Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights

Go down 
+20
Mafiosa
Miss Prince
Penguin
Quijotesca
Malganis
The Alien from Uranus
Jesus.
Sutremaine
Verandering
karmyn31
Mikey Go WOOGA
InkWeaver
Soylent Green
Notanoni
Sakurelf
rae
Trioculus
Spotts1701
Adagio
Lady Anne
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights   Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 1:53 am

Jesus. wrote:
Only reason I didn't is because I was in work attire and that would have reflected bad on the work space- so didn't want to hear it from my manager.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights   Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 8:29 am

The Alien from Uranus wrote:
Malganis wrote:
There should be two forms of marriage in America: a secular marriage that's basically getting married at a courthouse by the justice of the peace and signing a paper, and religious marriages that Christians, Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, Wiccans, whatever, can have on their own. You want to get married in a church, get married by your own church and say you're both now one flesh in the sight of God and be done with it. You want the civil/legal benefits of a civil marriage in the eyes of the secular government, fill out a piece of paper and get one of those too.

I thought we already did that.
Not quite. People can be married by a justice of the peace and it is considered valid. People can also be married by a clergyperson and it is considered valid. A secular marriage is not required for the marriage to be legal. In some countries, you can have the religious ceremony, but you still have to have the secular marriage, too, in order for it to be valid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights   Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:09 am

You still have to sign the paper, though.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights   Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:39 am

Malganis wrote:

Honestly, what is marriage to people?

it's a tax break
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights   Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 3:30 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
Malganis wrote:

it's a tax break

This.

fake-edit: OMG MAFI
Back to top Go down
Notanoni
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Notanoni

PostSubject: Re: Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights   Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 7:17 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
Malganis wrote:

it's a tax break

For the moment, it is.

It used to have a tax penalty (from the 1960s or so to about a decade ago), and the penalty is to return (for 2011 taxes that will be due April 2012) unless congress does something about it soon.

The marriage tax break has been quite a short-lived thing.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights   Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 8:21 pm

Notanoni wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:
Malganis wrote:

it's a tax break

For the moment, it is.

It used to have a tax penalty (from the 1960s or so to about a decade ago), and the penalty is to return (for 2011 taxes that will be due April 2012) unless congress does something about it soon.

The marriage tax break has been quite a short-lived thing.
I was dating a guy once who claimed to be married for tax purposes. I discovered this and yelled at him, initially believing him to be married. Then he assured me he wasn't, so I yelled at him for being a tax cheat (this relationship didn't last very long).
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights   Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 12:27 am

Verandering wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
Medical fail! Some people are assigned one gender at birth and are later found to chromosomally be the other sex. Also, although hermaphroditism is rare in humans, it does happen. What if a person is biologically both sexes?

Did you seriously use the word "hermaphroditism?"
You fucking FAIL.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Have a good read.

Um. I hate to butt in, but really, there was no need to be mean and hateful just then. You could've just said, "Y'know, Anne, that term is kinda dated and technically incorrect. [link]"

blahblahblahblah

It's because I don't give a shit.

Also, I've been having to argue with each and every person- including my management- about an intersex dog at work. I've even had people tell me, "No, you're being too politically correct. It's just a dog, and hermaphrodite is the actual scientific term."

I'm tired of it. I hate sex myths more than I hate gender myths.

Don't even get me started on how our "Humane" clinic staff performed surgery on the dog's genitals to look more like one or the other. I couldn't tell you what the genuine condition was, because all those fucking idiots could tell me as HURPDERP HERMAPHRODITE PENIS AND VAGINA HURRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrr
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights   Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 2:26 am

You can't fight apathy with apathy.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights   Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:57 am

Verandering wrote:
Verandering wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
Medical fail! Some people are assigned one gender at birth and are later found to chromosomally be the other sex. Also, although hermaphroditism is rare in humans, it does happen. What if a person is biologically both sexes?

You fucking FAIL.

Have a good read.

Um. I hate to butt in, but really, there was no need to be mean and hateful just then. You could've just said, "Y'know, Anne, that term is kinda dated and technically incorrect. [link]"

blahblahblahblah

Also, I've been having to argue with each and every person- including my management- about an intersex dog at work. I've even had people tell me, "No, you're being too politically correct. It's just a dog, and hermaphrodite is the actual scientific term."

Don't even get me started on how our "Humane" clinic staff performed surgery on the dog's genitals to look more like one or the other. I couldn't tell you what the genuine condition was, because all those fucking idiots could tell me as HURPDERP HERMAPHRODITE PENIS AND VAGINA HURRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrr
Why would they bother to make the dog's genitals look more like one sex than the other? I somehow doubt dogs care about such things, and anyway, isn't it more common just to spay or neuter a dog to prevent unwanted puppies?
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights   Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 1:03 pm

Verandering wrote:
Verandering wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:

You fucking FAIL.

Have a good read.

blahblahblahblah

please be nice
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights   Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:03 pm

Penguin wrote:

I'm not fighting.
I'm being a bitch.

Jesus, Penguin.

Lady Anne wrote:
Verandering wrote:
Verandering wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:

You fucking FAIL.

