Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd

Go down 
+10
Snake Bandage
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Sakurelf
Lady Anne
I_Lam_Edhellen
Chris91
Salamas
WD40
Raine
Seule
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd Empty
PostSubject: 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd   6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:34 pm

I will just. Leave these.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd   6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 3:51 am

I saw just saw this on the news.

WHAT THE FUCK DUDE? WHAT THE FUCK??
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd   6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 4:11 am

Oh, god.

Quote :
Police in Belgium have found a woman's body in a shed belonging to a gunman who went on the rampage in the centre of Liege on Tuesday.

Back to top Go down
Salamas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Salamas

PostSubject: Re: 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd   6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 10:48 am

Oh god, that's terrible.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd   6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 11:33 am

Raine wrote:
I saw just saw this on the news.

WHAT THE FUCK DUDE? WHAT THE FUCK??

What the fuck indeed. No I don't envy the cops who had to process that crime scene or question the witnesses.
Back to top Go down
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
I_Lam_Edhellen

PostSubject: Re: 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd   6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 12:05 pm

The first thing I thought of when I read this the other day was that it was related to terrorism, but now it sounds like a crazy guy just decided to blow as many people as he could up.

I guess the motive doesn't matter. This is just sick and twisted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.realelvish.net
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd   6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 3:03 pm

I_Lam_Edhellen wrote:
The first thing I thought of when I read this the other day was that it was related to terrorism, but now it sounds like a crazy guy just decided to blow as many people as he could up.

Yup.

From what I gather, he was a gun nut with a violent history who was due in court and was terrifed/convinced that he was going to be sent to prison. He made up his mind to kill himself, and then, I guess, thought: Fuck it, I'm gonna take some other people with me.

Scumbag.

(Oh, and Ann Coulter and the regular bleating crowd over here have already called Muslim on him. Regardless of this family, friends and lawyer all denying the fact.)
Back to top Go down
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
I_Lam_Edhellen

PostSubject: Re: 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd   6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 3:06 pm

Crazy guys who want to see the world burn seem to be a phenomenon not restricted to any one culture or religion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.realelvish.net
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd   6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 6:31 pm

Yes, because "Nordine" is such an Islamic name... islamic, nordic, what's the difference? and "armani"... sounds kinda foreign right?
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd   6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 8:55 pm

Seule wrote:
Yes, because "Nordine" is such an Islamic name... islamic, nordic, what's the difference? and "armani"... sounds kinda foreign right?
Actually, Islam is one of those religions that has adherents from all different countries and cultures--a Muslim can have any name.

There is no evidence that this guy, however, killed people in the name of Islam or any other religion--religion is not required for insane behavior.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd   6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 9:33 pm

Seule wrote:

Speaking of Norway and killing sprees...
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd   6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 6:27 am

Lady Anne wrote:
Seule wrote:
Actually, Islam is one of those religions that has adherents from all different countries and cultures--a Muslim can have any name.

There is no evidence that this guy, however, killed people in the name of Islam or any other religion--religion is not required for insane behavior.

I was commenting more that they pretty much just saw that he was brownish and had a kinda foreign name (who woulda thunk, living in Belgium) and went AH HAH! MUSLIM! MUUUSSSLIIIIM!

But yeah, it just looks like he didn't want to go to prison, figured he'd kill himself and take some innocents down too.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd   6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 6:52 am

Seule wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
Seule wrote:

I was commenting more that they pretty much just saw that he was brownish and had a kinda foreign name (who woulda thunk, living in Belgium) and went AH HAH! MUSLIM! MUUUSSSLIIIIM!

There are people out there who will do every thing they can to twist every tragic event like this to suit their islamophobic agendas.

I was on facebook last night and took part in this thread:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We pressed second-from-last fella on his statement, and got this:

The thread also linked to various news articles, including the overtly islamophobic Daily Mail, in order to 'prove' that 'look it was a fuckin dirty muzzie wot done it u scum', to quote one of the posters.

All the articles they linked to included this line:

Quote :
Miss Amrani, the lawyer, dismissed any possible terrorist motives for the attack. "He did not feel at all Moroccan. He did not speak a word of Arabic and was not Muslim. What he said is that he felt a Belgian,"

I even pointed that out in the EDL's thread:

Quote :
Seriously, if even the Daily Mail lets you down when you're trying to pin something on Muslims, then it's prolly time to give up.

I was banned.

This morning, I was linked to this.

Which includes this line:

Quote :
In Liege, the Muslim (though born and raised in Belgium, Nordine Amrani remained Moroccan and Muslim in his mental makeup) gunman fired at non-Muslim Belgians at an open-air Christmas market.

So... The Muslim, although he wasn't Moroccan and wasn't a Muslim, was Moroccan and was a Muslim. Clear as mud, huh?

