Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?

Go down 
+18
Waffles
Keith Fraser
Narwhal
rachel
Lapin
Cyberwulf
TheHermit
Delcat
DarthDarthington
Hot Cancer
Disco Stu
Knorg
VB
Saleha
Miss Prince
Lexin
Raine
ZoZo
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight? Empty
PostSubject: Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?   Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 3:40 am

A little background for the non-English. In the UK, there is a far-right party called the British National Party. This party is full of people who begin sentences with "I'm not being racist, but...". Until this week, they operated on a strictly whites-only policy. But they still say they aren't racists.

Their leader, Nick Griffin, is a particularly odious piece of shit who, among other things, is a holocaust denier who enjoyed Mein Kampf. He's going to be appearing on BBC's political show Question Time tonight.

There has been quite a shitstorm about this. There's protests and all sorts of outrage. While I do think it's certainly justified to be cross about this dough-faced Nazi to be legitimised in this way, he's not going to go away. It's probably quite a good idea for him to go on TV: he doesn't speak on radio and telly much (obviously; nobody will have him), and he's got a really whiny voice. He's also quite dim, and I suspect that this will come across as pwnage in the panel tonight.

Of course, the paranoid twat has sent out a vastly paranoid letter

Quote :
However, members and supporters must be aware that this show will be a stage-managed farce organised in a specific way to leave several impressions.

The audience will be hand-picked and overtly hostile - thus giving the impression that the British people at large must be hostile to BNP views.

The panellists will be overtly hostile, even the non-political guests will be hostile.

Everyone will be hostile - this will leave the impression to non-informed viewers that BNP views have minority status.

So... yeah. So, Brits, will anybody be watching what I hope will be supreme pwnage of somebody who truly deserves it? Everyone else: do you think that somebody like this should be allowed on a legitimate TV show? Let the free speech wank commence!
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?   Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 3:50 am

Ah, yes, I've heard of this vile excuse for a human before. I hope he gets torn a new one during Question Time.
Back to top Go down
Lexin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lexin

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?   Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 5:34 am

I'm torn. Part of me wants to watch him being ripped a new arse...but most of me feels I shouldn't watch. And a very small part of me points out that there's hardly anything else to watch on a Thursday night.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mpmrommel.co.uk
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?   Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 6:58 am

Lexin wrote:
I'm torn. Part of me wants to watch him being ripped a new arse...but most of me feels I shouldn't watch. And a very small part of me points out that there's hardly anything else to watch on a Thursday night.
Simple: watch, playing the drinking game.
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?   Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 7:42 am

ZoZo wrote:
How much is a "finger"? scratch
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?   Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 7:46 am

I'd say that watching the show =/= legitimizing the piece of shit on the hot seat. If this was his own TV show, okay, that might not be the best move. But this is not a show that would support his views, from what I understand. So, if you wanna watch him get the smackdown, you should. Let us know how it was.
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
VB
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
VB

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?   Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 8:06 am

Miss Prince wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
How much is a "finger"? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Fill the glass, usually a rocks glass, up to about the width of one finger.
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?   Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 11:55 am

Not I - I've made it this far in life without seeing a single Question Time, and one more fat idiot appearing isn't gonna change that.
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?   Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 12:07 pm

Nope, I make it a point to keep politics out of my life.
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?   Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 12:08 pm

Miss Prince wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
How much is a "finger"? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Five quid, same as in town.
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?   Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 12:17 pm

Quote :
thus giving the impression that the British people at large must be hostile to BNP views

Durrrr... is that because they are?
Back to top Go down
DarthDarthington
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DarthDarthington

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?   Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 3:26 pm

I wish I were British so I could choose not to watch this, rather than not having any options at all.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?   Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 3:32 pm

It's trending like crazy on Twitter right now. About half of the tweets seem to be from people who think that the dad from Family Guy is going to be on telly tonight. Seriously, how can you mix them up? One's a fat, disgusting waste of space, and... OK, fair enough. But Nick Griffin is slightly more racist and only has one eye.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?   Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 4:17 pm

I'M OVERTLY HOSTILE

THERE IS A THORN IN MY FOOT
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?   Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 4:28 pm

I'm of the opinion that Mein Kampf is a brilliant, if rather unpleasant, read for those who want to see just how good at rationalizing away misdeeds the human mind really is. Just don't give it to anyone impressionable.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?   Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 4:42 pm

Guys, that was fucking awesome. I think I finally understand the phrase "he had his ass handed to him".
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?   Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 5:04 pm

Some good faffing about after a minute.

"THEY LIED ABOUT ME IN THE PAPERS!!!"
"What lies?"
"Eh... well there's too many to name."
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?   Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 6:03 pm

Aww, I wish I'd watched now (or at least Sky Plussed it).
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?   Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 6:42 pm

My gawd. He is juist dumb. (Goes through things attributed to BNP) Tell me he's not the most intelligent member of the party?
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?   Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 10:00 pm

"...go to the South Pole. It's a white landscape; it'll suit you fine."

Tee-hee!
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?   Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 3:01 am

Lapin wrote:
My gawd. He is juist dumb. (Goes through things attributed to BNP) Tell me he's not the most intelligent member of the party?
Sad thing is, he probably is. I found it quite comical how he had a pathological inability to answer a question directly. Unfortunately, there's probably some BNP supporters who probably think he did a brilliant job against such a hostile panel. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?   Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 9:22 am

Quote :
BNP Leader To Launch BBC Complaint

The leader of the British National Party is launching an official complaint about his treatment on the BBC's Question Time programme, claiming he was "bullied".

Nick Griffin says he was the victim of a set-up in which the format of the current affairs debate show was changed "after 30 years".

He said: "That was not genuine Question Time, that was a lynch mob."

At an impromptu press conference in Thurrock, Essex, he told reporters that he was not given the chance to talk about the BNP's policies.

Mr Griffin also complained about the multi-cultural audience, which was largely opposed to his views. He declared: "London is no longer a British city".

During the programme he denied he was a Nazi, but said the Ku Klux Klan are "almost totally non-violent" and that homosexuals are "creepy".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What a little bitch. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?   Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 10:07 am

Okay, I didn't see this myself, so I need confirmation if anyone here saw it, but I've been told that apparently when pressed about what he meant by indigenious British people he eventually chucked up some bullcrap about the people who came to Britain "when the ice melted".

I trust he's unaware that the first people to inhabit Britain most likely walked there from Northern Europe when the sea level was low enough that it wasn't an island before the end of the Pleistocene ice age.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?   Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 10:43 am

I think it's a great idea to have people like Nick Griffin on televison. By engaging him in open, intellectual debate, it gives people an opportunity to see his close-minded ideals crumple under scrutiny.
Back to top Go down
Lexin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lexin

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?   Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 11:12 am

I am reminded of the PG Wodehouse character Roderick Spode, viz Bertie Wooster speaking to Spode in The Code of the Woosters: "The trouble with you, Spode, is that just because you have succeeded in inducing a handful of half-wits to disfigure the London scene by going about in black shorts, you think you're someone. You hear them shouting 'Heil, Spode!' and you imagine it is the Voice of the People. That is where you make your bloomer. What the Voice of the People is saying is: 'Look at that frightful ass Spode swanking about in footer bags! Did you ever in your puff see such a perfect perisher?'"

Looks like the genuine voice of the British people think Griffin is also a perfect perisher. As indeed he is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mpmrommel.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?   Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who's going to watch Nick Griffin on Question Time tonight?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next