Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero

Go down 
+19
Chris91
InkWeaver
David Scott Hatfield
Knight
Lexin
Jesus.
Penguin
Maximilia
DavidH
Rabid Badger
Quijotesca
Seule
the asylum
Malganis
TheIan
EileenK98
Mr.Doobie
WD40
ZoZo
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero Empty
PostSubject: FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero   FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 5:36 pm

Foreskin Man is a superhero who flies in and stops circumcisions. I am not making this up. It was apparently designed to lobby for "anti male genital mutilation" bill.

His nemeses include Dr Mutilator and Monster Mohel.

Foreskin Man lives in the Museum of Genital Integrity, and is routinely contacted by attractive women who are known as "intactivists". He appears to be enjoying sexual relationships with them, presumably because they like his foreskin so much.

As an aside, all women in this comic are either objects in bikinis, love interests or mothers. Make of that what you will.

These facts are pretty much all we know about Foreskin Man. He's not a very well developed character.

The dreadful characterisation and general attitude towards women, however, pale into insignificance with the comic's portrayal of Jews.

Check this shit out.

Anyway, that story ends with the baby being taken away to live in a remote place with ladies in bikinis. I promise you I am not making any of this up.

Truly, shockingly terrible comic.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero   FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 5:53 pm

I vote we send in The Codpiece!

Seriously though: I have seen this before, and thought it was a parody, like Hoverboy. I didn't read it...

I don't think I want to read it after following the links you put up... Wow...
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero   FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 5:59 pm

No...
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero   FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 6:01 pm

I've had my laugh of the day.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero   FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 6:09 pm

The only redeeming quality this comic has is the art is decent. But even that can't save it from the fact this "museum" has a statue of a baby in pain being circumcised.

Linkara put it best when he says, "This comic sucks!" I honestly can't bring myself to read the second "issue" as it is just a terrible concept for a superhero.

FORESKIN MAN! It sounds like a rejected Robot Master!
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero   FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 6:10 pm

Oh man, this thing. *shakes head* As an intactivist, I find it pretty damn embarrassing. As a person who likes serious comics (traditional superhero comics are awesome and all, but they are not the be-all, end-all of the medium), this is about as emotionally complex and true-to-life as Silver Age comics.

Yes, I am very uncomfortable with the misogyny and anti-Semitism (seriously, "Monster Mohel" and his Uzi-toting gang look like the Jewish ninjas in Robot Chicken's "Kill Bunny" skit. One of the worst flaws of this comic is that it makes a very complex issue into something that's black and white, it turns people who do something that is very bad into actual, literal monsters (which is just GREAT for turning someone off to what your message is -- it's like this comic's writer doesn't realize that several doctors who are against infant circ have actually done circumcisions before realizing that they were cruel and unnecessary, and stopping), and its horrible portrayals of Jews and women are the sort of prejudiced things that will turn people away from the very inclusive and positive message of intactivism.

TheIan wrote:
The only redeeming quality this comic has is the art is decent.

I think it's incredibly bland and generic, myself.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero   FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 6:15 pm

Malganis wrote:
TheIan wrote:

It is, kind of, but it sure beats the art for some of those Jack Chick tracts.
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero   FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 6:15 pm

The cause is just.

The means....... not so much.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero   FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 6:40 pm

Snarking time...

Alright everyone, I present to you, the snarking of... Foreskin Man!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Snrrrk. No, really, where's this Foreskin Man?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAOHMAHGAWDOHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!

You're telling me this is Foreskin Man? Y'know, Comic Writer, you were being silly enough making a foreskin-themed superhero in the first place. Than you had to be even more ridiculous and name the guy Foreskin Man. It was already pretty rough to take you (and your cause) seriously.

You could have given yourself a little bit of dignity by making the character actually look cool. Nope. You gave us Captain Aryan Douchenozzle here, flying around with a picture of an engorged, golden dickhead emblazoned proudly on his chest.