Also, as was pointed out in the comments in the article:
Quote :
one of his victims, Mehdi Nathan Belhadj, was a Muslim.

The "He was a Muslim" link is still up on Atlas Shrugged. (Google it yourselves, there are some things I won't link to.. Partially out of disgust, and partially because the site has a tendency to crash my browser) Now sexed up with a 'link' to, I'm told, an unrelated group of nutters who supposedly threatened begum a few days before.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd   6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 5:02 am

Hmmm, is anybody else suspecting that the second Holocaust will involve a genocide on Islam?
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd   6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 7:11 am

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
Hmmm, is anybody else suspecting that the second Holocaust will involve a genocide on Islam?

Yeah, I just felt a need to quote this, point and gape in horror.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd   6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 9:01 am

Snake Bandage wrote:
Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:

Yeah, I just felt a need to quote this, point and gape in horror.

Comparisons between pre-war treatment of Jews and current treatment of Muslims are quite common, and produce quite a few worrying similarities.

The wish-lists of far right groups in quite a few parts of Europe often make references to 'the Muslim problem', and look to mass deportation as a reply to their perceived 'taking over of our society'. (Quite where they should be deported to, or who'd have them is never answered... And considering the violent, 'string 'em up' rhetoric that accompanies these calls, it does lead people to wonder what 'solution' they'd find for it should they ever have to face it)

Hell, France has seen fit to ban the Burka completely, don't forget. Deliberately singling out the 2 million or so Muslims within Frances near 66,000,000 population because of 'security & identification fears'. Ski masks and full-face balaclavas remain legal.

Similar laws have been passed or considered in other pats of Europe. - Info Here

Recently, France has had to prosecute two women who steadfastly refuse to remove their veils. The first hearing had to be abandoned, as neither women were allowed into the courtroom whist wearing those self-same veils.

The two have since been fined, but have stated they will take their case to the European Court of Human Rights.

Harley's statement is extreme, sure, and is very unlikely to happen, but the similarities between modern islamophobic speech and laws and the anti-semitic sentiments that brought about the holocaust are far too close to be ignored.
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd   6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 2:02 pm

I'm not about to ignore those similarities. I live in Israel, Arabs have been second-class citizens here for decades. But I'd really rather not see Holocaust comparisons until Arabs get locked up in ghettos and get killed off systematically. Which hopefully will NOT happen, because I want to think we've learned something from the Holocaust.

(I'm fooling myself aren't I)
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd   6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 5:05 pm

Well hey, we're already laying the legal groundwork.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd   6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 7:25 pm

Another comparison - pre-war Germany was in a depression. They needed a scapegoat who wasn't the government, so they blamed it on the Jews, who controlled a lot of banks at the time.

Now a lot of governments are striving to blame everything on terrorists, and when not them, illiegal immigrants, which by extension is currently busy meaning "Islamic Extremists" which by some people's extension means "Muslims" which by extension becomes "Anybody who looks Middle-Eastern."

We are gloomily heading towards that slippery slope which, while it is not necesserily genocide-bound, has no good destination, leading ultimately to fear and predjudice.

People who bury their heads in the sand really need to get a hold on reality BEFORE the ghettos and death camps once again become a viable solution. It sounds extreme I know, but these things happen by degrees so much that you sometimes don't notice until it's too late.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd   6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 8:11 pm

Don't worry, it'll all work out after WW3, we all learn our less and give Muslims their own place in the Middle East.

Oh wait.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd   6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 8:53 am

Oh come on. Everybody knows that there won't BE an 'after' after WW3.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd   6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 9:49 am

No it won't.

War never changes. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd   6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 2:03 pm

Maybe but I bet a nuke or two will sure shake shit up.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd   6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 5:45 pm

Does that picture look like shit hasn't been shaking up? Colbert

Good News: Nuclear winter means SO MUCH HOCKEY. And not your sissy field hockey horseshit. Real goddamn checking, fighting, HAHAHAHAHFUCKYOUPRONGER, Blood on the Ice hockey. 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd 588739

Bad News: No golf courses. 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd 309696 Grass doesn't seem to grow well in the Wasteland.

More Good News: Fucking Rory will probably be dead. Excitedplz
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd   6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 6:45 pm

Snake Bandage wrote:
I'm not about to ignore those similarities. I live in Israel, Arabs have been second-class citizens here for decades. But I'd really rather not see Holocaust comparisons until Arabs get locked up in ghettos and get killed off systematically. Which hopefully will NOT happen, because I want to think we've learned something from the Holocaust.

(I'm fooling myself aren't I)

Eeyup, 'fraid so. When it comes to humanity, stupidity is infinite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd   6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd Empty

Back to top Go down

6 Dead, 100+ injured after grenades are thrown into Belgian shopping crowd
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next