Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault

Go down 
+19
Penguin
Maximilia
Lady Anne
anangrychocobo
Verandering
T.S.Orr
Spotts1701
VB
Mikey Go WOOGA
A_Note_Chaotic
Aggie
gaijinguy
Narwhal
SirDixonDongs
grmblfjx
Cyberwulf
Chris91
theweirdkind
karmyn31
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault Empty
PostSubject: Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault   Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 12:06 pm

Ben Roethlisberger has been named a defendant in a sexual asault case. Details are sketchy right now, but his lawyer says he didn't do it.

Mikey, got an opinion on this one?
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault   Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 12:49 pm

I don't understand why this is bad news or even shocking. I vote this get moved to the couch.

P.S. It's spelled "assault".
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault   Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 6:54 pm

karmyn31 wrote:

Ben Roethlisberger has been named a defendant in a sexual asault case. Details are sketchy right now, but his lawyer says he didn't do it.

Mikey, got an opinion on this one?

If he does, he's keeping it to himself for now.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault   Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:46 pm

JESUS CHRIST, THE ATTORNEY NAMED THE ALLEGED VICTIM?!

karmyn31 wrote:
his lawyer says he didn't do it.

Well DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

and dear god the comments on that article
Back to top Go down
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault   Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 3:18 pm

Do yourself a favor, Cyberwulf. Never read comments on any article on SI.com or NFL.com. Those people are nuts.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault   Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 3:24 pm

Or Youtube, or IMDb.
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault   Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 3:26 pm

Or really 99.9% of the internet.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault   Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 3:43 pm

Quote :

the only thing worse the dog fighting is rape! Ben needs to be locked up 23 months, have his contract voided and be labled a monster by PETA....................

Even the people who aren't automatically assuming that this guy is innocent are total retards!
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault   Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 3:44 pm

How is PETA the authority on labeling rapists? scratch
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault   Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 3:45 pm

And I love how rape is the ONLY THING WORSE than dogfighting. What?!
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault   Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 4:07 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:

They named the alleged perp. Equal treatment, fancy that.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault   Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 4:15 pm

gaijinguy wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

Duh...sexual assault victims aren't named for fear that they'll be harrassed, abused and/or called a liar. They will have their entire life investigated, shat on, mocked and used as fodder for mysogynists/misandrists. If a man is the accuser he will likely be the target of homophobic violence; a woman will be either accused of 'being too ugly' to warrant such an act or being blamed for 'having lead him on' (which intensifies when the alleged perp is a celebrity). In short, naming the accuser in sexual assault crimes is a very bad thing to do, if not outright illegal.

Cyberwulf's outrage is absolutely warranted in this case. Fancy that.
Back to top Go down
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault   Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 4:42 pm

The PETA thing is a reference to Michael Vick, who was just released from prison. It's still unknown if his suspension will be reversed. Personally, I think he needs to stay out.
As for Plaxico Buress, he's a great player, but needs serious mental help.
I'm waiting for TO to do something crazy again. Others are stealing his spotlight.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault   Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 5:28 pm

grmblfjx wrote:
How is PETA the authority on labeling rapists? scratch

They're not much of an authority on anything...including animals.
Back to top Go down
A_Note_Chaotic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault   Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 5:32 pm

I live in Pgh., and I hate Roethlisberger so much (he is a douche, he is irresponsible, and I hate football), but I will admit to being a little curious regarding the timing of the accusation. I can understand if it took a while because of emotional trauma and everything, but whether it's true or not, I feel like her lawyer might have timed it so he knew he would get the best deal out of everything.

I feel for the girl, though - putting her name and photos up online is putting her at huge risk, I know how crazy the fans of Roethlisberger are. They'll freak out if you don't like him, let alone if you accuse him of something like this. I am concerned for her.

Check out the comments here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] WARNING: AD HEAVY
Back to top Go down
A_Note_Chaotic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault   Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 5:32 pm

Also the first thing I thought was ALL FOOTBALLERS ARE RAPISTS.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault   Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm

Criminal Probe Unlikely.

I fail to see how this ISN'T just a lady trying to get money.

Let's see, she doesn't file a criminal complaint at all, it takes her forever to file a civil suit, then blames everyone who said it didn't happen for covering it up.

Because really, it probably didn't happen, these people would be telling the truth, so naturally she'd have to say they're covering it up, because ONE party here has to be lying.

But hey, MAYBE there's real evidence that Big Ben raped her. Not just evidence that she WAS in his room, evidence that he actually raped her. But until I've heard it, he's innocent, and I'm skeptical about her motives.

It really sounds like she, as many Nevadaians (Nevadans? Nevadi?), is just trying to make a mortgage payment.

