Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Isn't it great living in the 21st century?

Go down 
+10
Cyberwulf
Seule
ZOOLANDER
Penguin
Sakurelf
rachel
zootie
Rabid Badger
bleachedblackcat
the asylum
14 posters
AuthorMessage
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

Isn't it great living in the 21st century? Empty
PostSubject: Isn't it great living in the 21st century?   Isn't it great living in the 21st century? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Some things we take for granted in the civilized world, and even in the age of reason. Things like the right to vote, acess to legal counsel, free speech, and so on. Believe me when I say I that I'm thankful that we're living in the 21st century.

Everyone, I guess, except these people:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
Small Ky. church bans interracial couples

Quick! Check your calendar! Yes, it's 2011, even if this headline gave you some serious doubts.

Quote :
(AP) LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A tiny all-white church in the rural South has voted to ban interracial couples from joining its flock, pitting members against each other in an argument over race.

Members at the Gulnare Free Will Baptist Church in Kentucky voted Sunday on the resolution, which says the church "does not condone interracial marriage."

But wait, surely this doesn't mean that these people are racists, right?

Quote :
The church member who crafted the resolution, Melvin Thompson, said he is not racist and called the matter an "internal affair."

"I am not racist. I will tell you that. I am not prejudiced against any race of people, have never in my lifetime spoke evil" about a race, said Thompson, the church's former pastor who stepped down earlier this year. "That's what this is being portrayed as, but it is not."

"See, they only think that denying people of other races any freedom based on their skin is racism. That got-dang liberal media is crafty like that!"

Quote :
Dean Harville, the church's secretary, said he was counting the church offering after a service in early August when he was approached by Thompson, who told him Harville's daughter and her boyfriend were no longer allowed to sing at the church.

"If he's not racist, what is this?" Harville said of Thompson.

A proud righteous fellow American, who valiantly upholds the ideals of freedom, liberty, and equality an- oh fuck this seriously even my sarcsm has its limits

Quote :
The vote by members last Sunday was 9-6, Harville said. [...] The resolution says anyone is welcome to attend services, but interracial couples could not become members or be "used in worship services or other church functions."

yeah i got nothing left in the tank to rip this apart im done
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it great living in the 21st century?   Isn't it great living in the 21st century? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:59 pm

It looks like the people in charge of anything important don't like the idea.

Quote :
The church's pastor, Stacy Stepp, said Wednesday that he was against the resolution. Stepp said the denomination's regional conference will begin working on resolving the issue this weekend.

The National Association of Free Will Baptists in Tennessee has no official position on interracial marriage for its 2,400 churches worldwide, executive secretary Keith Burden said. The denomination believes the Bible is inerrant and local churches have autonomy over decision-making.

"It's been a non-issue with us," Burden said, adding that many interracial couples attend Free Will Baptist churches. He said the Pike County church acted on its own. Burden said the association can move to strip the local church of its affiliation with the national denomination if it's not resolved
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it great living in the 21st century?   Isn't it great living in the 21st century? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:14 pm

I was going to say that this sounded like a personal grudge or something to me, since as near as I knew, Baptists hold no position on race. I wonder if some members of the church (possibly older, long-term members?) don't approve of interracial relationships, and gave the Pastor some sort of ultimatum as to how either they go or we go?

You'd like to think otherwise, but people who've attended a church for a long time can get very territorial about it.
Back to top Go down
zootie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
zootie

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it great living in the 21st century?   Isn't it great living in the 21st century? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:35 pm

"(AP) LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A tiny all-white church in the rural South has voted to ban interracial couples from joining its flock, pitting members against each other in an argument over race."

Actually Kentucky isn't in the rural South. They were on the side of the Union during the Civil War. Regardless, It helps me to better explain the state's two troglodyte senators Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul. Of course that just makes it weirder if you see who Mitch is married to.

"Married to Elaine L. Chao, who served as President George W. Bush’s U.S. Secretary of Labor and is a former president of the United Way of America and director of the Peace Corps."

When you add this to the antics of know nothingite Rand Paul you really have to wonder about that Blue Grass over there.

Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it great living in the 21st century?   Isn't it great living in the 21st century? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:45 pm

zootie wrote:
"Married to Elaine L. Chao, who served as President George W. Bush’s U.S. Secretary of Labor and is a former president of the United Way of America and director of the Peace Corps."

