Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Twilight: The Death of Feminism

Go down 
+116
Merrrrrr
Drabbler
mluckw
WD40
alexis
PendragonGirl
Lurv
Adagio
kelley28
Aggie
Kirby
theromangeneral
SirDixonDongs
Raine
Xervexagon
DarthDarthington
KeyserSoze
Jesus.
Reidmar
TheHedonist
Kitbug
Yorokobi
Glen
Shingzyl
Mr.Doobie
Spooky
Sarin
Sheba
Cyberwulf
Sutremaine
Obskeree
Mikey Go WOOGA
Jay/Cris
frostflowers
Bamshalam
Knight
Nevvy
Mafiosa
Anon_Lurker
Little Egypt
Exodia's Right Leg
Braigwen
kleine_kat
Reepicheep-chan
Spotts1701
Snoof
Notomys mordax
Mr. Comic Book
Yattara
Dr. Professor Science
Q
Kevin M
Jocelyn
EileenK98
Princess Muse
Manny
Tungsten Monk
grmblfjx
moonyprof
Cactus Wren
Waffles
The Unoriginal
InkWeaver
I_Lam_Edhellen
Chaltab
gaijinguy
KGarrett
Avari
Dick Powers
Penguin
Seule
Mae Bedlam
DaiLinn
Miss Prince
Psy-4
Saleha
Tillian
szaleniec
unskilled78
bad_idea_bear
ZoZo
NastyHobbitses
Ceres
SokMunkie
Blooferlady
Fairlight
Pixi
fishstickhater
Snake Bandage
Deutschtard
Chris91
VB
Somath Cegem
KelinciHutan
anangrychocobo
Keith Fraser
Narwhal
Anathema
Verandering
Lexin
Salamas
Inciter
Sparrow
Root Admin
theweirdkind
Solitia
rae
DeeDee
Lapin
Nurvingiel
Rabid Badger
Maximilia
myeerah
Trioculus
Miss Misery
Lysander
120 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 11:45 am

Penguin wrote:
EileenK98 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He should have known better. He knows how batshit insane the fans are. If they're crazy enough to ask him to bite them in the neck, they'll do anything.

Everyone can say something trying to be a wiseass without thinking about the consequences, you know.

I bet it happens to you all the time. You don't even pay attention to what you're saying, and all of a sudden the girl is naked.

PS I'm thinking it did work for her, though. I mean, he remembers her, doesn't he?
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 12:00 pm

Except that he's not really remembering her in a very fond light. More like a "I'm so disturbed by you freaks" kind of light.
Back to top Go down
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 2:35 pm

Yeah, but in Twilightnese, that probably counts as love. Him being/acting disgusted by the sight of her stripping just means he was totally turned on, but he's hiding it in case he's tempted to bite her throat out.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 2:45 pm

One of them is going to murder Kristin Stewart. It's going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 2:47 pm

I think they'd try. I'm not sure they're that competent.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 4:22 pm

Wasn't there a fic where someone killed Bella in the first chapter and then took her place?

Or am I thinking of something else?
Back to top Go down
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 4:34 pm

It would be funny if the person who replaced Bella was, say, Buffy, and she proceeded to stake all the Cullens. Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 8638
Back to top Go down
Jocelyn

Jocelyn

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 5:38 pm

EileenK98 wrote:
Wasn't there a fic where someone killed Bella in the first chapter and then took her place?

Or am I thinking of something else?

"A" fic?! I'd be astonished if there weren't over 1000 such fics by now!
Back to top Go down
http://jocelyncs.livejournal.com
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 3:57 am

"Where's Bella?"

"What Bella?"

"Um, you know, my wife?"

"Oh. That Bella. She, uh, moved back in with her parents. She asked me to let you know that this lifestyle isn't working out for her."

"-?"

"But, if you want, I'm available."

"Oh, okay. No difference, really."
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 8:29 am

grmblfjx wrote:
"Where's Bella?"

