Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mass Effect 2

Go down 
+13
Meshakhad
Lysander
Yorokobi
Electron Blue
Mafiosa
TheHermit
Reidmar
Mikey Go WOOGA
WD40
Penguin
Dr Duck
Dick Powers
VileCorp
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

Mass Effect 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 4:39 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
She also had the best line in the game that didn't come from Joker.

"I want you to know I'm running a fever, I can't stop coughing, and my sinuses are filled with something I can't even begin to describe. It was worth it."

I'm a bit partial to the conversation Garrus and Tali have if you bring them both to the Citadel. Especially because during it Garrus sounds like the best possible combination of Mass Effect 2 - Page 2 961878 and Trollface .

ETA: Found it!
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 4:56 pm

. . .

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's too bad Garrus and Tali were only particularly effective against mechs (Tali especially), and not EVERYTHING else in the game. I want an excuse to take them out for every mission. Mass Effect 2 - Page 2 611762
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:07 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
. . .

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's too bad Garrus and Tali were only particularly effective against mechs (Tali especially), and not EVERYTHING else in the game. I want an excuse to take them out for every mission. Mass Effect 2 - Page 2 611762

I'm certain there's a reason you didn't hold onto 10 squad points to max out Armor-Piercing Ammo as soon as you finished Garrus' loyalty quest, but I'll damned if I can think of it. Both my Soldier and my Infiltrator took it for their extra skill, it freakin' rocks. (Side note: My Sentinel took Reave instead, because it's better than Warp in every conceivable way)
Back to top Go down
Meshakhad

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:04 am

I didn't like the thermal clips - I actually liked the overheating system. I hope they go for a hybrid of the two in ME3, so I never have to switch to another weapon because my sniper rifle is out of ammo.

That said, this is still my current favorite game of all time.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 12:16 pm

The fact that weapons didn't have a way to discharge heat without thermal clips was rather odd. A hybrid might do the trick: You have a much higher rate of fire with them, but when you run out, you have to wait for the heat to dissipate through conventional means.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 4:48 pm

I have nothing of substance to add to this except to say that I have a lady-boner for both Garrus and Thane.

I will now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:49 pm

Meshakhad wrote:
I didn't like the thermal clips - I actually liked the overheating system. I hope they go for a hybrid of the two in ME3, so I never have to switch to another weapon because my sniper rifle is out of ammo.

It's funny: in my soldier play-through I loved the thermal clips. I liked knowing that I could switch weapons to fit whatever the situation needed without gimping myself by spreading my ammo mods too thin, and that the game totally had my back by supporting exactly this style of play by giving ammo for everything with every clip pick-up. It was a nice change from ME1 and its "fighting in close range with a sniper rifle sucks, but I need to kill 80 more dudes with it to get my achievement".

In my Infiltrator run, thermal clips pissed me right the fuck off. I'm playing an Infiltrator for one reason: I want to shoot people in the face from the other side of the room (well, two things; going invisible, running behind the last enemy on the map, and lighting him up at point blank range is a hoot). I cannot shoot people in the face for very long when my sniper rifle only has 14 bullets and only gets back 1 or 2 with each ammo pick-up.

In light of this, I'd love it if ME3 included as an option in customizing your weapons; either use ME2 thermal clips or ME1 heatsinks depending on the weapon type and your personal preferences.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 10:13 am

Ugh. I'm trying to get another ME1 game going to import a different Shepard background into ME2, and I forgot what an utter, overwhelming slog ME1 can be in the beginning. I wish the pre-release rumors about being able to customize your past in ME2 were true.

Also, I wanted an excuse to post this somewhere.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 6:39 pm

Penguin wrote:
Ugh. I'm trying to get another ME1 game going to import a different Shepard background into ME2, and I forgot what an utter, overwhelming slog ME1 can be in the beginning. I wish the pre-release rumors about being able to customize your past in ME2 were true.

If you're playing the PC version, might I suggest [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Their database of saves is getting pretty comprehensive. Shame about having to use a really screwed-up backdoor method to change the name, but eh, it never comes up except for the level up screen anyway.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 6:46 pm

Nope, 360. My attempt at building a gaming rig was a massive pile of fail, and I'm pretty sure this machine can't handle ME2.
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:05 pm

mass effect

more like

ass effect Yeah
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:43 pm

Penguin wrote:

Also, I wanted an excuse to post this somewhere.

Wasn't Bosh'tet closer to bastard than bro? scratch
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:44 pm

Yes. Who cares?
Back to top Go down
Electron Blue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Electron Blue

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 5:10 pm

ME1 definitely needed some work on the beginning - about 70% of your dialogue options from from the end of Eden Prime to becoming a Spectre were the same damn lines. Also needed less FUCKING sudden deaths from FUCKING rockets and FUCKING charging krogan. Even Insanity on ME2 wasn't as horrible as ME1 on Normal, though that might just be because of the goddamn thirty-second death screen on ME1.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 2:19 am

TheHermit wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
. . .

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm certain there's a reason you didn't hold onto 10 squad points to max out Armor-Piercing Ammo as soon as you finished Garrus' loyalty quest, but I'll damned if I can think of it. Both my Soldier and my Infiltrator took it for their extra skill, it freakin' rocks. (Side note: My Sentinel took Reave instead, because it's better than Warp in every conceivable way)

I MISSED THIS THE FIRST TIME THROUGH THE THREAD!

And the second and third and shut up. Colbert

I took Warp Ammo off of Jack. And evolved it into Squad Warp Ammo. That made Squad Warp, Incendiary, and Disruptor ammo. It's satisfying to know you are prepared to dominate every fucking thing in the game including those buttfucking, barrier spamming Collectors.

They must have shit virtual brix the first time I showed up with Warp Ammo. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 7:14 pm

I evolved everyone's biotic abilities into area effect shit storms so that I can unleash unholy hell when I find a group of baddies together.

Pull, Push, Warp, Reave then get Mordin to glow their asses up because that's how we roll! We ain't stopping until the floor is painted in all the colors of the galaxy...colors of blood that is.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 11:16 am

I swear to fucking God I'm gonna find out whoever decided that respawning Varren in the ME1 DLC would be an awesome idea and I am going to stomp on their balls until their grandpas feel it
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 10:17 am

Back to top Go down
Electron Blue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Electron Blue

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 3:38 pm

Psy-4 wrote:
I LOVE YOU BRO
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 7:38 pm

Disclaimer: not made by me.

Also, ManShep comments on the situation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 2
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2