I hope your mother is proud when she tells her friends what her son does in his spare time.

Spoiler:

... Museum of genital integrity?

Spoiler:

Oh, so it's like an infant-penis themed Hell House.

Christ that kid has a very mature, manly jaw! I have to wonder if they modeled the baby's face after Mr. Foreskin.

It's a circumcision, but what are the circumcising? I don't see any penis! Where has the blood come from? This is a theme that reoccurs later on. I'm only to assume that all these circumcision doctors are so evil that they drool the blood of baby boys naturally.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero   FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 6:55 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:

It's a circumcision, but what are the circumcising? I don't see any penis! Where has the blood come from? This is a theme that reoccurs later on. I'm only to assume that all these circumcision doctors are so evil that they drool the blood of baby boys naturally.
I know right? In the evil Jews comic, there was blood on the scissors but FORESKIN MAN still took the baby away to live on Bikini Island. So where did the blood come from? WHAT DID THEY CHOP OFF?

WD40, is that Codpiece thing really real? Really actually a real thing that exists? Shocked
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero   FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 7:17 pm

ZoZo wrote:
WD40, is that Codpiece thing really real? Really actually a real thing that exists? Shocked

*sad nod*

That review pretty much covers his entire career though, he only existed as backstory for Coagula, a member of Doom Patrol.

For the record: Coagula is a male-to-female transexual ex-prostitute who caught superpowers off of a radioactive hermaphrodite like they were an STD.

WOO-HOO!!! COMICS!!!!
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero   FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 7:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero   FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 8:16 pm

ZoZo wrote:
In the evil Jews comic, there was blood on the scissors but FORESKIN MAN still took the baby away to live on Bikini Island. So where did the blood come from? WHAT DID THEY CHOP OFF?

That last sentence reminded me of this

Though actually, they have used electrocautery tools to do circs... that was how David Reimer's penis was destroyed.

... *wishes she hadn't remembered that*

TheIan wrote:
Malganis wrote:
TheIan wrote:

It is, kind of, but it sure beats the art for some of those Jack Chick tracts.

Only when Jack Chick does the artwork. He's actually had one or two competent artists draw for him.
Back to top Go down
Quijotesca
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Quijotesca

PostSubject: Re: FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero   FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 9:22 pm

My boyfriend did a dramatic reading of the first comic. We haven't decided if we wanna do the 2nd one yet.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero   FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 9:44 pm

Quote :
Though actually, they have used electrocautery tools to do circs... that was how David Reimer's penis was destroyed.

Near as I know, that's how they do circumcisions in the hospital. The only ones that are still done with a knife are the ritual circs done by Jews. And even then, the Rabbi has to undergo special training before he's allowed to do them. It's not like certain primative tribes, where they're done by the local village healer with a sharpened stone.

Oddly, I find myself wondering two things while perusing this comic:

1. Is Foreskin Man one of those foreskin restoration guys who's pissed as hell his parents had him cut?

and

2. I wonder if he's Jewish himself? I noticed all the circs he interrupted appear to be ceremonial Bris'. Non-Jewish baby boys are circumcised in the hospital shortly after birth by a Doctor.

also

3. Nowadays, if you tell the Doctor beforehand you don't want your son circumcised, they don't do it-though they may try to talk you into having it done. In the States, it's really more a matter of it being a cultural thing-most men are circumcised, so they want their son's to be circumcised.

