Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.

Go down 
+25
fapfapfap
Lexin
rae
TheHermit
ZOOLANDER
bleachedblackcat
Jenny Islander
Miss Prince
Dick Powers
VB
Fitchsticks
grmblfjx
Knight
Raziel the Wise
A_Note_Chaotic
Chris91
Delcat
Ceres
gaijinguy
DarthDarthington
Sheba
Trivia
DeeDee
Verandering
Malganis
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

"Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. Empty
PostSubject: "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.   "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 10:00 am

Gor -- it's not just a series of bad sword-and-sorcery novels anymore!

"Gorean Living" is one such site advertising the exciting and erotic lifestyle of the illustrious dwellers of Gor! No longer is the phrase 'Gorean' a ridiculous made-up word that sounds vaguely like some new and horrible STD -- it is now all that AND an alternative lifestyle, as well. Smile

The Gorean Lifestyle website's entry page is proudly emblazoned with a quotation from one of the Gor novels:

Quote :
"He is Master and I am slave.
He is owner and I am owned.
He is to be pleased and I am to please.
Why is this?
Because he is Master and I am slave."

OOOOH, that circular logic gets me all hot and bothered! It's circular... like... like... like bondage, baby!

Let's see what's inside, shall we?

Quote :
On this site, you will find facts and thoughts specifically pertaining to Gorean philosophy , Gorean culture and the application of such to real life here on Earth.

...Okay.

Quote :
It should be pointed out that slavery , while an accepted institution within Gorean culture, is not at all necessary to being Gorean .

Which is good for Goreans, I suppose, since last time I checked, slavery is illegal here. Rolling Eyes

Quote :
I have never been "collared", "owned" or "trained" online.

Is that sort of like earning an online degree? Do you get ownership or 'training completed' papers that you can print out and frame?

Quote :
All my experiences, as a single free woman, a free companion and as a slave, training, serving, dancing and collars have been real time, in person, in real life. ... The only sites you will find linked here are those that deal with the lifestyle in REAL LIFE.

This is the REAL THING, baby!

Quote :
If you are looking for chat rooms for role playing, "taverns", or someplace to learn how to "post a perfect serve", you are wasting your time here.

Translation: Go back to playing World of Warcraft, bitches, and leave Gor to the REAL ADULTS.

Okay, with that said, let's check out the philosophy page, shall we?

...Oh, wow, the graphic design on that page is making my eyes bleed. Maybe viewing it is a punishment reserved for rebellious slaves. If it is, it's certainly effective.

*struggles mightly... LIKE A GOREAN WARRIOR... to read the page*

Quote :
Much of the philosophy revolves around the idea that everyone is not equal to one another, but that we are all different, most especially males and females. Within the books, these differences are not suppressed, concealed or reviled, but rather, celebrated.

It is understood and accepted that a warrior is not necessarily a poet, a scribe is not a metalworker, and woman is not a man, nor should they be expected to be. Each individual has their own place within society based on their innate abilities, talents, personality and nature.

It is recognized that men, on the whole, tend to be the naturally more dominant, logical, larger and physically stronger of the human species and that women generally tend to be more submissive, nurturing, emotional, smaller and physically weaker. With that in mind, gender roles within the Gorean construct are that of men as the leaders and women as the followers, for the most part.

Contrary to many people's beliefs, the philosophies DO support the idea that, while these are the norms, they are not absolutes any more than the misguided idea that all are the same.

For instance, some women are natural leaders, physically strong (even stronger than most men), have a good grasp of logic, or other traits most often considered male traits, just as there are men who are truly submissive in nature and just don't have it in them to lead and men who would much rather be caregivers than fighters or hunters. They are the exceptions that prove the rule. Regardless of whether one falls within the expected norms or not, Gorean philosophy indicates that one should embrace what and who one truly is.

The majority of those who seem to fall outside the natural norms actually do not, but rather, have subscribed too long to societal teachings that encourage the stifling of natural behaviors and thinking in favor of simulated equality and have developed habits and views that suppress and circumvent our true natures.

