 4:38 am

rachel wrote:
Will you all chill out?
Where's the fun in that?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 7:12 am

So, Chinese and Indian restaurants are in serious trouble with this one. Pizza places, too.

...Yeah, I don't see this actually getting enacted.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:14 am

Salt plays a chemical role in the making of a lot of foods. Bread, for one. Without it, bread is impossible.

FUCK YEAH NO MORE BREAD.
Not true, actually. I never add salt when I bake bread, and it comes out just fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:26 am

Lady Anne wrote:
Salt plays a chemical role in the making of a lot of foods. Bread, for one. Without it, bread is impossible.

FUCK YEAH NO MORE BREAD.
Not true, actually. I never add salt when I bake bread, and it comes out just fine.
Maybe it's just... some types of bread? Fuck I don't know any more.
Back to top Go down
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 1:11 pm

Lady Anne wrote:

FUCK YEAH NO MORE BREAD.
Maybe it's just... some types of bread? Fuck I don't know any more.

I seem to vaguely recall that it USED to play an important role before... fuck, I don't know. Something changed. I'm not going to research this, I don't even like bread.
Back to top Go down
tim gueguen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 6:29 pm

Shisaiga wrote:
What the hell? A lot of food tastes disgusting or bland without salt.

... wait, I thought people were joking when they said there was too much salt in American food. So what, do they use tons of salt on everything, or how can that even be a health issue?

No, the amount of salt/sodium in a lot of North American food is a problem. Specifically restaurant fast food and processed foods. Even more interesting is the fact that the Canadian versions of many processed foods tend to have more salt than those sold elsewhere according to a study released last year. For example the same serving of All Bran cereal in Canada has several times the amount of sodium as the American market version. A Burger King bacon doublecheeseburger in Canada has 3.7 grams of salt in it versus 3 grams in the American version. Its not uncommon to see people put even more salt onto food that is already salty in the first place.
Back to top Go down
http://timgueguen.blogspot.com
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:42 pm

tim gueguen wrote:
Shisaiga wrote:

... wait, I thought people were joking when they said there was too much salt in American food. So what, do they use tons of salt on everything, or how can that even be a health issue?

No, the amount of salt/sodium in a lot of North American food is a problem. Specifically restaurant fast food and processed foods. Even more interesting is the fact that the Canadian versions of many processed foods tend to have more salt than those sold elsewhere according to a study released last year. For example the same serving of All Bran cereal in Canada has several times the amount of sodium as the American market version. A Burger King bacon doublecheeseburger in Canada has 3.7 grams of salt in it versus 3 grams in the American version. Its not uncommon to see people put even more salt onto food that is already salty in the first place.
Thiiiiiiiis.

I personally think the salt ban is incredibly stupid (even as someone who has to watch her salt intake, I fucking add salt to food. Everyone does.) but the amount of salt that the average American unwittingly eats astounds me. There should definitely be more regulation on how much salt is put into processed and fast foods, because no one needs to be eating 108% of their daily intake of an unhealthy substance in like, a single subway sub.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:07 am

Bamshalam wrote:
tim gueguen wrote:
Shisaiga wrote:

Thiiiiiiiis.

I personally think the salt ban is incredibly stupid (even as someone who has to watch her salt intake, I fucking add salt to food. Everyone does.) but the amount of salt that the average American unwittingly eats astounds me. There should definitely be more regulation on how much salt is put into processed and fast foods, because no one needs to be eating 108% of their daily intake of an unhealthy substance in like, a single subway sub.

That's only the daily value of a 2000 calorie diet, I'd wager. When you're a super badass muscley manly man athlete like Mikey, you eat closer to 3500 calories. Razz Razz Razz

Also, I LOVE salt. Like, I'd probably marry it if there weren't laws against such things. It keeps Mikey hydrated and Mikey likes to be hydrated. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Carrion Crawler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Carrion Crawler

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:43 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Also, I LOVE salt. Like, I'd probably marry it if there weren't laws against such things. It keeps Mikey hydrated and Mikey likes to be hydrated. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Salt is God's gift to potatoes, there's never quite enough on m'fries. I've heard it alleged that taste for salt is affected in utero by the mother's salt consumption; if so than DAMN, my momma had some pretzels a couple of times.
Back to top Go down
tim gueguen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:55 am

