Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring!

Go down 
+8
grmblfjx
frostflowers
Penguin
Delcat
Rabid Badger
Raine
Somath Cegem
ZoZo
12 posters
AuthorMessage
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring! Empty
PostSubject: Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring!   Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring! EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 4:49 am

Our Hollow Earth is one of the biggest reserves of crazy on the internet. Let's have a quick look at their beliefs.

Quote :
Located at 87.7 degrees North and South Latitude are Polar Openings
that lead into the hollow interior of our planet where the Lost Ten Tribes of Israel today dwell
in perfect harmony, with life spans equal to those of the Methuselahs of the Bible,
whose only desire is to live in peace. Their flying saucers in defense of their
country at times are seen on our surface world. They don't come to destroy, they are waiting...

Well, that description doesn't sound all that peaceful to me. Waiting for what, you cry.

Quote :
Waiting for us to discover
that world peace is the only answer, not without God, but WITH Him.

We Must Prepare for Their Return...

Now, oddballs and loons would at this point prepare their tinfoil hats and banners saying, "WE WELCOME YOU, OVERLORD".

This site has a somewhat different attitude. This lot want to go on an expedition

Quote :
The North Pole Inner Earth Expedition is by far the most innovative and courageous exploration effort in modern times. We are unable to go to the Moon. We are decades away from manned exploration to Mars. This Expedition to the North Pole region is possible and within reach.

The interary for the voyage sounds mostly like a group of oceanographers are playing an elaborate hoax to get some data collected, apart from this little bit:

Quote :
Day Ten
Use completed human consciousness training to attract inner Earth presence
24-hour day of observation for Inner Earth contact

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the people who live inside earth are telepathic.

For a laugh, I'd recommend you read about the science. And once you're convinced, hand over your money. Deposits are due by December, totalling to $750000! We can't do it without your help!
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring!   Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring! EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 4:52 am

I know whats waiting for us under the polar ice.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yeah, no so eagar to go now are ya, daft religious bastards.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring!   Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring! EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 9:02 pm

Don't forget that Cthulhu is probably under the ocean waiting to surface too. =P
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring!   Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring! EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 9:16 pm

I thought Israel only had one Lost Tribe. Now you're telling me they've actually got nine more? Obviously, God needs to pay more attention to his chosen people if they keep wandering off like that.

I do so love conspiracy theory sites. They're like finding this box with dozens of different things in it that are in no way related, and you have to try and put them together so they make sense. But they never do, so you start filling in the gaps with bullshit and the next thing you know-BANG! You believe the Earth's hollow.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring!   Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring! EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 11:12 pm

Pfff, fuck donations. WUGWUH FIELD TRIP! SIGN UP NOW, THE BURROWING BEGINS TOMORRY!
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring!   Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring! EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 5:11 am

I'll totally go, Delly. I'll bring the beer! Lost tribes of Israel like beer, don't they?

Weirdest. Metaphor. Ever. Nice typo too.
Quote :
“For many years, we have been like blind men touching different parts of an elephant,” said U. of I. geologist Xiaodong Song. “Now, for the fist time, we have a sense of the entire elephant, and see what the inner core of Earth really looks like.”
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring!   Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring! EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 7:17 am

So apparently Xiaodong Song fists elephants.
Back to top Go down
frostflowers
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
frostflowers

PostSubject: Re: Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring!   Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring! EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 10:52 am

ZoZo wrote:
I'll totally go, Delly. I'll bring the beer! Lost tribes of Israel like beer, don't they?

Weirdest. Metaphor. Ever. Nice typo too.
Quote :
“For many years, we have been like blind men touching different parts of an elephant,” said U. of I. geologist Xiaodong Song. “Now, for the fist time, we have a sense of the entire elephant, and see what the inner core of Earth really looks like.”
Isn't this a reference to that old story of the three blind monks who all touched different parts of an elephant (trunk, ears, tusks, I think) and thus came away with three vastly different ideas about what an elephant looked like?

Or maybe I'm letting my everlasting hope in the bare minimum of intelligence of other people mislead me here.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring!   Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring! EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 1:46 pm

ZoZo wrote:

I hope not. More for me.