Wow, this is deep philosophy for third-rate pulp novels that feature visual masturbatory aids on their covers. "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. 611762

Now, what's "What does it mean to be Gorean" all about...?

Quote :
Honor - Having and holding to the dictates of a clear sense of right and wrong, personal integrity, justice, both in one's personal dealings with self, God (defined as whatever higher power (s)/force(s) one claims, if any),

Gor. It's like AA/NA, in a way.

Quote :
There is no honor in being an "armchair warrior".. and ALL, regardless of "caste" or status, are called to be warriors when there is a worthy battle to be fought.

"And on Saturday, from 12:30 to 3:00, we shall fight a WORTHY BATTLE... behind Rick's house, in the woods. Remember, guys, bring your own LARPing costumes and plastic swords. I'm not responsible for your gear!"

Anyway, let's learn about Gorean slavery, shall we?

Quote :
It is what initially attracts many, if not most, to the Gorean lifestyle, and so I feel it should be included on this site, if for no other reason than to warn some away.

...I believe that FAR too many go into this with their eyes glazed over and romantic dreams of the fairy tale "slavery" in their heads.

Would-be slaves often dream of days spent primping, preening, and being shown off and nights of being "forced" to one "slave orgasm" after another.

They aren't thinking of cleaning toilets, catboxes and yards, washing dishes, taking out the garbage, or the often seemingly ceaseless waiting and lonliness.

Basically, real life with some stupid fantasy-lifestyle shit thrown in?

No, actually it's EVEN MOAR SRS BZNS THAN THAT...

Quote :
They may fantasize about being "forced" to go without panties, wear a corset, chastity device or gag, or have an owner choose their clothes for them, but the fact that they may be forbidden to speak for days, weeks of months on end, denied any sexual release and forced to throw away their favorite pair of jeans, or the shirt their grandmother gave them before she died has never crossed their minds.

It doesn't occur to them that their master could decide that his pleasure would be better served if his slave gave up custody of her children.

Or perhaps had a hysterectomy or abortion because he doesn't want children.

The fact is that slavery within the Gorean construct is absolute !

It is not a game, it is not a fantasy and it is FAR from easy!!

Slavery based on a make-believe fantasy world is HARDCORE, yo.

Oh, and KhaoticWolfKatMoonBatSlave, we call the above... spousal/partner abuse. It's not "Gorean slavery", it already has a name for it. Sorry.

Quote :
This isn't to say that most Gorean slaves are never allowed these things, but it DOES mean that once the collar goes on, that is it. It's a done deal.

And even if agreements are made before the collar is placed, the owner has no obligation to stick to them.

Our legal system would say otherwise about this whole 'master/slave' thing, you know.

Quote :
A word about *Owning* slaves...

Before I close, let me not neglect the path of slave ownership!

Neither is this an easy path!
Granted, yours is, in some ways, less frought with risk, especially with regard to the risk of failure, but there are pitfalls for the free as well.

Like, legal pitfalls, maybe?

Okay, enough of that site, let's check out some other Gorean-themed stuff.

...Like Gorean Personals, which bring together Goreans around the world for fun, frolicing, and non-legal slavery! It's kinda like eHarmony, just with bad fantasy novels as a basis. Smile

Here's a review!

Quote :
"I found this site to be a fabulous resource to the community. Two thumbs up!" - Gorean Ebert

...What?

Okay, enough of that. Welcome to the wacky world of... GOR.

Last edited by Malganis on Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

"Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.   "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 10:39 am

So... It's a less consensual, less safe, less fun version of D/s but with pseudo-fantasy new age bullshittery? And woman can NEVAR EVAR be Dom. Jesus that sounds boring as fuck. Who would bother with it?

Quote :
Our legal system would say otherwise about this whole 'master/slave' thing, you know.
Well, the way normal long term D/s relationships work is on a consensual contract. Signed by both partners. It has legal standing. It's not a contract about locking someone in for their entire life though.

Whatever these people are doing, doesn't sound right.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.   "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 11:36 am

Verandering wrote:
So... It's a less consensual, less safe, less fun version of D/s but with pseudo-fantasy new age bullshittery? And woman can NEVAR EVAR be Dom. Jesus that sounds boring as fuck. Who would bother with it?

