Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Jersey Woman Says Boyfriend Beat Her with a Cat

Go down 
+16
InkWeaver
Reepicheep-chan
Just Chipper
Mafiosa
Sarin
Pierre Gringoire
Lady Anne
Knight
Verandering
Dr. Professor Science
KelinciHutan
Mr.Doobie
saeku
caffeine addict
Mikey Go WOOGA
Rabid Badger
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

New Jersey  Woman Says Boyfriend Beat Her with a Cat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Jersey Woman Says Boyfriend Beat Her with a Cat   New Jersey  Woman Says Boyfriend Beat Her with a Cat - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 9:42 pm

Oh god I know. When we get a crazy cat restrained at work, at the moment of letting go, we all run into the far corners of the room and hope the little things don't have enough adrenaline in them to come all the way after one of us.

In conclusion, cats are unruly, highly unpredictable weapons that are awkward at best to wield. I cannot believe anything other than that the article was exaggerating a bit (or that the person describing it to the reporter was exaggerating a bit), because there is no real good way to beat someone with a cat.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey Woman Says Boyfriend Beat Her with a Cat   New Jersey  Woman Says Boyfriend Beat Her with a Cat - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:13 am

rae wrote:
InkWeaver wrote:
Damage done or not done to the cat-wielding man may also have depended on whether or not the cat was declawed.
Damn it. Now I'm wondering what kind / how many dice that a cat would be as a melee weapon.
What you do is you take three 6 sided die, stack them into a little tower, and then have you pet cat knock them over for you (I once lived with a cat who lived to knock over dice piles).
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey Woman Says Boyfriend Beat Her with a Cat   New Jersey  Woman Says Boyfriend Beat Her with a Cat - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 12:25 pm

rae wrote:
InkWeaver wrote:
Damage done or not done to the cat-wielding man may also have depended on whether or not the cat was declawed.

Damn it. Now I'm wondering what kind / how many dice that a cat would be as a melee weapon.

1d3 slash, is my guess. It would have to be an improvised weapon.
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey Woman Says Boyfriend Beat Her with a Cat   New Jersey  Woman Says Boyfriend Beat Her with a Cat - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm

Verandering wrote:
Oh god I know. When we get a crazy cat restrained at work, at the moment of letting go, we all run into the far corners of the room and hope the little things don't have enough adrenaline in them to come all the way after one of us.

Our previous cat was so bad with the vet techs that she got an "aggressive dog" sticker in her chart. Vaccinating this animal was usually a three person process: two to hold the cat, one to give the shot. More than three if more than one shot was necessary, and someone usually ended up bleeding. Mostly me--I still have scars from that cat.

Quote :
In conclusion, cats are unruly, highly unpredictable weapons that are awkward at best to wield. I cannot believe anything other than that the article was exaggerating a bit (or that the person describing it to the reporter was exaggerating a bit), because there is no real good way to beat someone with a cat.

I vote for slight exaggeration as well. While I think the cat was probably used as a weapon, I don't know that it'd work for more than one swing before the cat got away (either by escaping or tearing the wielder apart). Or it was thrown and that was interpreted as "hit."
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey Woman Says Boyfriend Beat Her with a Cat   New Jersey  Woman Says Boyfriend Beat Her with a Cat - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 8:24 pm

Yeah, I'm in the belief that he threw the cat at her, not actively swung or struck her with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey Woman Says Boyfriend Beat Her with a Cat   New Jersey  Woman Says Boyfriend Beat Her with a Cat - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Jersey Woman Says Boyfriend Beat Her with a Cat
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2