Do we get a check list of what to bring?
Back to top Go down
frostflowers
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
frostflowers

PostSubject: Re: Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring!   Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring! EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 3:18 pm

Unless we get to bring tasty chocolate snacks, I'm not going. But as long as I get to bring those, I can totally bring my own shovel and my super special snow-shovelling skills (alliteration is awesome!).
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring!   Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring! EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 3:48 pm

I keep reading that, but the words seem to morph into "SHIT THAT'S BEEN MADE UP TO SELL THIS HACK'S EBOOK" as I read them.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring!   Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring! EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 6:47 pm

Hot Cancer wrote:
I keep reading that, but the words seem to morph into "SHIT THAT'S BEEN MADE UP TO SELL THIS HACK'S EBOOK" as I read them.

Congratulations! You possess the rare power to see through bullshit! Have an internet.
Back to top Go down
tim gueguen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring!   Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring! EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 7:02 pm

Hollow Earth theories have been around forever. What's odd about them is that they've persisted given that modern geology shows the Earth is not hollow like a balloon.

One proponent of a Hollow Earth theory in the '70s was German born Canadian Holocaust denier Ernst Zundel. Under an alias he published a book on the Hollow Earth that included the claim that UFOs were actually Nazi superweapons operated by a group of Nazi escapees hidden at the South Pole. At one point he even tried to collect money for an expedition to contact the Nazi saucer men, and produced a newsletter that included a drawing of a 747 with a swastika on the tail that was supposed to transport the expedition. Whether Zundel truly believed this stuff is unclear, as he implied to one interviewer that it was merely a way of getting media attention, allowing him to bring up his other ideas.
Back to top Go down
http://timgueguen.blogspot.com
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring!   Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring! EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 7:16 pm

The Blind Men and the Elephant
By John Godfrey Saxx

It was six men of Indostan

To learning much inclined,
Who went to see the Elephant

(Though all of them were blind),
That each by observation

Might satisfy his mind

The First approached the Elephant,

And happening to fall
Against his broad and sturdy side,

At once began to bawl:
"God bless me! but the Elephant

Is very like a wall!"

The Second, feeling of the tusk,

Cried, "Ho! what have we here
So very round and smooth and sharp?

To me 'tis mighty clear
This wonder of an Elephant

Is very like a spear!"

The Third approached the animal,

And happening to take
The squirming trunk within his hands,

Thus boldly up and spake:
"I see," quoth he, "the Elephant

Is very like a snake!"

The Fourth reached out an eager hand,

And felt about the knee.
"What most this wondrous beast is like

Is mighty plain," quoth he;
" 'Tis clear enough the Elephant

Is very like a tree!"

The Fifth, who chanced to touch the ear,

Said: "E'en the blindest man
Can tell what this resembles most;

Deny the fact who can
This marvel of an Elephant

Is very like a fan!"

The Sixth no sooner had begun

About the beast to grope,
Than, seizing on the swinging tail

That fell within his scope,
"I see," quoth he, "the Elephant

Is very like a rope!"

And so these men of Indostan

Disputed loud and long,
Each in his own opinion

Exceeding stiff and strong,
Though each was partly in the right,

And all were in the wrong!

Moral:

So oft in theologic wars,

The disputants, I ween,
Rail on in utter ignorance

Of what each other mean,
And prate about an Elephant

Not one of them has seen!
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring!   Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring! EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 3:59 am

Well at least the elephant thing makes sense now. Pity the same can't be said for the rest of the site Razz
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring!   Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring! EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 1:54 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
Hot Cancer wrote:

Congratulations! You possess the rare power to see through bullshit! Have an internet.

I wasn't operating in the belief that I'd made a profound discovery about the accuracy (or lack of it) in this site, just that he strikes me as intentionally making it up, rather than being a Timecube-grade nutjob that might actually believe it.
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring!   Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring! EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 7:07 pm

tim gueguen wrote:
Hollow Earth theories have been around forever. What's odd about them is that they've persisted given that modern geology shows the Earth is not hollow like a balloon.
Even deliberate, proven falsehoods can have a surprising ability to persist. Just look at the Protocols of The Elders of Zion.

They're just now covering the old hollow earth theories with new-sounding pseudoscience and jumbled interpretations.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring!   Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring! EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 5:53 pm

Call me crazy, but I thought all that "hollow earth" garbage became passé right about the time Herbert Hoover took the presidential oath of office.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring!   Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring! Empty

Back to top Go down

Our earth is hollow! Let's go exploring!
Page 1 of 1