It's kind of...interesting to observe how people on D/s sites react to that stuff.

Most D/s people are pretty sensible. Even people into Master/slave stuff seem to realize perfectly well that it only happens because the "slave" chooses to consent and wants to be there. M/s is still way too hardcore for me, and I kind have some issues with that kink, but whatever, you know?

It's interesting when Goreans and some of those more hardcore people throw themselves into the mix, though, especially since a lot sites have a lot of female dominants and male submissives/slaves. For the most part, people seem to stay in their own little camps, but it's always fun to see a female dominant get into it with one of those big, tough, Gorean dudes, especially if the dude has the nerve to suggest that women are naturally submissive.

The annoying thing about Goreans is that they take everything far too seriously. Like I said, most people can acknowledge that it's a fantasy. You might talk about training or owning someone, but it's based on fantasy, and, ideally, mutual enjoyment. Goreans seem to prefer the idea that their fantasy world is real, which is equal parts stupid and creepy.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.   "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 11:51 am

DeeDee wrote:
The annoying thing about Goreans is that they take everything far too seriously.

Ah, yeah, that's definitely it. It's the same kind of creepy as soulbonders; basically, people excusing normally inexcusable behaviour on something fictitious that they actively choose to believe, a lot of times with zeal. It's taking a bullet train straight down to batshitville.
Back to top Go down
Trivia

Trivia

PostSubject: Re: "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.   "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 2:45 pm

Quote :
And even if agreements are made before the collar is placed, the owner has no obligation to stick to them.

See, now, what is that. Why make agreements anyway, if that's the case?

This sounds like a really unsafe, pointless, destructive way to have a D/s relationship. Not to mention boring to keep up, geez.

I bet this it where those people come from that say you're not a "real/true submissive" if you don't sign your life away at first meeting, or if you maintain some kind of standards for your relationship/treatment/life's safety.
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.   "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 4:20 pm

Wow....what the hell kind of messed-up childhood do you have that as an adult you're only happy having zero autonomy whatsoever and being physically and sexually abused?
Back to top Go down
DarthDarthington
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DarthDarthington

PostSubject: Re: "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.   "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Wow. That's... really special. "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. 203843
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.   "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 12:36 am

Sheba wrote:
Wow....what the hell kind of messed-up childhood do you have that as an adult you're only happy having zero autonomy whatsoever and being physically and sexually abused?

This is why I'm thinking it's mostly a bunch of douchey guys who can barely have a pet like them let alone a member of the opposite gender. I haven't checked the personals site because I like living with the idea that it's a bunch of unanswered chauvinist pricks yelling into the wind.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.   "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 12:55 am

No women doms?

They can't help me realize my fantasy involving a blonde Nazi in a leather corset with handcuffs?

FUCK these guys.
Back to top Go down
Ceres
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ceres

PostSubject: Re: "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.   "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 1:05 am

Quote :
Well, the way normal long term D/s relationships
work is on a consensual contract. Signed by both partners. It has legal
standing. It's not a contract about locking someone in for their entire
life though.

Oh, such contracts have no legal standing. You can't give your permission to be abused. At best, they might work as a waiver of negligent, but not intentional acts. The more violent the crime, the less likely the consent will matter.

In fact, a clever prosecutor can gather all the evidence and prosecute, even if she doesn't want to press charges, because of public policy of protecting victims of domestic abuse. Creepy propaganda would be item number one of proof that she's suffering of battered person syndrome.

Contracts aren't magically legal. For example, paying $1000 to some dude to kill your wife is a contract, just not a legal one.

(First year law school student caveat: stuff may vary according to jurisdictions)
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.   "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 5:55 am

Ceres wrote:
Quote :
life though.

Oh, such contracts have no legal standing. You can't give your permission to be abused. At best, they might work as a waiver of negligent, but not intentional acts. The more violent the crime, the less likely the consent will matter.

