Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Milwaukee Mayor attacked with a metal pipe

Go down 
+4
Chris91
Lexin
Maximilia
rachel
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

Milwaukee Mayor attacked with a metal pipe Empty
PostSubject: Milwaukee Mayor attacked with a metal pipe   Milwaukee Mayor attacked with a metal pipe EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:45 pm

Mayor Barrett Recovering after Attack
Quote :
MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett remained hospitalized Sunday after a man attacked him with a metal pipe as the mayor tried to assist a grandmother screaming for help near the Wisconsin State Fair.

Barrett, 55, was in stable condition at a local hospital with a fractured hand and other head and hand wounds, official said.

The mayor had gone to the fair outside Milwaukee on Saturday night with his sister, two daughters and a niece. As the group left and walked to Barrett's car, they heard a woman screaming for someone to call 911, police said.

Police said the woman was a grandmother who was trying to protect her 1-year-old granddaughter from a 20-year-old man, an assault authorities characterized as a domestic dispute.

"The mayor stopped and said something (to the man) like, 'Let's all cool down here, I'm going to call 911,"' the mayor's spokesman Patrick Curley said. "He said it one or two times according to him. When he took out his phone, that's when the suspect attacked him."
Apparently the Mayor got dinged up a bit and he broke his hand when he punched the guy back, but he's doing OK. Nobody else was hurt, and the jerk who did this has been arrested. It all could have ended much worse.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Mayor attacked with a metal pipe   Milwaukee Mayor attacked with a metal pipe EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 6:23 am

This sounds like an antidote to me.
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Mayor attacked with a metal pipe   Milwaukee Mayor attacked with a metal pipe EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 6:26 am

Maximilia wrote:
Well, he did wind up in hospital...
Back to top Go down
Lexin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lexin

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Mayor attacked with a metal pipe   Milwaukee Mayor attacked with a metal pipe EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 6:42 am

rachel wrote:
Maximilia wrote:
I hope he was insured.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mpmrommel.co.uk
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Mayor attacked with a metal pipe   Milwaukee Mayor attacked with a metal pipe EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 7:00 am

Just thinking that the mayor, instead of calling for someone else or sitting inactive with a thumb up his butt, went to help a grandmother with her grandchild fend off an attacker. That's definitely an antidote. It sucks he got hurt, but it was in a noble cause.

EDIT: Spelling gud.

Last edited by Maximilia on Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Mayor attacked with a metal pipe   Milwaukee Mayor attacked with a metal pipe EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 9:37 am

Let's hope his attacker spends a long time in the slammer.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Mayor attacked with a metal pipe   Milwaukee Mayor attacked with a metal pipe EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 10:25 am

Maximilia wrote:

Whoa, I thought you meant it was an antidote because he was hit with the pipe. Milwaukee Mayor attacked with a metal pipe 611762
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Mayor attacked with a metal pipe   Milwaukee Mayor attacked with a metal pipe EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 10:29 am

Chris91 wrote:
Let's hope his attacker spends a long time in the slammer.

That tends to happen when mayors, especially big-city mayors, get personally involved in a case.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Mayor attacked with a metal pipe   Milwaukee Mayor attacked with a metal pipe EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 5:09 pm

Lexin wrote:
rachel wrote:
Maximilia wrote:

I hope he was insured.

You must be retarded. He's a mayor, all of Milwaukee will pay for it. Just because you live on another continent doesn't give you an excuse to be oblivious AND flippant.

Also, if the Mayor carried a gun, he would be just fine right now. :lolinsane:
Back to top Go down
quamp
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
quamp

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Mayor attacked with a metal pipe   Milwaukee Mayor attacked with a metal pipe EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 6:05 pm

Hmm... this sounds like a case of a young man raging against anyone and anything he can get his hands on.

The mayor was just trying to help. That's something that's rare in our politicians.
I'm just glad it wasn't a Texas politican that came to her rescue.
Back to top Go down
http://quamp.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Mayor attacked with a metal pipe   Milwaukee Mayor attacked with a metal pipe Empty

Back to top Go down

Milwaukee Mayor attacked with a metal pipe
Page 1 of 1