Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Inspired by a (real life) couple's RP and another badfic

Go down 
+3
grmblfjx
Cyberwulf
I.V. VonBischoffs
7 posters
AuthorMessage
I.V. VonBischoffs

Inspired by a (real life) couple's RP and another badfic Empty
PostSubject: Inspired by a (real life) couple's RP and another badfic   Inspired by a (real life) couple's RP and another badfic EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 2:12 am

Little known fact: when the now-lost Golden Oldie "How You Remind Me" (a "Fatal Fury" fic with a little "Macross Plus" thrown in for some reason, it was a Terry/Mai fic mostly) was on Fanfiction.net, it received two rather... interesting reviews. The reviewers, a couple, told the author (and the world) how they liked to role play as Terry and Mai and that her fic inspired them to post their own fic (a collaboration with each posting their own contribution separately through their own accounts). "How You Remind Me" itself was deleted shortly thereafter (it later resurfaced elsewhere only for that site to shut down, hasn't shown up anywhere since) but that didn't stop the couple. The boyfriend's half appears to have been deleted, but the girlfriend's half, entitled Altered Destiny, remains.

First, the author's note:

Quote :
Okay, here's the usual disclaimer stuffies… I don't own any of the characters, they're all property of SNK/Playmore and Capcom. This story's based on IRC rp between me and my boyfriend and we decided to take the usual Mai/Andy relationship and hiptoss it out the window… giving her a man that'd treat her right for a change and Terry a better woman than Blue Mary.. sorry, Blue Mary fans.. I just don't like her. This story is also going to be a collaboration with him, you'll figure out who he is soon enough .

Again, boyfriend's contribution is gone. Also, way to advertise the blatant Die For Our Ship.

Quote :
"Mmmmmm….. this is the life. Too bad Mr I'm-Gonna-Go-Train isn't here to enjoy it." The petite Japanese woman stretches out on the lounger she's sitting on, shading her eyes with a slender hand as she gazes out at the shimmering Pacific Ocean. She was enjoying herself well enough on this Hawaiian vacation, but the fact that Andy had… yet again disappeared with the excuse of training managed to irk the tiny kunoichi beyond words. He'd promised after the whole fiasco in Israel that things would change… and for awhile they had, but after about six months he'd slipped right back into his old habits. Now, more often than not, she heard the phrase that she'd come to hate more than any other… "Do I gotta, Mai?"

Again, blatant Die For Our Ship (and the couple we role play).

Quote :
She looks up as a shadow crosses her slender, buxom form and smiles as her dark chocolate brown eyes come to rest on a cluster of five nervous young men standing around her.

"Aren't you… Mai Shiranui? I mean.. I… ummmmmm.. we…" the apparent leader runs a hand nervously through his short, spiked black hair, a deep blush showing through his tan. The sheepish looks on all their faces was enough to bring out the flirt in her and she stretches slightly before grinning up at them.

"Mai Shiranui of the Shiranui School.. at your service. Now, tell me what I can do for five cuties like you?" She wrinkles her pert little nose as she grins up at them, half expecting for the eager young men to beg her to introduce them to either Terry, Joe, or Andy.

"C…Can we have your autograph please, Miss Shiranui! We're all huge fans of yours and.. that is.. we're awfully sorry to disturb you like this, but we thought that.. well, it'd just mean so much if we could show our friends that we actually met THE Mai Shiranui!"

She blinks for a moment, then erupts into a gale of helpless giggles that sends quivers through all of the boys. "You guys don't know how much I needed to hear something like that. I'd be delighted to sign autographs for all of you!"

She spent the entire afternoon and evening with her young admirers, basking in the attention of the five obviously smitten young men. Wayne, Dave, Steve, Alex, and Justin hung on her every word.. spoiling her outrageously by insisting on buying her lunch and then later dinner. She hadn't had this much attention paid to her in months..

Author, why are you even bothering to name these Stus guys? You've made it clear none of them are going to be hooking up with Mai before this fic even began.