Er... You're not understanding what I meant by that. I'm not saying they're legal in that they're legally "signing away their life" or something of the such. It's legal in that both parties are acknowledging that what they're doing is potentially harmful (and BTW, D/s does not automatically mean violent abuse- that's S&M, and S&M doesn't automatically mean gratuitous bloody violent physical abuse either, so watch your stereotypes and hyperbole) and that they know exactly what their boundaries are. It has as much legal standing as any consensual agreement between two cognitive civil people who have formally come to an agreement.

How much that is, I'm unsure, but it's not completely useless.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.   "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 10:32 am

Goreans are the collective Goofus of the D/s edition of Goofus and Gallant.

Yeah, I know, Highlights really IS going downhill.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.   "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 11:18 am

This thing just radiates stupidity and backward thinking on so many levels.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.   "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 3:14 pm

Verandering wrote:
Sheba wrote:

This is why I'm thinking it's mostly a bunch of douchey guys who can barely have a pet like them let alone a member of the opposite gender. I haven't checked the personals site because I like living with the idea that it's a bunch of unanswered chauvinist pricks yelling into the wind.

There are definitely some guys like that. But the submissive women set off my alarm bells sometimes, too. There are some people, and the Goreans fit into this, who seem to like D/s because they subscribe some rather rigid gender roles or, worse, seem to have some self-esteem issues. A good example would probably be the young woman I saw a while back on a D/s forum who was bemoaning the fact that she couldn't find a good dominant man--which, in her head, was a Prince Charming who would make her his kept woman while he took care of her every need and made all her decisions for her. She outright admitted that she didn't feel like she could take care of herself. It was interesting seeing everyone try to convince her how unrealistic her expectations were.

And then, because of the people like that, you start getting some ideas circulating around that, frankly, are unrealistic, risky, stupid, or, worst case scenario, possibly indicative of serious problems.

I actually got scared away for a bit because of that. I had to sit back and take comfort in the fact that I don't have any desire to be a "OMG! ~*~REAL SLAVE~*~" anyway.

Thankfully, there are plenty of people with some sense in them.

Delcat wrote:
Goreans are the collective Goofus of the D/s edition of Goofus and Gallant.

Yeah, I know, Highlights really IS going downhill.

"Gallant makes a point to communicate with his partner and tries to keep things fun. Goofus is in prison because his slave decided to have him charged for kidnapping and assault."
Back to top Go down
A_Note_Chaotic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.   "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 4:58 pm

Quote :

"Gallant makes a point to communicate with
his partner and tries to keep things fun. Goofus is in prison because
his slave decided to have him charged for kidnapping and assault."
Can I sig that, DeeDee?
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.   "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 5:04 pm

A_Note_Chaotic wrote:
Quote :

"Gallant makes a point to communicate with
his partner and tries to keep things fun. Goofus is in prison because
his slave decided to have him charged for kidnapping and assault."
Can I sig that, DeeDee?

You may. Smile
Back to top Go down
Raziel the Wise

PostSubject: Re: "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.   "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 11:48 pm

Fun folks, the Goreans. Crazy, but good to have on speed dial in case of really weird emergency. I also have a boot knife, a chart of the roundels of all the world's air forces, a copy of the Marilyn Monroe sex tape, and the original Russian lyrics to the national anthem of the former Soviet Union. And I make a mean banana omelet. Bring the rain. :suspect:
Back to top Go down
Knight
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Knight

PostSubject: Re: "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.   "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 1:18 am

Huh... So THAT'S what Gorean means. The name had always scared me off; for some reason I thought it was like some weird mix between Guro and Vore that somehow got even more disgusting. Compared to what I had imagined this doesn't seem nearly as sick. It is still sick, just not quite AS sick.

