Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Male modelling

Go down 
+10
Saleha
The Scientist
Reepicheep-chan
Penguin
grmblfjx
Lexin
Exodia's Right Leg
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Verandering
Azzandra
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

Male modelling - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male modelling   Male modelling - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:39 am

Penguin wrote:
Yes. The point is, their marketing tagline was about natural look... never mind.

The thing is, in both cases, the ads target the fear of ugliness. Dove/Neutrogina/Etc: "Without our moisturizers, your face will be a dried, cracked, blemished mess!" Makeup companies: "We can hide your blemished mess!" Two ways of addressing the same problem: If not us, then ugly.

Yeah, exactly.
Maybe one phrasing makes you feel less insecure and self-conscious than the other, but they're both trying to provoke the same thing in order to get you to buy their crap. And it works.
Back to top Go down
Nihilist
Serial Troll
Serial Troll
Nihilist

PostSubject: Re: Male modelling   Male modelling - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 1:46 pm

The only instance I can think of where a company tried to use the "you're beautiful as you are" marketing was Dove. Even then the models were still Photoshopped. It was a very successful and memorable ad campaign, but statistically high self-confidence doesn't make beauty products sell. Sales is about informing people what they need even though they don't.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Male modelling   Male modelling - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 4:31 pm

Nihilist wrote:
The only instance I can think of where a company tried to use the "you're beautiful as you are" marketing was Dove. Even then the models were still Photoshopped. It was a very successful and memorable ad campaign, but statistically high self-confidence doesn't make beauty products sell. Sales is about informing people what they need even though they don't.

This is accurate. If people were happy with the way they looked, they would never buy makeup.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
The Alien from Uranus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
The Alien from Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Male modelling   Male modelling - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 6:25 pm

Oh, the modeling industry strikes again!

And again and again and again and again. I fucking hate the fashion industry. I also knew there was a reason I never found "ripped" guys attractive. Because they're not supposed to look like that. And the biggest kick in the face is that they never needed to do it to those models in the first place. Impossible looks are what graphic designers are for!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Male modelling   Male modelling - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Male modelling
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2