Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!

Go down 
+11
Chocho
Alhazred
Sorsa A. Jänis
Knight
Penguin
Maximilia
Verandering
Mikey Go WOOGA
Braigwen
Dick Powers
LeeLee
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:21 am

Somath Cegem wrote:
Penguin wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
So the guys who are constantly making bug fixes, balancing classes and races expanding dungeons in patches (Some of which are quite large, the last two added massive raids and much more items) and working on the expansions, all the while getting moaned at by warlocks case they can't wear plate should do so for bugger all?

Everyone but MMO producers are expected to provide a working product to their customer for the base price. Funny, that.

I think there is a slight difference between Delivering what you promised and then giving extra stuff later (WoW, WARonline and such) and not delivering entirely on a promised product until a later date (Fallout 3)

Team Fortress 2's price sure has come down a lot since release, guess they'll never add anything to it...
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:23 am

Alhazred wrote:
You TL:DRed my review of WoW. Every response you've made has been for no purpose other than exacerbating argument without actually defending any of your own opinions.
Oh I read, it and it's still just describing every game made. What's the point to games but killing thing, doing puzzles, getting loot, wasting time, and getting to the end boss? You still haven't told me if the game mechanics work like they should. Stop being so dodgy, I shouldn't have to shake a good argument out of you.
Back to top Go down
007bistromath
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:24 am

Quadratus wrote:
Alhazred wrote:
TL;DR
Why, you've just describe every game in existance, my good sir! Killing a bunch of things in video games? Who would have thought!

Also, I don't know what Blizzard did to you in the past (Did they rape your mother and DVD player?), but you are taking the dislike of something way to seriously. Why so serious?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ObT: I played WoW, up to 40ish. Got mired due to being unable to find raid groups and had to stop because it was my girlfriend's account she wasn't going to pay for anymore. I enjoyed it. I still even kind of miss it every now and then.

Everything that Penguin and Alhazred say about it are objective truths. The myriad of "different things you can do" that you presented are all different types of grinding. You go to a place, you click on a thing, you watch an animation. You can play around with your build, but this is a very small portion of the game experience that takes place between giant goddamn wads of grinding. It is my understanding that placement, timing, coordination, and other tactical concepts become important later on, but I played up to 40 and never really saw it. I could cut through vast swaths of the game with a pickup group basically playing my own self-contained character, and everybody else would do the same, and we'd all succeed. The extent of my coordination with the team was remembering to soulstone the priest/druid. If a game has mechanics that don't show up until you've been playing it for three to six months, there is a serious problem. If you don't like grinding for its own sake (I do, I don't know why I do, I'm not so much of a failass I won't at least admit it) then it is impossible to consider WoW anything but a complete waste of failure.

Last edited by 007bistromath on Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:24 am

Somath Cegem wrote:
I think there is a slight difference between Delivering what you promised and then giving extra stuff later (WoW, WARonline and such) and not delivering entirely on a promised product until a later date (Fallout 3)

TF2 gets you all that for the base price. Fallout 3 is at least supported, even though BethSoft charges for new content.

Quote :
I do believe you just tried to make it personal Penguin, naughty naughty, I expected better of you sir.

My bad. :glomp:
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:25 am

Somath Cegem wrote:
Alhazred wrote:
You TL:DRed my review of WoW. Every response you've made has been for no purpose than exacerbating argument without actually defending any of your own opinions.

I resent that! I've tried to defend my view that just because you dislike WoW does not mean it's bad. I might not be doing very well but I'm trying dammit.

Wait, Quadratus is your sockpuppet? Shocked

....could you set "her" avatar back to that hot shirtless dude, then? Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 8638

Last edited by Alhazred on Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:26 am

Quadratus wrote:
Why are you so dodgy? Get to the fucking point, either write a review that doesn't compair WoW to another completely fucking game or shut up. Tell us about it's technical failings, yes? Tell us about it's broken mechanics, yes? Tell us about the bug, the glitches that make the game unplayable and so awful, yes? Tells us if the the spells and ablilities work like they should. Does Stormtrike bug out when you use it? Do the player character fall through the floor at a certain spot? Does Mr. Smite bug out at 10% health?

You know, if you're trying to railroad the argument to becoming "Oh, well, you just don't like WoW because you suck at it," you could be a little less transparent about it.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:26 am

007bistromath wrote:

ObT: I played WoW, up to 40ish. Got mired due to being unable to find raid groups and had to stop because it was my girlfriend's account she wasn't going to pay for anymore. I enjoyed it. I still even kind of miss it every now and then.
Bullshit, there aren't any level 40 raids.

Penguin wrote:

You know, if you're trying to railroad the argument to becoming "Oh, well, you just don't like WoW because you suck at it," you could be a little less transparent about it.

As oppose to "WoW sucks because it's not the games I like"? Really, I'm just sitting here pointing and laughing at your weak arguments to why WoW's to terrible.

Last edited by Quadratus on Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:28 am

Penguin wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
I do believe you just tried to make it personal Penguin, naughty naughty, I expected better of you sir.

S'all good.

I think I'll resign my point, I still believe WoW is a good game and though I do think you're both being too harsh I can see why some people wouldn't like it, Now i'm off to play with my Shadow Priest, it's been too long since I've done a heroic with him.
Back to top Go down
007bistromath
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:29 am

Quadratus wrote:
007bistromath wrote:

I think I actually ended at 42 or 43. I had just gone on my first or second raid ever. It was an intractable mess both times.

Also "raid" was something of a poor choice of words. What I was having more trouble with was finding groups for regular quests at that point, because the groups had to be larger, and travel to far-flung locations. Somebody's always leaving just when your last shows up. Giant pain in the ass without a guild.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:29 am

Somath Cegem wrote:
Penguin wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:

S'all good.