Also, I've been away at a qualifier, but I'm back now. So your that Mikey sized hole in your souls has once again been filled. Cool
Back to top Go down
VB
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
VB

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault   Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 6:33 pm

A_Note_Chaotic wrote:
Check out the comments here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] WARNING: AD HEAVY

Quote :
Rid Iculous said,

on July 22nd, 2009 at 12:34 pm

I agree with the earlier comment about if you are going
to rape someone at least make sure she’s hot. Rape against Andrea
wasn’t a crime, it’s a favor.
Men out there, this is proof that going “hoggin’” isn’t worth it.

Jesus. Hello Bile, my old bosom companion.
Back to top Go down
A_Note_Chaotic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault   Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 6:41 pm

VB wrote:
A_Note_Chaotic wrote:

Quote :
Rid Iculous said,

on July 22nd, 2009 at 12:34 pm

I agree with the earlier comment about if you are going
to rape someone at least make sure she’s hot. Rape against Andrea
wasn’t a crime, it’s a favor.
Men out there, this is proof that going “hoggin’” isn’t worth it.

Jesus. Hello Bile, my old bosom companion.

Seriously. It's disgusting.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault   Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 6:56 pm

Aggie wrote:
gaijinguy wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

Duh...sexual assault victims aren't named for fear that they'll be harrassed, abused and/or called a liar. They will have their entire life investigated, shat on, mocked and used as fodder for mysogynists/misandrists. If a man is the accuser he will likely be the target of homophobic violence; a woman will be either accused of 'being too ugly' to warrant such an act or being blamed for 'having lead him on' (which intensifies when the alleged perp is a celebrity). In short, naming the accuser in sexual assault crimes is a very bad thing to do, if not outright illegal.

Cyberwulf's outrage is absolutely warranted in this case. Fancy that.

The key word is "crimes" - if this were a criminal case then the accuser's name should not be made public. In fact, there are numerous court rules and rules of practice laying that out.

However, this is a civil case. And it's a civil case in which the accuser is the plaintiff (as opposed to criminal matters, where it would be "The State of Nevada v. John Smith"). Under that scenario, her name has to be disclosed because she is the one filing the suit.
Back to top Go down
T.S.Orr
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
T.S.Orr

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault   Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 2:17 am

Spotts right on. Who gives a damn about Roth I cannot stand him. I'm all for the Steelers. Always have been but Ben can go jump off a cliff.

Polamalu on the other hand....mmmmmm :viley: (we really need a girl masturbation icon)

Last edited by T.S.Orr on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cause at 3:18 I cannot spell)
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault   Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 4:03 am

Spotts1701 wrote:
The key word is "crimes" - if this were a criminal case then the accuser's name should not be made public. In fact, there are numerous court rules and rules of practice laying that out.

However, this is a civil case. And it's a civil case in which the accuser is the plaintiff (as opposed to criminal matters, where it would be "The State of Nevada v. John Smith"). Under that scenario, her name has to be disclosed because she is the one filing the suit.

Ahhh, I was unaware of that. Thank you for the correction.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault   Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 6:17 am

T.S.Orr wrote:
Polamalu on the other hand....mmmmmm :viley: (we really need a girl masturbation icon)
You mean this one? Schlick

Ok, on topic:

To summarize my two-hour argument with gai (yeah Blush ):

I think the judicial system (bear with me regarding the fuzzy terms, yes?) should treat everyone the same, as in, if they decide to protect everyone's identities and someone's name gets leaked they will continue to protect everyone else's identity. You can't ask the law to go against its own rules just because some gossipy neighbor or so did.

He thinks the system should ensure equal outcome for all parties, as in, if one party's name gets leaked the court should then publish everyone else's name, because else that would be an unfair advantage to the other party.

Which, I think, is kindergarten logic à la "Mommy my ball was stolen but Timmy still has his, it's not fair, do something!!!"

The bit that we both agree on is that no names should be disclosed at all. You don't know until afterwards which party is the victim, and in either case they are going through enough trouble without having their privacy compromised on top of it.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault   Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 10:23 am

T.S.Orr wrote:
Spotts right on. Who gives a damn about Roth I cannot stand him. I'm all for the Steelers. Always have been but Ben can go jump off a cliff.

Would you prefer Tommy Maddox still be the QB? :redangry: That guy was TERRIBLE. Big Ben may be dimwitted and goofy looking, but he doesn't make a habit of throwing four INTs a game. And he typically makes the plays he needs to make.

Also, you're missing about four commas. Razz
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault   Super Bowl QB accused of sexual asault EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 12:27 pm

Why did I bother? Why?
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next