I mean, I suppose I can see where the appeal comes in here for the dominant one, but I just can't grasp where it comes in for the "slave".
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.   "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 7:46 am

Raziel the Wise wrote:
Fun folks, the Goreans. Crazy, but good to have on speed dial in case of really weird emergency. I also have a boot knife, a chart of the roundels of all the world's air forces, a copy of the Marilyn Monroe sex tape, and the original Russian lyrics to the national anthem of the former Soviet Union. And I make a mean banana omelet. Bring the rain. :suspect:

Given that the Soviet Union collapsed almost 19 years ago, I don't think having the lyrics to their old anthem is going to be of much help. "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. 611762
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.   "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 9:16 am

Chris91 wrote:
Raziel the Wise wrote:

Given that the Soviet Union collapsed almost 19 years ago, I don't think having the lyrics to their old anthem is going to be of much help. "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. 611762

Oh, but the rest of that strikes you as useful?
Back to top Go down
Knight
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Knight

PostSubject: Re: "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.   "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 10:28 am

grmblfjx wrote:
Chris91 wrote:
Raziel the Wise wrote:

Oh, but the rest of that strikes you as useful?

I dunno, that boot knife could be extremely useful when the revolution comes if you're quick enough to use it properly...
Back to top Go down
Fitchsticks
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Fitchsticks

PostSubject: Re: "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.   "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 11:03 am

Verandering wrote:
Ceres wrote:
Quote :
life though.

Er... You're not understanding what I meant by that. I'm not saying they're legal in that they're legally "signing away their life" or something of the such. It's legal in that both parties are acknowledging that what they're doing is potentially harmful (and BTW, D/s does not automatically mean violent abuse- that's S&M, and S&M doesn't automatically mean gratuitous bloody violent physical abuse either, so watch your stereotypes and hyperbole) and that they know exactly what their boundaries are. It has as much legal standing as any consensual agreement between two cognitive civil people who have formally come to an agreement.

How much that is, I'm unsure, but it's not completely useless.
In England, legally speaking, a court can decide that your consent, written or otherwise, doesn't count, although the cases are widely different. A woman can, for example, consent to her husband branding his initials on her arse, but in R v. Brown the court decided that a bunch of gay guys couldn't carry out D/s and S&M practices on each other in a sexual setting even though they had all consented. Apparently its okay if you're not homosexual performing that sort of thing 'within the sanctitiy of marriage' or some other bollocks. Because, well, JUST BECAUSE, OKAY?
This mainly relates to violence as you said, but it doesn't have to be very violent. In the UK you basically can't consent to anything much above a bruise.

Also:
Quote :
For instance, some women are natural leaders, physically strong (even stronger than most men), have a good grasp of logic
Luuuulz
Surely not? CAN THEY DO CROSSWORDS? ARE THEY ALLOWED TO VOTE?
Back to top Go down
VB
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
VB

PostSubject: Re: "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.   "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 11:55 am

I think I once knew a Gorean, before knowing what they were. It was when I was hostessing at a Mexican restaurant when I was seventeen, and one of the waitresses/bartenders was well known for being a "slave" to her boyfriend over in England. She would tell me all about their chats and roleplaying over the internet, "dancing" for him and such. But then one day she came into work limping obviously so we'd ask her what was wrong. She said "Master" had sent a man over to her house to punish her for something. The man had spanked her raw, according to her. To this day I have no clue if she was telling the truth or not, but it's still a possibilty that this woman let a strange man into her home to physically abuse her on the say so of a man she'd never met.

That said, I have to admit that I harbor some rather extreme M/s fantasies of my own. Have done all my life. I don't know if I could ever act them out to this degree, but they're definitely there. I have to wonder that if I were single, would I work up the guts to attend a play place or club that caters to the D/s lifestyle?
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.   "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 12:43 pm

Ceres wrote:
You can't give your permission to be abused.
You have no understanding of how D/s relationships work.What these people are doing is what Jack Chick thinks S&M is like. 
Back to top Go down
Fitchsticks
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Fitchsticks

PostSubject: Re: "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.   "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 12:45 pm

Oh gawd, the woman calls herself 'Khaos'.

Also she has a 12 year old daughter. Now. Making the decision to become a man's total obedient slave is one thing when you have no dependants. But if you're bringing an almost teenaged girl along with you? Surely you're forcing your own lifestyle onto her. I mean I'm pretty sure she's not having to do this Gorean bollocks as well but she's still witnessing you doing that every damn day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.   "Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy. Empty

Back to top Go down

"Gorean Living" -- Fantasy-themed BDSM without all the cool fantasy stuff that's only fantasy.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next