Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username

Go down 
+44
Penguin
kuroineko
frostflowers
Spooky
Hot Cancer
Little Egypt
Rabid Badger
Wandering Critic
T.S.Orr
Melissa
Indy
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
EileenK98
Knorg
Glorfindel
Mikey Go WOOGA
Blooferlady
Seule
Lembech
Verandering
Lurv
Aggie
Animir
Miss Misery
ZoZo
Electron Blue
Manny
quamp
rae
Delcat
Freezer
Mafiosa
fishstickhater
Braigwen
Narwhal
karmyn31
KJM
Spotts1701
Dr. Professor Science
DeeDee
Sloth
grmblfjx
Fairlight
anangrychocobo
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Electron Blue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Electron Blue

Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username   Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 10:19 am

It means you've been on the internet too long.
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username   Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 5:33 pm

There was an idiot who used to troll the IMDB boards who had the classy handle of 'Are_You_Having_Your_Period'. scratch

Thankfully he didn't stick around too long.
Back to top Go down
Animir
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Animir

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username   Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 10:39 pm

Miss Misery wrote:
There was an idiot who used to troll the IMDB boards who had the classy handle of 'Are_You_Having_Your_Period'. scratch
On a similar note, I remember running into somebody using the name "Bloody Tampon." People complained, and s/h/it got banned, but turned up again the next day as "Unused Tampon."
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username   Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 4:41 am

Miss Misery wrote:

Did he show up every month?
Back to top Go down
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username   Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 4:53 am

I remember somebody on the IMDB board for Flushed Away who had the user name vanilla_tampon. They were complaining about poop jokes. The name was bad enough, but there were no real poop jokes in that movie. It was a candy bar. And there was a bit of toliet paper, but that was it. Somebody called them on the name and they flounced.
Back to top Go down
Lurv
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lurv

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username   Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 5:56 am

One type of username I dislike is the kind where someone calls themself "[bishie]'s girlfriend/wife/mate/bitch". One thing is to name yourself after a character that you supposedly relate to (even that can be obnoxious, especially if it's a very popular character who's name is already used so you have to use numbers. *a little hypocritical as she's done that, but not because of the character*), but when you make it seem like there's nothing more to you than being some fictional guy's love interest, it's real sad.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username   Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 10:35 am

All my username peeves have been addressed by other people. Not that I ever make good usernames anyway. Cool

I think it's a bit weird to create a username after a character that exists in fiction, especially on fan forums of that fiction work. I suppose it's a little more forgivable on my Peter F. Hamilton forums, because all the characters actually have access to something like internet. For my JJBA forums, not so much. It feels weird reading a post from 'Kira Yoshikage' who isn't... Kira. Actually, it's still weird even on my PFH forums.

But it doesn't quite peeve me, it just makes me raise an eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
Lembech
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lembech

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username   Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 10:58 am

Who could ever forget the classic xX[SomethingDepressing]Xx. Well, for the record I've met a few intelligent people with names like that. There's also [insert character name here]lover123456; these usually crop up due to countless people beating these poor, unimaginative twat biscuits to the punch.

Also, what makes fat dudes use the username "BigDaddy" and its variants? I mean, you have bigger boobs than mine, and I'm damn near a G-cup (hurray for manboobs and abnormally large boobs)!
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username   Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 11:26 am

Misspelled usernames. Yes I am a grammar nazi, yes they do make me rage.

Also, my first ever username was 'Digit'. What do I win?
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username   Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 3:03 pm

grmblfjx wrote:
Generally, I don't like numbers in usernames. I mean, ok, if they are there to actually say something; like something ending in 007 or substituting a word because you don't have enough spaces, I get that.
I hate names like sexigurl1989 though. With the fire of a thousand disapproving looks.

I would like to make the following amendment:

I know someone who used to be on GAFF (actually introduced me to GAFF) with the username "TheOnlyOne2".

I have to admit it took me a while to notice the joke.

The being a joke part makes it exempt from my "no numbers" rule.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username   Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 4:22 pm

grmblfjx wrote:

I know someone who used to be on GAFF (actually introduced me to GAFF) with the username "TheOnlyOne2".

I have to admit it took me a while to notice the joke.

The being a joke part makes it exempt from my "no numbers" rule.

I loved that username, and wanted to copy it, shamelessly. I was too lazy though.
Back to top Go down
Blooferlady
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Blooferlady

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username   Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 7:51 pm

Most of my username peeves have already been said. I suppose I don't have anything new to add, other than that my sister uses a name with xXx[username]xXx in it and I disapprove.

I feel silly for still using my old AIM name that I made when I was, what, 12? I had no idea how to choose names at the time. I got better.
Back to top Go down
http://blooferblog.tumblr.com
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username   Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 8:10 pm

Electron Blue wrote:
Also this, for mulitplayer shooters:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No shit.