Have a good read.

blahblahblahblah

Why would they bother to make the dog's genitals look more like one sex than the other? I somehow doubt dogs care about such things, and anyway, isn't it more common just to spay or neuter a dog to prevent unwanted puppies?

"Adoptability." Someone somewhere came up with the conclusion that a loving family wouldn't want to deal with a dog with ambiguous genitalia.
I have no idea why no one did the sensible thing and list the dog as intersex. The adopters will HAVE to know anyway, if only because it's information their vet will need to know should something medically peculiar arise.

Mafiosa wrote:
Verandering wrote:
Verandering wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:

You fucking FAIL.

Have a good read.

blahblahblahblah

please be nice

Oh Mafi
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights   Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:43 pm

no really

pls

it's very rude to yell at people who are unaware
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights   Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 1:55 am

Verandering wrote:
Penguin wrote:

I'm not fighting.
I'm being a bitch.

Jesus, Penguin.

Easily dismissed, either way.
Back to top Go down
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
XLT-100852.0

PostSubject: Re: Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights   Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:35 am

omg people are mean on the internet? stop it verandering you're hurting their feelings- their ignorant little feelings. ;_;
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights   Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:20 pm

So...because Lady Anne did not know the correct word, nor did she know the term she was using is offensive, that gives you right to be an ass to her? She is now using the correct word. She did not kick up a fuss. She was not trying to be offensive and she has now corrected herself.

Get over it.

Texas. Motherfucking Texas. Let me count the ways you are so screwed up Texas, except I will be here all day and I need to clean out my car.

This doesn't even make sense. These people are legally recognized as whatever they are. This isn't the horrible specter of gay marriage. A man marrying a woman is straight marriage. So what if that man had some girl parts before? He's still a man. Always has been. And he likes women. That makes him straight. You like that, remember?
Back to top Go down
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
XLT-100852.0

PostSubject: Re: Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights   Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 3:25 pm

Lapin wrote:
So...because Lady Anne did not know the correct word, nor did she know the term she was using is offensive, that gives you right to be an ass to her? She is now using the correct word. She did not kick up a fuss. She was not trying to be offensive and she has now corrected herself.
The only people kicking up a fuss are the "amg stop being mean Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 309696" crowd- including you. Lady Anne isn't going to suck your cock, stop white knighting for her.

You're on the fucking internet, there's no excuse for ignorance, period.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights   Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 3:36 pm

XLT-100852.0 wrote:
Lapin wrote:
The only people kicking up a fuss are the "amg stop being mean Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 309696" crowd- including you. Lady Anne isn't going to suck your cock, stop white knighting for her.

If there was no ignorance on the Internet, there'd be no fun on this board.

Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 961878
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights   Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 5:09 pm

XLT-100852.0 wrote:

If you're not running Google Omniscience 4 every time to fire up your web browser, you fail as a human being.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights   Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 6:57 pm

I don't really think the internet can give you the answers if you didn't know to question in the first place.

so basically, what Penguin said a page back.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights   Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 8:06 pm

lol. Anyway.
It's ok good people of Wugwuh. I fully take responsibility for acting like an ass. I was an ass. I don't care. rofl.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights   Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 8:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights   Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 9:01 pm

Verandering wrote:

lol. Anyway.
It's ok good people of Wugwuh. I fully take responsibility for acting like an ass. I was an ass. I don't care. rofl.

you should try to explain to people why you are upset instead of yelling at them.

there is no need

to be upset.

also the internet doesn't suddenly make you know everything or give you an excuse to be super rude to people you talk to everyday!!!

e: people pls pls, why would you get mad after someone apologized and tried to understand i mean

at that point you're not helping anyone
Back to top Go down
anangrychocobo
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights   Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 10:06 am

sure is tone argument in here

(ignore me. as if i know anything)
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights   Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 10:48 am

Mafiosa wrote:
Verandering wrote:

lol. Anyway.

you should try to explain to people why you are upset instead of yelling at them.

there is no need

to be upset.

also the internet doesn't suddenly make you know everything or give you an excuse to be super rude to people you talk to everyday!!!

e: people pls pls, why would you get mad after someone apologized and tried to understand i mean

at that point you're not helping anyone

Agreed. While I understand, share, and sympathize with Ver's frustrations, the simple fact is that intersex rights issues haven't penetrated public consciousness like other queer rights issues have -- yet. It's gonna take a lot of educating people to do that, and Lady Anne is actually aware and ahead of the curve in knowing/pointing out that intersex people are hampered and harmed by stuff like DOMA and stripping away of transgender marriage rights. She just happened to use a term that's volatile, but she wasn't aware of that at the time.

Yeah, "hermaphrodite" isn't a medically accurate term, and some (not all, but some) intersex people find it insulting. There is some attempts to reclaim it, as far as I know, but I don't know how widespread that is. I guess I would advise not to use it unless the intersex person you're talking to happens to be comfortable with the term.

Personally, I think that part of educating people is being polite and gentle to them, not condescending and rude. Like how it's easier for a person to learn from a professor or teacher in real life if said prof isn't a jerk who abuses the person for not knowing something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights   Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next