Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009

Go down 
+9
Mikey Go WOOGA
Verandering
Penguin
Chaltab
Sorsa A. Jänis
theweirdkind
KGarrett
Raine
T.S.Orr
13 posters
AuthorMessage
T.S.Orr
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
T.S.Orr

A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009 Empty
PostSubject: A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009   A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 1:21 am

Your eyes did not decieve you people. This happened right down the road really from where I live. Sumner, MS you fail so damn hard.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
...This happened Thursday, August 20, 2009 in Sumner, Ms, in Tallahatchie County…Yes the same county where a young Black boy named Emmett Till met his doom/destiny some 54 years ago this week…This time a young Black man named William Pittman,28 years old, of Tutwiler, MS, was the target of an unauthorized manhunt by a law official and his posse of “deputized” gun toting thugs…

When my mom brought this article home today my jaw literally dropped. Just gotta love that good ole Southern Hospitality sometimes. Bastards.

Quote :
Sometime Thursday, August 20, 2009, Pittman & his friend McKeel Scott (at the time of this writing his whereabouts is still unknown) were accused by John Whitten III, the District Attorney of Tallahatchie County, of burglarizing the home of a neighbor and quite possible a relative…According to several sources, the boys were not actually caught in anybody’s home at that time, but were still accused.

Have they never heard of trial by jury of their peers? Read the fucking constitution you drunken redneck moronic assholes.

Quote :
This supposed act infuriated Mr. Whitten, whose father, John Whitten Jr., was the defense attorney for the killers of Emmett Till (the brothers J.W. Milam & Roy Bryant), and so instead of going through the proper channels he decided to seek his own brand of vigilante justice, southern style.

Racism breeds racism. Got it.

Quote :
He organized a militia of what could best be described as a lynch mob. Some of these men were actual law enforcement officers while others such as the case of an unidentified white maintenance man from Tutwiler, MS, simply wore a police uniform and was given a police car along with plenty of booze, guns and ammunition. Even the K-9 unit from the Department of Corrections at the notorious Parchman State Penitentiary was alerted for this mission.

Yes, even the K-9 department of Parchman was called in. In his defense though, the man didn't know what was going on.

Quote :
In addition to the man, fire and canine power, Whitten deployed two military tanks for the purpose of hunting down Mr. William Pittman as well.

Where the fuck do you get two tanks from? Why would you have them? What would posses you to own two fucking military tanks?

I'll let y'all read the rest. It gets fun. The guy they were after is the son of a lawyer, and the guy who formed the lynch mob's enemy in the court room. The FBI is now currently involved.

Damn rednecks.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009   A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:00 am

Whoa, what the... as if giving them booze, guns and a heap of ammunition wasn't excessive enough, they bring out TANKS?!
Back to top Go down
KGarrett
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
KGarrett

PostSubject: Re: A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009   A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:33 am

T.S.Orr wrote:
[...]Read the fucking constitution you drunken redneck moronic assholes[...]

You're assuming these things can read. Isn't that giving them a bit too much credit? Razz
Back to top Go down
T.S.Orr
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
T.S.Orr

PostSubject: Re: A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009   A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:44 am

Oh so fucking true. My mistake, these are the same people that spell Mississippi Misisipi (no lie some people actually do spell it like that.)
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009   A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:12 am

This is just so fucked up on so many levels.
Back to top Go down
Sorsa A. Jänis
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sorsa A. Jänis

PostSubject: Re: A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009   A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:19 am

There's so much crazy people in USA that I can only wonder.
Back to top Go down
http://sunbeamattack.deviantart.com/
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009   A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:07 am

So was anyone actually caught/lynched?
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009   A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:09 am

T.S.Orr wrote:
Where the fuck do you get two tanks from? Why would you have them? What would posses you to own two fucking military tanks?

1.) Most journalists think anything on treads without a backhoe or dozer blade is a tank.
2.) Many police and sheriff's departments have a surplus APC or two. A lot of surplus military vehicles like APCs and helicopters wind up provided to police through government programs. Whenever APCs show up in the media, they are often erroneously called tanks.
3.) Nobody in the US can get ahold of a modern MBT like the Abrams, Challenger II or Leopard II. The best a private owner can hope for is an old surplus T72: A respectable weapon, but to be legal it has to have its gun deactivated and importing everything would be crazy. Short of that you have to look into WW2 workhorses like the Sherman tank, many of which are still actually government property, on loan to museums which subsequently went under and auctioned off exhibits, and so on. It doesn't happen often, but the federal government could send an agent to walk up to someone who just bought a Sherman for $250,000 and say "Hey dude, give us our tank back or we're throwing you in prison."

