Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell?

Go down 
+14
Lexin
bikini zebra
Exodia's Right Leg
Dr. Professor Science
Waffles
Malganis
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Verandering
ZoZo
Maximilia
rae
Plesio
Mikey Go WOOGA
T.S.Orr
18 posters
AuthorMessage
T.S.Orr
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
T.S.Orr

Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell? Empty
PostSubject: Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell?   Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell? EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 7:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
Heather Ellis of Kennett, Mo., has quite a story to tell. It all started nearly three years ago in a local Wal-Mart.

Ellis was shopping in the store with a cousin, and the two temporarily parted ways to find the shortest line. Seeing that the other line was moving faster, Ellis went to get in line with her cousin.

She was accused of cutting the line by a store employee, who then notified the security guard. According to Ellis, she was shoved by another customer, had her items pushed to the side and was shortchanged when she finally checked out. The police affidavit states that Ellis was belligerent, loud, abusive and cursing when she was told to leave the store by the assistant manager.

Dear wal-mart cashier, you cannot steal other people's money. That's a crime. Dear other customer you cannot push someone even if they did cut line, that's called assault.

Quote :
Ellis' aunt, Lily Blackmon, received a frantic call from her son and claims that when she arrived, her daughter's head was being repeatedly banged against the police car as she told officers that she wasn't resisting arrest. Blackmon, who was a probation officer in the town for 11 years, asked the officers why her niece was getting such rough treatment.

"I said, 'What is going on?' And all [the officer] could say was, 'She cursed,'" said Blackmon.

@ Bolded part, What the fuck? All because she cursed? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
Ellis was charged with disturbing the peace, trespassing, resisting arrest and two counts of assaulting a police officer. She was then offered a plea deal by Dunklin County Prosecutor Stephen Sokoloff. The prosecutor offered to drop the felony counts to one misdemeanor of disturbing the peace, as long as Ellis signed the plea deal. Her aunt claims that the deal was offered so their family wouldn't file a lawsuit.

Ellis refused to take the plea deal, claiming that she wasn't willing to admit to something she didn't do; however, 11 months later, the misdemeanor counts were dropped, which seemed to be good news. The good news, though, was replaced with something even more disturbing.

Yeah, I smell lawsuit still coming and rightly so.

Quote :
It turned out that the misdemeanor counts had been replaced by felonies. Ellis now faces 15 years in prison if convicted....

Ellis claims that her pending convictions have cost her two jobs and the chance to enter medical school, but she still refuses to sign the plea deal. Racism recently entered in to the story when Ellis was handed KKK cards from a Kennett police officer warning her about her actions. The cards stated, "You've just been paid a social visit by the Ku Klux Klan; the next visit will not be social." The officer claims that he only showed the family the cards to make them aware of the situation.

Yeah, because that's not conspiracy or racism right there you fucking dick. By the way why to racist rednecks honestly think black people are still afraid of the KKK? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Rest of the article can be found here. The prosecuter and the police department have pretty much ruined this woman's life. She was a straight A student with a full scholarship into medical school before this shit popped up. You've got to love hicks. [/sarcasm]
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell?   Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell? EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 7:55 pm

The members of the KKK, all twenty of them, are trying to intimidate people still? scratch
Back to top Go down
Plesio

Plesio

PostSubject: Re: Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell?   Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell? EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 8:00 pm

Right, because we should be convicting people for being an asshole sometimes. Especially 15 (seriously what the fuck? She should be put in for maybe a weekend even if she does get convicted.) for CUTTING IN LINE OH MY GOD.

Did the police even consider that she may have a) not noticed b) was in a rush for something and wasn't thinking "oh my if I cut in front of a few people I wonder if I'll get arrested" or c) that this happens pretty much every fucking day.

Why didn't the cashier get arrested for this? Or the police officers for that matter? You don't fucking bang someone's face against a car for nothing.

This kind of shit just makes me depressed :[

Also: since when did the KKK start existing again?
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell?   Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell? EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 8:18 pm

The KKK never stopped existing, unfortunately.

I've been to Kennett to visit relatives. I am somehow completely unsurprised given the casual racism that was motherfucking everywhere. >__<
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell?   Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell? EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 12:38 am

Ok, what I don't get is that the Wal-Mart employee called her on cutting the line...and then notified a security guard. Why? Too bad there isn't a video tape or something to show us what happened, because it can either be a story of a Wal-Mart customer having a snit-fit (which NEVER happens) because she got called on cutting a line and the clerk calling security to handle the problem, OR the clerk being a racist bitch because ZOMG SHE IS BLACK SO THIS MUST BE TROUBLE.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell?   Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell? EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:19 am

Being English, I immediately clicked on this thread to go "FUCK YEAH! PEOPLE WHO DON'T RESPECT THE SANCTITY OF THE QUEUE DESERVE TO BE SHOT". Except this woman doesn't deserve any of the shit she's getting. It doesn't even sound like she jumped the queue.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell?   Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell? EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 10:25 am

I kind of had something like "England, is that you?" as well, but fuck...

