Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing

Go down 
+19
T.S.Orr
VB
Nurvingiel
Keith Fraser
Ceres
szaleniec
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Penny Dreadful
Mafiosa
Miss Prince
Lady Anne
Lapin
Root Admin
Miss S
Dr. Professor Science
Mikey Go WOOGA
InkWeaver
KelinciHutan
Spotts1701
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ceres
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ceres

Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing   Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 12:53 am

Quote :
Really? I only had to take the LSAT, but then again I was prepping for the GRE as a "safety".

I had to take the Spanish version of the GRE, yes. But also did the English GRE, because option B was getting a doctorate in the States.

I did ok, considering I didn't study much.
Back to top Go down
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing   Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 7:28 am

What does "class standing" mean in this context? Where she was if everyone in the class was ranked according to their SAT scores, or social standing?

I don't have any figures from tests like this, having grown up and gone to school in the UK. I did get four As at A-Level (one of which was in Xtreme Mathz 4 Mazochiztz Further Maths) and have one set of letters after my name with a second to follow very soon, though, so I feel fairly secure about the size of my brain's wang. Razz
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing   Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 8:46 am

Keith Fraser wrote:
What does "class standing" mean in this context? Where she was if everyone in the class was ranked according to their SAT scores, or social standing?

Likely her academic ranking, since the mother raised her grades as well as lowered the grades of two other students.
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing   Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 8:58 am

Yeah, "class standing" or "class rank" is where they line up everyone's GPA in a spreadsheet column and press "sort (descending)."

My PSAT scores actually counted for more than my SAT scores, given the scholarships associated with it. Of course, then I went off to music school, so I guess neither ended up mattering very much.
Back to top Go down
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing   Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 12:57 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
Likely her academic ranking, since the mother raised her grades as well as lowered the grades of two other students.

Wow, that's really low. I mean, trying to give your own daughter a better chance of success in life, that's understandable. But screwing with the lives of two other people just to make her look good? Yech.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing   Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 1:06 pm

Agreed. Yikes. Altering the other people's scores is the lowest of the low.
Back to top Go down
Nurvingiel

PostSubject: Re: Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing   Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 8:06 pm

This is what my Dad would call a career-limiting move.

Has she been fired from her job as school secretary yet?

I feel bad for the girl though. No wonder she got such shit grades; her Mom taught her that if she did badly, it's okay because Mommy will cheat for you. No
Back to top Go down
VB
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
VB

PostSubject: Re: Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing   Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 6:33 pm

KelinciHutan wrote:
InkWeaver wrote:
KelinciHutan wrote:
1370 isn't exactly awful to begin with, either. Why was she worried?
1370/2400?

Maybe I'm just skewed 'cause of the people I hang around...
Darnit. I took it in 2002, and there was only a verbal and a math section. Now there's a third section, so it's me that's skewed. Carry on.

We can be old fogies together then, because that was my first thought, too.
Back to top Go down
T.S.Orr
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
T.S.Orr

PostSubject: Re: Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing   Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 6:29 pm

Hey! I got a 19 on my ACT out of 36 but in my defense I took it the day after our championship game and didn't get in until 3 am the morning of the test. I bombed the shit out of the math section with I think a 16 or 17 but did extremely well on the English, Reading Comp, and Science Reasoning sections.

I didn't have to take the SAT because that's only for Northern universities or for out of country students trying to go to uni over here. I have a college degree under my belt and I'm still going to a good university in a year or so (taking that time off to work). So maybe she can do the same thing.

I hope this woman got fired like hell and will never work at a place with public records again.
Back to top Go down
eugenetapdance

eugenetapdance

PostSubject: Re: Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing   Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 2:09 am

Miss Prince wrote:
2180!

...I feel better now.

Razz
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing   Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 2:55 am

Keith Fraser wrote:
have one set of letters after my name with a second to follow very soon, though, so I feel fairly secure about the size of my brain's wang. Razz

Eheh. I went with "MSc, PhD, OSC" in my sig for a while. If anyone had asked, OSC stood for Owner of a Sainsbury's Card...
The alphabet soup on some British business cards is hilarious.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing   Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 3:45 am

The Unoriginal wrote:
Keith Fraser wrote:
have one set of letters after my name with a second to follow very soon, though, so I feel fairly secure about the size of my brain's wang. Razz

Eheh. I went with "MSc, PhD, OSC" in my sig for a while. If anyone had asked, OSC stood for Owner of a Sainsbury's Card...
The alphabet soup on some British business cards is hilarious.
Inorite? I already have more "official" letters after my name than I do in my actual name. The only time I've ever used them was for celebrating getting my Masters.

My supervisor insists on putting all of hers in her email signature. I'm fairly sure that's longer than the first line of the address Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing   Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 9:42 am

ITT: Dick wagging?

I want to wag mine too but you all seem to have done better than me: 28 on the ACT and a flat 1900 on the SAT.
Back to top Go down
eugenetapdance

eugenetapdance

PostSubject: Re: Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing   Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 6:06 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
ITT: Dick wagging?

I want to wag mine too but you all seem to have done better than me: 28 on the ACT and a flat 1900 on the SAT.

Pshaw. I just wanted to pull it out and be silly over it for a bit. :teach:
Back to top Go down
Sisco

Sisco

PostSubject: Re: Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing   Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 7:31 pm

@ original article

What a damned retard. The more disturbing is that she LOWERED the grades of other kids.
Back to top Go down
http://beanray.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing   Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mother Changes Daughter's Grades To Improve Her Class Standing
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2