Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anita Sarkeesian vs. Every Loveshy Guy Ever

Go down 
+13
Ratchetmon
rae
TheHedonist
Jay/Cris
Just Chipper
WD40
Disco Stu
Maximilia
Cyberwulf
the asylum
Penguin
Mikey Go WOOGA
Sakurelf
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

Anita Sarkeesian vs. Every Loveshy Guy Ever - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anita Sarkeesian vs. Every Loveshy Guy Ever   Anita Sarkeesian vs. Every Loveshy Guy Ever - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:51 pm

Just Chipper wrote:
Reidmar wrote:
Colbert
Over the past year I've really started to hate this dumb fucking emote and its usage.

"HERE'S MY OPINION I DARE YOU TO ARGUE WITH IT Colbert Colbert Colbert"

Shut up.

Colbert
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Anita Sarkeesian vs. Every Loveshy Guy Ever   Anita Sarkeesian vs. Every Loveshy Guy Ever - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 2:25 pm

Just Chipper wrote:
Reidmar wrote:
Colbert
Over the past year I've really started to hate this dumb fucking emote and its usage.

"HERE'S MY OPINION I DARE YOU TO ARGUE WITH IT Colbert Colbert Colbert"

Colbert Or... y'know, I was just saying what I read. I think anyone would hate this smiley more though. seeing as how I use it all the time. Anita Sarkeesian vs. Every Loveshy Guy Ever - Page 2 896582
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Anita Sarkeesian vs. Every Loveshy Guy Ever   Anita Sarkeesian vs. Every Loveshy Guy Ever - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 2:32 pm

Reidmar wrote:
Colbert Or... y'know, I was just saying what I read.

Yes. Let's be rude to people for attempting to explore the issue at hand. Excellent idea.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Anita Sarkeesian vs. Every Loveshy Guy Ever   Anita Sarkeesian vs. Every Loveshy Guy Ever - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 6:53 pm

TheHedonist wrote:
Reidmar wrote:
Colbert Or... y'know, I was just saying what I read.

Yes. Let's be rude to people for attempting to explore the issue at hand. Excellent idea.

It's kind of the modus operandi around here, putz. Colbert
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Anita Sarkeesian vs. Every Loveshy Guy Ever   Anita Sarkeesian vs. Every Loveshy Guy Ever - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:22 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
It's kind of the modus operandi around here, putz. Colbert

All of this Colbert ing makes me miss mafi.

guess I'm just nostalgic these days
Back to top Go down
Eeveegou
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Eeveegou

PostSubject: Re: Anita Sarkeesian vs. Every Loveshy Guy Ever   Anita Sarkeesian vs. Every Loveshy Guy Ever - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:44 pm

To bring it back to topic, there is an awful lot of blatant woman-hating in the current stream. And though I'm not a "rampant feminist" I'm starting to feel the cold-shoulder in the American culture. It could certainly be worse, but I do notice a violent scramble for control over my sex and the subtle push towards marginalization.

What I do think is the image that was placed in here earlier of the average person, when hiding behind a computer screen, has a chance to act out their id. This forum is also full of bullies (surprise surprise from a snarking forum) that I often times wonder how everyone truly acts away from the computer. Often times I can't find myself to be mad or frustrated with trolls as I've given the benefit of the doubt that they are fully capable of being good people. I don't doubt that they smile and say "thank you" or "I'm sorry" in a very sincere way when they're away from the internet. Even some of our more antagonistic members I believe are decent in reality (I have a hard time calling the internet not reality, because let's face it, it's a big part of our lives and exists within our realities) BUT!!!!

If cyber bullying is becoming a rampant problem, we should all collectively take it seriously and not just say "You shouldn't take the internet so seriously" Why not? Because it's disconnected in some way? I've written entire posts snarking a person only to give it a reread and realize that I could potentially ruin a person's day or week or for quite some time. I erase all of it and just leave him/her alone.

I think what happened to Anita Sarkeesian doesn't just involve the misogyny that is rampant among people who play Mario Bros., but it's about bullying and harassment over the internet and we need to start really thinking about how our online conduct influences people. Actual people. Not just text on a screen.
Back to top Go down
http://eeveegou.deviantart.com
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Anita Sarkeesian vs. Every Loveshy Guy Ever   Anita Sarkeesian vs. Every Loveshy Guy Ever - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:56 pm

Eeveegou wrote:
And though I'm not a "rampant feminist" I'm starting to feel the cold-shoulder in the American culture. It could certainly be worse, but I do notice a violent scramble for control over my sex and the subtle push towards marginalization.
Subtle? Maybe some people are subtle, but not those idiot politicians who go around pandering to their misogynistic constituents--in fact, sometimes I think politics is a game of determining who can be the biggest dickwad. You're right about the control thing, though--all that debate over whether birth control should be covered by insurance (or even be allowed at all) and the obnoxious jackassery of men like Rush Limbaugh and Rick Santorum--it's all about controlling women.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Reidmar
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Anita Sarkeesian vs. Every Loveshy Guy Ever   Anita Sarkeesian vs. Every Loveshy Guy Ever - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:21 pm

Eeveegou wrote:
violent scramble for control over my sex and the subtle.

Pffffffffft, Politicians and Subtle?

Trollface
Back to top Go down
Hawaiian Shirt
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Hawaiian Shirt

PostSubject: Re: Anita Sarkeesian vs. Every Loveshy Guy Ever   Anita Sarkeesian vs. Every Loveshy Guy Ever - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:46 pm

Well, it's not subtle to everyone, but it is managing to creep back into the public discourse and have serious effects on the way people think without them knowing it. We're not as intellectually defensible as you may think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anita Sarkeesian vs. Every Loveshy Guy Ever   Anita Sarkeesian vs. Every Loveshy Guy Ever - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anita Sarkeesian vs. Every Loveshy Guy Ever
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2