What follows are some not so blatant hints at "possible" Terry/Mai (various gifts he'd given her, among other things) and mention of her being friends with Eliza Masters (Ken's wife in "Street Fighter"). Mai decides to leave Hawaii earlier than expected and without Andy, leading to...

Quote :
In no more than twenty minutes she was standing at the ticket desk of the Honolulu airport, arguing with the ticket agent. "Yes, I realize that this ticket is for tomorrow night.. I just had a call from my Uncle Ryu, my mother is in the hospital and I –have- to leave tonight!" She'd have giggled at the thought of the taciturn martial artist's reaction to suddenly becoming her uncle, but it would have spoiled the effect that she was trying for. Her eyes were red, tears rolling down her cheeks.. the expression of pure sorrow mixed with her own natural beauty was having an effect on the normally heartless man behind the counter and finally he turns to his computer, tapping several keys.

"Well, Miss Shiranui… you're in luck. There's been a last minute cancellation in first class, so… well, I'm really not supposed to do this.. but since there's a family emergency and all, I'm going to transfer your ticket. I hope your mother gets better soon.."

"You wonderful man! Thank you, thank you very much!" The hapless man blinks, finding himself pulled into a breath-taking hug and grinning like an idiot as she plants a kiss on his cheek. He quickly prepares a new ticket for her and hands it over, his eyes following the gentle sway of her hips as she walks off towards the gate. Boarding didn't take long… they started almost as soon as she arrived so she wasn't stuck with the long boring wait and was soon stretched out in her seat "Well, no chance for second thoughts now… let's just hope he takes the hint." A soft sigh escapes her lips as she looks out the window, letting her fingers trail down the glass "Andy… why has it come to this? What happened to us?"

It ends here, and despite the glowing reviews has been completely abandoned.

You know, I don't even see why it's rated "M", unless the author intended for later chapters to necessitate that (which wouldn't surprise me).
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Inspired by a (real life) couple's RP and another badfic   Inspired by a (real life) couple's RP and another badfic EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 3:14 am

"WAH WAH THIS PAIRING ISN'T CANON" is not a reason to post a fic here.
Back to top Go down
I.V. VonBischoffs

PostSubject: Re: Inspired by a (real life) couple's RP and another badfic   Inspired by a (real life) couple's RP and another badfic EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 12:09 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
"WAH WAH THIS PAIRING ISN'T CANON" is not a reason to post a fic here.

This wasn't "WAH WAH THIS PAIRING ISN'T CANON"! It was the fact that this was based on someone's RP, a character becoming an author's self insert, some shoehorned-in OCs who were there for no reason, said character only deciding to pursue the other character involved because the author's boyfriend RPs him. This author (and apparently her boyfriend) were doing nothing more than projecting their personal fetish role plays to the world, and by golly I'd be posting that fic here even it was the canon couple for that reason alone.

I'm getting really sick of people only picking out one thing from my posts and criticizing me over them. I did not come here to sporked or criticized myself no matter what I posted, nor did I come to GAFF back in the day for that reason (though back then people actually bothered to read my posts through and joined me in snarking the fics).
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Inspired by a (real life) couple's RP and another badfic   Inspired by a (real life) couple's RP and another badfic EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 12:35 pm

I.V. VonBischoffs wrote:
I'm getting really sick of people only picking out one thing from my posts and criticizing me over them. I did not come here to sporked or criticized myself no matter what I posted,

Man, WGW has been a true source of mirth for me these past few days.

Unfortunately, the fact that you signed up all of 24 hours ago and have been a condescending little shit from the first moment, and your symptoms of rabid anti-shipping, makes me think you're a troll.
I have to applaud the amount of effort you put in, because we normally get trolls with all the wit of repeatedly posting GREECE SUCKS!!! LOL. Then again I have to tell you you're a little obvious. Sorry.

