Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

iPod distraction leads to deadly crash

Go down 
+6
Sorsa A. Jänis
Verandering
Raine
Maximilia
Mafiosa
Malganis
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

iPod distraction leads to deadly crash Empty
PostSubject: iPod distraction leads to deadly crash   iPod distraction leads to deadly crash EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:29 pm

The link.

Quote :
According to police, the driver lost control, crossed over two lanes of
traffic and slammed into two pedestrians on the sidewalk who had just
walked out of the hospital.

19-year-old Nicole Gallo of Clifton Heights was pronounced dead at the
scene. Her best friend, Christine Bochanski, 20, of Lansdowne is listed
in critical condition at Crozer Chester Medical Center.

The driver, Rachel Jankins of Havertown, was treated and released from the hospital.

Investigators believe Jankins may have been distracted by an iPod at the time of the crash.

"She apparently was having problems with her iPod, reached down, wasn't
paying attention, lost control of the vehicle," Superintendent Michael
Chitwood explained. "The vehicle crossed over the two northbound lanes,
went up onto the sidewalk, the young girls had their back to the
vehicle, the vehicle just ran over them."

Last edited by Malganis on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : There is no such word as 'deady'. :()
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: iPod distraction leads to deadly crash   iPod distraction leads to deadly crash EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:34 pm

1. It is my understanding that listening to your iPod with a pair of headphones is illegal while driving for a good number of reasons so this driver is already an ass. BUT...

2. ...If her iPod was connected to her tape deck via one of those fantastic cassette tape type things that I use and love then here's a tip: if you are experiencing problems with it or need to change a song turn the volume all the way down until you reach a red stoplight to fix the problem. Please don't multitask and drive.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: iPod distraction leads to deadly crash   iPod distraction leads to deadly crash EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:35 pm

I'm not terribly surprised. My 19 year old cousin was hit by a train. We're pretty sure she was texting & listening to her iPod at the time. The train engineer said they blew the horn many many times, and those whistles are damn loud, yet she never looked up once.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: iPod distraction leads to deadly crash   iPod distraction leads to deadly crash EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 1:47 am

A few years ago my friend nearly got hit by an oncoming driver who dropped a CD and was reaching down to try and get it. =/
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: iPod distraction leads to deadly crash   iPod distraction leads to deadly crash EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 3:23 am

Fucking... Wow. o_o I was nearly hit by a car once, but that was because it was a very dark afternoon/early evening, there was no sidewalk, and snow on the ground made a bunch of kids walk in the middle of the road instead of toughing it out on the snowy grass. A car had to stop at the top of a hill because they were in the way, and another (speeding) one behind it didn't realise there was a stopped car and a group of kids at the top. He thankfully missed all of us, but he slammed into a tree. Didn't hurt himself, just mashed up his car.

I can only imagine how fucked it must be to be in critical condition with A DEAD FRIEND over an iPod. >_<
Back to top Go down
Sorsa A. Jänis
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sorsa A. Jänis

PostSubject: Re: iPod distraction leads to deadly crash   iPod distraction leads to deadly crash EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:42 am

iPod is devil's tool for getting rid of people. At least I am convinced.
Back to top Go down
http://sunbeamattack.deviantart.com/
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: iPod distraction leads to deadly crash   iPod distraction leads to deadly crash EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 8:00 am

It's a dumb way to die, but not nearly as dumb as that girl who fell in a manhole while texting and sued the city of New York for her stupidity.
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: iPod distraction leads to deadly crash   iPod distraction leads to deadly crash EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:36 pm

I once ran off the road while trying to open a hot dog while driving. Learned my lesson real fast on that one.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: iPod distraction leads to deadly crash   iPod distraction leads to deadly crash EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 4:48 pm

iPods don't kill people. Stupidity kills people.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: iPod distraction leads to deadly crash   iPod distraction leads to deadly crash EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 10:07 pm

My sister once decided that she didn't need to steer the car if the road was straight, so she leaned down to search for a CD. We almost went off the road (at which point I learned that it is, in fact, possible to gasp and scream at the same time). She got mad and blamed the car for not going straight and said there was something wrong with the tires.

I never let her drive my car again.

She has now totaled two cars, had to have a third repaired repeatedly, and had a DUI.

Yeah, my sister's driving scares me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: iPod distraction leads to deadly crash   iPod distraction leads to deadly crash EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 12:19 am

Lady Anne wrote:
She got mad and blamed the car for not going straight and said there was something wrong with the tires.

Physics, motherfucker. Do you know it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: iPod distraction leads to deadly crash   iPod distraction leads to deadly crash Empty

Back to top Go down

iPod distraction leads to deadly crash
Page 1 of 1