Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

People Saved!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
bleachedblackcat

People Saved! Empty
PostSubject: People Saved!   People Saved! EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 4:13 pm

Also highly unedited, please be mean to me if you wish to reply. Everyone else always just tells me "This is awsome and you shouldn't change anything!"

Prelude

The room was cold enough that the people in it had taken to sharing the knitted blankets that covered the worn sofa and chairs. That, and the numerous toy trucks dotting the floor, took away from the air of importance that a few of the members had not yet given up on trying to give the meetings. The oldest person in the room (at the ripe old age of 34) banged her tea mug on the coffee table and cleared her throat.

"Alright people, for our first order of business we need to finally come up with a name for ourselves. We can’t just keep on calling ourselves ‘the group’ or ‘the meeting’ anymore."

"How about we call it the Kitty Kat Klub?"

"Great, why don’t we code name ourselves after strippers while we’re at it?"

"Besides then we’ll be the blunt of all kinds of KKK jokes. How about The Crucibles?"

"Now we sound like a literary club!" Kris sighed and banged her make-shift gavel against the worn coffee table again. "Well we do!" A blond haired man retorted before grabbing one of the offered cookies and stuffing it into his mouth. "Besides, what sort of half-assed names would we get from that? Pilgrim, Indian Jane?"

The only other male in the room raised his hand, "How about we vote on names or pick one out of a hat?"

"Nah, we already tried both before your time squirt. Half the members left and the other half didn’t speak to each other for weeks."

"You know what? I vote we don’t worry about a name this time then I’ll have time to do housework before Bruce gets home." A dark haired woman piped up as she set glasses filled with Kool-Aid before her guests. "We’re all here, so I say the unnamed and will probably always be unnamed superhero guild meeting is now opened."

Chapter One

"So how was your group’s meeting last night honey?" Noah’s mother asked as he plopped down onto a chair and grabbed a pancake from the plate.
‘It was alright I guess." Noah poured syrup onto his food trying to ignore the small talk of his mother. She meant well, he knew that, but Noah hated talking about the group with her. How could he really make ‘We walked around for hours and Jamie won I Spy" sound interesting?

"Morning Natalie! Pancakes for breakfast. Are you getting packed?"

"I’m getting there mom." Noah’s twin sister replied as she also sat down and grabbed some food. "How was your meeting Noah?"

"It went alright."

"Make sure to pack a dress or two," the twin’s mom told Natalie who rolled her eyes back. Their parents had been getting themselves worked up over the Winter Superhero Requitment Fair for weeks now. Teens from all over the world would gather and talk to various groups attempting to stand out and impress. Natalie really didn’t need to go, it wasn’t as though she had been getting offers from both superheroes and villains since her powers had first manifested or anything. But their parents thought that if she showed up to the recruitment fairs then the chances of her getting into a Well known group would get even higher.

"And Noah, you’re going to make sure and get Natalie’s homework for the days she’ll miss, right?"

"Yes mom." Noah wondered why she even seemed to care. It wasn’t as though you needed good grades in order to be a superhero. Hell, sometimes he wondered if the really famous ones had even gone to school. But that was cruel and he quickly smashed the thought down before getting up and getting ready for school.

"Hey Noah, I’ve heard that Natalie’s going to the fair?" Some kid asked Noah in the middle of lunch.

"Why don’t you go ask her yourself?" Noah said just loud enough for himself to hear then smiled at the person who had asked the questions and affirmed the question.

"That’s awesome!" Do you think she’ll join the Divines? Or the Judges?"

"I don’t think Natalie would really want to be in the Judges." Noah might not be as close to his sister as when they’d been younger but he was pretty sure that Natalie didn’t want to ever have to end up killing someone. Not as though her powers would really be dangerous without her trying to get them that way, which made Noah happy for her. To many times they had heard the news of someone accidentally killing or maiming someone just because they couldn’t control their powers.

"Well I think she should reconsider. Natalie’s a nice girl and I’d hate to see her become as twisted as the rest are."

"Morning Ellen." The girl nodded at Noah in greeting before turning to face her new victim.

"Do you really think that so few people should be in charge of our lives? Have the right to decide what is right and wrong from us?"

"Ellen," Noah sighed knowing that neither of them were going to win again. "Not everyone is like that. Some of them do try to control our lives, true, but most of them are just trying to keep people from being hurt."

"That’s what they always say." Ellen told him solemnly, her eyes getting the hard look that they always got when she went onto her favorite subject. "But how do we know that they don’t plan out everything for our lives? How do we know that just because they’re ‘better’ then us they think they can choose our destinies?" The freshmen had started to crowd around the blond haired girl by now, like they always did when she went into her first rants. Noah wondered if Ellen ever noticed that the crowd grew smaller as the year passed or if she somehow saw that as another thing superheroes did against the common man. The rest of the school either went about their business or cheered Ellen on out of boredom.

"What about poor Noah?" One of the kids piped up when Ellen took a breath of air. "Do you really think he’s out trying to run the world late at night?" The entire cafeteria laughed at that, Noah laughed too but felt his face heating up. Yes, everyone knew just how big of a threat he was.

Ellen turned to face the person who have spoken, her eyes and voice didn’t hold a trace of laughter. "Noah wouldn’t do something like that. He doesn’t think of himself as a god."

"Yeah caze he sucks!" A couple kids booed the speaker and threw food in their direction. Ellen rolled her eyes at the lot of them and yelled something about being sorry when the day came.

"Is Ellen trying to get us worked up again?" Natalie asked sliding beside her brother. "Doesn’t she have anything better to do?"
"Well it’s almost Thanksgiving. Nothing much to do, really." Natalie’s eyes narrowed and Noah almost kicked himself. Of course she had a lot to do, getting everything ready for the recruitment fair. Getting ready to meet the people most only dreamed about seeing from far away.

When his twin spoke her voice was low. "Do you remember when we were seven? When we decided to try and cook the turkey ourselves so mom wouldn’t have to do as much work?" Noah smiled, the memory of the burned yet undercooked turkey playing out in his mind. "Mom yelled at us and sent us to our rooms. You decided to spend the rest of the day making a chain calendar so I’d know when Christmas was coming."

"Really? I don’t remember that part." Natalie smiled at Noah again, though he thought that this time there was a flash of something behind her eyes. "What brought it up?" She shrugged then moved her tray aside when her friends ran over to eat with the two. Noah tended to ignore his sister’s friends and they responded in kind. As they talked with Natalie about whatever he quickly ate his food then hurried to his locker to pull out his cell and check for any messages from Jamie or Kris telling him the location of the next meeting. The one last night had ended in a slight fight between Dawn and Erik and no one had given any thought to the subject.

Jamie’s text was short and to the point, the next meeting would be at her house that night so everyone could grab their shit and she could finally get around her living room without tripping over anything and landing on her son. Kris’ voice message was long and didn’t hold much information other then that Noah might want to come up with a costume and secret identity soon. Erik had been ‘debating’ over his for years so Noah chose to ignore Kris’ message and texted his mother about his plans to come home late.
Back to top Go down

People Saved!
Page 1 of 1