Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"

Go down 
+14
V3N0M
lemmingwriter
rachel
ZOOLANDER
Knorg
Penguin
TheHedonist
bleachedblackcat
Mikey Go WOOGA
Lady Anne
Maximilia
Cyberwulf
TheIan
the asylum
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" Empty
PostSubject: CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"   CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 1:46 pm

This is not an Onion article.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
NATIONAL HARBOR, Maryland — A panel at the Conservative Political Action Committee on Republican minority outreach exploded into controversy on Friday afternoon, after an audience member defended slavery as good for African-Americans.

Ok, show of hands. Who here has heard this before? Lots, I'm sure. Let's keep going.

Quote :
The exchange occurred after an audience member from North Carolina, 30-year-old Scott Terry, asked whether Republicans could endorse races remaining separate but equal. After the presenter, K. Carl Smith of Frederick Douglass Republicans, answered by referencing a letter by Frederick Douglass forgiving his former master, the audience member said “For what? For feeding him and housing him?”

"Slavery was great! These slaves got free food and free shelter, and all they were asked of in return was being shackled up. And if they didn't work themselves to death in the fields every day, they just got violently whipped and beaten! Doesn't sound like a bad deal, does it?"

Now, to be fair, this next line is a complete and utter lie:

Quote :
Several people in the audience cheered and applauded Terry’s outburst.

When in reality, it was maybe one person off-camera, at most three. But that's besides the point. Let's keep going.

Quote :
After the exchange, Terry muttered under his breath, “why can’t we just have segregation?”

I don't know, maybe normal people believe in such silly things as "equality" and "social liberty." Stupid fuckin' concepts those are, huh?

Quote :
ThinkProgress spoke with Terry, who sported a Rick Santorum sticker and attended CPAC with a friend who wore a Confederate Flag-emblazoned t-shirt,

And this, my friends, is where you may stop reading. All essential information from this article ends here. At no moment past this point will you glean anything new. All further reading is just rubbing industrial-grade road salt into your wounds, topped off with freshly-squeezed lemon juice. You have been warned.

Still here? Grab yourself a bucket then, you're gonna need it.

Quote :
Terry maintained that white people have been “systematically disenfranchised” by federal legislation.

Not heaving yet? Well, try this one on for size then:

Quote :
When asked by ThinkProgress if he’d accept a society where African-Americans were permanently subservient to whites, he said “I’d be fine with that.”

Still not struggling to keep a swelling feeling of nausea confined to your stomach? Then try reading the coup d'grace:

Quote :
At one point, a woman challenged him on the Republican Party’s roots, to which Terry responded, “I didn’t know the legacy of the Republican Party included women correcting men in public.”

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that'll do 'er.

I hear cranberry juice and mint mouthwash is great at getting that taste out of your mouth.

Last edited by the asylum on Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"   CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 2:07 pm

CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" 556166
I just... I...
CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" 556166
Holy fuck, what is--
CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" 556166 Huh. I didn't have corn last night...
Really, Republicans? Really?!
This is 2013 and we still haven't mass-produced flying cars, interstellar-travel, a cure for cancer that doesn't involve death, giant fighting mobile suits, or a wig that looks good on Donald Trump, and Republicans STILL want to set us back another century?!
What unwashed inbred high school drop-out buck-toothed hicks voted for these bozos?!
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"   CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 3:50 pm

TheIan wrote:

What unwashed inbred high school drop-out buck-toothed hicks voted for these bozos?!
Exactly the people the Republican party have been courting for years. White people - men in particular - from the lower middle class (or whatever the fuck people who aren't completely dirt poor are known as now) who can't make enough money to make ends meet. People who hear "affirmative action" and see it as "blacks and Mexicans getting a free ride" because they've never cracked a history book in their lives. People who feel like they're unemployed because immigints terk their jerbs. Rather than do anything to address the economic and social situation and get votes that way, the Republican Party prefers to tell these people "YES YOU'RE RIGHT THE BLACKS AND ILLEGALS AND THE GAYS TOO ARE COMING TO TAKE EVERYTHING AND NOW WE HAVE A BLACK PRESIDENT WHO WASN'T EVEN BORN HERE AND HE'S AN ISLAM HE'LL TAKE EVERYTHING EVERYTHING VOTE FOR US FOR WE ARE YOUR ONLY HOPE". Then a member of the lunatic fringe opens his mouth at something like this and suddenly WHOA WHOA WE DIDN'T MEAN THAT but it's their own damn fault for pandering to racists and exploiting people's irrational fears.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"   CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 4:34 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
TheIan wrote:

People who feel like they're unemployed because immigints terk their jerbs.

I had to.

Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"   CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:33 pm

the asylum wrote:
Quote :
The exchange occurred after an audience member from North Carolina, 30-year-old Scott Terry, asked whether Republicans could endorse races remaining separate but equal. After the presenter, K. Carl Smith of Frederick Douglass Republicans, answered by referencing a letter by Frederick Douglass forgiving his former master, the audience member said “For what? For feeding him and housing him?”

"Slavery was great! These slaves got free food and free shelter, and all they were asked of in return was being shackled up. And if they didn't work themselves to death in the fields every day, they just got violently whipped and beaten! Doesn't sound like a bad deal, does it?"
Jesus Fucking Christ. Lincoln must be rolling in his grave.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"   CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:29 am

You people are seriously fucking clowns. Two people at a large convention are racist dicks, so clearly every person at the convention, along with the group hosting the convention, is a racist dick.

BRILLIANT LOGIC

Keep fishing for imaginary bullshit to hold against the Republicans because the Democrats are busy throwing a nationwide hissyfit because they didn't get their way, AGAIN, over the sequester.

PS: Cranberry juice is bitching. Don't taint it by letting its name slip from your fucking retard mouths.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"   CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:07 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
You people are seriously fucking clowns. Two people at a large convention are racist dicks, so clearly every person at the convention, along with the group hosting the convention, is a racist dick.

BRILLIANT LOGIC

Keep fishing for imaginary bullshit to hold against the Republicans because the Democrats are busy throwing a nationwide hissyfit because they didn't get their way, AGAIN, over the sequester.

PS: Cranberry juice is bitching. Don't taint it by letting its name slip from your fucking retard mouths.
You were at the convention. Admit it.

Also: Cranberry Juice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"   CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:28 am

Lady Anne wrote:
Also: Cranberry Juice.
As JonTron would say, "Yeck!"
Honestly, cranberry juice is not my favorite. It's too tart for me. What I really go for is a robust orange juice with the pulp.

Pulp-free orange juice is for pussies.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"   CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:35 pm

Have to agree a bit with Mikey on this. A handful of people being racist (and sexist) is now news? I need to start recording the crazy people around me and placing it on this site then.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"   CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:40 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
TheIan wrote:

Exactly the people the Republican party have been courting for years. White people - men in particular - from the lower middle class (or whatever the fuck people who aren't completely dirt poor are known as now) who can't make enough money to make ends meet. People who hear "affirmative action" and see it as "blacks and Mexicans getting a free ride" because they've never cracked a history book in their lives. People who feel like they're unemployed because immigints terk their jerbs. Rather than do anything to address the economic and social situation and get votes that way, the Republican Party prefers to tell these people "YES YOU'RE RIGHT THE BLACKS AND ILLEGALS AND THE GAYS TOO ARE COMING TO TAKE EVERYTHING AND NOW WE HAVE A BLACK PRESIDENT WHO WASN'T EVEN BORN HERE AND HE'S AN ISLAM HE'LL TAKE EVERYTHING EVERYTHING VOTE FOR US FOR WE ARE YOUR ONLY HOPE". Then a member of the lunatic fringe opens his mouth at something like this and suddenly WHOA WHOA WE DIDN'T MEAN THAT but it's their own damn fault for pandering to racists and exploiting people's irrational fears.
QFT

I actually used pieces of this paragraph in a facebook argument with a relative of mine. You said it a lot more succinctly than I could've.

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

BRILLIANT LOGIC

guys it's okay to pretend to be a racist dick to court the vote of racist dicks

noted

ps remember the clinton surplus

where'd it go lol
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"   CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 2:18 pm

bleachedblackcat wrote:
Have to agree a bit with Mikey on this. A handful of people being racist (and sexist) is now news? I need to start recording the crazy people around me and placing it on this site then.

We DO have an "incredibly dumb things you've heard people say" thread that's gotten boring/dead lately.
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"   CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 12:25 am

So was there an actual date when the Republicans swapped from being the party with guys like Lincoln and the Democrats being the party whose voters and/or members started the KKK, or did it just happen over time?

Knorg,
not as knowledgeable about American political history as about Early Modern enclosure riots.
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"   CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 7:27 am

What happened, America? You used to be cool.
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"   CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 9:05 am

Knorg wrote:
So was there an actual date when the Republicans swapped from being the party with guys like Lincoln and the Democrats being the party whose voters and/or members started the KKK, or did it just happen over time?

Knorg,
not as knowledgeable about American political history as about Early Modern enclosure riots.
The KKK faction were furous with the Democratic Party when LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965. The Republicans took advantage of this to woo them over to the other side (see: "Southern Strategy" for more details).

ETA: I should have figured there'd be wiki on it.

Last edited by rachel on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"   CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 11:56 am

Thanks for for this info and for pointing me in the place to look for more! Will check it out.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"   CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 3:12 pm

Knorg.

Buddy.

Don't ever listen to rachel. She is for reelz as dumb as I act. And you're smarter than that.

Details here. A higher percentage of Republicans voted for the 1964 Civil Rights Act than did Democrats. It really wasn't a party line vote, it was split more geographically. Northerners mostly voted for it, and southerners almost entirely voted against it. With "southern" in this case meaning Ye Olde Confederacy States and "northern" meaning every other state.

Retards like rachel do the same thing with Clinton. Trying to give him ALL THE CREDIT for the economic expansion that occurred under him when the policies that allowed that to happen were mostly implemented as a result of the Republican House and Senate forcing such policies on Clinton. Clinton, to his credit, at least realized that it was smart politically to go along with the legislation and did so (or maybe I'm not giving Clinton enough credit and he honestly thought that it was good economic policy, not just good politics, to play along). In contrast to Obama, who throws a hissy fit like a petulant 6 year old whenever the Republican House disagrees with him. Then all his sycophantic fucking idiot supporters, completely incapable of rational thought or reasoned debate, shit all over the coffee table and just call everyone who is not in line to suck Obama's no doubt massive penis a racist.

-The World According to Mikey. Excitedplz
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"   CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:39 am

Penguin wrote:
bleachedblackcat wrote:

We DO have an "incredibly dumb things you've heard people say" thread that's gotten boring/dead lately.

It's because I haven't had anyone say anything terribly stupid in class yet. They've been pretty quiet this quarter, but we can try again starting in about two weeks. New quarter = new opportunities to watch classmates make fools of themselves.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"   CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 2:33 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
In contrast to Obama, who throws a hissy fit like a petulant 6 year old whenever the Republican House disagrees with him.

To be fair the Republican House does the same thing in the opposite direction.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"   CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 3:27 pm

[quote="TheHedonist"]
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
In contrast to Obama, who throws a hissy fit like a petulant 6 year old whenever the Republican House disagrees with him.

To be fair the Republican House does the same thing in the opposite direction.[/quote

What? People in the upper levels of the government having less sharing and compromise skills then the average preschool child? What is this?
Back to top Go down
V3N0M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
V3N0M

PostSubject: Re: CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"   CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 12:39 am

Quote :
Terry maintained that white people have been “systematically disenfranchised” by federal legislation.

Let's see...

"flash mobs" in Philadelphia, Chicago, NYC, and other cities with large black populations, conisisting of large numbers of black people trashing stores and threatening white homeowners in broad daylight, with police not responding until the mobs get bored and leave.

The New York Fire Department (the same one that dragged people out of the rubble on 9/11) being fined $129 million dollars by a federal judge because black and hispanic applicants couldn't pass a standardized intelligence test. Now the FDNY has to endanger the New Yorkers by lowering their standards. You might burn to death but don't you feel good knowing Quantavius and Jose can finally be judged by the color of their skin rather than what's between their ears?