I like salty tastes, but I'm starting to think more and more about the amount I eat. Its kind of disturbing when you look at the amount of salt that is in certain things, like the Uncle Ben's Bistro Express microwave rice entrees, which contain 50 percent of the recommended daily salt intake, and each package is intended for one person.
Back to top Go down
http://timgueguen.blogspot.com
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 11:01 am

Dude, no. NO. NO

Dude. I NEED my salt man. Fuck you, my city. FUCK YOU. MY PERIOD WILL LASH OUT WITH A VENGEANCE AND SUCK ALL THE SODIUM CHLORIDE OUT OF YOU LIKE A GREAT BLACK HOLE OF DEATH FOR DENYING ME MY PRECIOUS.

...New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 2 309696
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 11:48 am

Jesus. wrote:
Dude, no. NO. NO

Dude. I NEED my salt man. Fuck you, my city. FUCK YOU. MY PERIOD WILL LASH OUT WITH A VENGEANCE AND SUCK ALL THE SODIUM CHLORIDE OUT OF YOU LIKE A GREAT BLACK HOLE OF DEATH FOR DENYING ME MY PRECIOUS.

So glad I'm on a different continent from you right now.

Question, I'm assuming this is just one nut bar councilman or what ever, was has been quoted on something daft and is now being mercilessly torn apart by his peers in a chance for them to one up him. So that fact being a given, why is this godawful news?
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:06 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
Dude, no. NO. NO

Question, I'm assuming this is just one nut bar councilman or what ever, was has been quoted on something daft and is now being mercilessly torn apart by his peers in a chance for them to one up him. So that fact being a given, why is this godawful news?

First, NYC has a history of regulating whatever the fuck they want regardless of personal freedom or common sense (see: Trans fat ban). Second, someone in a position of authority and some power attempted to make a ridiculous restriction. I'm sorry he didn't make your puppy-raping, WoW-gameplay standards of awfulness.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:14 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
Dude, no. NO. NO

THEY MUST KEEP THEIR HANDS OFF OUR SALT! FREEEEEEEDOM!

As an aside, does anyone else thing McDonalds chips are absolutely rubbish now you have to add your own salt from the little packets? I find I end up with about 85% miserably tasteless chips and 15% saltier than merman's jizz.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:17 pm

Penguin wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
Dude, no. NO. NO

First, NYC has a history of regulating whatever the fuck they want regardless of personal freedom or common sense (see: Trans fat ban). Second, someone in a position of authority and some power attempted to make a ridiculous restriction. I'm sorry he didn't make your puppy-raping, WoW-gameplay standards of awfulness.
Actually, he's right. I mean, I think its only in NY where chains have to display the calories in each peice of food they have? And I'm 99% sure theyre laying anywho. That and, I think the smoking bans? Which make me endlessly happy but still. Personal freedom and common sense. Whoo NYC.

@Zozo- you must be going to the wrong McDs. The ones near me are 500 (so they claim) calories of hot oily salty goodness NOM.

Though yes sometimes I do have to add salt. but thats only because i be craving extra saaalt.

Can you tell I'm a salt fiend saaaaaaaaalt.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 3:35 pm

Saaaaaaaalt?

Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 3:45 pm

Saaaaaaaalt?

\[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:06 pm

ZoZo wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
Dude, no. NO. NO

As an aside, does anyone else thing McDonalds chips are absolutely rubbish now you have to add your own salt from the little packets? I find I end up with about 85% miserably tasteless chips and 15% saltier than merman's jizz.

We settled this in 1776, THEY ARE CALLED "FRIES!!1!"

And it's referred to as "garbage" by people who are better than you. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 3:28 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
Dude, no. NO. NO

And it's referred to as "garbage" by people who are better than you. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CHIPS CHIPS CHIPS RUBBISH CHIPS PAVEMENT BLOODY SODDING WANKER.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants   New York Proposes a "Salt Ban" in Restaurants - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 4:56 am

ZoZo wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
Dude, no. NO. NO

CHIPS CHIPS CHIPS RUBBISH CHIPS PAVEMENT BLOODY SODDING WANKER.