Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GAWDAMMIT! There's black people in mah comic books!

Go down 
+25
Somath Cegem
Lapin
Reepicheep-chan
Aggie
TheIan
Dixie
Nevvy
The Scientist
Exodia's Right Leg
Jay/Cris
NichoMas
Braigwen
Miss Misery
Spotts1701
EileenK98
Chris91
Mikey Go WOOGA
Mr.Doobie
Soylent Green
Penguin
Rabid Badger
Dr. Professor Science
Maximilia
myeerah
WD40
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The Scientist
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
The Scientist

GAWDAMMIT! There's black people in mah comic books! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAWDAMMIT! There's black people in mah comic books!   GAWDAMMIT! There's black people in mah comic books! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 9:28 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
Actual List of the 50 countries that Comprise the European Union:

Turkey

I don't want to open a can of worms here or anything, but..... well, Turkey is most certainly not part of the EU. I would know. People around here would not be pleased at all if something major like this were decided without them knowing. And that's understating it.
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: GAWDAMMIT! There's black people in mah comic books!   GAWDAMMIT! There's black people in mah comic books! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 9:43 am

The Scientist wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:
Actual List of the 50 countries that Comprise the European Union:

Turkey

I don't want to open a can of worms here or anything, but..... well, Turkey is most certainly not part of the EU. I would know. People around here would not be pleased at all if something major like this were decided without them knowing. And that's understating it.

Perhaps it's a wishlist? Or a list from an alternate universe where the European Union isn't caught with the massively stupid and where they don't blithely say no to the very strategic ally that is Turkey?

Last edited by Jay/Cris on Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Nevvy
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: GAWDAMMIT! There's black people in mah comic books!   GAWDAMMIT! There's black people in mah comic books! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 10:19 am

Maybe they got Turkey mixed up into that list because Turkey takes part in the Eurovision Song Contest. Though the drama involved in that is even greater than that of decision making in the EU... well, at least if you trust the tabloids.
Back to top Go down
Dixie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Dixie

PostSubject: Re: GAWDAMMIT! There's black people in mah comic books!   GAWDAMMIT! There's black people in mah comic books! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 10:56 am

Turkey is, at least partly, in Europe but being in Europe does not equal being a member of the EU. I think Badger just got her terminology wrong.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: GAWDAMMIT! There's black people in mah comic books!   GAWDAMMIT! There's black people in mah comic books! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 7:52 pm

WD40 wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:
WD-40, will you e-marry me? Blush
Of course! Smile But only if we can e-honeymoon on the set of the Avengers movie.

Of course we can, dear GAWDAMMIT! There's black people in mah comic books! - Page 2 831506

And yeah, I was thinking they were a bit out of date with Black Panther's worst enemy, but I couldn't find my son's copy of The Marvel Encylopedia. By my own estimate, I don't think Pretorious has figured much in T'Challa's history since the early 80s.

Badger also wishes to apologize for including Turkey in the EU, though, in all fairness, it was on the list I googled when looking for members of the European Union. I didn't realize the EU was not the same as Europe (it's not my fault I'm geographically challenged-I only recently realized that apparently there's an upper Midwest and a lower Midwest. At least that's what the guy on The Weather Channel claims)
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: GAWDAMMIT! There's black people in mah comic books!   GAWDAMMIT! There's black people in mah comic books! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 2:36 pm

You know a few posts back I mentioned that it was odd that a Christian group was really concerning itself with th correct representation of an avatar of a pagan religion?

Well, I think I've found the answer:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

See! Turns out the Star of Bethlehem was actually the aftermath of the spectral destruction of ancient Asgard. Won't learn that in Sunday School I can tell you!
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: GAWDAMMIT! There's black people in mah comic books!   GAWDAMMIT! There's black people in mah comic books! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 2:44 pm

WD40 wrote:
You know a few posts back I mentioned that it was odd that a Christian group was really concerning itself with th correct representation of an avatar of a pagan religion?