"What Bella?"

"Um, you know, my wife?"

"Oh. That Bella. She, uh, moved back in with her parents. She asked me to let you know that this lifestyle isn't working out for her."

"-?"

"But, if you want, I'm available."

"Oh, okay. No difference, really."

I know what kinda fic I'd write

"Where is Bella?"

"Dead, met a guy in a red pimp hat with a couple of guns"

"Jacob?"

"Crazy Scottish Priest with loads of knifes got him"

"My family?"

"Hugh Jackman with a repeater crossbow and a monk sidekick"

"The Volterra?"

"Old German guy who complained about Hugh Jackman the entire time"

"So it's just me left?"

"Yep"

"And you are?"

"Name's Buffy"
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 9:13 am

Sometimes Somath, I really, really adore you.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Comic Book
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mr. Comic Book

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 6:31 pm

Quote :

Dutch, actually. Stoker's Abraham Van Helsing hailed from Amsterdam. He was also much younger, too; red-haired and middle-aged, based on Stoker's appearance at the time. The reason we think of Van Helsing being so old has to do with Edward Van Sloan in the Lugosi movie; Stoker's guy couldn't have been older than late 40s at most.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 2:50 am

Mr. Comic Book wrote:
Quote :

Dutch, actually. Stoker's Abraham Van Helsing hailed from Amsterdam. He was also much younger, too; red-haired and middle-aged, based on Stoker's appearance at the time. The reason we think of Van Helsing being so old has to do with Edward Van Sloan in the Lugosi movie; Stoker's guy couldn't have been older than late 40s at most.

That and the unabridged BBC dramatisation of the book that I've heard about 7/8 times over where he sounds rather old and german.

That said, yeah. Just a quick joke dude, not all the details need to be bang on. This is the internet not a game of QI.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 5:07 am

So, I can't be arsed to comb through the thred and see if this has already been posted, but here's a good post about Twilight and emotional abuse
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 2:15 pm

ZoZo wrote:
So, I can't be arsed to comb through the thred and see if this has already been posted, but here's a good post about Twilight and emotional abuse

Morgan and I have had words over this very subject; me trying to point out to him that the relationship between Bella and Edward is NOT healthy, and he's just like "Mom, it's only a movie!"

Yeah, tell that to the thousands of twitards and twimoms out there who seriously wish that Edward Cullen would crouch next to their beds and watch them sleep. Because that's not creepy at all, nope.
Back to top Go down
Yattara
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Yattara

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 3:10 pm

Mr. Comic Book wrote:
Quote :

Dutch, actually.

Thanks. I was trying to place that reference.

I think he can sound German because of syntax. In the book, his English wasn't perfect, as I recall. It's been a while.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Comic Book
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mr. Comic Book

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 5:11 pm

Yattara wrote:
Mr. Comic Book wrote:
Quote :

Dutch, actually.

Thanks. I was trying to place that reference.

I think he can sound German because of syntax. In the book, his English wasn't perfect, as I recall. It's been a while.

His English in the book is broken, yes. That's something that ALWAYS gets scrapped in the adaptations. And not without good reason; it would come off as ridiculous anywhere other than the printed page.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 6:53 pm

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFU-

Quote :

Tw Staff: Reading Twilight it came to me the story of Westley and Buttercup. Is Bella and Edward love, True Love like theirs?