I think I'll resign my point, I still believe WoW is a good game and though I do think you're both being too harsh I can see why some people wouldn't like it, Now i'm off to play with my Shadow Priest, it's been too long since I've done a heroic with him.

Have fun! I wouldn't, but you know, good sports and all that.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:30 am

Alhazred wrote:
Wait, Quadratus is your sockpuppet? Shocked

....could you set "her" avatar back to that hot shirtless dude, then? Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 8638
No she isn't but I was just a little miffed that I was trying to make a reasoned argument (I say trying) and was being partially ignored in favour of the loon.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:33 am

007bistromath wrote:
Quadratus wrote:
007bistromath wrote:

I think I actually ended at 42 or 43. I had just gone on my first or second raid ever. It was an intractable mess both times.

Also "raid" was something of a poor choice of words. What I was having more trouble with was finding groups for regular quests at that point, because the groups had to be larger, and travel to far-flung locations. Somebody's always leaving just when your last shows up. Giant pain in the ass without a guild.

That's a giving on any old server. Most of the people are high level, and doing raids and heroics are getting guildmates to run them through stuff. I just learnt to deal with not getting any groups untill I hit Northrend. Azeroth is terrible. The questing, the zones, the dungeons. Ugh.

Somath Cegem wrote:

No she isn't but I was just a little miffed that I was trying to make a reasoned argument (I say trying) and was being partially ignored in favour of the loon.

If it's cazy to enjoy a good laugh, then I'm crazy.
Back to top Go down
007bistromath
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:36 am

Okay, see, that is what I am talking about. For somebody who likes the game, about 2/3s of it is painful.

Now, try to get people who aren't masochists to deal with that garbletrash long enough to get to what you consider is the good part. Have fun doing that. I won't.
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:36 am

Hmmm, I could get back to trying to XS that little fucker Savato...

...nah, Quaddie is the best troll I've seen in like, years, this is great.

Quote :
No she isn't but I was just a little miffed that
I was trying to make a reasoned argument (I say trying) and was being
partially ignored in favour of the loon.

...well....uh.....I still think you're hot! Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 777742
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:37 am

Quadratus wrote:
As oppose to "WoW sucks because it's not the games I like"?

No, it's "WoW sucks because it's a repetative, grind-tastic failwhale for Blizzard to milk."

Quote :
Really, I'm just sitting here pointing and laughing at your weak arguments to why WoW's to terrible.

YOU ARE ALL SO SMALL, IS FUNNY TO ME.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:38 am

007bistromath wrote:
Okay, see, that is what I am talking about. For somebody who likes the game, about 2/3s of it is painful.

Now, try to get people who aren't masochists to deal with that garbletrash long enough to get to what you consider is the good part. Have fun doing that. I won't.
It's easier when you do RaF. Triple XP and a free level each time your friend levels.

Alhazred wrote:

...nah, Quaddie is the best troll I've seen in like, years, this is great.
Your fault for giving me food, I took it and ran with it.

Last edited by Quadratus on Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
007bistromath
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:38 am

Alhazred wrote:
You mean trying to B Savato. I've seen your save file.
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:39 am

007bistromath wrote:
Alhazred wrote:
You mean trying to B Savato. I've seen your save file.

GODDAMMIT I HAVE TO START SOMEWHERE.
Back to top Go down
007bistromath
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:40 am

Quadratus wrote:
It's easier when you do RaF. Triple XP and a free level each time your friend levels.

Now it all makes sense.

The reason you're defending this game like it's holy ground is that you're trying to press gang people into it because you don't even like playing it anymore until the character you're working on has reached endgame.

Hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:42 am

007bistromath wrote:
Quadratus wrote:

Now it all makes sense.

The reason you're defending this game like it's holy ground is that you're trying to press gang people into it because you don't even like playing it anymore until the character you're working on has reached endgame.

Hilarious.
I'm not defending it, I'm milking a good valid argument other than "WoW is nothing but killing things" or "It's not like game x/y/z!" I get pissed when people compain about things they didn't watch, play, or read. If you're so vocal about your hatred of something you better have a very damn good reason for it. Hell, I'll argue with someone making retarded reasons for hating Dragon Ball Z.

And yes, it is hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:48 am

There's more to a valid argument than just saying "Your argument is invalid." It helps if you demonstrate why it's invalid.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:50 am

Penguin wrote:
There's more to a valid argument than just saying "Your argument is invalid." It helps if you demonstrate why it's invalid.
I don't like wasting too many words. It's not my style. Yeah
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:52 am

That's the thing, you don't make any other points. You just say YOU NEED TO PLAY IT MOAR!!

EDIT: And you edit like woah.

Last edited by Penguin on Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
007bistromath
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:52 am

Quadratus wrote:

My avatar is hideous; your argument is invalid.
Fixed that for you.

I have played it. I even liked it. And I am saying right now that everything those two have had to say about why they feel it's a stupid game is a dead-accurate representation of the game experience I had and enjoyed.

Different goddamn strokes, guy. The upshot of taste being subjective is that works will have different values for different people, and sometimes that value may be zero or less. When somebody's opinion of a thing designed for entertainment is that bad, there is usually something objectively wrong with its execution. Teh edn.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:57 am

007bistromath wrote:

Different goddamn strokes, guy. The upshot of taste being subjective is that works will have different values for different people, and sometimes that value may be zero or less. When somebody's opinion of a thing designed for entertainment is that bad, there is usually something objectively wrong with its execution. Teh edn.

Lol, I like that you can say, but just spent over 2,000 word expressing how much something sucks. Oh god, the hypocrisy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next