Quote :
nor did I come to GAFF back in the day for that reason (though back then people actually bothered to read my posts through and joined me in snarking the fics).
Side note for all the n00bs who aren't trolling, if you're being stupid we'll snark you right along with the fic. If you have the backbone to take it and learn from it, we'll love you again. The world is a cruel place, innit.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Inspired by a (real life) couple's RP and another badfic   Inspired by a (real life) couple's RP and another badfic EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 12:38 pm

grmblfjx wrote:
I have to applaud the amount of effort you put in, because we normally get trolls with all the wit of repeatedly posting GREECE SUCKS!!! LOL.

I dunno, he might be a lot more WORDSWORDSWORDS about it, but for awhile there it seems that he was arriving really late to the I DON'T LIKE THE ENDING OF HARRY POTTER wanktrain that left the station here years ago, in every thread.
Back to top Go down
Drabbler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Drabbler

PostSubject: Re: Inspired by a (real life) couple's RP and another badfic   Inspired by a (real life) couple's RP and another badfic EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 12:41 pm

I.V. VonBischoffs wrote:
I did not come here to sporked or criticized myself no matter what I posted, nor did I come to GAFF back in the day for that reason (though back then people actually bothered to read my posts through and joined me in snarking the fics).
First, look around; almost everyone here gets sporked or criticized, some of it quite vitriolic. That's the nature of the group.

Second, well, again, look around at the threads (particularly the snarkings) that are already here, then compare them to the ones you've posted; of the fics threads you've created, this is the only one really approaching an actual snarking. We need to see why these things are bad in ways that aren't dependent on knowing the fandom. [That especially applies to pairings. "This pairing is terrible!" just is not going to be enough. We've seen worse. We've written worse. On purpose.] Outrageously bad characterizations -- "Sure, Hermione! I've always wanted to try cannibalism!" -- are good for a laugh, but unless they're that OOC, we need more.

Third, if you intend to last more than a week, don't post half a dozen new threads every day. Lurk a bit, post in a few existing threads, and let people get to recognize your name first. You're trying too hard, and that's getting people upset with you. [Also, don't try to control your threads. Telling people who've been here for years what to do won't usually end well.]
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Inspired by a (real life) couple's RP and another badfic   Inspired by a (real life) couple's RP and another badfic EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 12:47 pm

PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC IN MY TOPIC

ONLY BITCHING ABOUT LUPIN/TONKS/SPROG HERE, YA HEAR ME

Penguin wrote:
grmblfjx wrote:
I have to applaud the amount of effort you put in, because we normally get trolls with all the wit of repeatedly posting GREECE SUCKS!!! LOL.

I dunno, he might be a lot more WORDSWORDSWORDS about it, but for awhile there it seems that he was arriving really late to the I DON'T LIKE THE ENDING OF HARRY POTTER wanktrain that left the station here years ago, in every thread.

This is all true (and part of what's amusing me, really. Inspired by a (real life) couple's RP and another badfic 611762 ). Still I maintain that this is a lot more entertaining than Skopjefest/Waffles/Sorsa other unfunny people I can't remember. Skopjefest made me go *sigh* *ignore*, this one made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
thblckmvn2064

thblckmvn2064

PostSubject: Re: Inspired by a (real life) couple's RP and another badfic   Inspired by a (real life) couple's RP and another badfic EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 11:12 pm

Well, this is where I'd say "let me try" and proceed to snark the fic myself, but as the OP has clearly demonstrated, there's nothing really to snark. If I said I wished the author hadn't abandoned this fic, though, I'd be lying. Same if I said I wish the boyfriend's half was still around.

I will say that, indeed, the "M" rating was hardly necessary with what's there, though Lord knows what might've been had the author and/or her boyfriend continued. That they didn't continue is for the best.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Inspired by a (real life) couple's RP and another badfic   Inspired by a (real life) couple's RP and another badfic EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 11:58 am

Drabbler wrote:
of the fics threads you've created, this is the only one really approaching an actual snarking.
IAWTC. However, I am going to say 'good job, you are improving' instead of being a bitch because I belive in positive reenforcement. Just keep practising! You can do it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inspired by a (real life) couple's RP and another badfic   Inspired by a (real life) couple's RP and another badfic Empty

Back to top Go down

Inspired by a (real life) couple's RP and another badfic
Page 1 of 1