Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

German Speakers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

German Speakers Empty
PostSubject: German Speakers   German Speakers EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 1:57 pm

For my German oral final, my partner and I are making a mockumentary about a band splitting up. In one scene, we are going to get into a big argument and begin insulting each other. Are there any equivalents of US kids insults like, "You big meanie head," or "You dummy," or anything like that? Basically I'm looking for insults that are so light that it's ridiculous for adults to be using them.
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

German Speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: German Speakers   German Speakers EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 9:06 am

Hm, I can't come up with much, childhood's been a while and honestly? Since swearing isn't regarded as "ZOMG the humanity!11" as it is in the US, our kids do use some pretty heavy caliber cuss words relatively young. I once walked by the kindergarten in my home town and had the kids scream things at me that made me blush.

BUT, here are some harmless and rather ridiculous sounding insults that most adults wouldn't use.

"Doofmann" - literally "stupid man", but can be used for both genders.

"Blödian" - "dummy"

That is literally all I can come up with. When I was six, I called people I disliked "asshole" Wink
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

German Speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: German Speakers   German Speakers EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 11:50 am

Doofmann and Blödian are perfect.

Are animal-insults much done there? When I was a kid, we'd call each other things like stupid cow and dog-face.
Back to top Go down
Salamas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Salamas

German Speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: German Speakers   German Speakers EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 12:11 pm

The only insult I remember being taught in German class was Dumme Kuh, literally stupid cow.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

German Speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: German Speakers   German Speakers EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 4:30 pm

E-mail Bikini Zebra at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for help, she's really good with German and has a dictionary with really good phrases.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

German Speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: German Speakers   German Speakers Empty

Back to top Go down

German Speakers
Page 1 of 1