And damn it, I can't make a T.S.Orr joke because she was the one that posted this! Damn it.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell?   Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell? EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 10:43 am

Somehow I think the woman may have been maybe a little loud when complaining, but cutting in line and cursing, and MAYBE pushing somebody, does not warrant 15 years. Don't these people have anything BETTER to do with their time? And aren't prisons crowded enough as it is?
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell?   Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell? EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 7:11 pm

Quote :
Racism recently entered in to the story when Ellis was handed KKK cards from a Kennett police officer warning her about her actions. The cards stated, "You've just been paid a social visit by the Ku Klux Klan; the next visit will not be social." The officer claims that he only showed the family the cards to make them aware of the situation.

Aware of what situation? That the KKK was stalking and harrassing them?

This is ridiculous. Regardless of whether the woman was being a jerk in the Walmart or not, it's so fucking minor that it should just be dismissed and forgotten. I've talked to ex-Walmart employees who say that they can't even really stop people from committing fairly blatant acts of theft in the store, so this case dragging on like it has is just stupid.
Back to top Go down
Waffles
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell?   Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell? EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 8:02 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
Somehow I think the woman may have been maybe a little loud when complaining, but cutting in line and cursing, and MAYBE pushing somebody, does not warrant 15 years. Don't these people have anything BETTER to do with their time? And aren't prisons crowded enough as it is?

Bad people go to prison love! That is the reality of our futile existence! WE HAVE TO KEEP THOSE FILTHY LOWER CLASS PEOPLE IN CHECK.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell?   Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell? EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 8:38 pm

Waffles wrote:

Bad people go to prison love! That is the reality of our futile existence! WE HAVE TO KEEP THOSE FILTHY LOWER CLASS PEOPLE IN CHECK.
Honey, I think you're getting confused about which troll account you're logged in to. Isn't it Lord Chumbucket who's bitching about the class system? :hmm:
Back to top Go down
T.S.Orr
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
T.S.Orr

PostSubject: Re: Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell?   Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell? EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 10:10 pm

Harley she got pushed not the other way round. Verandering, you can make the joke if you want to. Still won't be funny but feel free. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell?   Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 7:57 am

Dr. Professor Science wrote:
Waffles wrote:

Honey, I think you're getting confused about which troll account you're logged in to. Isn't it Lord Chumbucket who's bitching about the class system? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
That proves one can have too many sockpuppets.
Back to top Go down
bikini zebra

bikini zebra

PostSubject: Re: Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell?   Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell? EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 10:04 pm

Exodia's Right Leg wrote:
Dr. Professor Science wrote:
Waffles wrote:

Honey, I think you're getting confused about which troll account you're logged in to. Isn't it Lord Chumbucket who's bitching about the class system? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
That proves one can have too many sockpuppets.

absolutely not true.
Back to top Go down
Lexin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lexin

PostSubject: Re: Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell?   Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 3:49 am

ZoZo wrote:
Being English, I immediately clicked on this thread to go "FUCK YEAH! PEOPLE WHO DON'T RESPECT THE SANCTITY OF THE QUEUE DESERVE TO BE SHOT". Except this woman doesn't deserve any of the shit she's getting. It doesn't even sound like she jumped the queue.
Sounds to me as if all she's guilty of is being black and loud in a public place.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mpmrommel.co.uk
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell?   Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 12:34 pm

Lexin wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
Sounds to me as if all she's guilty of is being black and loud in a public place.

People who perpetuate negative racial stereotypes should have the book thrown at them.
Back to top Go down
Sloth
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sloth

PostSubject: Re: Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell?   Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 2:32 pm

bikini zebra wrote:
absolutely not true.

Oh, jeeze, not another one.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell?   Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 8:42 pm

Penguin wrote:
Lexin wrote:
ZoZo wrote:

People who perpetuate negative racial stereotypes should have the book thrown at them.
I don't know if you're accusing Lexin of using a negative racial stereotype or agreeing that those stereotypes shouldn't be used.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell?   Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 9:30 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Penguin wrote:
Lexin wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
I don't know if you're accusing Lexin of using a negative racial stereotype or agreeing that those stereotypes shouldn't be used.
I'm hoping for sarcasm. It is sarcasm, Penguin, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell?   Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell? EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 3:22 am

Sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell?   Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell? Empty

Back to top Go down

Woman faces 15 years if convicted for cutting line. What the hell?
Page 1 of 1