See! Turns out the Star of Bethlehem was actually the aftermath of the spectral destruction of ancient Asgard. Won't learn that in Sunday School I can tell you!
I will never look at the Nativity Scene the same way ever again.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: GAWDAMMIT! There's black people in mah comic books!   GAWDAMMIT! There's black people in mah comic books! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 3:07 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
All the other very real problems we have in the world, and these guys have their boxers in a bunch over a group of fictional characters from a comic. The mind-it boggles.
I suppose we should be grateful that they're wasting their time being racist on behalf of a fictional world and not pestering anyone in the real one.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: GAWDAMMIT! There's black people in mah comic books!   GAWDAMMIT! There's black people in mah comic books! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 8:17 pm

TheIan wrote:
WD40 wrote:

I will never look at the Nativity Scene the same way ever again.

Odd. I don't remember any of my Sunday School teachers mentioning THAT when we had the yearly lesson about Jesus' birth.

Maybe God destroyed Asgard because they were Heathens? GAWDAMMIT! There's black people in mah comic books! - Page 2 961878
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: GAWDAMMIT! There's black people in mah comic books!   GAWDAMMIT! There's black people in mah comic books! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:01 pm

Pretty poor excuse to Bump this thing again, but I’ve been following Boycott-Thor.com and there’s been a few lulzy posts.

There’s a post about how much ‘Media Attention’ the site has gathered, and really, it’s only gathered attention from hardcore racists, the CCC itself and people like me, a combination film academic and comic nerd, (I feel really weird describing myself as a film ‘Academic’ now, I don’t really fulfil my own personal idea of what an ‘academic’ is, I’m just a guy who just really likes blarbing on about Godzilla, The Planet of the Apes and Scott Pilgrim...) Hell, if there was a way to work in a video game and a wrester, I could probably dedicate my entire scholastic career to this thing.

Anyway...

Another post is about how Marvel’s film, which, I’ll say it again, is its own intellectual property, and is based upon the money-making schemes of a particularly imaginative Jew, suffering from writers block in the 1960s, based extremely loosely on the pagan ramblings of a bunch of tanked, homicidal, barbarians, is in fact, get this, "re-write[ing the] entire history of Northern Europe."

FUCK ME! That is some influential cultural artefact we’re dealing with here. I mean, it’s not as though the Avengers movie still has working, accepted scripts that don’t feature Thor at all, and the this film is little more than some sparkly fireworks to bridge the gap between Iron Man 2 and Captain America... Jeez!

But the one I want to focus on is the one aspect that Boycott-Thor and the CCC is really interested in. We can’t ever forget that Marvel produced, and continues to produce, a character who stands up for himself and his people, beats off his oppressors against enormous odds, takes a sensitive but relevant contemporary political stance and explores both it’s strengths and its weaknesses in order to provide the followers of his adventures an insight into what would otherwise be a complex and intimidating intellectual, social and political arena.

So, am I talking about Spider-Man, Captain America, Black Panther or the X-Men?

Of course it’s Black Panther, gawdammit he’s BLAAAAAACCKKKK!

The article focuses on the recent Black panther cartoon, which Boycott-Thor calls: “Marvel’s viciously anti-White [...] cartoon.”

Now, I’m gonna have to confess to not knowing much about Black Panther. Seriously, He had like 2 pages in Civil War, (when he told Reed to phone Sue because, OMG their marriage was on the rocks, AGAIN!) and since then he’s been filling in as Daredevil, (another comic I don’t read) because daredevil is evil now... Apparently...

[as an aside, the Shadowlands arc that covers this also produced the most hilarious team-up I’ve seen in ages: Ghost Rider, Punisher, Moon Knight and... wait for it... Spider-Man. HA-HA!! One of these things is not like the others!]

However, when I saw the trailers for the Back Panther cartoon, I really wanted to see it, even of only to see if the show itself matched the intro: