Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Police Battling Trolls On Facebook

Go down 
+2
Aggie
ZOOLANDER
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ZOOLANDER
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
ZOOLANDER

Police Battling Trolls On Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Police Battling Trolls On Facebook   Police Battling Trolls On Facebook EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 4:35 am

Click it, bitches

Quote :
POLICE are under siege from internet trolls, with the force's social media sites bombarded with racist and sexist abuse.

Trollface Problem, officers?

Quote :
A sweep of the page by The Sunday Times this week uncovered many offensive comments and threads from which posts had been deleted by the page moderators.

Despite moderators working seven days a week to delete offensive comments, some clangers were left public.

The best part? It wasn't even /b/, just a horde of bogans.

Quote :
A police post seeking witnesses to an incident in Rockingham sparked a slew of racist remarks about the suburb many of them now deleted.

The post had 55 comments, but only 12 were still visible. One of those said: "Guys, guys, guys. Please, there is no need to carry on trashing Rockingham! The people who live there have already done it for you."

YOU DUN GOOFED

CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME

Quote :
Several posts spruiking the police force as a career drew sarcastic comments. "Learn how to bash people up and lie in court ... fantastic career," one user said.

A July video post of Police Minister Liza Harvey announcing new drink-driving laws had the comment: "How about tougher laws on police brutality?"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
"About one hour a day on average is spent moderating and updating the page. Just like any other public organisation or company with a Facebook presence, WA Police expects people to be polite, respectful and abide by our terms of use, and it seems the majority of our site visitors want that too."

Yeeeeaaaaah... no. Just count yourselves lucky it's only been bogans so far. Professional trolls are much more of a nuisance. Police Battling Trolls On Facebook 961878
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Police Battling Trolls On Facebook   Police Battling Trolls On Facebook EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 5:56 am

An hour a day? Psht. That's hardly enough to moderate a website, let alone update it as well.
Back to top Go down
Drabbler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Drabbler

PostSubject: Re: Police Battling Trolls On Facebook   Police Battling Trolls On Facebook EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 6:42 am

xerrofoot wrote:
Quote :
Several posts spruiking the police force as a career drew sarcastic comments.
Hmm, a bit of Aussie slang I don't remember ever hearing before. [And yeah, I knew what bogans were from an episode of The Gruen Transfer I saw a year or two ago.]
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Police Battling Trolls On Facebook   Police Battling Trolls On Facebook EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 8:07 am

Personally I'd title this thread "Police completely wasting their time trying to stop people being assholes on the Internet when they could be working on murders."
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Police Battling Trolls On Facebook   Police Battling Trolls On Facebook EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 8:48 am

Aggie wrote:
An hour a day? Psht. That's hardly enough to moderate a website, let alone update it as well.

I'll be sure to tell Western Australia's finest how terribly lazy they're being. Razz

Drabbler wrote:
xerrofoot wrote:
Quote :
Several posts spruiking the police force as a career drew sarcastic comments.
Hmm, a bit of Aussie slang I don't remember ever hearing before. [And yeah, I knew what bogans were from an episode of The Gruen Transfer I saw a year or two ago.]

Where are you from? ("Spruiking" = promoting)

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
Personally I'd title this thread "Police completely wasting their time trying to stop people being assholes on the Internet when they could be working on murders."

eeyup
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Police Battling Trolls On Facebook   Police Battling Trolls On Facebook EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:46 am

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:

Meh. This is probably the kind of thing that gets foisted off on civilian (non-sworn) employees hired for assorted tasks or on whatever the local equivalent of Police Explorer Scouts or Cadets happens to be.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Police Battling Trolls On Facebook   Police Battling Trolls On Facebook EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 12:16 pm

Aggie wrote:

That depends on the level of moderation desired compared to the level of lunacy displayed by the posters.

For instance, this place and /b/ require very little moderation because, even though the posters are mostly batshit retards incapable of staying on topic, no one cares.

Forums that actually want to focus discussion onto particular topics, or want to restrain profanity, or insist that posters act friendly to each other usually require an insane amount of moderation as everyone on the internet is a batshit retard that is incapable of staying on topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Police Battling Trolls On Facebook   Police Battling Trolls On Facebook Empty

Back to top Go down

Police Battling Trolls On Facebook
Page 1 of 1