Mitch "The Turtle that Walks Like a Man" McConnell is married? And to a human female? The dickens you say!
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it great living in the 21st century?   Isn't it great living in the 21st century? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 12:18 am

(Fuck, I spent way too long looking for this. Fuck you, Cracked)

I'll just leave this here on the doorstep for you: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it great living in the 21st century?   Isn't it great living in the 21st century? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 12:25 am

Sakurelf wrote:

I'll just leave this here on the doorstep for you: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In a special Ric Romero report: Hollywood is completely out of touch with its audience.
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it great living in the 21st century?   Isn't it great living in the 21st century? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 12:43 am

Penguin wrote:
Sakurelf wrote:

In a special Ric Romero report: Hollywood is completely out of touch with its audience.

Still, we like to imagine that only the ass-backwards, inbred hillbillies are the ones that even bring up the topic of interracial relationships, when it's entirely untrue. We forward-thinking, liberated people of enlightenment still have issues with race, and we are still made uncomfortable by things that aren't 100% familiar. We just don't talk about it or like to think of ourselves as the slack-jawed yokels from Down South. Same thing with tokenism in television and visual advertising and plain ol' whitewashing. It's so subtle, we just don't notice it case-by-case and don't see it as a huge issue.
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it great living in the 21st century?   Isn't it great living in the 21st century? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 3:50 pm

Sakurelf wrote:
Fuck you, Cracked

*bitchslap*
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it great living in the 21st century?   Isn't it great living in the 21st century? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 4:25 pm

xerrofoot wrote:
Sakurelf wrote:
Fuck you, Cracked

*bitchslap*

Que?
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it great living in the 21st century?   Isn't it great living in the 21st century? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 9:46 pm

One does not say "Fuck You" to Cracked. Cracked is awesome. DO NOT CAST DOUBT UPON THE AWESOMENESS OF CRACKED.
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it great living in the 21st century?   Isn't it great living in the 21st century? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 9:48 pm

Ugh.

Ugh.
No.
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it great living in the 21st century?   Isn't it great living in the 21st century? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:27 pm

Do you want another bitchslapping? Huh? DO YOU?
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it great living in the 21st century?   Isn't it great living in the 21st century? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:29 pm

Go away.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it great living in the 21st century?   Isn't it great living in the 21st century? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:20 am

You two bumped a 2-month-old thread for this? Really?
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it great living in the 21st century?   Isn't it great living in the 21st century? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 2:33 pm

xerrofoot wrote:
Do you want another bitchslapping? Huh? DO YOU?
OH MY GOD ARE WE ROLEPLAYING FIGHTING

REALLY

UCHI UKE -> TSUPPARI TE -> MASSUGA NA UDE BO

HAD ENOUGH YET

HAVE YA
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it great living in the 21st century?   Isn't it great living in the 21st century? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 2:59 pm

FEAR MY DWARVEN HAND CANNON BITCH

*FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP SPLOOGE*
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it great living in the 21st century?   Isn't it great living in the 21st century? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 3:03 pm

YOUR FIGHTING STYLE IS WEAK

KATA HAJIME
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it great living in the 21st century?   Isn't it great living in the 21st century? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:59 pm

xerrofoot wrote:
FEAR MY DWARVEN HAND CANNON BITCH

*FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP SPLOOGE*

USE A PIPE BOMB YOU GODDAMN FOOL
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it great living in the 21st century?   Isn't it great living in the 21st century? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:30 pm

Why use a pipe bomb when I have the +3 Vampiric Sword of Bitch-Cutting?

*attacks Cyberwulf for 1d12 damage*
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it great living in the 21st century?   Isn't it great living in the 21st century? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:10 am

xerrofoot wrote:

What rulebook are you using? No Sword does D12. It's D6 for a shortsword. D8 for a longsword, D10 for Bastard Sword and 2D6 for a Greatsword.

D12s are for Greataxes.

gb2 4ed.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it great living in the 21st century?   Isn't it great living in the 21st century? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:14 am

Quote :
gb2 4ed.

I use Pathfinder rules. Isn't it great living in the 21st century? 896582
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it great living in the 21st century?   Isn't it great living in the 21st century? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:45 am

Isn't it great living in the 21st century? 199471 Isn't it great living in the 21st century? 846489
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it great living in the 21st century?   Isn't it great living in the 21st century? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 3:57 pm

WD40 wrote:
xerrofoot wrote:

What rulebook are you using? No Sword does D12. It's D6 for a shortsword. D8 for a longsword, D10 for Bastard Sword and 2D6 for a Greatsword.

D12s are for Greataxes.

gb2 4ed.

Mine is a SPECIAL sword. Trollface
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it great living in the 21st century?   Isn't it great living in the 21st century? Empty

Back to top Go down

Isn't it great living in the 21st century?
Page 1 of 1