That' said, I haven't seen Jew's portrayed that badly since Shylock in 'The Merchant of Venice." The Nazi's would've loved this guy.
Back to top Go down
DavidH

DavidH

PostSubject: Re: FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero   FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 10:26 pm

Here is something that would be just perfect for the plot of his next issue.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Quote :
Despite the documentation of the spread of syphilis and tuberculosis in the early 20th Century, the practice of the mohel applying his mouth to the baby's bleeding penis and sucking blood continued. This fact is verified by no less than the Chief Rabbi of the British Commonwealth, the Very Reverend the late Lord Immanuel Jakobovits. Rabbi Lord Jakobovits had a lifelong interest in medicine, and is know as "the father of Jewish medical ethics." In his book, Jewish Medical Ethics: A Comparative and Historical Study of the Jewish Religious Attitude to Medicine and Its Practice (published in 1959), he describes the circumcision ritual as follows:

The method to be adopted is laid down thus: 'One excises the foreskin, [that is] the entire skin covering the glans, so that the corona is laid bare. Afterwards, one tears with the fingernail the soft membrane underneath the skin, turning it to the sides until the flesh of the glans appears. Thereafter, one sucks the membrane until the blood is extracted from the [more] remote places, so that no danger [to the infant] may ensue; and any circumciser who does not carry out the sucking procedure is to be removed [from his office].' … The operation itself, then, consists of three distinct acts: the excision of the prepuce; the laceration of the mucous membrane covering the glans; and the sucking of the blood from the interior of the wound.

— Rabbi Lord Jakobovits (1) (emphasis added)

Rabbi Lord Jakobovits, an Orthodox Jew, wrote those words in 1959, confirming the continued use of the Orthodox practice. But despite documented history that mezizah had spread deadly diseases, this medical ethicist called for the dismissal of any mohel who would not perform mezizah: "any circumciser who does not carry out the sucking procedure is to be removed."
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero   FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 5:36 am

Quijotesca wrote:
My boyfriend did a dramatic reading of the first comic. We haven't decided if we wanna do the 2nd one yet.
Your boyfriend is AWESOME.

I'd love to see the second one, if he can bring himself to do an "evil Jew" voice.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero   FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 5:51 am

Spoiler:
Spoilered for size.

OK, what? They have to hold down a baby? No, seriously. What? I mean... wouldn't it more evil for the baby to look up at the dude trusting and stuff? I definitely get the ebil Jew vibe, but more than that, ebil pedoJew. FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero 556166

Spoiler:

.... BWHAHAHAHAHA! FAPP!
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero   FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 6:05 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
In the States, it's really more a matter of it being a cultural thing-most men are circumcised, so they want their son's to be circumcised.

That' said, I haven't seen Jew's portrayed that badly since Shylock in 'The Merchant of Venice." The Nazi's would've loved this guy.

holy apostrophes badger
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero   FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:57 am

Quote :
OK, what? They have to hold down a baby?

You must never have been changing a baby who tried to roll off the table. Depending on the age, they're wriggly little things.

Quote :
.... BWHAHAHAHAHA! FAPP!

Someone, somewhere, is getting off to this. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by EileenK98 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix the quote tags)
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero   FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 8:09 am

Spoiler:

But what I'm willing to bet they won't include an exhibit on female circumcision! Those women need to go find their own advocates, get out of the penis-club BITCHES!

Speaking of African Circumcisions, I hope he includes an issue where Captain Dickskin fights THE KENYAN CARVER! Or something. All I know is that, judging by his past depictions of the Jews, his character design will probably look something like this...

Spoiler:

BECUZ' 'UH MAI! MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! MAAAAAMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Spoiler:

And I really hope that something involves my mouth around your hard, throbbing, uncut cock.

Spoiler:

He has a Foreskin Cave?

Or wait, it's probably The Cave of Genital Integrity.

So our hero goes down into his very own Fortress of Genital Integritude...
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero   FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 8:14 am

I'm half-surprised he didn't just call his museum The Foreskin and his secret lair The Head.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero   FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 8:54 am

Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero   FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 11:34 am

He kidnaps the child so that he can't be circumcised. There's a solution.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero   FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:40 pm

"I command you to WANK" is now my new signature. How did the proofreaders miss that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero   FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero Empty

Back to top Go down

FORESKIN MAN! The anti-circumcision superhero
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next