Mikey: Hey, uh, Zero Four GreekletterIdon'trecognize Nine Gee Ex Seven, there's a sniper watching that pathwa-"

*BOOM* HEADSHOT

Mikey: ...Nevermind.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username   Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 5:53 am

Oh, Cracked...
Back to top Go down
Glorfindel

Glorfindel

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username   Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 11:05 am

My hotmail has Xx___xX's. And most of my usernames are named after a fictional character. I'm officially annoying. What do I win?

(To be fair I've had the same hotmail account since I was 11.)
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username   Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 12:26 pm

Aggie wrote:
Miss Misery wrote:

Did he show up every month?

*rimshot*
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username   Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 3:50 pm

The name on the left is the one that's on my e-mail, and pretty much everywhere else I go. Not very imaginative--it's my real first name, last initial, and the year I opened my e-mail account.
I have, however, used some fairly creative ones elsewhere. My favorite was MilleniumHandandShrimp. Bugrit! Razz
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username   Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 4:33 pm

I believe in refraining from adding numbers to the end of a username I want just because somebody already took it. If I can't have it, I'll damn well add another word.

That's how I became Harley Quinn hyenaholic.

I also hate underscores.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Indy

Indy

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username   Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 10:03 am

I never liked numbers in names. It reminds me of being a robot. Is it safe to say that i don't like sticky caps in user names, either?
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username   Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:12 am

I don't like adding numbers to names because- I just don't like numbers.
Melissa is my RL name. I spell it backwards on other forums sometimes. After one person tried to give me the nickname "Ass" for doing that, I'm wondering if I should spell it Asylum. I go by assilembrandywine on YouTube. There's a govt. building in my city called the Brandywine Building and I thought "That would make a great name for a Hobbit". I ran a halfling thief by that name in a D&D game.

I don't like it when people go by So-And-So'sMommy. I don't know if they're talking about a RL kid or a fictional character and don't care. This person needs an identity. I notice men never refer to themselves as Whatserface'sDaddy. Or Cheerleader'sBoyfriend or Theuglyone'sHusband for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username   Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 1:19 pm

Melissa wrote:
Melissa is my RL name. I spell it backwards on other forums sometimes.
I'd make a vampire joke if that weren't just unfathomably sad.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username   Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 4:16 pm

Melissa wrote:
Melissa is my RL name. I spell it backwards on other forums sometimes. After one person tried to give me the nickname "Ass" for doing that,
Um yeah, it probably totes was for doing that.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username   Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 5:30 pm

It's not really a username, but I kinda regret calling my MyCity Jackshitville now. It doesn't look very appealing to click on, whether it gets your attention or not.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
T.S.Orr
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
T.S.Orr

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username   Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 5:50 pm

My usernames have almost always been easy to remember and pronounce. I hate usernames using exessive underscores. so_and_so_loves_so_and_so@
I hate that. I can deal with one maybe two but not more than that.
Back to top Go down
Wandering Critic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username   Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 6:48 pm

All of the above.

The big advantage of self-chosen usernames is that they're a good clue to the nature of their owners. Most of the time ...

...people who name themselves for a central character in the fandom/world/whatever they're in have issues. Also no imagination.

...people who can't think of another name when someone has taken the one they want, so they change the spelling or stick crap on it, are stupid or unimaginative.

...people with names like xXLegolasXx are idiots with issues. Avoid them.

...people who name themselves for their imaginary relationship with a fictional character (Snape's Rose, Snapemaniac, Snapesnogger, et al) have even worse issues. Flee in terror.

...people with misspellings in their usernames (the legions of assorted theifs and rouges come to mind, not to mention YoureNightmare) are too ignorant to be worth talking to.

...people with "badass" usernames are immature, often preteen, and nearly always drama queens.

...people with StRaNgE capitalization (and inappropriate CamelCaps) are usually immature. I have no idea why this is so, but 9 out of 10 times, it is.

...people whose names define them in some relationship to the fandom, something like TorchwoodFan, when used on a single-fandom site, usually are really boring people. Plus they have issues.

...people whose names define them in some relationship to a real person (particularly a family member) are, for no reason that I can fathom, nearly always belligerent and touchy. I have no idea why this should be so, but if someone's username is "Joe's Girl" or the like, they bite.

...girls with sexy/enticing usernames, if they're not FBI agents, generally live down to the bimbo stereotype they're trying to project. Their male equivalents have all the sex appeal of a drunk with a mullet, a leisure suit, and a repertoire of tacky pickup lines.

Oh, and people with racist, sexist, or otherwise intentionally offensive usernames are usually lame-ass trolls, with minimal creativity, weak troll-fu, and no redeeming amusement value.

Someone could probably get a really great thesis or dissertation out of studying the connection between the usernames people choose and their personality traits. Academia being what it is, multiple someones probably already have.
Back to top Go down
http://wanderingcritic.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username   Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why, God, Why did you think that would be a good username
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next