Stephenie: Actually Bella and Edward love story is better than them. When I was in college I wrote a l paper from a feminist perspective (it’s an easy way to write) on the princess bride so I am little biased. The problem I have with Westley and Buttercup is Buttercup is an idiot and it doesn’t bother anyone, all that matters is that she’s beautiful, that is her only value. At the end she redeems herself a bit, but the female characters are very weak in that story. Westley is brave and smart and fights, Buttercup is just beautiful, it’s her only thing: her brain means nothing, her personality means nothing to him, they have the kind of love where they can’t leave without each other. It’s not a great example to me. I couldn’t find one who was a really good comparison to me, I mean, Elizabeth Bennet and Mr.Darcy’s it’s pretty good, except you should think that if either one of them dies the other one will carry on bravely, and Romeo and Juliet were kind of idiots, they didn’t know each other very well. And Anna (?) Of Green Gables and Gilbert Blythe (Anna dai capelli rossi), but they are much more like Jacob and Bella, they’re friend they get the nerves of each other a lot. I didn’t find out yet a Bella and Edward love story that really satisfied me that way.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG
Back to top Go down
Trioculus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Trioculus

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 7:34 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFU-

Quote :

Tw Staff: Reading Twilight it came to me the story of Westley and Buttercup. Is Bella and Edward love, True Love like theirs?

Stephenie: Actually Bella and Edward love story is better than them. When I was in college I wrote a l paper from a feminist perspective (it’s an easy way to write) on the princess bride so I am little biased. The problem I have with Westley and Buttercup is Buttercup is an idiot and it doesn’t bother anyone, all that matters is that she’s beautiful, that is her only value. At the end she redeems herself a bit, but the female characters are very weak in that story. Westley is brave and smart and fights, Buttercup is just beautiful, it’s her only thing: her brain means nothing, her personality means nothing to him, they have the kind of love where they can’t leave without each other. It’s not a great example to me. I couldn’t find one who was a really good comparison to me, I mean, Elizabeth Bennet and Mr.Darcy’s it’s pretty good, except you should think that if either one of them dies the other one will carry on bravely, and Romeo and Juliet were kind of idiots, they didn’t know each other very well. And Anna (?) Of Green Gables and Gilbert Blythe (Anna dai capelli rossi), but they are much more like Jacob and Bella, they’re friend they get the nerves of each other a lot. I didn’t find out yet a Bella and Edward love story that really satisfied me that way.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG

I'm not sure if I want to shout obscenities or just [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 8:25 pm

Trioculus wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFU-

Quote :

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG

I'm not sure if I want to shout obscenities or just [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No, Tri, don't kill yourself! You have so much to live for!

Kill the stupid twitard who wrote the article instead!
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 8:52 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
No, Tri, don't kill yourself! You have so much to live for!

Kill the stupid twitard who wrote the article instead!

Actually, it was Meyer herself who felt she had to compare herself to, y'know, good fiction.
I say it's high time someone pooled resources and took a hit out on her ego. I doubt we could take her on herself - her ego fills cathedrals and would probably shield her.
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 4:19 am

So Meyer doesn't think much of romance stories where the protagonists are unintelligent and co-dependent? Wait a second... scratch

Also, The Princess Bride is at least partly a parody (albeit an affectionate one) of romantic fairytale cliches, e.g. the grandson's commentary and all that nonsense about the Top 10 Most Passionate Kisses Of All Time.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 6:18 am

NO YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO TAKE THE PRINCESS BRIDE DEATHLY SERIOUSLY, GUISE.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 8:06 am

Something just dawned on me the other night. Not having read the stories, I got to thinking:

Apparently, Edward sneaks into Bella's room to watch her sleep.
Bella's dad is a cop.
A cop is probably the least likely to be tickled pink by the idea of some freak breaking into his daughter's room to watch her sleep. He is also likely armed.

This story should've been resolved in the first book with a shotgun.
Back to top Go down
Nevvy
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 8:23 am

Saleha wrote:
Actually, it was Meyer herself who felt she had to compare herself to, y'know, good fiction.
I say it's high time someone pooled resources and took a hit out on her ego. I doubt we could take her on herself - her ego fills cathedrals and would probably shield her.

Oookay, I think we can safely conclude that anyone who writes about vampires and sex automatically gains a 500% ego/nutiness increase at the least.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Twilight: The Death of Feminism
Page 12 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next