So yeeeah, I'm guessing "misappropriated police APCs."
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009   A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 1:30 pm

TANKS? This article is bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009   A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 1:42 pm

TS Orr wrote:
Have they never heard of trial by jury of their peers? Read the fucking constitution you drunken redneck moronic assholes.

Now that's not fair. There's no indication they were drunk. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009   A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:08 pm

Verandering wrote:

Yeah, this stinks. Not that I doubt that there's racism in freakin' Tallahatchie County of all places, but the details don't add up. Where's the confirmation? Witness accounts? Clip from the local news? I'm pretty sure the Tutwiler, MS PD can't deploy a regiment of light armored vehicles without SOMEONE noticing, and I doubt they have the power to institute a nationwide media blackout.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009   A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:25 pm

Verandering wrote:

Nonesense, I see people ride around in blackhawks, rihnos, M1 Abrams, metal gears and gundams all the time.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009   A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:41 pm

Verandering wrote:

Lysander (who is most definitely not Mikey) wrote:
Yeah, this stinks. Not that I doubt that there's racism in freakin' Tallahatchie County of all places, but the details don't add up. Where's the confirmation? Witness accounts? Clip from the local news? I'm pretty sure the Tutwiler, MS PD can't deploy a regiment of light armored vehicles without SOMEONE noticing, and I doubt they have the power to institute a nationwide media blackout.

Quadratus wrote:
Nonesense, I see people ride around in blackhawks, rihnos, M1 Abrams, metal gears and gundams all the time.
If that were y'all's only cause for doubting this, I'd reply that the thing is, it's been done before. No, it's not common, and yes, that was the 60s, but it has happened.

However, you all inspired me and I did a bit of Googling. Here is the Google News page for the search terms "Mississippi" and "lynch mob." Here is the search results page. It doesn't seem like any legitimate news outlets are biting on this one, so far.

Last edited by KelinciHutan on Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009   A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:44 pm

KelinciHutan wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

How the fuck did you confuse me with Mikey?

MIKEY?!
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009   A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:45 pm

Lysander wrote:
KelinciHutan wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

MIKEY?!
:roflmao:
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009   A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:47 pm

theweirdkind wrote:
Lysander wrote:
KelinciHutan wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

MIKEY?!
:roflmao:
There, I fixed it. Sorry. There were a lot of quote thingys in there and I only wanted three and...I'll do my best not to do it again.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009   A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 3:19 pm

KelinciHutan wrote:
If that were y'all's only cause for doubting this, I'd reply that the thing is, it's been done before. No, it's not common, and yes, that was the 60s, but it has happened.

However, you all inspired me and I did a bit of Googling. Here is the Google News page for the search terms "Mississippi" and "lynch mob." Here is the search results page. It doesn't seem like any legitimate news outlets are biting on this one, so far.

I'm not buying it in this case.
Back to top Go down
T.S.Orr
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
T.S.Orr

PostSubject: Re: A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009   A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 4:21 pm

Tanks do not mean actual military tanks. Tanks mean old cannons with treads that more than one person around here has as keep sakes. And as much as I would like this to be fake, it's not I've asked more than on person from down that way and all confirm that it happened.
Back to top Go down
T.S.Orr
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
T.S.Orr

PostSubject: Re: A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009   A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 7:42 pm

For those who cried bullshit on the article here's something to back it up.

From the Clarionledger in Jackson, MS.

Back to top Go down
Soetkin

Soetkin

PostSubject: Re: A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009   A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 11:48 am

T.S.Orr wrote:

Where the fuck do you get two tanks from?
Walmart.
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009   A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:56 am

T.S.Orr wrote:
For those who cried bullshit on the article here's something to back it up.

From the Clarionledger in Jackson, MS.

I wasn't calling bullshit on the corrupt police department, I was calling bullshit on the drunken hillbilly lynch mob, the armored vehicle regiment being sent out after a single fugitive, and the heroic brother who has the Morgan Freeman-like ability to reach across racial lines and convince the mob of liquor-swilling, gun-toting racists to give up their evil ways through sheer charm.

God bless Morgan Freeman. He is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009   A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 5:20 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009   A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Step Back in Time? Hardly...Lynch Mob Raised to Lynch Man in MS in 2009
Page 1 of 1