Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why God Why are you working here?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EricD
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
EricD

Why God Why are you working here? Empty
PostSubject: Why God Why are you working here?   Why God Why are you working here? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 4:23 pm

Ladies, gentlemen, let me tell you about my supervisor. We shall call her the Troll.

Why do we call her the Troll? Firstly, that's her actual nickname. Why is this? Because she is short, squat, ugly as sin, and has evil in her heart.

The Troll is quite possibly the angriest, most hateful supervisor I have ever had to work with. I've been working at this job for about a month now, as a merchandiser, and it is easy as shit. It boils down to: Take stuff from the stockroom, find its place on the shelves, put it on the shelves. ANYONE could do this job. A mentally challenged monkey, with adequate training, could do this job. And, with a month of experience, I am more than qualified for this job. Regardless of this, the Troll treats me like I'm blazingly incompetent, and is constantly harassing me and shepherding me as I put the stock out, despite the fact that I have never shown to have any difficulty doing this job.

Then there's her attitude. Because of the speed at which I work, on any given eight hour shift, I usually finish my list of assigned tasks an hour or two to spare. Any of my other supervisors or managers, in that situation, would say: "Okay Eric, you can chill out now, but make sure you keep checking the floor for customers who might need help". So generally what I do is bring a book, read for a few minutes, check the floor for people needing help, then read a bit more, rinse and repeat. A decent enough plan for killing an hour or two. The Troll does not approve. She apparently believes that I'm so incompetent that it would be impossible for me to finish a list of tasks in an eight hour shift, so if I'm just relaxing and NOT scrambling to get something done, I must be slacking off!

And then there's her tendency to fly off the handle over the smallest things. A few days ago, I was in the manager's office, writing down my work schedule for the next few weeks, which is a sensible enough act, I think. The Troll enters, sees me sitting at the desk, and flips her shit! She threatened to fire me because I apparently wasn't supposed to be 'slacking off'. I told her that I was writing down my schedule, and she replied with: "Don't give me any fucking excuses, you little lazy fuck". The only thing that saved my job was the fact that our manager hates her as much as she hates every living thing, and sided with me on the argument. Just last night, it was about 5 minutes before my shift ended, not enough time for a merchandiser to actually accomplish anything, so I was just waiting for the clock to run down and talking to one of the girls who works in Cosmetics, who is a friend of mine. The Troll comes over and, again, flips her shit and threatens to fire me over 'slacking off'. Again, I wasn't fired because the rest of the store all acknowledges that she's crazy as shit.

Anyways, that's my worst coworker. Anyone else have stories like that?
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Why God Why are you working here?   Why God Why are you working here? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 5:03 pm

Oh well, as it happens I work with someoTHERE'S A THREAD JUST LIKE THIS LIKE FIVE POSTS DOWN THE FORUM
Back to top Go down
EricD
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
EricD

PostSubject: Re: Why God Why are you working here?   Why God Why are you working here? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 5:09 pm

...You are ENTIRELY correct! I am also ENTIRELY blind, it seems. Thank you sir, for pointing out my error.

Could a moderator please wave his magic wand and close this thread?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why God Why are you working here?   Why God Why are you working here? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why God Why are you working here?
Page 1 of 1