Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"

Go down 
+27
EileenK98
Penguin
TheHermit
Owlish
Knight
Lapin
Mr.Doobie
TheHedonist
Lady Anne
Jesus.
lemmingwriter
Adagio
Raine
Mikey Go WOOGA
rachel
Rabid Badger
Sheba
XLT-100852.0
WD40
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Quijotesca
karmyn31
Saleha
bleachedblackcat
Verandering
Cyberwulf
Just Chipper
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!" Empty
PostSubject: Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"   Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 10:12 am

Story here

Quote :
(CNN) -- Abortion rights advocates plan to rally in Texas Tuesday after state lawmakers approved controversial legislaton that requires mothers seeking an abortion to undergo an ultrasound examination and listen to a description of what it shows.

The state house approved the anti-abortion measure in a 107-42 vote Monday. And state senators backed a similar proposal last month. After a conference committee hashes out the details, Texas Gov. Rick Perry will have the final say.

"This is a defining moment in reproductive rights, not just in Texas, but across the nation," Planned Parenthood of the Texas Capital Region said in a statement discussing its rally and lobbying day scheduled for Tuesday.

Perry praised lawmakers for their vote.

"I commend the Texas House for passing this legislation, which bolsters our efforts to protect life by ensuring Texans are fully informed when considering such an important decision," the governor said in a statement Monday. "The decision to choose life becomes clear when someone has access to all the information, and I look forward to this important legislation reaching my desk very soon."

But opponents of the measure say it is intrusive and interferes with the relationship between doctors and patients.

"It is not the jelly on the belly that most of you think. This is government intrusion at its best," Texas state Rep. Carol Alvarado said during a debate on the House floor last week.

Anti-abortion advocates say they prefer the more stringent version of the bill passed by the Texas House, CNN affiliate KVUE reported.

The House measure requires 24 hours to pass after the ultrasound before a woman can have an abortion, while the Senate version allows just two hours.

"A woman should have a day, at least, to think about the information she's receiving about the abortion procedure," anti-abortion advocate Joe Pojman told KVUE.

The Senate version also allows a woman to choose not to see the images or sounds if the pregnancy is the result of rape or incest, or if the fetus has an irreversible medical condition. The House version contains no such provisions, KVUE said.

"At the end of the day they're both very problematic bills, and they do the same thing of using an ultrasound for political ends," Dr. Scott Spear of Planned Parenthood of the Texas Capital Region told the station.

What is it with Ricks?

But seriously, though, fuck the one hundred and seven people who thought this was a good idea.

EDIT: on second thought I just remembered how laws pass in america and this was probably passed underneath a more important bill which is still pretty shitty
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"   Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 10:26 am

But don't you see, JC, women are simply too stupid to understand what "being pregnant" actually means unless they see a blurred, grainy picture of the baby Jesus inside their tummies.

And of course the politicians quoted as being in favour of this crap are men, and I'll bet at no point in their lives did they ever possess a uterus.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"   Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 10:47 am

How great would it be if all the women identified in Texas just collectively migrated the fuck out of there, and left them with nothing but lots of dick. Maybe some Hamosekswell lovings to keep them warm at night.

... shut up
I can dream in my fantasy world ok
where things are simplistic and make me grin
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"   Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 11:02 am

Devil’s Advocate: If the sight of the blob in your belly is going to make you not want an abortion, shouldn’t you not be getting one in the first place? And if you’re 100% sure about the abortion, well what’s it going to do to you?

Edit: I'm talking about the Senate bill which seems to be the much better choice. Making a woman look at her baby that has no head and going "YAY YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE A BOY :D :D" is all kinds of stupid I don't even want to think about.

Last edited by bleachedblackcat on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"   Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 11:08 am

Devil's Advocate to Devil's Advocate: Why spend the money on all those ultrasounds then, if they make no difference, anyway?

Related question: Are these sessions state-sponsored (in which case WASTE OF TAXPAYER MONEY), or do the ladies have to pay for them (in which case PENALTY FOR PREGNANCY MUCH [considering that poor ladies might not even be able to pay for this pre-abortion bullshit first])?
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"   Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 11:12 am

Saleha wrote:
Devil's Advocate to Devil's Advocate: Why spend the money on all those ultrasounds then, if they make no difference, anyway?

Related question: Are these sessions state-sponsored (in which case WASTE OF TAXPAYER MONEY), or do the ladies have to pay for them (in which case PENALTY FOR PREGNANCY MUCH [considering that poor ladies might not even be able to pay for this pre-abortion bullshit first])?

Hey! They can't spend their money on roads and better schools! That would be bullshit!
Back to top Go down
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"   Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 2:16 pm

I heard this was not going to be the regular ultra sound, but the invasive one where you have to put the thing up in you.
I'm pretty much pro-life, but if a women choses abortion, that's her decision. As long as she has made the choice without anyone forcing it on her, fine.
I do, however, think a woman has a right to know what is happening, just like any other medical procedure. And she should be educated about proper birth control. Education. That's what I adovocate.
Perry's a dick. He basically lied to get reelected. So they have money for this, but they want to slash the education budget? Screw you, Perry.
Back to top Go down
Quijotesca
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Quijotesca

PostSubject: Re: Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"   Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 2:49 pm

karmyn31 wrote:
He basically lied to get reelected. So they have money for this, but they want to slash the education budget? Screw you, Perry.
I guess some people think you don't matter after you've been born. This isn't new information it's just...fuck. I really don't understand these people.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"   Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 3:28 pm

If you're going to have an abortion, you want to think about that blob of cells inside your uterus as little as possible. It's nothing personal. It's just that you son't want to think about it. I don't see how this act is going to get 14 year old girls who got knocked up to suddenly want that baby.