Obama's "Voting is the best revenge" liune while on the campaign trail in Springfield Ohio. Revenge against who, Mr. President?

Malcom X groupies throughout the soft disciplines in academia, who will flunk students who don't agree with them.

Government sanctioned "Sharia Law Zones" in Europe where the country's regular laws don't apply and the cops won't patrol.

Broad definition of hate speech that includes criticism of just about anything, with a low bar for evidence. England even gave one man three years for "hate speech" and only 6 months for possession of child pornography. The crown also spies on private emails and one time arrested the wrong man for a racist email.

News media regularly identifying white criminals as such but black criminals as "youths" even if they're 40. Too many examples to count, even Christopher Dorner was not immediately identified as black even when the police needed help catching him. The race of criminal "youths" can sometimes be identified by where in a city the crime took place-"diverse" neighorhood are usually homogenous.

But no, whites still get singled out even though most nonwhite countries (including grorious nippon) are horrible places to live, and nonwhiltes take land by force too (For example, the name of the Zimbabwean city of Bulawayo means "place of slaughter." It had that name long before a signle European set foot in Zimbabwe.)
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"   CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:31 am

...wow.
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"   CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 2:18 am

V3nom, you are aware that violations of the civil rights act of 1964 come with serious ramifications for those with access to the eeoc and assorted human rights commissions, right? You must also be aware that the reverse is true, in the sense if you're a white person and feel discriminated against you may also file a charge. It's not to make it to where omg, nonwhites are taking over the world!!! but to make it more bearable to have justice on your side for perceived discrimination and possible loss of potential, potential pay, and harm and suffering.

See, what I'm going through right now. I'm a non Native trying to figure out how to do this on tribal land. Of course the preference is going to skew towards discrimination if I'm either female or a member of the tribe or both. But non-native men get discriminated against too

it's there to protect all of us and our jobs, honey
you may even get a nice settlement- who wants a quarter of a million dollars to 1) do the right thing to set precedent for people who come after you and 2) move to wherever you wish??

and it has to be specifically discrimination, or sexual harassment, or retaliation for making such a claim
whistleblowing ahhhhh
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"   CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 2:42 am

V3N0M wrote:
WAH WAH WAH OMG I'M BEING DISCRIMINATED AGAINST EVEN THOUGH I'M A WHITE MALE! I'M A MINORITY! WHITEY BAND TOGETHER AGAINST OUR OPPRESSORS

Fixed that for you, so it's funnier and with a ton less bullshit.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"   CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 3:19 am

Maximilia wrote:
Fixed that for you, so it's funnier and with a ton less bullshit.
shh Max don't you know that since Mississippi ratified that amendment the exception is the rule or something?

THANKS, OBAMA
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"   CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:42 am

V3N0M wrote:
Quote :

Let's see...

"flash mobs" in Philadelphia, Chicago, NYC, and other cities with large black populations, conisisting of THE NIGGER-LUVVIN' COPS WONT GO IN AND BASH SOME SKULLS OPEN

The New York Fire Department (the same one that dragged people out of the rubble on 9/11) being fined $129 million dollars by a federal judge because FUCK YOUR CULTURAL BIAS, SPICS AND PORCH MONKEYS ARE TOO STUPID TO BE FIREMEN

Obama's COMING TO FEAST ON THE BLOOD OF WHITE CHILDREN

Malcom X groupies throughout the soft disciplines in academia, who WAAAAAH I PISSED AWAY MY EDUCATION BY DRINKING FOR FOUR YEARS

Government sanctioned NOW I'M JUST MAKING SHIT UP

Broad definition of POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD

News media regularly MORE SHIT I'M MAKING UP

But no, whites still get singled out even though most nonwhite countries (including RACISM) are horrible places to live THAT MEANS ALL NONWHITES EVERYWHERE ARE FUCKING SUBHUMAN SCUM AND SHOULD BE PERSECUTED FOREVER

WHAT DO YOU MEAN EFFECTS OF COLONIALISM AND VARIOUS FORMS OF INTERNATIONAL MEDDLING BY THE SO-CALLED "CIVILISED" WORLD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"   CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!" Empty

Back to top Go down

CPAC participant: "Slavery was awesome!"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next