But you know the next thing they're going to try passing? They're going to try and work in a requirement to be preached at by a priest so that they can try and make you change your mind even more, as if the priest is the one who's going to have to pay for and bring up the baby.

Well, I don't know. That's just a guess.

But seriously, if a woman wants an abortion, the window during which it's legal to get an abortion is so small, that at that point the heart hasn't even properly developed yet and the baby is still in the stages where it resembles a fish more than a baby.

Once again it's just another attempt to make abortion seem like murder, while in another state a senator considers the death penalty for those who have an abortion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"   Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Back to top Go down
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
XLT-100852.0

PostSubject: Re: Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"   Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 6:28 pm

Women aren't dumb enough not to know that the fetus they are aborting is an invasive organism that is feeding off their bodies. This really isn't going to deter women as much as it will annoy and violate them.

karmyn31 wrote:
I do, however, think a woman has a right to know what is happening, just like any other medical procedure. And she should be educated about proper birth control. Education. That's what I adovocate.
Abortion is a valid form of birth control. The word you are looking for is "contraception".
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"   Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:37 pm

"Yaaaawn. Yes, it is a freakish gummybear shaped blob-creature. Get rid of the goddamn thing."
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"   Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:54 pm

Not to mention the fact that intra-uterine ultrasounds cost about three times as much as ordinary ones. They're usually reserved for cases where it's believed the child might be suffering from a serious birth defect (read, one that's incompatable with life), to give the mother the option of aborting it now instead of carrying it to full term, knowing they're going to give birth to either a dead baby, or one that will die soon after birth.

And unless done carefully, they can actually increase the chances of the woman having one done miscarrying. Messing around with the fetus in-utero that early along is never a good idea.
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"   Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!" EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:03 am

I have a dream today that women in every state that makes or proposes laws against women's rights to choice and privacy will refuse to have sex with any male partner* until these laws are no longer operative.

Call it the "Cross Your Legs for Freedom Boycott".

*Lesbians? Not part of the problem AFAIK.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"   Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!" EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 1:41 am

Three day waiting period to exercise a right specifically granted by the US Constitution = imokaywiththis.jgp

Twenty-four hour wait for a "right" that was made up by lunatic feminists =

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"   Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!" EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 3:58 am

WD40 wrote:

I can't believe it took me even 5 seconds to realise I was being trolled.

Back to top Go down
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"   Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!" EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 9:33 am

XLT-100852.0 wrote:
Women aren't dumb enough not to know that the fetus they are aborting is an invasive organism that is feeding off their bodies. This really isn't going to deter women as much as it will annoy and violate them.

karmyn31 wrote:
Abortion is a valid form of birth control. The word you are looking for is "contraception".

Most birth control doesn't require your uterus to be scraped out.
Back to top Go down
Adagio
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Adagio

PostSubject: Re: Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"   Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!" EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 1:05 pm

karmyn31 wrote:
XLT-100852.0 wrote:

karmyn31 wrote:

... Duh?

Or, alternatively: so?
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"   Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!" EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 5:15 pm

karmyn31 wrote:
XLT-100852.0 wrote:

karmyn31 wrote:

No, it just involves dosing yourself with hormones to stop you ovulating, or shoving a bit of plastic up yourself and leaving it there.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"   Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!" EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 6:56 pm

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm hormones
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"   Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!" EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 10:21 pm

rachel wrote:
I have a dream today that women in every state that makes or proposes laws against women's rights to choice and privacy will refuse to have sex with any male partner* until these laws are no longer operative.

Call it the "Cross Your Legs for Freedom Boycott".

*Lesbians? Not part of the problem AFAIK.

I think they tried this in the play Lysistrata, and, according to that paragon of good research Wikipedia, in numerous other real places and times (Kenya was the most recent one, I think).
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"   Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!" EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 11:44 pm

karmyn31 wrote:
XLT-100852.0 wrote:

karmyn31 wrote:

Is that an argument against abortion as birth control? Because it's not a good one.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"   Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!" EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 7:33 am

Couldn't this rule backfire? I mean, a woman who is conflicted and not sure she wants an abortion might see the ultrasound of a blob instead of a cute baby and decide she doesn't want it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"   Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!" EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 8:13 am

Jesus. wrote:
karmyn31 wrote:
Is that an argument against abortion as birth control? Because it's not a good one.

Claiming that abortion has greater health consequences than most forms of birth control isn't a good argument against abortion as birth control?

Lady Anne wrote:
Couldn't this rule backfire? I mean, a woman who is conflicted and not sure she wants an abortion might see the ultrasound of a blob instead of a cute baby and decide she doesn't want it.

But Lady Anne don't you know that women are all easily led little lambs who will break down into tears as soon as they see a couple grainy pixels on a screen even though it probably more closely resembles a fish than a human being because they almost killed it? Just kidding this measure isn't actually to help anyone it's just to make women think about what might have been for the rest of their lives and to make sure they don't do it again.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"   Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!" EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 10:15 am

TheHedonist wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
karmyn31 wrote:

Claiming that abortion has greater health consequences than most forms of birth control isn't a good argument against abortion as birth control?

Against using it as your regular form of birth control, yes. Of it being birth control at all, no. Fact of the matter is, when all else fails, abortion is a valid option. Most BCP and Plan B still have significant health risks anyway if proper guidelines and common sense are not followed when using them. They just are less invasive and take much longer to show effect if it does at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"   Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!" Empty

Back to top Go down

Texas: "Want an abortion? Take a 24 hour guilt trip first!"
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next